Toughest players in PvP

Rarum

This thread is for trying to keep track of how tough top Dicktator III players are in PvP. My efforts to this effect could be of general interest, hence this thread, but of course there are no clear-cut answers, so I encourage discussion about it, too.

The following is the very first ranking I produced about Nutaku's top players, and more up-to-date ones can be found later in the thread.

I tried to produce a ranking of whom I think are The Roughest Toughest Fighters in the Land at the moment (only data after awakenings were introduced is used in the evaluation). Take it with a grain of salt; rarely there are direct confrontations between these people (and even if there are, I might not have the data of it). I also have indirect evidence for D3 first places on leagues that weren't directly observed.

1. Lgm123. Reasoning: 4/4 D3 most recent victories, highest recorded average during the observation period, on all three weeks I have data for has gotten the highest average. Also, while not strictly evidence for PvP success, tied with Hugh Jerexion for highest Pantheon floor.
  2. La Kajira. Reasoning: 4/4 D3 most recent victories. Gets second place on both "expected score" and "highest personal score" rankings. The only weeks where somebody has gotten a higher score have been from Lgm123 (twice) and karistea (once), and the highest once.
  3. RedEagle (very little data). Reasoning: 3/4 D3 most recent victories. The only week I have data for them, they have the highest average. Highest expected score ranking and third highest personal best score.
  4. SJL996 (very little data). Reasoning: 4/4 D3 most recent victories. The only week I have data for them, only La Kajira and karistea got a better average, and was followed by people like sliqguy and bla. The third best expected score.
  5. sliqguy. Reasoning: 4/4 D3 most recent victories. Sixth on the "expected score" ranking and fourth on the "highest personal score" ranking. Beat people like bla and Hugh Jerexion in average on one week, lost to karistea and bla on another.
  6. karistea. Reasoning: 4/4 D3 most recent victories. Fifth on the "expected score" ranking and fifth on the "higherst personal score" ranking. On one week, had the best average, but on another Thulsa Doom had a higher one.
  7. Thulsa Doom. Reasoning: 3/4 D3 most recent victories. Third highest average on one week and second highest on another. Fares okay in predicted score.
  8. Hugh Jerexion. Reasoning: 3/4 D3 most recent victories. While seems to possess a lot of raw power as evidenced by the tie in highest Pantheon floor, has fared not that well in weekly rankings or estimated score ranking (11th).
  9. bla. Reasoning: 2/4 D3 most recent victories. 8th in expected score. On some weeks seems to score well and on others not so well.
  10. Rarum. Reasoning: 2/4 D3 most recent victories. Only 13th on the expected score front, but has beaten Hugh Jerexion, and gotten mostly higher weekly averages than other candidates I had for the tenth place. There are other people who have gotten 3/4 D3 most recent victories, but their expected averages are even worse.
Edited by Rarum
The thread has evolved past being only about Nutaku.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rarum said:

I tried to produce a ranking of whom I think are The Roughest Toughest Fighters in the Land at the moment (only data after awakenings were introduced is used in the evaluation). Take it with a grain of salt; rarely there are direct confrontations between these people (and even if there are, I might not have the data of it). I also have indirect evidence for D3 first places on leagues that weren't directly observed.

