Balancing out Gems.

Redbeard

A good and simple way for Gem distribution to become more balance would be to rotate the color of Gems you receive for fights in the Tower.  I don't think Kinkoid actually wants an equal distribution but, if that is their aim that would be a good start.

The best way would just be having one gem type.
it would actually make it more worth while for people to buy gems in bundles as well so kinkoid is only losing money by not having just one gem type for everything in the first place
they already have the raindow gem picture for this so no work needed besides merging all the gems people have together so you would lose nothing and would be able to upgrade any of your girls without having to worry about overspending on one gem type which might make it harder upgrading future legendary/mythic girls.

I'm wondering if this is really necessary.

Sure, for veteran players, we had to essentially start from 0 and build our levels all the way to 750; it suddenly takes a lot of gems (300-350k?).

But I have started my casual test server account when Awakening have been introduced, starting from level 1, and I'm almost getting gems faster than girls (To the point I'm spending lots of gems on Legendary 3 girls, just to get enough girls to awaken to the next +50 levels). I'm now lvl 550 there, close to the lvl 600 threshold - with just over 100 girls now.

On the other hand, veterans are getting close to lvl 700/750 now (650++ myself). And It's "only" been 5 months or so (Again, sounds like a lot when you suddenly and unexpectedly have to rush to lvl 750, but on the game scale, it's really nothing).

Sure, gems are unbalanced. So are girls (Both in terms of numbers, and in terms of element power). Do we need more gems, or easier gems? I think we already have just enough. Adding more gems, or sharing colors, would probably result in a "Champions Tickets" effect. In the first few months, tickets were extremely scarce, and now that most players have unlocked all Champion girls, they're so plentiful that they've become a trash resource for many (Myself excluded :D although I'm slowly getting there as well).

• Like 4

The "scarcity" of a gem color is the mean of having gems. Once you do have enough of everything, the meaning of gems disappear and you can remove it totally.

What's "wrong" on a design sense is gem farming is out of a player control. Everything depend on events, so you're tied to collect what they deal you. No choice.

By having a farming feature instead you can obtain both results: the player must pick a decision on what to farm, and that exclude to  farm everything, creating a meaningful and manageable scarcity, instead of depending on events.

• Like 2