• Yummy
    • Meh
    • Yucky

<< Previous Event This event is part of the Mature Season. Next Event >>

1295.jpg

Path of Attraction

Spring Cleaning
My tidy hero,

The time has come to spring clean for your life!

Starting today and ending on the 31st of March (1 pm UTC+2), you’ll have the chance to recruit 4 eager spring cleaners.

Spring Cleaning Rin and Spring Cleaning Eliana will be yours if you complete all tasks. If you want Spring Cleaning Mikazuki and Spring Cleaning Koemi, you’ll have to put in some extra effort.

Good luck and do bust the dust.

Free Path Bonus Path

affstar_S.pngaffstar_S.pngaffstar_S.png

ava0-1200x.webp

Spring Cleaning Rin

ava0-1200x.webp

Spring Cleaning Eliana

ava0-1200x.webp

Spring Cleaning Mikazuki

ava0-1200x.webp

Spring Cleaning Koemi

1uidTXk.png <- clickable

@Noacc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Hearts 1

So it´s that time of the month again: a new PoA :D

Overall not the worst art but I prefer some of the later PoA´s over this one. One thing I like is, that we get girl variations of girls that haven´t had many (in fact that the 2nd variation for every girl).

My favorite girl is by far Rin (not just because of the name :P ) her art is the most clean/ the style I like the most, 2nd is mikazuki. I´m not the biggest fan of the other 2.

• Like 2

Rin is obviously the best art, and probably the most noticeable in Mature Season.

Curiously, Eliana get declassed from deity to simply Legendary 3 Maid when cleaning rooms. I live a controversy about her skintone - I recognize it's too pale, but at the same time is an intriguing tone. I'd like to know from the artist why such choice, that probably is inspired by some actual ethnicity.

46 minutes ago, natstar said:

not a fan of the wording of the event in the news where the paid path ones are called putting in extra effort to unlock

If I do remember, that's a copypaste part of every PoA message. They never quote direct currencies as at any time the cost of something can vary or change, and telling "spend" is a no no in commercialese.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm familiar w/ Konan from Naruto of course, and aware of Holo from Spice and Wolf (even though I didn't watch it yet).  Not familiar w/ the others, but there's a lot of nice art for Sakuya Izayoi out there.  Not much of Aki Adagaki.  Will gladly skip the paid side of this PoA, and save my kobans.

586190575_poaspringcleaning.thumb.png.da08ea61fa90a8e1285b105f9a1c4483.png

All four of these covers are pretty promising, and I like the theme of this one. As usual, I'll judge the books when I get to read them, though. ^^

21 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

Not familiar w/ the others

All four of these girls are returning HH characters now (and it's their first variant in all four cases, even Rin who has been in the game for a long time). As much as I understand the otakus' compulsion to identify the inspiration for new girls being introduced, once they've been established and existed long enough in the Haremverse, they grow past mere parodies of this or that character from this or that japanime, game or manga. I'm glad to see all four of them return, I like all four characters on their own merits by now and I'm looking forward to their evolution.

PS: Now if only FAB could understand this and stop seeing Fabienne as "his own alter ego in the game" and let her become a real girl... :ph34r:

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

What are you smoking here lol? These girls are but exact parodies of the characters the poster mentioned higher, whether it's their first time in HH or not. They don't grow anywhere. Their scenes or plots they appear in are also routinely connected to the circumstances of the character being parodied. Most others too. I really wonder why somebody would play a doujin parody game without much or any understanding of references in characters or the overarching plot. There are some great browser games based on original characters on Nutaku for example. Also calling somebody compulsive when you might have an obsession with other parts of the game and to feel being entirely logical is obtusely ridiculous.

• Haha 1
  • Hug 1

@lainn Agree to disagree, to each their own and all that. I could believe you for parodies whose source material I'm completely unfamiliar with, but there's also a lot I know very well (older stuff, mostly, like Saint Seya, DBZ, Mario, The Avengers and super-hero comics in general, and more), and for these, all of the characters that went past the one parody and done evolved into their own Haremverse character pretty quickly. Even some that don't even have a collectible  version and only appeared in the story mode are rarely pure copy-paste and grow their own style and personality. So, unless they happen to do this only for more mainstream inspirations and they copy much more literally for lesser known japanime, games etc. I'd be surprised if they don't give characters their own spin as they've done for pretty much all those I know.

Just a few specific points I need to address, though:

7 hours ago, lainn said:

There are some great browser games based on original characters on Nutaku for example.

I've tried dozens of them, and although I liked quite a few for a week or sometimes more, I eventually got tired of all of them. I have yet to find anything even remotely approaching HH's art quality, unique art style (for sex games and especially "hentai", unsurprisingly since there's a lot of European and US comics influence in the art than the cookie-cutter impersonal "pure" manga style found in most games in that niche). Not to mention the varied and fun gameplay I've grown addicted to, and the awesome and active community. If you have suggestions, I'm genuinely all ears. But I've tried most of the "top games" and "similar games" on Nutaku, from Fap CEO to House of Sin, to Heavy Metal Babes to Booty Farms etc. etc. None of that appealed to me even a hundredth of how HH appeals to me.

7 hours ago, lainn said:

Also calling somebody compulsive when you might have an obsession with other parts of the game and to feel being entirely logical is obtusely ridiculous.

There's a lot to unpack in that one seemingly simple if passive-aggressive sentence.

First of all, there's the terrible lack of understanding of how language works shown in your substition of what I actually said ("I understand the otakus' compulsion") for something that has a completely different meaning and vibe ("calling somebody compulsive"). I wasn't targeting anybody in particular, mentioning a "compulsion" in a large group of passionate people is a far cry from "accusing" or "calling" them "compulsive", and the combination of both your invalid substition is akin to a gross misrepresentation of my message and attitude. It's very reminiscent of the good old "this is a noob question" -> "you called me a noob!" strawman I had to face in my early days on the forum. That's something stupid to say (which does NOT equal "calling you stupid"; see the difference?).

Then, there's the whole facepalm-worthy intellectual dishonesty in the "you do A" (or more commonly "you can't do A") therefore "you shouldn't comment on people doing A... How old are you and/or what are you smoking to resort to this kind of middle-school rhetoric?

Also of course there's the general misinterpretation of my perfectly friendly exchange of perspectives with @Ravi-Sama, with whom I had very nice, fun and /or constructive discussions quite a few times and who didn't for a second feel attacked by the post you woke up three weeks later to make a rebuttal against, somehow. Taking that sentence of yours as a fair summary, one would legitimately and very incorrectly assume I insulted him or we had a fight or something along those lines. That's entirely in your head, though. You misread the hell out of my post, and overreacted to something that just wasn't there.

--------
Last but not least, you're necrobumping this long done event thread from three weeks for this. Necrobumping is not allowed on the forum, so please don't do it moving forward (no formal warning this time). I'll lock this thread now, but if you have suggestions of other games you think I might like, feel free to post them in Off-topic. Thanks.