New Phone Messenger now LIVE

Yamiray

il y a 46 minutes, Master-17 a dit :

5 girls with 3 pics each => 15 pics and 150 gems

And that's all? All that you have done in this super-duper feature? All this could easily be implemented with the help of Side Quests. There was no need to invent additional currencies, spend a lot of time creating code. Oh yes, I completely forgot, in Side Quests you have to create a separate picture for almost every replica, but here one at the end is enough! But you went the hard way and wasted your valuable time on things that could have been put to good use refining the rest of the features.

Ho yeah, five you’re right my bad

i mean, i don’t have anything *against* this features. But considering how short it is, i clearly don’t have anything for it either :/ 

51 minutes ago, Master-17 said:

spend a lot of time creating code

They recycled code - so not realy much of time wasted.

in Side Quests you have to create a separate picture for almost every replica,

No, not really. In more than one sidequest they use the same picture for the most replicas.

But you went the hard way and wasted your valuable time on things that could have been put to good use refining the rest of the features.

Better they use their time on this than on realy ugly and horrible things like girls-equipment.

They started the feature and in the next weeks we will get more stuff in the Messenger. I didn't understand the complaining. In the game is enough to do, so an aditional, slow and relaxed adition is very welcome. An adition that is doable for casual players too and not only for the actice, addicted ones.

And the Chineese wall or the pyaramids had begun with only one stone. 😉

Edited by bolitho76
  • Thanks 2

In clicker, each girl came with her own set of chats, and you could start chatting as soon as you obtained the girl.

In HH, with over a thousand girls, it was obviously not possible to immediately implement chats for each of them. However, I think devs should have waited a bit longer before introducing the feature, to have more content available (At least a few dozen girls). The linear chats are not really great either; the feature will probably be limited to the main story girls. Since it's linear, you don't want to release chats for a girl players might not have in their harem.

There's also a clear lack of integration. I think it would have been better to have a vertical phone section overlaid on the main page. It doesn't need to be a full screen, completely independent page (Especially since this page doesn't properly support vertical rendering; so it's not even usable on phones).

It's not a bad feature, but it certainly feels rushed.

• Like 6

il y a 26 minutes, bolitho76 a dit :

I didn't understand the complaining

In my case i'm not really complaining about it, i'm just giving a feedback on the fact that it was not bad, but not good -and too short for me to grow any form of enjoyment by time-

The art on the last girl was really good however, forgot to mention it

Tbh, it's really the lack of content that bother me. The features is not something *big* that will change the game forever like girl equipment (... That we're sadly going to get anyway), it's even assumed with the 10 allgem with the pictures. But the fact that there's not a single timer on the features without going in the phone (even an exclamation mark would do it for me) and the fact that it's really short make it a miss for me

2 hours ago, Boulie2 said:

4 girls with 3 pics each, 12 pics and 120 all gems, and that’s it? :D

Five. But yes, I've reached the end for now. Hopefully more will get added regularly from now on, as we can expect.

Edit: I had missed there was another full page left to catch up on when I replied to that. ^^

By the way, guys ( @Master-17 primarily, though Bolitho used it too), I deduce from your use of "replica" that this must be the word for "answer" or "reply" in your native language, but in English a replica is an exact copy of a physical object (usually smaller). Tourists can buy replicas of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, and so on. You must mean to say "reply" (plural replies). /semantics (this was unintentionally hilarious to read though ^^).

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated

I have a feeling this will be abandoned real soon. There's nothing in it to encourage spending, and high quality art doesn't pay for itself.

Didn't they also try to sell chests with film strips? I hope no one fell for that, considering it took less than a week to go through this proof of concept.

I'm still happy with the free stuff, but I doubt this will go on for long.

7 minutes ago, Franka said:

Didn't they also try to sell chests with film strips?

Of course I have none left today, but I saw several pass by in the past few days, yeah. I can't remember for sure, but I think these were mostly focused on the Frames, and not the Replies, which seems odd to me. I've finished the 5 initial chats now, and I still have 228 Frames lying around (granted, I'm farther in Pantheon than most players, but still). The new currency that slows this down is Replies, not Frames (at least so far).

• Like 1

I'm sorry, I don't understand the "surprise" of having only 5 girls right now. it was written in the blog linked in the first post:

When the feature is released, you will already be able to have 3 discussions with 5 girls!

This means that you’ll already be able to have a total of 15 chats! 

I'm sure they're planning to implement more chats over time

• Like 3
  • Surprised :O 1

5 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I deduce from your use of "replica" that this must be the word for "answer" or "reply" in your native language, but in English a replica is an exact copy of a physical object (usually smaller)

I've used Google Translate to translate text because I don't know English very well. However, the words "answer" and "reply" are also not very suitable for this term. Because they are more suitable for our answer options. Perhaps the word "line" would be more appropriate here.

I'll add one more thing:1.thumb.jpg.25a6a49acabba1d823d4d90304ee9fe5.jpg

Don't you think that this should not be in the chat?

It's not that I'm against this innovation. However, I think that such an implementation is secondary and not worth the effort invested in it. If it had been done differently, it would have had the right to exist. But in the form in which it is being implemented, this is an extra waste of effort at the expense of useful innovations.

In particular, as I already said, everything implemented could be done on the basis of Side Quests. If the course of the dialogue really depended on our answers, it would be an innovation. And so - this is only the choice of a line of text, which will be fixed in the final version of the chat.

Edited by Master-17
  • Like 1

I finished today as well.  Wanted to reemphasize that I think without this thread I would not have remembered this feature (so thank you, and contrary to my previous asks, maybe never unpin ;) ).  I don't think the placement is great (with "sales") and no highlight or notification you have things to spend it's easy to forget.

