Toughest players in PvP

Rarum

Some new notes:

Since Hugh (previously known as Hugh Jerexion) has to my understanding quit the game, this drops them out of the top 10. Besides, there are a fair few other candidates for the tail end of the top 10.

Someone who seems a good candidate to include in the top 10 list is HenNaYatsu. They have won five times in a row now. However, thus far data points from after awakenings have been absent. Fortunately it's sounding like there will be one for this week.

On 24/2/2022, Rarum won against both RedEagle and sliqguy. While certainly a major victory, this didn't go uncontested. Rarum was at 23.85, while RedEagle was at 23.74. Meanwhile sliqguy was at 23.67. Rarum still doesn't have a level 700 team and fought at pretty much full power, while at least sliqguy significantly improved their team during the league. I'd still put Rarum and sliqguy below RedEagle but I'm not yet putting Rarum on top of sliqguy either due to sliqguy gaining in power that week.

Speaking of RedEagle, they only have three out of six most recent D3 wins, and it does not include the three most recent ones. This is a significant amount of losses for someone who was supposed to be very highly ranking. One of those losses is from me, of course.

karistea got an average of 24.02 on 24/2/2022, an average of 24.21 on 3/2/2022 and a meager 23.62 on 27/1/2022. All of those were first places, but none of them were really what I would call contested first places. Nevertheless, six out of six recent first places is very respectable and puts them in the same ballpark as people like sliqguy and Rarum.

Another potential candidate to replace someone in the rankings with is Shad0w. They've won four out of six most recent leagues, but again we don't have any idea what these leagues were like.

Another possible new face would be sygfried01. How high they score seems to fluctuate, but to be fair, I wouldn't have tried to challenge Lgm123 on the week where sygfried01 got a score of 22.72, either. They very barely lost to Hugh on 10/2/2021, so maybe tenth spot is possible given them still winning four out of six most recent leagues.

bla's "only" won four out of six most recent confrontations, but held up pretty well against La Kajira on 3/2/2022. This is my primary reasoning for giving them the last top 10 spot. Thulsa Doom did well against La Kajira, too, on 27/1/2022, but three out of six recent top 1s is pretty worrying and the two most recent ones weren't in them. So I'd say bla deserves to go in front of Thulsa, actually.

And since I got this far into thinking about this, I might as well also give a new listing for how I think players should be ranked:

1. Lgm123 (conservatively I'm not introducing any change due to lack of evidence)
  2. La Kajira (conservatively I'm not introducing any change due to lack of evidence)
  3. SJL996 (6 out of 6 recent wins, but no new observed ones)
  4. karistea (I'm very much undecided on whether sliqguy or karistea should be here, but karistea has two recent respectable averages on record and 6 out of 6 recent wins)
  5. RedEagle (Three recent losses drops them down somewhat. I have no reason to believe they quit last league so I'm going with the plan of putting them in front of sliqguy still.)
  6. sliqguy
  7. Rarum
  8. HenNaYatsu (a tentative placement since we don't really know anything about the leagues they fought in recently)
  9. bla
  10. Thulsa Doom (Still a higher expected average and personal average record than sygfried01, who would have been my second choice for this spot.)
  • Like 3

thanks for the update; really interessting to look at. I am curious how it will look in 10 or 20 weeks, when we gonna have a lot more data points

this week I am gonna provide HenNaYatsu and shad0w for the first time; also looking forward when people like la kajira, lgm and karistea are in one league. :D

Indeed, i only have 4/6 so far, but both losses were against lgm (only played for top4, you were in this league too and got a better score) and lakajira. Thulsa has a 750 team - that's probably another reason for putting them ahead of sygfried who had only 650 the last time I met them (but they could have whaled to 700-750 already, they have enough nubans for that, i guess).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, blaa said:

thanks for the update; really interessting to look at. I am curious how it will look in 10 or 20 weeks, when we gonna have a lot more data points

this week I am gonna provide HenNaYatsu and shad0w for the first time; also looking forward when people like la kajira, lgm and karistea are in one league. :D

Indeed, i only have 4/6 so far, but both losses were against lgm (only played for top4, you were in this league too and got a better score) and lakajira. Thulsa has a 750 team - that's probably another reason for putting them ahead of sygfried who had only 650 the last time I met them (but they could have whaled to 700-750 already, they have enough nubans for that, i guess).

