New Feature: Boss Bang

blaa

It's a visual bug in the team selector. Stats don't update, and Harmony is shown at 0, but the real stats will be higher.

I recommend editing the team in Seasons or League, checking the actual stats there, and then using the same team in BB (You have to redo it, but it's a lot safer).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Liliat said:

It's a visual bug in the team selector. Stats don't update, and Harmony is shown at 0, but the real stats will be higher.

Thanks a TON. Helps a lot. I'll do my team building tests where it's safe as you recommended. 👍

Easy, if you got high level sensual team girls just out heal the damage back to 100% no need for other 4 teams.

You can wait till the end of the event before claiming your rewards as well waiting for get a new girl contest before claiming.

Edited by natstar

I think this event has to  change, and will change, quite a bit soon, since I don't think it was meant to be just using 1 Team that after 100 clicks was more or less at 100%. I mean, I won't complain, I just think that wasn't the plan.

So I thought I might add my thoughts about changes, since I really would love to avoid the easy solution, that is ramp up the difficulty by raising the stats of the boss untill only few people can keep up with him, that's always kind of a downer.

I thought something along the line of needing a different team for every step while you can't reuse any girls from the previous steps. If we also get a slight upgrade in difficulty tiered by playerlevel, we could get more of a gaming experience.

il y a 21 minutes, SamRei a dit :

If we also get a slight upgrade in difficulty tiered by playerlevel, we could get more of a gaming experience.

That's already the case: the boss' level is your level, +1 level per fight (This means that difficulty increases faster for lower level players, from e.g. lvl 150 to 249, vs higher level players, from 450 to 549)

let's try to be constructive.

PROS: new girl, upgraded to a 5*. No real cost in getting her, with the only exception of the time needed to click 100 times.

CONS: boring as hell, no strategy or skill involved once you had setup the right team. Overlapping with too many other events (ok, it's february, it's the shortest yada yada yada)

Conclusion? better this BB than a kick in the teeth, I suppose. A free girl (even if drawn very poorly) and free affection is always nice. No resources to invest upon gettin her (at least for player 400+).  I must say, anyway, that 5*L girls are not that juicy anymore. there's already plenty of them, and with the scarcicity of main upgrade resources (books and gems), it will be more and more diffucult to upgrade (all of) them with a dimnishing return, since there's basically a new 6*M every month.

Suggestions? I don't know - I am not a game designer, but I had my experience in playing different games, and the only thing that matter is: players want to have fun.
This new event, the way it is, it's not fun at all. It will be "new notification" / "100 clicks" / "ignore the notification for the next 96 hours". It reminds me a lot of the ongoing PoV : players from a certain level up will complete the event in 5 minutes or less. But I think that KK should try to improve 2 aspects of this feature:

1) Gameplay. 100 pointless clicks is just nonsense. I think it would be better to implement a single button "fight until your team has 50% ego or less". So people that can oneshot the boss will do so, and people that need to use boosters/ upgrade a girl can do so as well. Also, a little bit more of teambuilding challenge would be fine - see the point below

2) Rewards. Again, I'm not complaining about free rewards. I just think that those rewards are not very appealing to a player in the early stages of the game (cannot beat the boss) - middle stages of the game (doesn't have the resource to upgrade the girl) - late stage of the game (it's just another unnecessary 5*L).  Maybe something that rewards players with what they want, but adds a little challenge to the feature?
Examples (just brainfar... ehm.. brainstorming here):

-if a player uses in their team only girls that are equal or bleow their level, the player will also have as reward the gems and the books needed to upgrade the BB girl to their level. And maybe have the cost of the resting halved? (a variation of this would help low level players a lot)

- If a player uses only NON mythic girls, they will have as reward 2 shard per chest of a random mythic girl (this would motivate high level players to have 5*L somehow competitive in order to get more powerful and useful girls)

Anyway - TLDR: as it is, it's basically an unuseful, boring feature. It has potential to be very interesting if KK wants to.

Edited by punj
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm level 415 on HH.com.  I made 5 voyeur teams, with 3 voyeur girls, and 4 of whatever strong girls I had.  I didn't use the team selector, b/c it has visual bugs, and I wouldn't trust it.  My 1st team had 3 lvl 612+ voyeurs, and 4 playful lvl 600s (blessed).  I only needed the 1st team.  My passive 7.3% healing was enough.  Didn't need any sensual girls.  I won 100 times in about 10 minutes.  After starting a fight, I'd press the Alt+Left Arrow keys, to quickly repeat.

neferkitty boss bang.png

The boss is weak, and doesn't get much stronger.  Even if I took 0.5% dmg, as long as I got a good crit in on the next fight, it healed all previous damage for about 11k. 