1. Lgm123. Reasoning: 4/4 D3 most recent victories, highest recorded average during the observation period, on all three weeks I have data for has gotten the highest average. Also, while not strictly evidence for PvP success, tied with Hugh Jerexion for highest Pantheon floor.
  2. La Kajira. Reasoning: 4/4 D3 most recent victories. Gets second place on both "expected score" and "highest personal score" rankings. The only weeks where somebody has gotten a higher score have been from Lgm123 (twice) and karistea (once), and the highest once.
  3. RedEagle (very little data). Reasoning: 3/4 D3 most recent victories. The only week I have data for them, they have the highest average. Highest expected score ranking and third highest personal best score.
  4. SJL996 (very little data). Reasoning: 4/4 D3 most recent victories. The only week I have data for them, only La Kajira and karistea got a better average, and was followed by people like sliqguy and bla. The third best expected score.
  5. sliqguy. Reasoning: 4/4 D3 most recent victories. Sixth on the "expected score" ranking and fourth on the "highest personal score" ranking. Beat people like bla and Hugh Jerexion in average on one week, lost to karistea and bla on another.
  6. karistea. Reasoning: 4/4 D3 most recent victories. Fifth on the "expected score" ranking and fifth on the "higherst personal score" ranking. On one week, had the best average, but on another Thulsa Doom had a higher one.
  7. Thulsa Doom. Reasoning: 3/4 D3 most recent victories. Third highest average on one week and second highest on another. Fares okay in predicted score.
  8. Hugh Jerexion. Reasoning: 3/4 D3 most recent victories. While seems to possess a lot of raw power as evidenced by the tie in highest Pantheon floor, has fared not that well in weekly rankings or estimated score ranking (11th).
  9. bla. Reasoning: 2/4 D3 most recent victories. 8th in expected score. On some weeks seems to score well and on others not so well.
  10. Rarum. Reasoning: 2/4 D3 most recent victories. Only 13th on the expected score front, but has beaten Hugh Jerexion, and gotten mostly higher weekly averages than other candidates I had for the tenth place. There are other people who have gotten 3/4 D3 most recent victories, but their expected averages are even worse.

that was a nice read, well done. I havent fought redeagle for a long while, but seeing them that high is probably the biggest surprise for me. Everybody else makes a lot of sense, a lot of 750 mythic teams and using AME on a regularly basis. Also, still shocked how @La Kajirabeat me the other week. Thanks for the reminder that I wanted to talk to her on discord.

I probably wouldnt go all out against most of the players, just because it's not worth it. I would definitley fight la kaijra again, also hugh and you. Against thulsa, redeagle and slig I would decide on some contextual factors, maybe I would start with one AME and see how good my tracked data is - if we had about the same stats.

edit: lost, btw., against la kajira and lgm; this week i might lose again, at least you wont see a high expected score from me, you might surpass me soon. :D

Edited by blaa

I definitely would like to get my hands on more data for RedEagle. They pretty much must be in the top 10 even if we assume they just got a very weak bracket in that one data point there is. Getting three top 1s out of four "can't" be pure coincidence. But the positioning within the top 10 is quite up in the air still. Maybe a bit more conservative move would have been to at least put them below SJL.

I have been thinking of doing this again sometime. The rate of gathering data has increased but there are a lot of gaps in leagues I know the scores for still. So it'll be a few weeks before it makes sense to do another one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rarum said:

Nicely done.

Out of curiosity, what has been the highest (observed) average so far. With AM or without? 

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jerexion said:

Nicely done.

Out of curiosity, what has been the highest (observed) average so far. With AM or without? 

you probably mean with and without AM? Otherwise this wouldnt make much sense?

let's see that if we meet next time, only one of us is using AME. :D

25 minutes ago, Hugh Jerexion said:

Nicely done.

On a league ending on 13th of January 2022, Lgm123 reached an average of 24.32 with 7443 points. That's the record average currently, if we discount the 15/25 system scores.

With the 15/25 system, the highest I have records of is 24.387 by MNEFC on the league ending on 5th of August 2021. Another high one was 24.387 by Agent009, also on 5th of August 2021. But it's not really saying much since that system was so short-lived and data gathering wasn't that large-scale back then, that I have four data points in total from it.

We don't know who used AMEs in which leagues. It doesn't show up in the player stats, which themselves aren't kept records of.

Ah! But we do know for sure that AMEs weren't used before they were introduced. For those scores, discounting the 15/25 system, sliqguy holds the high score of the records I have, with an average of 23.217 (at 7174 points). It was scored on 3rd of June 2021.

Edited by Rarum
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Il y a 2 heures, Rarum a dit :

Ah! But we do know for sure that AMEs weren't used before they were introduced. For those scores, discounting the 15/25 system, sliqguy holds the high score of the records I have, with an average of 23.217 (at 7174 points). It was scored on 3rd of June 2021.

