New Feature: Boss Bang

blaa

EHX4Mc4.png

sSqA6NV.png

Boss increases in level after each fight

m6CIYmR.png

You need to win 100 fights to get the girl

FJ9vaHO.png 70xaQjX.png <- clickable

Create at least one team to start the Bang.

jFb3aFU.png

Teams have "health" which doesn't return to full after the fight.

The event will last 4 days.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

image.thumb.png.43efa9da9d7909e550fcd9cefc037682.png

image.thumb.png.d12d724042d6552918ac285d95680df0.png

• Thanks 12

This seems interesting.

I'm afraid of the lvl of the boss though, if it start at our level and you need to beat it 100 times in 4 days this may be harsh.

I'm not sure of to feel about it tbh, guess i'll wait to see it myself. 

This doesn't speak about anything to pay to do it (combativity, ticket, etc.) but i guess it's just an oversight (maybe it use the Champions bar? "5 chest during progression")

Thanks for sharing! :) 

Edited by Boulie2

Just gave it a try (lvl 250 on test server). After 10 minutes of repeated fights with a single team, I got the girl.

The trick is that after each battle, you lose some health/ego, and you can't regenerate over time. So, you need... good defense (to minimize damage taken) and healing (to recover if you take more than 0 damage).

I didn't use counter elements. It doesn't really matter, because you really want to setup for long fights. So even if you do only 1 damage per round, as long as you take 0 damage, you're good to go.

Having a first team with high defense and healing, and then some powerful all-damage teams to finish the job (if your first team isn't sufficient) might also be a viable strategy, if the boss becomes harder.

There is no limit to how many fights you can do (as long as you have one team with some Ego left), so the event can really be completed in a few minutes. You just have to take the time to do 100 fights in a row (and check your health from time to time).

Like daily goals, there are 5 chests to unlock (One every 20 fights). They contain legendary affection items (2 Flowers, 2 Chocolates, 1 Bracelet, for a total of 45 000 Affection (Which is good, but not amazing, considering it's a monthly event. A nice buff, not game-changing).

As usual, this seems to be a shard-based exclusive girl, which means the first 80 shards are worthless; only the final step actually matters. If you're stuck before the last chest, there is no way to obtain the missing 20 shards (as of today). So, it's actually a mini-monthly-Pantheon.

• Thanks 14
  • Hearts 1

il y a 7 minutes, Liliat a dit :

There is no limit to how many fights you can do (as long as you have one team with some Ego left), so the event can really be completed in a few minutes. You just have to take the time to do 100 fights in a row (and check your health from time to time).

Ho. 

There is absolutely no cost?

Do you get 20 shards (guaranteed) on each stage? 

If it's ~45k aff and a girl (5L* i guess) each month and it is "relatively" easy, that's a good event for me :P 

EDIT:

Just saw the screens, ig it answers my questions :P 

So i guess you can have 5 teams in parallel? And you only "need" to pay koban when he five teams are exhausted? 

Edited by Boulie2

Il y a 3 heures, Boulie2 a dit :

So i guess you can have 5 teams in parallel? And you only "need" to pay koban when he five teams are exhausted? 

Exactly. I would recommend preparing the teams one by one. I created all 5 teams before doing the first fight, and that's a bit pointless; because you don't really know what to expect. If you create the next team only after the current one is exhausted, then you can adapt to the situation. Especially, since the event lasts for 6 days 4 days, you may include booster changes or new blessings, ... which is a bit harder to anticipate if you immediately create your 5 teams (they can't be changed afterwards, and each girl can only belong to one team).

In my case, on the test server, I only had 4 L5 girls available, so I put pretty much everything I had in the first team, and the other 4 teams were essentially trash. But on the live server, we should have more options, and most players should be able to have 5 strong teams (Or decent ones, at least).

I don't know if the girl is worth it. As usual, on the test server, they reuse a random existing girl (L3 in this case). My guess is that she'll be an L5 girl on the live server. That would make the boss harder to defeat in practice, but the reward would also be worth the effort.

Edit: Fixed the duration of the event. The current event on the test server lasts 6 days; but according to the description, it is supposed to last 4 days.

Edited by Liliat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

il y a 5 minutes, Yamiray a dit :

on test server I'm level 290 but I must not have a good line up of girls because I was only able to get 17 Potions and now have all 5 teams used up. So I got nothing from this.

My harem is a bit crazy on test server. I don't have too many girls (64, including 5 L5, but one of them is Nikki which I just obtained today). However, they're lvl 500.

Also, Sensual is blessed at the moment on the Test Server, so my strongest team was automatically blue.

However, I'm not really sure why I was taking 0 damage most of the time. If I check my team now on the PvP screens, I only have 18.4k Defense, and Pearl was hitting at 20k-21k. But I had more than 20k defense when I was fighting her, so I was able to fully cancel any damage (Defense+Heal).

Anyway, there's a very thin line to balance this event. Too easy, and everyone will complete the event in a few minutes. Too hard, and everyone will exhaust their best teams without getting more than 20 or 40 shards. Just like Pantheon, it's all or nothing, with very little room for optimization. You can afford taking 5% damage per round at most, and that's very close to 0 (And 0 means "unlimited fights").

à l’instant, garadron a dit :

wait so if all our teams are tired, is there some kind of a timer for them to refresh or the only option is spending kobans? This would mean that we can lose the event to a paywall?

