Cumback Contests are LIVE

Liliat

So, I was checking my missions on the test server, and noticed some unusual colors there...

new-contest1.thumb.png.ff20e0ee7ca39ce1a872b0f9b2a93620.png

new-contest2.thumb.png.c6264624b51100a78d1dbedc2093ee3a.png

Not much to say about it, really... Just wanted to let you know...

Edit:

I've noticed that it's actually part of an event called "Cumback Contest I", and the girl is "Competition Lola", which was initially a PoA Girl. I checked the "New features survey", as I didn't remember anything about a new kind of Contest. And indeed there isn't. So, my guess (Considering the name and the number) is that this will be "Revival Contests", for PoA Girls (And maybe KC or others). The contest lasts for 1 Day, but it is part of a 3-days event (Thus the 34 Shards for position 16-30).

Rewards include tons of XP (40k for 16-30, up to 200k for Top 1), plenty of gems, and of course shards for the girl. Oh, and one AM Booster for 1st place, just for fun. Not sure how I feel about that. A competition to get a bonus for competitive leagues? Feels like more sniping and more lag at reset time.

Regarding the contest itself, it's not really a surprise by now, but points distribution is totally unbalanced. You get 400 Points for something that you can do at most 19 times a day (7600 Points), and 3000 Per orb regardless of the rarity, for something we can do many many times a day (At least 10-15 orbs per day, and they can be stashed => very easy to go beyond 50k points).

-------------

Modedit: 

tU8qQ9z.png

According to Numbers, it will be one girl every week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Thinking 1
  • Surprised :O 1

From discord:

Heroes! :Dickachoo_Peek: New feature called Cumback Contests are live on test! You have missed girls from Path of Attraction or Seasons? Don't worry! We've got you covered! What are Cumback Contests?:bunny_joy: Cumback contests are a new type of contest that will revive girls from the previous Path of Attraction and Seasons. Players who have missed an opportunity from past PoA and Seasons will have a chance to obtain them! What are the objectives?:thinky: The objectives of the Cumback contest are different from the usual contests Challenge Club Champion, Do Pantheon Performances, Defeat villains, and other objectives will contribute to your goal of obtaining the girl. What are the rewards?:2bgasm: Similar to Legendary Contests, Cumback Contests will provide different rewards depending on your placement. The rewards are: 1st place will provide 100 Shards, 5 Mythic Books, 1 Mythic Booster (All mastery emblem), and 150 All Gems :shard: :gem_all::spellbook: :allmastery: 2-4th place will provide 100 Shards, 3 Mythic Books and 100 All Gems :shard: :gem_all: :spellbook:
5-15th: place will provide 50 Shards, 2 Mythic Books and 60 All Gems:shard: :gem_all: :spellbook:
16-30th place will provide 34 Shards, 1 Mythic Book, and 30 All Gems :shard: :gem_all: :spellbook:
31th+: the place will provide 10 All Gems :gem_all: Don't forget to leave your feedback and opinions :pikaponder: Kind regards,:s_kiss: Kinkoid :shard:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

Il y a 3 heures, Liliat a dit :

The contest lasts for 1 Day, but it is part of a 3-days event (Thus the 34 Shards for position 16-30).

This feels... short.

I do understand that it's around the same as LC (since you win more shards in the 16-30th bracket) but that also means that a higher place give you less day of leeway. And i imagine this will be in an "empty" spot in the calendar as well (i.e. you can't do it at the same time as something else)

The idea is great (a semi-permanent way to get PoA(/i guess Pov and other "non MP") girls is good in a contest, but i do feel like this will be harsh to do. 

Moreover, i don't really understand the design of it. It clearly scream like a contest for "veteran" or at least player with a good stash, who don't need to use everything everytime... But those player most likely already have the PoA/PoV girls since they can complete the path and pay for the bonus rewards generally, and have been doing it for a long time

Atm, if it's a "once in a month" event, i don't get it.