I read the boss starts at your level, and then gains 1 level per fight (lvl 415-515), but I noticed the stat increase was minimal, and barely noticeable.  After 100 fights, her stats increased a total of 29% at most.  Someone on the forums said it's for balance between strong and casual players.  I'm not complaining.  It's a free 5 star legendary, and a dominatrix one.

neferkitty boss bang stats.png

Her name is clever, "Neferkitty Breastet," like Nefertari Bastet.  It does its job of making me chuckle.  I appreciate her art.  I like the detail in her eyes, throne, and her adornments.  The clothing really looks like gold.  The blue and gold contrast nicely.  The scarabs, statues, and ankhs stand out.  Even her tail has 3 rings.  She's dark skinned, like an Egyptian Pharaoh would be.  The wiki says she's a parody of Ankha from Animal Crossing, but I think she looks more like Nitocris from Fate/Grand Order.  I just google image searched "egyptian catgirl anime."

Neferkitty Nitocris Ankha 2022-02-23_13-23-07.png

People are saying the 100 fights is tedious, as if 1000+ clicks for getting a mythic girl w/o spending kobans on 50 fights at a time, or selling a 1000 of your excess gear after using 200 GPx10s isn't even more tedious.  They could make it even more annoying, by making you fight 1000 times, and since there's almost no difficulty, it'd still be worth it.  There's no doubt that a 5 star is better than a 3 star.

It's the inception of a new feature, so it's not perfect, and I'll just gladly take the free 5 star legendary, knowing this will probably get harder in the future.  Thanks for the free waifu.

Edited by Ravi-Sama
Arranging images.
  • Like 3

After reading the thread and performing, I continue to think these features are designed for semi-casual players such as myself. 

This boss:

I did manage to "bang" the "boss" but up to my last battle I was unsure if I'd succeed (and subsequently wondered if it was worth 600koban to get the girl, as discussed prior).

After good % success my first two groups and reading how easy people said it was here, I did a throwaway group (whatever girls were top, no bonuses or anything) to try and finish.  This left me scrambling and somewhat lacking good girls for groups 4-5.

I did use 2 partial groups of sensual, following advice here, so thanks (and maybe help future people).

Overall:

I really like to see a feature that uses more than 7 girls (if it's not easy for you) as it expands the harem use, even in concept.  For me, I did need more than 7 and realized how shallow my roster was and gives motivation to continue to improve it.

I also like the scaling concept, that starts at your level then goes up; I hope it's balanced because it seems to be in my head.

I'm glad it's easy for those who had such a time and will take the girl.

For the record, I didn't find this any more boring than burning combativity for other events.

Also folks said 100 clicks for me, it was "bang", "skip", "ok" 100 times not counting losses (so 104 times) so 300 (312) clicks...I get what you mean but it's actually 3x worse than 100.  I think that itself could be improved, tho maybe that just bespeaks to any fight.

I tried to envision how I'd feel if you clicked bang and it did all the fighting without graphics or clicking until boss or your group was "tired" and then just give results...sort of like it, but would need to see it to be sure.  Less stress on the site I imagine, almost sure of that.

I also will save my reward and see if there's a contest it helps but I minorly feel you should just give the reward as you get it as that's the only benefit of waiting for the current rewards (yes PoV sometimes) and everyone (who succeeded) will be in the same boat so there's minor gains to waiting (weighed against forgetting to claim which I'm 100% sure does and will happen :P).

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, JollyOldSalt said:

Yeah, no. You need to spend real-world money to get the in-game money to progress the event.

Incorrect. Kobans can be saved daily until you have enough of them to complete an event (whichever event, but not all instances of all events, of course, unless you invest real money).

That said, I would suggest not using any kobans in the boss bang event. Just take whatever reward you have reached and leave it as is.

• Like 5

Many people say this event it's too easy, but the truth is that if you don't have a lot of high level girls, at minimum twice your level, it doesn't matter how you pick a team, you can forget about this event (get a girl). So for most players, this event is useless

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Hug 1

I haven't seen anybody saying it's too easy. What many people have said is that it's poorly balanced, it's either very easy (for high level players) or impossible (for lower level players) and then there's only some mid level players who need to think about what they do in order to finish it. Most players are at one extreme or the other.

