New Feature: Boss Bang

blaa

5 ore fa, DvDivXXX ha scritto:

new feature? most likely another overpriced yet somehow kinda mandatory koban sink" 

There is an hidden and dangerous koban sink there, that's why I triggered my silly 'designer mode'.

The moment you pay your first 600 kobans, the risk become losing your 600 kobans, not losing the girl. To avoid any waste, you'll continue to spend kobans or any sum will be wasted. Is a gambling principle that (if I do remember) is called French Martingale and sometime come in Texas Hold 'em too. Compulsive gamblers use it for slot machines.

Here, anyway, you can predict the whole result in advance, so is not an hazard game. But doing so make the event one of the most "complicate" in the package. You have to know the grow rate of the boss, and compute the erosion of 5 teams. Better first, or mix up the scores? Second better? Last better? When and who refresh?

I hope many people will know how to do such math and how to defend themselves from the wrong impulse of considering any loss as an investment. Or this thing can become an actual black void, at least the first instance.

• Like 2

My thoughts about the feature after the first run:

Either you find a decent set of girls in your harem (probably something like 4 sensuals & 3 girls to counter the boss' element). Then you're just 100 clicks away from a new girl & some mythic gifts.

Or you don't. Then there's no means you can get her (other than an unlimited amount of kobans) -- neither in 5 minutes, 5 hours nor 5 days.

Perhaps this run on the test-server was especially easy (with the sensual blessing & a voyeur boss -- but without any mythic girls).

Sorry, but I cannot see anything of interest in this new feature.

• Thanks 1

I'd like it a little more if they used older girls rather then new ones. I mean we have now 21 KC, 20 LC, 16 Season(x2) 22 PoA(first x2 rest x4) that have yet to be revival-ed. The TS is using Pearl from PoA 8 but they normally don't show new girls on the TS so can't tell if it would be new or old until we see it go live.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lepidocter said:

The moment you pay your first 600 kobans, the risk become losing your 600 kobans, not losing the girl. To avoid any waste, you'll continue to spend kobans or any sum will be wasted. Is a gambling principle that

Sunk cost fallacy. And sure, some bad players will fall for that. But it looks to me (again I wasn't able to test it for myself yet) that as a good player going at it with a good strategy (see @Liliat's post), this feature should be a breather.

1 hour ago, Yamiray said:

The TS is using Pearl from PoA 8 but they normally don't show new girls on the TS

29 minutes ago, BIGEVIL said:

I like this idea but maybe add a variety from 3 star rares to 5 star legends.

Friendly reminder that the Test Server always uses existing girls and almost always 3-star ones for the mock-up slash testing phase as placeholders, not any indication of what the actual feature will offer once the finished product goes live on Prod.

Also, more specifically for @BIGEVIL kindly note that there is a dedicated section for newer players to ask their questions, ANY questions, about the game. It's best to ask even the most basic of questions there than to derail main discussion threads with lack of knowledge (even if in this case you didn't know you were lacking info, doing a little research can't hurt either):

I'm not sure what they changed exactly, but I'm unable to beat this boss. It's Filya on the Test Server (L5 intead of L3), and she apparently has 10-20% more attack than Pearl. She isn't blessed (Sensual blessing ended yesterday), and blessings are pretty terrible this week.

I was able to do 27% damage with one team (Blue/White), and since I barely have any girls on the TS, I can't use a second (decent) team. I'll probably throw random girls at her to pick some flowers and chocolates, but I won't be able to get more than 40-60 shards.

It will probably be better on the main server, with more options available (Plenty of L5, some Mythic Girls, more elements and equipment to choose from...), but it looks like it could be a challenging event after all.

2 hours ago, Liliat said:

I'm not sure what they changed exactly, but I'm unable to beat this boss

Putting a know-how in the 1st or 2nd position can regenerate the team health. This may help your team last longer. My gauge stayed around 100% for the first 60+ fights.

il y a 31 minutes, Methos2 a dit :

Putting a know-how in the 1st or 2nd position can regenerate the team health. This may help your team last longer. My gauge stayed around 100% for the first 60+ fights.

How come? It's a B.D.S.M fight, not a champions fight.

AFAIK, only Sensual Healing matters (But then it doesn't matter which class/position you use; it's a fixed value). That's also what I did for the first boss fight, against Pearl.

• Like 5

I'll admit that I had to use one paid rest, but only at 98 potions. The first team carried it through to about 80 potions. For most of those fights, the team was at level 450, but when it started looking like I was permanently losing health and there was a legendary contest for girl XP, I upgraded to level 500. My hero's level is 268. So yeah, there are situations in which the boss is challenging, clearly. I've not yet seriously thought about the strategy; maybe with the hope that my main account won't be needing a whole lot of it. We'll see how the difficulty scales in practice.

à l’instant, sban a dit :

Is it beneficial in terms of healing to have a sensual only team? If healing is so high that the team never gets tired, it doesn't matter if it takes many rounds each fight, right?