At that time, players also had 4 Legendary boosters instead of 3

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rarum said:

On a league ending on 13th of January 2022, Lgm123 reached an average of 24.32 with 7443 points. That's the record average currently, if we discount the 15/25 system scores.

With the 15/25 system, the highest I have records of is 24.387 by MNEFC on the league ending on 5th of August 2021. Another high one was 24.387 by Agent009, also on 5th of August 2021. But it's not really saying much since that system was so short-lived and data gathering wasn't that large-scale back then, that I have four data points in total from it.

We don't know who used AMEs in which leagues. It doesn't show up in the player stats, which themselves aren't kept records of.

if we take the 15/25 system into account, there are some people with an average of 25. If we take some other weeks into account, there are people with even 26 or higher (no punishment for the cheaters, so we should consider it as a "normal" week, right?)

• Haha 4

Everything´s nice and tidy now ...let the discussion begin :D

Since I seem to have missed all of the discussion when it took place..let me add something: I do feel like there are a lot of players that acutally could make that Top 10 list..but them taking it slow the last few weeks or so is the reason why they´re not up there f.e. @zoopokemon or thegilder ...are easily a competition to players like @blaa :P ;)

• Like 2

Some findings from the league brackets that ended on 17th of February 2022:

• Rarum (23.84) won against Keiya black (23.57) and Suga’babe (23.50).
  • Angeline (23.48) won against freewhynot (23.02) and Dhard (22.55).
  • bla (23.49) won against Neowarden (23.44) and Braldu (23.37).
  • Hugh Jerexion (24.29) won against pwned0987 and ThanatosX. This new score is bound to increase their ranking, I'd say. It's a bit questionable still how much weight should be put on that, though. RedEagle was placed high up for having their one data point very high, but that decision was called into question. Consistency is also going to be a big factor.

That week changed the best known averages past awakenings by player into the following

1. Lgm123         24.32
2. La Kajira      24.29
3. Hugh Jerexion  24.29
4. RedEagle       24.26
5. sliqguy        24.26
6. karistea       24.21

Edited by Rarum
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Rarum said:

Some findings from the league brackets that ended on 17th of February 2022:

• Rarum (23.84) won against Keiya black (23.57) and Suga’babe (23.50).
  • Angeline (23.48) won against freewhynot (23.02) and Dhard (22.55).
  • bla (23.49) won against Neowarden (23.44) and Braldu (23.37).
  • Hugh Jerexion (24.29) won against pwned0987 and ThanatosX. This new score is bound to increase their ranking, I'd say. It's a bit questionable still how much weight should be put on that, though. RedEagle was placed high up for having their one data point very high, but that decision was called into question. Consistency is also going to be a big factor.

That week changed the best known averages past awakenings by player into the following

1. Lgm123         24.32
2. La Kajira      24.29
3. Hugh Jerexion  24.29
4. RedEagle       24.26
5. sliqguy        24.26
6. karistea       24.21

Idk if it´s just me but I´m pretty sure some of those guys/girls f.e. @La Kajira or @Hugh Jerexion should have better "highscores" maybe they´d like to share some info on this with us ^^... I know f.e. that some of our buddys   @Ol Sheriff Joe @Slynia and @E. N. D. should have higher "high scores"  (though they are/were all hh.com players ^^ so it´s not really of significance to this topic and I know that @blaa would also argue that  those scores aren´t  comparable but still I do think that it´s nice to have a little bit of comparison :) )

• Like 2

sure, i would love to have some more insights on how people play; if there are, people mostly dont share the one strategy that divides from optimal optimasation and only very good optimasation. In most cases you dont need that though.

The problem in average score is that it doesnt tell you how strong your league actual was. Just for comparison. The last week i got an 23,49 average (no AME). The week before i got 23,86 (no AME) and the week before i got 24,08 with 3 AME. Ironically i lost the week with 24,08, cause i had to fight a top2 player. That also means, secondly, taking into account the league wins is also problematic on some level. I only won 3/5 of my last leagues, but both losses were against top2 players (LGM, kajira).

