Bumping penalty

ShannonX

Yesterday I responded to the top non-pinned thread. Shared a relevant experience with a player and received a penalty for bumping.

If it's the top topic how is it possible to bump it? Is there a way to send messages on the board because I would have preferred to ask Kenrae directly instead of posting the question.

Was Jelom also penalized for bumping? Or being rude?

As you refer especifically to me I feel obligued to answer.

Replying the same day is not bumping.

And if you think I was rude here then your threshold is too low. Neither my words nor my intention was being rude. As it isn't here.

• Thanks 1

First, you haven't received any penalty. You can freely post, you're not banned nor does your content need moderation to be shown. It's just a warning.

Bumping means replying to an old topic that has passed its usefulness. Yes, if it was the top one it's not technically bumping, but that wasn't the issue anyway. If that was it, I would have locked the topic and nothing else. If you read what I wrote you in the warning, the reason was something else. You weren't "sharing a relevant experience", you were throwing accusations to a mod out of the blue without any relation to that topic whatsoever. As I've told you in the message, if you have a problem with something someone has written, you can report it, regardless of being a mod, but witch hunts aren't acceptable, specially in a topic that person in question hasn't even written.

I'm moving this topic to Off-topic by the way, QA is for questions about the game.

P.S: If I've had considered what jelom wrote there too rude I would have sent him a warning too. Also keep in mind that warnings are private, only mods and the forum member in question can see them, and as such the member can decide not to make it public.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 11:08 AM, jelom said:

As you refer especifically to me I feel obligued to answer.

Replying the same day is not bumping.

And if you think I was rude here then your threshold is too low. Neither my words nor my intention was being rude. As it isn't here.

I got zero issue with what you typed, "Are you serious" isn't a bad insult or terribly rude. Just something that doesn't need typing.

I posted the same day, just like you. And described an experience that I had that was significantly worse. In reply to the original posters comments about how rude in general people are. The difference is if you look at the post I was told to look at my profile and it has been flagged for bumping. It just seems a little odd the way they like to hand out punishment for conversing with people on the forum. I don't check the forum every day, and this post is now more than 24 hours old. So I have no idea if I will be banned or not for talking with you. Have fun!

• Hug 1

1 hour ago, ShannonX said:

I got zero issue with what you typed, "Are you serious" isn't a bad insult or terribly rude. Just something that doesn't need typing.

I posted the same day, just like you. And described an experience that I had that was significantly worse. In reply to the original posters comments about how rude in general people are. The difference is if you look at the post I was told to look at my profile and it has been flagged for bumping. It just seems a little odd the way they like to hand out punishment for conversing with people on the forum. I don't check the forum every day, and this post is now more than 24 hours old. So I have no idea if I will be banned or not for talking with you. Have fun!

You didn't post the same day, you posted a full week later, just look at the dates. And as I wrote in the warning, I've written in this topic and I'll write it again a third time, that was never the issue, could you read what I'm saying please?

And please, stop talking about "punishment". You haven't been "punished" at all. You're free to write in the forums without any restrictions whatsoever. A warning is, as its name implies, just something to keep in mind for the future, nothing else.

• Like 2