If it's something really common that will get "normal" fast i can understand it, like once a week, but then it's the design of a contest itself that i don't get. Using orbs feels weird, and the rewards seems out of places. They seems too good to be a "common event" so it's clearly something designed to be rare... And contested

il y a 1 minute, 430i a dit :

people are saying that this will be a weekly event.

Really?

Once a week, you can get 3 chances to win 5 Mythic books, 1 Mythic booster, 150 all gems and a girl?

This seems like a huge reward, but from what i can see here (again, didn't tested it and only saw 1 contest) i'm not sure it's a good "new player" event

Not like it's a bad thing, but then the girls are most likely already in the possession of the player

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Boulie2 said:

This seems like a huge reward, but from what i can see here (again, didn't tested it and only saw 1 contest) i'm not sure it's a good "new player" event

I assume that the players will be bracketed the same way they are currently for the Daily and Legendary contests, meaning it will actually be easier for newer players to get them. Once you are in the 400+ level group of death, this will be gg.

Running it once per week sort of makes sense as there are 4/6 season/PoA girls released every month (dont know whether the 2 paid PoA girls will be included).

3 minutes ago, 430i said:

I assume that the players will be bracketed the same way they are currently for the Daily and Legendary contests, meaning it will actually be easier for newer players to get them. Once you are in the 400+ level group of death, this will be gg.

Running it once per week sort of makes sense as there are 4/6 season/PoA girls released every month (dont know whether the 2 paid PoA girls will be included).

image.png.8faa34dba4c2bdb2a969c5ee0f59fe38.png

like I said above, so far it's not planned to have people with girls and people without girls in a different bracket; feedback is: pls change it, but, we never know ...

yeah, and 3 times a weeks makes sense and would be a great addition, IMO (you dont need to fight every time for first, but also KK can final force people to give up on their hoarded stacks)

Edited by blaa
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, blaa said:

like I said above, so far it's not planned to have people with girls and people without girls in a different bracket; feedback is: pls change it, but, we never know ...

I mean bracketed by level, meaning for newer players it will be quite easy to get the girls. Even in my bracket (361-400) most of the times there arent even 30 active players.

• Like 1

il y a 27 minutes, blaa a dit :

let's get real, it make no sense for them to be in the same bracket from a player perspective.

Ig from KK perspective it at least implies that there would be fewer shards distributed (but i don't think that's the point)

• FinderKeeper changed the title to Cumback Contests on test
Il y a 7 heures, Boulie2 a dit :

Something i didn't point out on my other post is that it's really nice so many "all gems" every weeks 👌

It's great, and it's also part of the issue (As long as players are not bracketed depending on who already owns the girl). Players who need the girl will be competing with all players who already have her, but still reaalllly need all these Gems and XP.

Once players are separated, this will be better.

But that's a lot of great rewards for a contest. It will be a blood bath 😨

This is gonna widen the gap between players in advantageous timezone and in-advantageous timezone. Players who can't be around the reset time always got sniped in contests. They already lose the opportunity for 5* girls in LC and the extra koban income from daily contests. With this feature, their league ranking will be jeopardized as others will gain an advantage of outfitting better teams with gems, books, and AM boosters.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There's a bug with shards on the Test Server. Here's the new contest:

mythic-contest.thumb.png.f25b64ef681d6fe46f7877286ea96b68.png

I finished 3rd in the previous contest, so I "can" obtain the girl any time I want, but I'll still be getting shards for this one. After I actually claimed the girl, shards were replaced with MP Orbs, as expected.

In LC, Shards are replaced with Orbs as soon as you have >100 Shards available, even if you didn't claim them yet (So you can't get 300 Shards for the same girl; but here in this contest, you can)

(I still don't like the goals of this contest. "Spend gems" is a great way to mess up our Awakening plans, which are already super tight, and "Earn Mojo" means it's best to delay our Seasons climbing even more. And if this is introduced next week, many players will be forced to start the new Season, even though they are saving kisses for KC).

• Thanks 2

Uhm i don't know how to feel about this, i'll be honest :). From one side i'm super happy that girls are coming back (specially because i started to Abandon the Poa) and also there are going to be Mythic items and gems, very nice things to get. On the other side they are basically more Legendary Contest, event that i hate.