That being said, now finding there's a relatively quick "end" if they add this and no new content, I can see how that notification would be annoying.  Of course we have paper airplanes to spend, when there's nothing to spend them on.  If that's the rationale for not implementing it (or at least until there's some content we can't get done faster than standard story:P), that makes more sense.

"Easy" solution would be have a notification (!) when you have a new call/message/text (like a real phone??? that's my novel idea for the day;)).

• Like 3

On 4/27/2022 at 12:38 PM, JustVisitingReborn said:

I'm at level 650 and I'm still finding gems more of a bottleneck than GXP. Different strategies I guess.

Floor 1300 on the Pantheon - I'm seeing the reel showing frames or the previous 15xMP. So it looks like the frames are being added in as a possible alternative prize rather than an additional one.......

If this hasn't already been clarified, on the Pantheon the frames are an ADDITIONAL prize:

image.thumb.png.ab3524d9dca6f2ebb5b5eb26ffc97d88.png

• Like 3

I completely forgot to sound off on this new feature, which is appropriate since it's forgettable. It feels incredibly rushed due to the lack of content, being totally disconnected from the rest of the game, and the resources that are already worthless. In many ways it feels a lot like sidequests; a high text-to-art ratio, you wait a few days to complete them, and you get some gems at the end. The only difference is that it's gated by "replies" and not energy so I guess it's more accessible for people who haven't finished the main story.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Attirm said:

The only difference is that it's gated by "replies" and not energy so I guess it's more accessible for people who haven't finished the main story.

I didn't think about the gate, that's a good point.

To accessibility, I did reflect this weekend wondering who the next girls will be.  The way they did it so far, it's all girls that you attain fairly early on.  However, even then it's not totally post-tutorial friendly (I'm betting you can get thru the calls before you acquire the girls at the rate of resource gain but haven't calculated it firmly).  What happens if I'm getting called by a girl I don't even own...is that cool?  Weird?  Hang up worthy?

Surely more complicated by this line of thinking made me realize IMO a better implementation would be calls from girls only that you own.  That mandates a bigger (maybe huge) pool however.
But looking at it like that, it's just "a little more story" (or personality) from your harem.  And maybe another thing to "catch all" of.
That was one thing I didn't like (notably Comix Harem) was side quests for girls I didn't own.  Like why do I even care...resources I guess.  But I can understand the other opinion.

Related I also will admit, I'm curious about what the underlying story across all the calls will end up being/amount to (if anything) - which becomes more difficult if not impossible with random girls.  Perhaps another feature ;)  On the other hand, that's another "to be continued" which is already frustrating with the main storyline tho :)

Edited by jpanda

9 hours ago, jpanda said:

I did reflect this weekend wondering who the next girls will be. 

You already put more thought on it than devs did. An entire weekend.

What girls everyone own? The ones you unlock by completing a World. Those are the only ones you'll be sure a player own in relation to any progress. If you're in World 4, you surely have World 1-3 girls.

All others are missable and can be a spoiler. Anyway the continuity is already broken, they talked about the Harem location, and you officially own one already since months (if not years), as quoted by daily missions. I don't think they cared a lot about continuity, not the logic of the feature, that could have been coded with more care of such immersive elements.

As for CHX girls, all of them belong to SHOCKER, that's why you can interact with them even if they doesn't belong to your personal Harem.

The same can be said for HH, anyway. You can spend a lot of time with a girl in any World before she join officially your Harem.

So, what girl could be the next one? Even one that you never met - so, possibly anyone. Probably starters and World girls (so probably next one will be Noemy).

It could have been way more satisfactory to everyone if the chat was exclusive to mythic girls you maxed out - collect the girl, max rank, start the chat with her. But who am I to suggest proactive features to KK?

• Like 1

Il y a 11 heures, lepidocter a dit :

It could have been way more satisfactory to everyone if the chat was exclusive to mythic girls you maxed out - collect the girl, max rank, start the chat with her

I can get behind that, but the fact that a lot of people don't own any Mythics really bug me out.

What's the point of such a mechanism in game if the majority of player don't enjoy it? :/ 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Boulie2 said:

I can get behind that, but the fact that a lot of people don't own any Mythics really bug me out.

What's the point of such a mechanism in game if the majority of player don't enjoy it? :/ 

I was talking mostly on a marketing POV.

Is just a different philosophy: knowing that a Mythic not only is "exclusive" and stronger, but you can interact more with her than a normal girl, ideally lead for a greater compulsion on collecting, so more time in the game, so more needs and compulsions...

The other philosophy is to deal free cheap stuff to everyone.

As I don't care about a fake chat about something happened one year ago with girls I forgot to own, I thought the first one was better.

Edited by lepidocter
  • Like 1

Il y a 18 heures, lepidocter a dit :

I thought the first one was better.

Yeah, on a marketing POV i can totally get behind that. From the gameplay stand i'm not really good with it, but it would clearly be a good selling point for the Mythics.

Maybe on the side as "extra affection scene"? Could be cool tbh

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

New girls in Phone Messenger; Jennie, Princess Noemy and Abrael. (Might be more but I'm currently out of whatever the paper plane energy is called.)

I wish the in-game Icon of a phone showed when new girls were available, I only realized there were new girls because I've been checking it every few days out of hope.

• Like 1

I apologize right away if I suddenly write in the wrong place (I use a translator). In general, I wanted to ask why the new images in "MESSAGES" are of poor quality and they cannot be opened to full screen like the previous ones

Edited by armageddon735

The trick is to click on the "+" sign on the FIRST picture of the girl's album; that works and goes full screen. From there, you can switch to the next two pics with the arrows while staying in full size mode. If you click on the + sign on pics 2 or 3 directly nothing happens.