What you cant track but should also take into account is how strong a league was (i think HH players are also strong, but their leagues are usually less tough than nutaku leagues, just look how you are not able to get a win over on nutaku @holymolly) and how many kobans someone actually made, i.e. league prize minus boosters/refills. So, I am pretty sure when I lost against LGM it was a good decision to do no/almost none (i cant remember) refills/using no AME cause there was no chance of winning, but regarding nubans I might have been made more profit than LGM who used 3 AME + a lot of refills. 

But, agreed, both factors might not be too relevant who the toughest player is, but, all I am saying, it's not all about toughness =D. There are other regards which makes a player a good player. The tiers would seem different if you take more into account, I am sure about that.

I would love to share some tactics/strategies, but, I am afraid, all I do is very well known.

edit: but, yeah, the ranking is (more or less) accurate cause i probably couldnt win against one of these players above me most of the times (or at least if they would put the same effort (or even more) as me into their league).

Edited by blaa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, blaa said:

sure, i would love to have some more insights on how people play; if there are, people mostly dont share the one strategy that divides from optimal optimasation and only very good optimasation. In most cases you dont need that though.

The problem in average score is that it doesnt tell you how strong your league actual was. Just for comparison. The last week i got an 23,49 average (no AME). The week before i got 23,86 (no AME) and the week before i got 24,08 with 3 AME. Ironically i lost the week with 24,08, cause i had to fight a top2 player. That also means, secondly, taking into account the league wins is also problematic on some level. I only won 3/5 of my last leagues, but both losses were against top2 players (LGM, kajira).

What you cant track but should also take into account is how strong a league was (i think HH players are also strong, but their leagues are usually less tough than nutaku leagues, just look how you are not able to get a win over on nutaku @holymolly) and how many kobans someone actually made, i.e. league prize minus boosters/refills. So, I am pretty sure when I lost against LGM it was a good decision to do no/almost none (i cant remember) refills/using no AME cause there was no chance of winning, but regarding nubans I might have been made more profit than LGM who used 3 AME + a lot of refills. 

But, agreed, both factors might not be too relevant who the toughest player is, but, all I am saying, it's not all about toughness =D. There are other regards which makes a player a good player. The tiers would seem different if you take more into account, I am sure about that.

I would love to share some tactics/strategies, but, I am afraid, all I do is very well known.

edit: but, yeah, the ranking is (more or less) accurate cause i probably couldnt win against one of these players above me most of the times (or at least if they would put the same effort (or even more) as me into their league).

true but let me make it clear for you if you didn´t know that already: I´m not looking to get wins on nutaku :D .. I don´t even care about snapshots over there(heck I even don´t care that much about snapshots on hh.com I f.e. never get the 1st snapshot in the morning(CET time) just because I regularly sleep through that one and I wouldn´t bother waking up for it.. I also drop boosters like 4 times a week :D) . Playing 2 leagues a week is already time consuming all I do on nutaku is going for top 15 and sneak in an occasional top4 spot (If I wanted to I could probably win a league on nutaku as well (that obviously depends on the opponents but still.. it´s not that much of a difference as you might assume imho(I have millions of affection I didn´t use and a lot of xp I also but cba.. I don´t even use cordys over there .. just ginseng and chorellas (that´s how low my league effort is over there ^^)

Even on hh.com.. I always look on the net kobans I make.. if a possible 1st would result in me losing kobans if I get 2nd I don´t go for the first place..some top pvp players (like you f.e. @blaa regularly take that risk just for the placement (well you obviously don´t have to look out for your kobans but still 🤣) )

And yes doing tiers instead of a ranking would be a great idea :D

9 hours ago, holymolly said:

I do think that it´s nice to have a little bit of comparison :)