This week is the first week 2 of us provide the same data :D

And yeah I´m also looking forward to see how things change once we get more data .. a hh.com tier list would certainly be also interesting though :)

3 minutes ago, holymolly said:

a hh.com tier list would certainly be also interesting though :)

go ahead, you can do it! I believe in you!

edit: it's the first week the both of us provide the same data; we had several leagues before with at least two people from the "data project" // that's good so, if someone of us forgets about it, the other is here to back it up

Edited by blaa
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, blaa said:

go ahead, you can do it! I believe in you!

edit: it's the first week the both of us provide the same data; we had several leagues before with at least two people from the "data project" // that's good so, if someone of us forgets about it, the other is here to back it up

Well :P ... Idk how to do one alone :D .. I mean I have no idea what woodo magic @Rarum uses for the nutaku one ... I´m just providing data :D

2 minutes ago, holymolly said:

Well :P ... Idk how to do one alone :D .. I mean I have no idea what woodo magic @Rarum uses for the nutaku one ... I´m just providing data :D

Even I'm not doing it alone, by any means. I have nine people (including myself) providing league end data plus some miscellaneous screenshots from other sources. Also, I am not the one doing the "voodoo magic" of figuring out the winners each week, which is the other major source of evidence for the ranking. I do have some understanding how it's being done, but I can't claim credit for that one. The rest is just staring at all the various pieces of evidence and trying to make educated guesses based on them.

4 minutes ago, Rarum said:

Even I'm not doing it alone, by any means. I have nine people (including myself) providing league end data plus some miscellaneous screenshots from other sources. Also, I am not the one doing the "voodoo magic" of figuring out the winners each week, which is the other major source of evidence for the ranking. I do have some understanding how it's being done, but I can't claim credit for that one. The rest is just staring at all the various pieces of evidence and trying to make educated guesses based on them.

I know :D  ...but  you´re the one who started it afterall :)

I can claim credit for bringing together this team of data collectors, but @zoopokemon was collecting league data well before me. Really, it's been a collaboration long before the more concerted efforts. But I thank you anyway for holding what I do in such high regard.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, blaa said:

see @holymolly: easiest way to get players back to the game, let's go!

just out of curiousity would there be   hh.com players  interested in participating in data collection ?

Maybe: @Kenrae @jelom @Ol Sheriff Joe @Liliat  @E. N. D. ? (that are the first forum regular names that come into my mind :D )

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, holymolly said:

just out of curiousity would there be   hh.com players  interested in participating in data collection ?

Maybe: @Kenrae @jelom @Ol Sheriff Joe @Liliat  @E. N. D. ? (that are the first forum regular names that come into my mind :D )

there are plenty more: @DvDivXXX, @Troctout, @Tom208, @JustVisitingReborn, @MrXY, @Pelinor, maybe you get even @Slyniaback?

Hopefully you didnt tag them for other reasons  ... :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thinking 1

12 minutes ago, blaa said:

there are plenty more: @DvDivXXX, @Troctout, @Tom208, @JustVisitingReborn, @MrXY, @Pelinor, maybe you get even @Slyniaback?

those were just the first names that crossed my mind :D ... you know that I pretty much jumped directly on the discord after the comment :P 

off course there´s plenty of other great players , thx for adding them :P

I honestly wouldn´t want for @Slynia to come back.. even if I miss him it´s better this way for him 😢

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Yeah, well, isn't that kind of what we're more or less already doing through the LAA thread anyway? ^^

Also, it depends on the criteria chosen. Best, top, and winning the most are not quite synonyms. I've seen Level 500 players with Level 700 girls whose all-time best result was a top 30. I've seen Level 450-ish players with Level 600 girls grabbing #1. And everything in between.

What I tend to do is identify players in each league group I'm in who are the biggest potential "threats", as in the most likely to be able to win or at least seriously contest a win or a top 4 finish if they really go for it that particular week. One criterion I use for that is their best performances history, but that's really only one rather loose indicator (not to mention the wipe that affected many players at some point, so some histories can be pretty misleading).

