Toughest players in PvP

Rarum

2 hours ago, JustVisitingReborn said:

Yeah I play under a different name. I've been keeping it close to my chest

Even though your screenshots (I think there's just one thus far) in the League Addicts Anonymous thread are careful not to divulge a lot of information, they still could have been enough for someone determined to identify your in-game nickname. Heh. It's difficult to hide things from me when it comes to leagues. But you saved me the trouble of tracking you down for the sport of it.

3 hours ago, JustVisitingReborn said:

I'm happy to provide what I can if you can tell me what would be useful

I just don't feel this is the place to coordinate this. It's not very demanding at all, but of course the quality of the data requires it to be from near the end of the league.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rarum said:

Even though your screenshots (I think there's just one thus far) in the League Addicts Anonymous thread are careful not to divulge a lot of information, they still could have been enough for someone determined to identify your in-game nickname. Heh. It's difficult to hide things from me when it comes to leagues. But you saved me the trouble of tracking you down for the sport of it.

Yeah - I was also aware of that. The moment I turn up in a bracket that another poster is in, that poster could identify from the screenshot their own bracket and look to work out who I was. As I said, I knew that sooner of later that would have to end. The posters here have shared with me, it seems unsportsmanly ultimately to be withholding with them once we're all getting onto the same broad playing field.

8 hours ago, Rarum said:

I just don't feel this is the place to coordinate this. It's not very demanding at all, but of course the quality of the data requires it to be from near the end of the league.

My job allows me to be on at the end of the league.

I think my discord username is rrr - if you send details there I'll try and work the system out.

• Like 4

In any case, I've stopped being paranoid about sharing "trade secrets" and supposedly shooting myself in the foot by helping my opponents improve that way.

Those who even read (let alone understand, check, and maybe adjust their own strategy accordingly) what we League Addicts post in our fairly limited circle either already know whatever I "reveal", would have figured it out eventually anyway, or possibly even have more nuances and tips and tricks of their own to share in return. And that's very interesting, motivating, and fun to me.

Those who don't know are very unlikely to pick up on it, let alone understand, check and maybe implement whatever advanced tactics we share on the forum. So it's a very small and only potential trade-off for a big part of the fun of being a League Addict and sharing this passion with my peers.

I mean, considering all the info already available out there, and all the basic questions I still routinely answer, and core mechanics and other routine things I regularly have to explain on the forum, on Discord, or in my club chat (and not just to new players, mind you, often to players who could on paper be way ahead of me by now just due to how long their accounts have been active)... I'm not worried. I very recently had to explain to a bunch of high-level players that Classes are no longer a thing except versus Champions, or that Element "counters" don't work on an individual girl basis, but only for teams with one or more Elemental Color Tag, so... ^^

Edit: And I myself improved tremendously as a player over the years thanks to many fellow League Addicts sharing tips and tricks and letting me pick up ideas from them, and bounce back ideas off of them. It's only natural for me to return the favor to the next generation, and beyond. B|

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 5

• On 3/3, bla beat HenNaYatsu, Shad0w came in third.
  • On 3/3, Thulsa Doom came in third after SJL996 and fapfaper
  • On 10/3, bla beat Shad0w again.
  • Unlike the rumors had lead me to believe before, Hugh's not quit the game, but it's hard to justify giving him a spot back currently. He gave 45026831 a victory on 10/3. That can't really be counted against Hugh, but regardless I'm waiting on more evidence that he's properly competing still.

All of the top 8 got a victory on 3/3, and I'm waiting on 10/3 victory data still. I don't have evidence to change anyone's position in those spots.

My current ranking is as follows:

1. Lgm123
  2. La Kajira
  3. SJL996
  4. karistea
  5. RedEagle
  6. sliqguy
  7. Rarum
  8. bla (goes up a spot due to a direct victory against HenNaYatsu)
  9. HenNaYatsu
  10. sygfried01 (Thulsa Doom is dropped due to a mediocre performance on 3/3, and because the next-in-line candidate sygfried01 won on 3/3.)
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Due to me unlocking level 700 for my girls, I'm upgrading my rank to be past RedEagle and sliqguy whom I've already beaten but decided to not at that point in time put myself above them.

• On 17/3, karistea beat HenNaYatsu. The averages were 24.24 and 23.79 respectively. That isn't a very convincing score from HenNa and while I'm seeing better ones, they seem to have been in weak leagues.
  • On 24/3, bla beat sliqguy
  • On 17/3, Lgm123 beat La Kajira with flying colors. This (although it seems to indicate La Kajira was going for top 4), along with SJL996 achieving an average of 24.34 makes me think they should switch places in the ranking.
  • On 17/3, SJL996 won against sygfried01. Sygfried's average was 24.09, while SJL's was the record-breaking (post-awakening) 24.34. Keeping in mind SJL is the second most powerful player, I think sygfried is showing enough strength here that they should go above HenNaYatsu.