Yes. You want to maximize either Defense, or Heal; ideally both (If your defense + heal is higher than the opponent's attack, you're good to go).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

EDIT - Mods - could you please remove the second screenshot with the offending avatar? I can't delete this.

Don't have a lot of time to post right now (ugg RL):

image.thumb.png.e857387973fca46508e3add54978e83d.png

Only needed one team, and it wasn't my strongest by a long long way. I chose every 5th girl while avoiding any Dominance.

Feature just seems to be a free girl + affection.

Edited by DvDivXXX
Mod edit: as per request
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Liliat said:

You want to maximize either Defense

Well in this particular case, since the Boss is Dark, you might not want to Tag your team White, as that would give her a +20% Crit Chance on you (largely defeats the point of maxing Defense ^^).

---------

Glad to see she's been promptly fixed from a 3-star to a 5-star girl. I barely had time to check before they made the change, and my screenshot doesn't show her Stars as I wasn't hovering on the exclamation mark. Still, thank you Kinkoid!  :ph34r:❤️ 

• Like 1

il y a 4 minutes, DvDivXXX a dit :

Well in this particular case, since the Boss is Dark, you might not want to Tag your team White, as that would give her a +20% Crit Chance on you (largely defeats the point of maxing Defense ^^).

If your defense is high enough to cancel any damage, it really doesn't matter. 0x2 = 0 (As far as I know :D ). Although it seems harder to achieve with the updated version of BB (My first team against Pearl on test server was defensive enough to take 0 damage for the first ~60 levels). But if you can't reach this invulnerability threshold, then yes, avoiding Submissive element is a good idea for sure :)

Citation

Glad to see she's been promptly fixed from a 3-star to a 5-star girl. I barely had time to check before they made the change, and my screenshot doesn't show her Stars as I wasn't hovering on the exclamation mark. Still, thank you Kinkoid!  :ph34r:❤️ 

Oh, I didn't even realize :D I saw her 3 stars version, and then the lag convinced me to wait for at least one hour before doing anything.

Edited by Liliat
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

I've actualy reached a point where I don't see new 5*s as significantly more valuable than 3*s. They're so prohibitively expensive to upgrade from the ground floor, that the chances of me putting any new 5* Legendaries into play in the foreseeable future are negligible. Upgrading the ones that I already have to Awakening level takes long enough, and even once I have my current collection maxed at 750 (a long way off yet), there's a new Mythic every month.....

Edited by JustVisitingReborn

21 minutes ago, JustVisitingReborn said:

EDIT - Mods - could you please remove the second screenshot with the offending avatar? I can't delete this.

Don't have a lot of time to post right now (ugg RL):

Only needed one team, and it wasn't my strongest by a long long way. I chose every 5th girl while avoiding any Dominance.

Feature just seems to be a free girl + affection.

Yeah, went super easy and I didn't take my strongest/blessed girls because I wanted to leave them for the hardest part if needed, just took 3 blues to get some good healing and go

image.thumb.png.a3f21ddb76131691f5c830f367068e84.png

But I think the mode is currently bugged because I started fighting with 1 girl on level 500, noticed it around fight 20 when I still had 100% hp available thanks to the heals, went to level up that 1 girl and came back to see that my current hp is at 99% or something like that. Not a problem because I healed that difference in 1 hit but it's not how it should be according to their blog post.

1 hour ago, JustVisitingReborn said:

I've actualy reached a point where I don't see new 5*s as significantly more valuable than 3*s.

[Followed by a list of valid reasons they're not an immediate gain for battle purposes]

Don't forget 5-stars also have 2 extra scenes and poses. Pretty pixels still matter too. :D 

• Like 2

il y a 13 minutes, Mr.S a dit :

I'm doing something wrong or you guys are stupidly strong 😐

It's an all-or-nothing kind of event. Either you have one team strong enough to defeat the boss on their own (Or at least deal 80% of damage with a single team), or it's game over.

For me, it was game over on Test Server against Filya, but a no-brainer against Pearl. I expect it to be easy enough on the Live server (Once the lag is over. I don't feel like clicking a hundred times with 4s of lag between each click).

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

Errr... I'm weary to click on "Validate" even though I'm pretty sure there's a confirmation pop-up if I do... I'm used to the stats shown in the Edit Team screen being incorrect, which is why I typically validate a team, then go back to it to see its actual final stats after all bonuses and stuff are properly accounted for, for the rest of the game... But here, if I understood correctly, there's no way to do that, if I Validate a team, I can't change it, so I have to guesstimate correctly without the ability to double-check the proper stats they'll get.

But still, this 0 Harmony looks a bit weird:
image.png

Is it just me, or is this a hidden specificity of BB fights? Harmony is disabled? I'd really like to know before clicking on Validate, because that's a major change for my strategy if that's the case.