For now i can only agree on: "divide who has the girl, from who doesn't" if is possible

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Kenrae said:

I don't want to take shards away from other people.

I really feel the same.

But unfortunately it won't really get better, if KK divides the brackets (probably even worse).
This is a kind of event, where a certain percentage of the players has to lose, no matter how hard they struggle.
It might even be easier with some players in the bracket, that don't compete for shards & don't try to get in the top 30 (that's what I do).

Agreed for the need to separate those who already have the girl from those who don't.

5 hours ago, Lumpi46 said:

This is a kind of event, where a certain percentage of the players has to lose, no matter how hard they struggle.
It might even be easier with some players in the bracket, that don't compete for shards & don't try to get in the top 30 (that's what I do).

I think it will be like that on a case by case basis only. Most of the active long-time players already have the vast majority of PoA and Season girls. So with mixed groups with players who have the girl and players who don't, most of these contests should be less competitive than, say, Legendary Contests.

On the flipside, I already foresee a really really fierce and unpleasant experience when they happen to bring back girls who most players don't have, notably including Penny, the one girl from Season 1 that has literally never been available without paying real money so far... In those cases, I'm not sure how to avoid a bloodbath anyway, honestly. :(

EDIT: I agree with both posts by @bolitho76 and @blaa below and with most other posts also expressing the need to separate those who already have the girl from those don't. My mention of the mixed groups in the paragraph that got quoted sent mixed signals on that, my bad. With mixed groups, we will surely have a problem because the "consolation prizes" are great and people who already have the girl will fight for those and screw those who don't have the girls over. You guys are right.

Having said that, even with separate groups, there will likely be a huge difference between most contests, when the revived girl is already owned by most long-time active players (so the "girl groups" will be fewer and possibly smaller) and when the revived girl happens to be a real rarity like Lupa's Mom or above all, Penny, the one actually exclusive paywalled girl from Season 1. That's what I wanted to point out.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 1

The good news is that this event is a bit more generous than Legendary Contests regarding shards distribution. Instead of Top 1, Top 4, Top 10 and Top 25, we have 1, 4, 15 and 30 (Although... I'm not sure if it's because I'm on the test server, but the bracket includes 70 players instead of the usual 50; so maybe it's not that generous? It could really just be an effect of the TS, because with few players, bracket sizes tend to be completely messed up for all parts of the game - 191 players in my League this week :D )

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I think it will be like that on a case by case basis only. Most of the active long-time players already have the vast majority of PoA and Season girls. So with mixed groups with players who have the girl and players who don't, most of these contests should be less competitive than, say, Legendary Contests.

I see a problem with the side rewards. Even if most players have the girl and "only" get the Orbs, the mythic Books, the Booster at 1st place and the gems are heavy reasons to go in. There will be a good amount of players who will obtain theese rewards and try to get them without thinking that they prohibit others from getting shards and so every one of theese contests will be very hard because we all need books, gems and if you can reach place 1, no one who play the league would say no to an AM-Booster. With less interesting side rewards it could be, that the "false" (shardwise) patrticipants are much less engaged.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, bolitho76 said:

I see a problem with the side rewards. Even if most players have the girl and "only" get the Orbs, the mythic Books, the Booster at 1st place and the gems are heavy reasons to go in. There will be a good amount of players who will obtain theese rewards and try to get them without thinking that they prohibit others from getting shards and so every one of theese contests will be very hard because we all need books, gems and if you can reach place 1, no one who play the league would say no to an AM-Booster. With less interesting side rewards it could be, that the "false" (shardwise) patrticipants are much less engaged.

yeah, the rewards are massive, not just good. I dont want to steal somebody's shards, but i wont hold back if I see an opportunity.

btw. i copied that for your information since we now have all three kind of contests on TS

image.thumb.png.2ad17f48ff0de12f38f9d0c830de50d0.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

• FinderKeeper changed the title to Cumback Contests are LIVE
  • DvDivXXX unpinned this topic