At the end of the day, knowing your opponents and estimating them correctly is part of the experience and the long game strategy, I'd say. I mean, yeah, up to a point. When I had Joe in my league a few weeks ago (and no one else around his power level slash dedication ratio in the group), I knew for sure he would win that. Where it gets more interesting is when you have a wider selection of maybes or whoknows and you need to guesstimate who might (try to) stop your ascension to the throne. :D 

• Like 1

• Rarum changed the title to Toughest players in PvP
49 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Also, it depends on the criteria chosen. Best, top, and winning the most are not quite synonyms.

Yeah, I've also been calling this ranking by a multitude of names, but it is supposed to be about how threatening people are, that is, how likely they'd be to win a given league. And if two of them are in the same league, the one who wins should generally be higher up on the ranking than the one who doesn't win. I don't strictly follow even that, though, being cautious to give myself too many rank ups from that last league with RedEagle and sliqguy.

So, it's not just about the raw strength; La Kajira or me for instance aren't the absolute strongest stats-wise, but we certainly win a lot of leagues and thus deserve a higher position than some more powerful opponents. But it's also not about just the skill, either. Twenty or even less levels ago, I could have had perfect foresight of when players were at their weakest and I still might have lost against people like Lgm123 or La Kajira, despite doing everything in my power. I'd rank a hypothetical omniscient being below those they lose against.

Hopefully that clarifies it somewhat how I decide who should get what ranks in the listing. I have also tried elaborating on my thought process when making updates to the ranking.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ol Sheriff Joe said:

What kind of data collection are we speaking about exactly?...

I can establish a list of a few players i believe are the best on HH.com, if that may help
(and if we're speaking of HH.com, maybe something must be done in the title part of this channel?)

we´re collecting D3 league results pretty much that @Rarum  and @zoopokemon (from what I understood) "rank"/ put together.. it´s pretty much how threatening/ how likely someone is to win a given league  ..but I suppose rarum could explain it better then I did :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, blaa said:

Splutter, cough, splutter, splutter....

You've made my day :D Being listed with those names is a HUGE compliment for a goldfish in a pool of sharks!

I'd be happy to contribute information, but I'm on Nutaku, so I doubt it'd help much 😛

Edited by JustVisitingReborn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, JustVisitingReborn said:

Splutter, cough, splutter, sputter....

You've made my day :D Being listed with those names is a HUGE compliment for a goldfish in a pool of sharks!

I'd be happy to contribute information, but I'm on Nutaku, so I doubt it'd help much 😛

oh, i didnt knew that, i only saw you being in d3 and always assumed you were a HH player; you probably have another ingame name? we might meet soon then =D

21 minutes ago, JustVisitingReborn said:

Well... On Nutaku we only get direct information from like one fourth, maybe sometimes one third if putting in the effort of manually going through screenshots, of the league brackets. We could handle more data in my view. You'll find me on Harem Heroes' official Discord server by my nickname, if you want to discuss more.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blaa said:

maybe you get even @Slyniaback?

Even if I did come back I would still have to climb back up to D3 to be able to provide any data 😅

But yeah what holy said is true, it has been really good for my mental health to quit, hh was at a point to take over my life.

• Like 3
  • Hearts 4

3 hours ago, blaa said:

you probably have another ingame name? we might meet soon then =D

We already have ;)

Yeah I play under a different name. I've been keeping it close to my chest just to keep a perceived advantage of not having people see me coming and discussing things more openly on the forums. But I always knew that'd have to end sooner or later. I play under the name Nohadon.

3 hours ago, Rarum said:

Well... On Nutaku we only get direct information from like one fourth, maybe sometimes one third if putting in the effort of manually going through screenshots, of the league brackets. We could handle more data in my view. You'll find me on Harem Heroes' official Discord server by my nickname, if you want to discuss more.

I'm happy to provide what I can if you can tell me what would be useful. Discord is too young and hip for me lol and I'm struggling to find time just to post here right now!

Edited by JustVisitingReborn
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, JustVisitingReborn said:

We already have ;)

Yeah I play under a different name. I've been keeping it close to my chest just to keep a perceived advantage of not having people see me coming and discussing things more openly on the forums. But I always knew that'd have to end sooner or later. I play under the name Nohadon.

ah, nice; i am not remembering you though - i will keep my eyes open now!