• Like 3

I'm thinking CxH may be to early for this. in HH I did it with one team taking no damage at all. But there I'm level 448 with maxed out stats and 700 girls. This team was mostly commons at level 600 5 star. but on CxH I'm level 304 had 2 teams of 500 with 3 blue and 4 black all 3 star because there only only 4 5 stars total and there all legendary and I only have 109 girls total and I've been playing since the beta, and 1st team got 28 2nd got 22 then had no good blue or black left so just used strongest has for the last 3 ended with 65. So then just to see if first team would have still been good I payed the 600 to revive the first team and this time they only get 7. So I just don't think CxH is ready for this. There are not enough girls of good stats or 5 stars. I think they kind of understood this for PoV which is why on CxH its 30 days not 14 like HH. If anyone found this easy on CxH i'd be curious to know your girl layout and stats.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

On CxH it's imposible to finish it without being a big whale.

And its not even worth paying the 600 or I calculated it would have cost me 3000 to keep reusing my best team to get her because she was only a 3 star. so CxH very hard even for high level players for a 3 star and HH easy for meny high level players for 5 star. so ya balance seems a bit off.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2022 at 12:24 PM, Kenrae said:

I haven't seen anybody saying it's too easy. What many people have said is that it's poorly balanced, it's either very easy (for high level players) or impossible (for lower level players) and then there's only some mid level players who need to think about what they do in order to finish it. Most players are at one extreme or the other.

I don't know about the unbalanced part, since I'm high level non whale, and if you look at the chart how many teams I used and how much damage I got you would see this:

bang.thumb.jpg.b38c9f1a1e9a6946812a074b2f49bc18.jpg

Somebody said the thing adjusts to your player level, which is fine on paper, but since I'm level 500 I had plenty of time to upgrade quite a few girls and even if they are "only" level 600, it kind of makes this event completly me hitting one button 100 times. I guess someone will ask for a "Do 100 trys" button for 2 Kobans or something like that soon.

Now I'm not complaining about the difficulty since I never started playing this in search of a challenges anyway, but this seems like an event that needs some finetuning

22 minutes ago, SamRei said:

I don't know about the unbalanced part, since I'm high level non whale, and if you look at the chart how many teams I used and how much damage I got you would see this:

bang.thumb.jpg.b38c9f1a1e9a6946812a074b2f49bc18.jpg

Somebody said the thing adjusts to your player level, which is fine on paper, but since I'm level 500 I had plenty of time to upgrade quite a few girls and even if they are "only" level 600, it kind of makes this event completly me hitting one button 100 times. I guess someone will ask for a "Do 100 trys" button for 2 Kobans or something like that soon.

Now I'm not complaining about the difficulty since I never started playing this in search of a challenges anyway, but this seems like an event that needs some finetuning

People already asked for like a 10 times option so people already want it easier than it's now when they just need to click 100 times if high level.

It was much more difficult for me this time!  Last time Lenaelle took care of all the fights by herself, and I ended with 100%.  This time Mother Angel could not quite accomplish that task and needed a few assists from Matcha, and, I ended with 100%.

• Haha 1

This was as easy as last time for me (currently level 461). First team had 2 sensual girls to give a touch of healing reassurance during the combats. The Mother Angel 1st team differed a bit from my 2nd-5th teams makeup just in case things were dramically different but my nightmare scenario never showed up. I passed my info on to a level 364 clubmate who also saw few difficulties in obtaining the girl (he never went to team 2).

Startet with my team of 2 sensual, 2 dominatrix and 3 eccentric girls. All at lvl 650, I at lvl 475 and boosted with my default setting (Ginseng, Chlorella, Cordycep). Only at the 95th attack I had not 100% Girlpower (only 96,5%), the following battles ended with 100% again.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bolitho76 said:

Startet with my team of 2 sensual, 2 dominatrix and 3 eccentric girls. All at lvl 650, I at lvl 475 and boosted with my default setting (Ginseng, Chlorella, Cordycep). Only at the 95th attack I had not 100% Girlpower (only 96,5%), the following battles ended with 100% again.

Thank you for reminding me that I should get some boosters.

• Haha 1