Hello here, 

17/02/22: 24.46 ( VS  Tib) 3 AM

10/02/222: 24.51 ( VS  Joe and Moddy) 3 AM

03/02/22:  24.5 (  VS Lemus and Quistis) 3 AM

27/01/22: 24.46 ( VS Jelom and Wong7lee) 3 AM

20/01/22: 24.29 ( VS Sovereign) 3 AM

13/01/22: 24.31 ( VS Scarlet-Titan) 3 AM

06/01/22: 7373 points (VS Lemus) I don't have a global screenshot but it was my hardest league  3 AM

30/12/21: 24.25 (VS Yayane) 3 AM

23/12/21: 24.32 (VS Mago) 3 AM

16/12/21: 24.36 (VS FrostBurnl and Dmitri) 3 AM

9/12/21: 24.18(VS Govenants and Zaknafein ) 1.2AM

2/12/21: 24.62 (VS Tom, La source,Mez) 3AM

Have a nice day :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, holymolly said:

true but let me make it clear for you if you didn´t know that already: I´m not looking to get wins on nutaku :D .. I don´t even care about snapshots over there(heck I even don´t care that much about snapshots on hh.com I f.e. never get the 1st snapshot in the morning(CET time) just because I regularly sleep through that one and I wouldn´t bother waking up for it.. I also drop boosters like 4 times a week :D) . Playing 2 leagues a week is already time consuming all I do on nutaku is going for top 15 and sneak in an occasional top4 spot (If I wanted to I could probably win a league on nutaku as well (that obviously depends on the opponents but still.. it´s not that much of a difference as you might assume imho(I have millions of affection I didn´t use and a lot of xp I also but cba.. I don´t even use cordys over there .. just ginseng and chorellas (that´s how low my league effort is over there ^^)

Even on hh.com.. I always look on the net kobans I make.. if a possible 1st would result in me losing kobans if I get 2nd I don´t go for the first place..some top pvp players (like you f.e. @blaa regularly take that risk just for the placement (well you obviously don´t have to look out for your kobans but still 🤣) )

And yes doing tiers instead of a ranking would be a great idea :D

yeah, i know. And honestly, it doesnt matter if HH or nutaku is weaker or stronger; you have to deal with what you get, right?

About taking the risk: In my case it's risk taking in both direction: Sometimes I use 3 AMEs even I might lose in the end, just to get a good placement/beat someone 'special', but sometimes I dont take an AME to maximize koban wins, like last week - and i nearly lost against neowarden who made a big step in their average (last track was around 22,9, now they got 23,4x). And also, of course, in between: Could be one AME enough to get first, but zero is too less, etc. pp.

You can easily see, there are different factors (many more to the already mentioned) determining how i actually play a league, but, what I can say at least about my play style, it's always risky, in both ways: maximizing koban rewards and getting best placement.

looking at @E. N. D. s result, i feel like he's supporting one of my points: nutaku leagues are stronger in average, so it's harder to score such an average (or getting first places).

You probably have a 750 mythic team and a lot of 5* upgraded very high, i guess?

• Like 1

Il y a 3 heures, blaa a dit :

looking at @E. N. D. s result, i feel like he's supporting one of my points: nutaku leagues are stronger in average, so it's harder to score such an average (or getting first places).

You probably have a 750 mythic team and a lot of 5* upgraded very high, i guess?

E.N.D is arguably the best player on HH.com nowadays* - don't consider his insane averages as anything 'regular' in these leagues, though - he's just way over most other players... Very few players, even on HH, do averages around 24,5 every week (Maybe Phoenix and his insane 750 lvl teams, or GrandPriest...) 

The difference in averages can also be in (a very small?) part due to the fact that i think there's more D3 leagues in HH than in Nutaku... hence the higher concentration of sharks in each pools in the latter...

*: (as these things have a tendency to change with time)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Ol Sheriff Joe said:

E.N.D is arguably the best player on HH.com nowadays* - don't consider his insane averages as anything 'regular' in these leagues, though - he's just way over most other players... Very few players, even on HH, do averages around 24,5 every week (Maybe Phoenix and his insane 750 lvl teams, or GrandPriest...) 

The difference in averages can also be in (a very small?) part due to the fact that i think there's more D3 leagues in HH than in Nutaku... hence the higher concentration of sharks in each pools in the latter...