Kobans only, exactly. If you feel that you can't beat the boss, don't exhaust your teams; wait a few days to get a better situation (better blessings or higher levels).

7 minutes ago, Liliat said:

You can afford taking 5% damage per round at most, and that's very close to 0 (And 0 means "unlimited fights").

If the boss girl is gaining levels and getting stronger, then it means that if you start losing 5% ofthe health with your best team then you will take more than 10% before reaching 100 wins, A quick thumb rule is that if you lose less than 1% at the start with your strongest team then you will get the boss girl.

• Like 1

So far it looks like a nice additional event: girls arent that strong, you dont have another currency for fights, it doesnt consume too much time to complete it. If we get it instead of ED and/or LD this would be a good improvement.

One problem might be: if you cant switch teams but you hit a wall, there is no need to refresh them. I guess, for another 100/600 kobans you should be able to switch teams. 

• Like 3

il y a 5 minutes, blaa a dit :

One problem might be: if you cant switch teams but you hit a wall, there is no need to refresh them. I guess, for another 100/600 kobans you should be able to switch teams. 

I don't think you can hit a wall in the same way you do against Pantheon; you should always be able to win a 1v1 fight. However, winning 5-6 fights in a row may complicated; so that's where refreshing comes in handy.

But I like the idea of "resetting" a team, rather than just healing it.

il y a 28 minutes, jelom a dit :

If the boss girl is gaining levels and getting stronger, then it means that if you start losing 5% ofthe health with your best team then you will take more than 10% before reaching 100 wins, A quick thumb rule is that if you lose less than 1% at the start with your strongest team then you will get the boss girl.

I over-simplified :) you're right.

23 minutes ago, bolitho76 said:

In the description is written that the event last 4 days. There is only one event of this type per month!

Thanks, I misread the duration. In this case, this seems like another mindless clicking feature. I do like the rewards.

• Like 1

Oh god seems like I´ve missed a lot again today :D

are you the new mod with the missing whip @blaa :P ?

I´m only at 40 potions so far for the boss  bang even but from what I can tell, sensual teams will come in quite handy (another reason why Mythic Norou is best girl :P
I´ll be back with more one I get the chance to finish it ^^

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gave it a try on test server, did not understand the point. Won the first 100 battles in a row with the first girl of my first team. Was the boss too weak, I don't know and did not really watch what her level was ( I am level 396 on test server ). Once again what's the point : 100 repetitive boring clicks ???

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Blabla07 said:

Once again what's the point : 100 repetitive boring clicks ???

It depends on how Kinkoid approaches difficulty of Boss Bang.

On all player levels we have a spectrum of players. From casuals to script-using spreadsheet-wielding diehards. :D

If Boss difficulty and team-build UI would allow free wins for more casual part of players - it would be a cakewalk for those who build their teams carefully.

And vice-versa, if diehard minmaxer would find it challenging - it would be an impassable wall for casuals with many cries of "p2w".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Hearts 1

This boss is  a proxy for sure. Probably the actual one will be L5 and by growing by percentages the last levels will be a bit more challenging. I suppose they are just testing the functions spotting for bugs.

Do I like it? No.

The feature lack a bit of interactivity and again, some did the concept and someone hold a break.

As you can't do nothing about, and is very hard that conditions change in the meanwhile, without any interactivity as I suggested it practically play automode. You already know if you win or lose.

No no, it look very wrong to me the way it is right now.

How I'll do it:

To have it better, have the boss grow in Level and come with 5 teams the same. The boss select one of his teams randomly. Pay 6 kobans to have the Boss reroll ad pick another Team.

Then pick your team, but a team cannot be picked more than 20 times before getting exhausted.

If you lose with a Team, it get immediatedly exhausted.

You have to pay 60 kobans to refresh a Team, for a single fight again (10 fights for 600 kobans, 100 fights for 6000 kobans, that sound right to collect a Legendary 5).

The entire thing will become a challenge into team making, trying to create the best teams to counter the boss ones, and some meta (what if the boss pick the Red team more than the 20 times you can pick your counter team? Do you own another team to counter it efficiently?). The way it is now is just a brute force thing about who already own L5 from previous events.

Edited by lepidocter
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hug 1

Thank you guys for all the info and previews. Much appreciated. ❤️ 

I've actually spent a bit of time trying to make my dumb test account reach the bare minimum requirements to test this myself, but I didn't make it before realizing I was boring myself to death on the TS and closed the tab. ^^

This seems like a potentially very cool addition and a welcome breather. Considering my default expectations for the past 5-6 months have been "new feature? most likely another overpriced yet somehow kinda mandatory koban sink" (with good reasons, even though some actually nice surprises made their way into the game like Daily Goals in between all of the meta-shaking stink bombs Rosso and friends have been dropping on us since the slow-burn BDSM/Awakenings/This_is_an_RPG_now transition started)... it'll be a long, long time before I even consider complaining about anything being "too easy".

I'm surprised some of us seem to have a much higher tolerance to pain and a lot less craving for kindness than I do, at least from this game. To each their own, sure, but then again... when I'm too cold and you're too hot, the right thing to do is to close the window. If you want more difficulty, make things more difficult for yourselves (very easy to do, we had our fair share of infamous examples right here on the forum ^^). Don't ask the devs to make it more difficult for us all, thanks a lot.

• Like 5
  • Thinking 2
  • Hearts 1