Fake rewards, missed opportunities :(

erhuty

That is the real possible outcome of Cumback Contest (see screenshot). Does it mean that I would get 300 shards or 100 shards and 200 epic lollipops? No, I would miss some equivalent of 200 shards. On the other hand, 2 another players can't get shards for Cunmack' guy coz I want 2 extra books and emblem. Is it what the gamedev looking for?CC.jpg.7740bbebc88f4e8de80a8e21bdf80cc2.jpg

Pretty much, unlike legendary contests there is no winners bracket everyone competes in the same contests regardless of if you have the guy or not. What happens is after you collect the guy those 200 shards on the other 2 contests will turn into a significantly lamer x3 game mythic pachinko orb. Any rank below first you get single MP orbs in different quantities. What is if you get 1st day 1 and 5th-30th day 2 collect the day 2 contest first then the day 1 and you'll get affection items, but sadly once you hit 100 they become MP orbs.

If you already have the guy you're not supposed to compete for top 4 places anymore I guess or else you're an ass towards players who still need the guy.

Or they were just too lazy to split those players who have the guy and those who don't into different groups.

I tend to go with the "strategy" to just place in top 4 once to get the guy and then I ignore the rest of the event, taking any consolation Mythic books and gems I get by placing somewhere between 15th and 30th.

x3 Mythic orbs aren't even that good and honestly I think about that as a waste of resources. If it was a x6 Mythic orb it may be a different story. but for me the Cumback Contests are mostly interesting for the older guys I either missed or wasn't even a registered player yet.

To save resources it is perhaps even better to just look to place high enough to get 50 shards two times. Mythic books can be gained also from daily goals and gems can be farmed from multiple other sources.

• Thanks 1

They made the rewards for cumback pretty great so its understandable if you have the guy and still want to compete for the books and gems. When the event was released on the test server players told them they needed a winners bracket but we were told it wasn't desired so I don't think players should feel bad about still pushing for top slots. Doing stuff in LC like getting top 10 on day 1 then top 4 day 2 for the affection items is a little dirty but with this we don't have a choice and those are high quality prizes to just pass on.

• Hug 1

Well, they made the correct version of the same kind contest in Legendary Contest where if you have a guy you still may get 1st place but wouldn't interfere in other player's quest for this guy. I wounder why they didn't do the same here?

Il y a 9 heures, Eckos a dit :

or else you're an ass towards players who still need the guy

Oh yes, devs had do lazy mechanics but bad ass is me ;)

• Haha 1

Seriously though, it somewhat looks like the devs are aiming to somewhat sow discord between the players by not separating those who don't have the guy and those who are just looking for some extra resources.

@Oliver66 thanks for the info about what happened on the test server and the reactions given, yet what does "not desired" in this context from the devs even mean?

From what I've gathered the Cumback Contests are in basic function just the same as Legendary Contest, just one day shorter with different conditions and other prizes so it should be easy to make it function just like LC.

After checking on the Harem wiki I also noticed that the 1st Path of Attraction had only 2 guys when this type of event started and they ignored those two guys in the new CC, starting with Creamy Matsuo which is the 1st guy of the second PoA and now we had Cyclist Felix meaning the next one should be Auctioneer Ikraam.

Edited by Eckos

They skipped the first 2 PoA guys because they already had a revival where they were put into pachinko during an anniversary event. Which makes me worry that they'll skip the PoA guys that came back during that horrible KC event where they put 4 guys in the KC pool at once making it so most people couldn't get any or had to spend loads of kobans/resources.

I think with the not having a winners bracket their goal is to make people work harder for said guys. It doesn't seem to be that bad for the guys who were on the free path but this last one was definitely more competition.

16 minutes ago, Oliver66 said:

They skipped the first 2 PoA guys because they already had a revival where they were put into pachinko during an anniversary event. Which makes me worry that they'll skip the PoA guys that came back during that horrible KC event where they put 4 guys in the KC pool at once making it so most people couldn't get any or had to spend loads of kobans/resources.

I think with the not having a winners bracket their goal is to make people work harder for said guys. It doesn't seem to be that bad for the guys who were on the free path but this last one was definitely more competition.

Are they still in Pachinko though? Otherwise it doesn't help all those players who weren't present for that anniversary event.

Ah yes, I remember that KC event, I think it was at a time where I still had only the Nutaku account and I got like between 4 and 10 shards for each of the four guys.

Interestingly, despite always largely ignoring KC events I did manage so far on the main server account to actually gain two KC guys, Alt. Siru and Alt. Brandon. Reasons for it are that I had extra kisses from both the first champion (Romero) and from PoV to do extra battles in Season and that I got incredibly lucky to get around 20 shards for both guys from League battles. I didn't get Alt. Baalam and Tribe Chief Doraghim because I wasn't so lucky with shards for them in the Leagues and didn't have any PoV extra kisses left.

---

This could be a reason, it would also explain why players also get still 50 shards on places as "low" as 15th. Even when placing in the 16th to 30th range ypu can still get the guy if you do so on all three days.

Legendary Contest isn't this generous with the shard distribution. But then again, LC has a 5-star Legendary as a prize while CC has 99% 3-star Legendary guys I think who need at least one blessing to be viable as battle teammates.

9 minutes ago, Eckos said:

Are they still in Pachinko though? Otherwise it doesn't help all those players who weren't present for that anniversary event.

No, they're not. But it's kinda the same with cumback contests. They will include all PoA and all seasons guys which is 6 guys a month, there are only 4 weeks in a month which means every guy will only ever get 1 revival by this method and anyone who starts after these cumback contests also have no hope of getting the guys unless they create yet another revival for them in the future.

55 minutes ago, Oliver66 said:

No, they're not. But it's kinda the same with cumback contests. They will include all PoA and all seasons guys which is 6 guys a month, there are only 4 weeks in a month which means every guy will only ever get 1 revival by this method and anyone who starts after these cumback contests also have no hope of getting the guys unless they create yet another revival for them in the future.

Jeez, as glad as I am to have the chance to get missed guys now (especially those I have on Nutaku but not on main) this method really isn't that well thought out in long term.

A better solution would perhaps be to introduce two new champions after Alban, one who cycles through old Season guys every two weeks or so as end prize and one who cycles through old PoA guys. Every player who already has the current guy offered can get i.e. 200 gems of each color or so.

Edited by Eckos