Also, I think bla has shown being more consistent at top 1s than RedEagle while being able to score well when the situation calls for it, so these two swap places.

Based on these findings, I'm going to update the toughest players in PvP ranking to the following:

1. Lgm123
  2. SJL996
  3. La Kajira
  4. karistea
  5. Rarum
  6. bla
  7. RedEagle
  8. sliqguy
  9. sygfried01
  10. Either HenNaYatsu or Hugh

I'd like to give a more definitive 10th place, but I'm not really witnessing any really telling leagues from either HenNaYatsu or Hugh about how they should rank.

• 2 weeks later...

These two weeks have brought about some very significant developments for the rankings:

• On March 31st, Rarum beat bla. It was a very close one, too, so while normally I'd put the victor above the defeated, I've understood bla is able to get their girls to level 750 at a moment's notice, so another victory by me against bla might not be in the cards unless the blessings are disadvantageous for bla
  • On 31/3, karistea won against RedEagle. No surprise there, but by how much is of significance: karistea got 24.12 and RedEagle got 23.4.
  • On 7/4, Shado won against karistea and RedEagle. A real surprise win, since karistea was highly ranked and Shado wasn't even in the top 10. Here RedEagle did a little bit better but still not all that great: 23.68. Shado got 24.03 and karistea got 23.8.
  • On 7/4, bla won against sygfried01, La Kajira and SJL996.

The last bracket especially shakes things up quite a lot, so let's dissect it a bit further:

Name Level Score Average
bla 499 7453 24.36
sygfried01 500 7437 24.3
La Kajira 497 7386 24.14
SJL996 500 7380 24.12

First of all, the expected winner, SJL996, came in fourth. Word of mouth says SJL "made a mistake in the beginning and wont try hard this week, but still 3 AME and only one window to be unboosted". So, I'll excuse it somewhat, but even still bla got the highest recorded average yet in a league that was very difficult. Not only the top 4, but top 15 also looked quite tough. So, even if SJL was fighting their best, I'm not sure they'd have won regardless.

I would say that I've been underestimating bla in some previous rankings where I still had level 650 girls while bla had level 700s. So with this new record average, they jump in front of me and I'd say karistea and La Kajira as well. Maybe not SJL still; I don't think bla has the variety in their battle teams yet to win consistently against some of the consistently super tough players. Also I'd note that while certainly an impressive average by bla, it was also based on a bit of a gambit to my understanding. Regardless, it's clear bla's strategic and tactical skills are also very high aside from just the raw strength.

But another surprise was sygfried01. They used to rank really low, but now got a superb score. I'd be a bit careful about giving them too many rank ups because they've not yet shown consistency, but it'll be interesting to see if they continue doing well in the league.

Judging from this week where I'm up against La Kajira and she only has a level 700 team, I'd actually predict myself as the winner. We'll see if I regret this, but proactively I'm going to advance myself past La Kajira, actually, and by extension karistea, who also had another reason of dropping in ranking because of the loss against Shado. Furthermore La Kajira has demonstrated the ability to get really high scores before, but I've not seen any notable ones in a fair bit. Even if her scores are consistently high, they don't tend to be in the >=24.2 range high.

With a lot of consideration, I'm updating the ranking to the following:

1. Lgm123 (still on a winning streak that's lasted the entirety of time I've had information on all D3 winners, so from 20/1/2022 at least)
  2. SJL996
  3. bla
  4. Rarum
  5. La Kajira
  6. karistea
  7. sygfried01
  8. sliqguy

And honestly I'm for now going to delete two ranks altogether since I don't think it's very doable to rank these. I see inconsistently good plays and sometimes good win streaks but no idea if they are against any decent players or not. RedEagle also gets dropped because of this, and even without that they've been doing so poorly recently that I'm not sure they are fitting in a top 10. I suppose instead I'll give you:

Honorable mentions

Based on demonstrated power and win rate, but not in any particular order.

• HenNaYatsu (recent top 1s: 7/4, 31/3, 24/3, 10/3)
  • Hugh (recent top 1s: 7/4, 31/3, 24/3, 17/3)
  • RedEagle (recent top 1s: 24/3, 17/3, 3/3)
  • Shad0w (recent top 1s: 31/3, 24/3, 17/3)
  • Shado (recent top 1s: 7/4, 10/3)
  • Thulsa Doom (recent top 1s: 7/4, 31/3, 24/3, 17/3, 10/3)
  • Like 3
  • Hearts 1

• 4 weeks later...