*: (as these things have a tendency to change with time)

i see, my point could be interpreted that I wanted to devalue the results of you guys over on the 2nd server. That would be a misinterpretation though. My point is only, that HH leagues are weaker. And, yes, what you said is also one point of the explanation, i guess. More leagues, more potential to have softer leagues, agreed. This would still mean, that the perecentage of 'sharks' would be higher on nutaku though, cause that's not a question of quantity, but quality. Anyway, I agree, there a plenty of explanations (which would still assume that my claim is accepted/shared).

I also do acknowledge that you, @E.N.D, always had some special tactics and were always eager to release your full potential. Still, i am not convinced yet, that I should back down from my claim. Just two comparisions: First, my best average was, 24,08 - that's around 150 points less. Hard to believe, that's just tactics. Second: Even if you say, I am not a good reference point (cause my play is to weak) and you hence take the best average we tracked so far on nutaku, that's still 80 points. That can only be explained, IMO, by a weaker league overall. But, ofc, I would love to get convinced otherwise. Share these tactics! :D

Edited by blaa
  • Like 1

Another point that has a lot of importance:
Your score in a league is not entirely framed by the other top players you're confronted with... Of course, another high scorer will cost you 10 points in the league, where a softer contender would have offered you more points. But, your final score is the total of your performances, and you can very well have a much higher average by simply scoring better against the weaker part of your league. And i think that it's in that part of the league (the 'power average' of your adversaries), that the most significant difference is made between a good player and a great one
Simply put: who's fishing the most 25s?... (*and that's not against the 500ths of the top that this game will happen*^^)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, blaa said:

What you cant track but should also take into account is how strong a league was

I would of course like to have a good methodology for giving a number to how strong leagues are, and being able to normalize results with that. But I'm afraid anything I could come up would be flawed somehow. It might just be skewing results instead of being useful.

One of the metrics that I've not yet been really using, is who beat whom in individual league brackets. I'm thinking that might be pretty telling of how they should rank against each other. But of course this creates the possibility of contradictions. Let's say on some occasion, Rock beat Scissors and Scissors beat Paper. But on one week, Paper beat Rock. How should we rank these players? It's not obvious from just that.

But even getting to use that metric requires data from those leagues where the matches happened. And there are limits to what data is made available to me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jelom said:

Boys, there are excellent players in both sides, you don't have to measure or justify which side is better/harder/stronger/etc.

yeah, agreed, excellent players on both sides. Nobody - or at least i didnt - claimed something different. I just described (and gave reasons for) a difference between the two servers. So 'weaker' players only means less girl power in average in a league, hence a) higher averages for 'strong' players but also b) more top1s with 'lower' averages and c)... d)...

On 2/20/2022 at 2:16 AM, holymolly said:

I know f.e. that some of our buddys   @Ol Sheriff Joe @Slynia and @E. N. D. should have higher "high scores" 

Might be that it's easier to score high on hh sure, after all, 24.32 average that Lgm123 seems to have scored was something I used to be above unless it was a terrible blessing week ^^

My all time highest was 24.94. (Yes that was when we could only get 25/15 points where I scored two 15s 🤣)

Edit: That score was achieved here: >Click me<

Edited by Slynia
  • Like 1

Le 21/02/2022 à 22:31, Slynia a dit :

Might be that it's easier to score high on hh sure, after all, 24.32 average that Lgm123 seems to have scored was something I used to be above unless it was a terrible blessing week ^^

My all time highest was 24.94. (Yes that was when we could only get 25/15 points where I scored two 15s 🤣)

Edit: That score was achieved here: >Click me<

Well... you can't really count that one... I finished with a straight 25 average that week 😂

1 hour ago, Ol Sheriff Joe said:

Well... you can't really count that one... I finished with a straight 25 average that week 😂

Wait, you got higher than me? 🤨 Yeah you're right, we can't count that one.

My actual highest since elements was implemented was 24.69

• Haha 5

• Rarum changed the title to Toughest players in PvP