Tedious events

Syndarix

As someone who has never spent money on the game, the amount of contests the devs load up the game with is absolutely insane. I'm seeing a legendary contest that says "gain xp/ fight villains" and then the NEXT DAY I'm seeing a cumback contest with the exact same requirements. Cumback contests are supposed to give newer players a chance to get guys they might've missed from earlier in the game, yet the way they're set up, only premium/p2w users end up getting them. I can get first place all three days of a legendary contest, but then they turn around and put out another contest the next day with another guy as a reward. Honestly, I think cumback contests should be something entirely different, considering we already have legendary contests basically every week, and the cumback contests so far have been piggybacking off the legendary contests in a way that's entirely unfair to f2p players. Plus, it's always the same. Four different types of tasks, do them and you score points. Leaderboard equals prizes. There are so many unique things they could do for events (like an egg hunt for easter) but instead it's the same contests over and over again. Instead of doing single-guy legendary contests every week and making sure we're dry of resources before bringing out the cumback contests, would it not be better just to do like a 4 or 5 legendary guys event once a month? The longer themed events have always been better, and they're not so tight for time. For example, legendary contest started two days ago, then cumback contest started yesterday. Most people would still have to do both those contests today, while a new event called Mythic Revival is starting tomorrow. It's absolutely crazy. I can't be spending hours a day on a game that only gives you twenty minutes of gameplay. I can't keep sitting there waiting for daily missions to end because it's the only way I can get enough kobans to even place in the contests. I can't do this, and the contests need to change. Cumback or legendary, one of them needs to not.

• Thanks 1

Yes, I agree the game is getting overrun with events but when players tell the devs this we were told you don't have to do everything and they are more afraid of player boredom. As for the events themselves they post a calendar every month of when things are so you should probably just pick the events you like and focus on those.

Legendary contests is a 4 day event where you can get a 5 star legendary guy and only runs once a month around the 19th, on the calendar you can always find it because it always says it starts at 1:30PM UTC+1 where most events start at reset. Cumback contests always run Mon-Wed every week so its purely bad luck that they're overlapping so poorly with the XP, but lined up nicely for levelling your harem. As a free player you do need to pick your events cause you won't have the resources to get everything and I'd recommend just completely ignoring mythic days/revival as those are designed to be massive resource sinks.

Hopefully you can get comfortable skipping features/events you don't care about because if you're unhappy with so much to do now you probably won't be pleased to know we've had 2 surveys previewing a lot of new features that many of them will be appearing in this year.

From what I've gathered since the new year started is that the many events running parallel often require the same resources to be used or come in such quick succession that many players don't have a chance to stockpile enough resources.

If there's concern about player boredom maybe they should introduce two or three features that aren't so resource intensive.

It is true that it is quite tedious to do so many things at once and I do quite fear that if you get unlucky and placed in a bracket with either multiple whales or veteran f2p players who have amassed huge stockpiles of resources who can gain millions of points in four or five contests in a row newbie players or more casual f2ps will simply resign in frustration.

You can afford to participate in two or three of those events if you use the rewards of Path of Valor wisely, especially if you manage to unlock the second path. For example the current Legendary Contest is doable with all the EXP books gained from PoV, but you burn through your gem stock quickly with it.

With the Cumback Contests I try to aim for the guy by placing 5th to 15th place two times, that doesn't require as much resources as aiming to get 1st to 4th.

Having them every week is quite exhausting though I agree as well, maybe having them only every second week would be smarter, and also have them either provide old PoA guys or old Season guys, not both.

Having the chance to gain old guys from past events is a huge plus for all players, new and old alike, but the way it is right now is unbalanced and again favors those players who either pay real money or are already playing for more than a year and have stockpiles filled with orbs, books and gems.

• Thanks 1