News about known potentially notable league happenings:

• On 14th of April, La Kajira won against Rarum, at a very small margin (24.31 vs. 24.28) but still. Of some note was zoopokemon getting a decent score of 23.87.
  • On 14th of April, sygfried01 broke the record average, with 24.41. It is to be noted that this happened in quite the weak bracket; the next best average in it was 22.47, for some amount of context.
  • On 14th of April, Lgm123 won against Shado with 24.29 vs. 23.82.
  • On 21st of April, Hugh won against Shado with 24.06 vs. 23.44, with zoopokemon as third with 23.3.
  • On 21st of April, Rarum won against sliqguy with 24.21 vs. 23.94.
  • On 21st of April, bla won against RedEagle with 24.03 vs. 23.96.
  • On 28th of April, phyzel won against zoopokemon with 23.94 vs. 23.62.
  • On 28th of April, karistea won against RedEagle with 24.22 vs. 23.79.
  • On 28th of April, bla (24.06) won against sygfried01 (23.95), Thulsa Doom (23.94) and Hugh (23.88).

I'd mostly put La Kajira back above me like I promised due to my loss. Otherwise I'm not really seeing weighty reasons to change the rankings yet. I could consider moving sygfried01 above karistea since sygfried's losses seemed to be in really tough brackets but eh, I can wait for more evidence. I'll try and consider if there's sufficient reason to reopen more spots in the ranking next time, too.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe a ranking is a bit of a futile effort. I'm wondering if this should be made into more of a league news thread? Something that's more succinct than the LAA one.

Some shenanigans involving some of Nutaku's toughest players but probably not all of them since there are always brackets that are outside my knowledge.

• On 5th of May, bla won against RedEagle with 24.09 vs. 23.83
  • On 5th of May, Hugh won against zoopokemon with 24.17 vs. 23.81
  • On 12th of May, sliqguy won against bla. I hear the low score of 23.09 from bla was due to saving AME charges after realizing they had lost
  • On 12th of May, RedEagle won with 24.21 versus Hugh at 24.05 and Rarum at 23.9. A really bad set of blessings on my part, but regardless this further proves these once ranked players still have relevance.
  • On 12th of May, La Kajira won against Shad0w with 24.09 vs. 23.82
  • On 12th of May, Shado won against Thulsa Doom with an average of 24.2. I don't know Thulsa's final average.
  • And finally, big news: sygfried01 broke Lgm123's long-held winning streak with a draw on 12th of May; the game designating sygfried01 as the winner of that draw. The average for both of them was 24.09.

And for fun's sake and to celebrate that there are new faces and not only the same old ones week after week at the top, maybe let's add some kind of a newcomer section. Unfortunately it's unlikely I'll be able to give them for the just ended league. For this first one, I'm picking some arbitrary point where I start the listing.

• Khole got a string of not one, not two, but three victories as their entry into the list of players with D3 firsts, on 10th of March
  • 45026831 got their first first on 10th of March. Good to see you.
  • On 24th of March, bropeppo at level 467. Congratulations on your first D3 victory.
  • Geust26 got their first first on 24th of March
  • On 31st of March, B4Love reached the top of their bracket for the first time
  • A bit of an older player, Gran, got their first victory at level 489 on 14th of April.
  • On 21st of April, Feuerfaust at level 445. An impressive accomplishment; I don't think anyone else has done it at such a low level in 2022.
  • On 28th of April, jj55 joined the prestigious ranks of D3 winners
  • ovanossar got their first D3 victory on 28th of April. Nice.
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

The main news:

• On 19th of May, Hugh won against bla with 24.02 vs. 23.94.
  • On 19th of May, RedEagle won against Thulsa Doom with 23.95 vs. 23.61.
  • Oliver showed what they can do when kind of trying on 19th of May, but still losing against Rarum. It was 23.84 vs. 23.79.
  • sygfried01 dominated HenNaYatsu on 19th of May with 24.19 vs. 23.42.

The latest newcomers to the ranks of D3 winners are:

• Germy on 19th of May
  • holymolly on 19th of May

Congratulations.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

hello, @holymolly

In march, my best average was 24.42 against didish and mot131

In april, it was 24.45 against Geek

In may, 24.48 against phoenix  and pelinor

In june , 24.41 against zak and jelom  and my first defeat of the year against sovereign  ( I have to beat her next time ☠️☠️☠️😬😬😬)

have a nice day ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Hearts 1

Le 29/06/2022 à 18:06, E. N. D. a dit :

bonjour,@holymolly

En mars, ma meilleure moyenne était de 24,42 contre didish et mot131

En avril, c'était 24h45 contre Geek

En mai, 24.48 contre phoenix et pélinor

En juin , 24.41 contre zak et jelom et ma première défaite de l'année contre souverain ( je dois la battre la prochaine fois ☠️ ☠️ ☠️ 😬 😬 😬 )

Bonne journée;)

How beautiful to dream !

C'est beau de rever !

Edited by Sovereign RHB
  • Haha 5