The new art direction is horrible

Dondarian

I don't know if it's just me, but I just got to Chapter 5 in the story "The Spy Who Came Inside me" and immediately I went "what in the hell did they do to the character models?!"  It used to actually feel a bit like a comic book, which is blatantly the point, but now it looks like they decided to waste those budget dollars of half-assed renderings with no depth at all.  

I think they look absolutely horrid!  They really REALLY took a huge step back in the quality of the art.  They made Wildman look like a caricature of his previous self, and the women look like they've been designed by someone who just graduated from using MS Paint.  The art of the story is a gigantic part of the value of the game for me, and I'm seriously considering never playing again.  

I've attached to screenshots to show the drastic difference between the art styles.  The first one is the new art style that makes the characters look like the Android from Harem Hotel, and the second is WAY better, and is from Begin City.  

Anyone else feeling this way?

<snip>

Edited by FinderKeeper
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/21/2022 at 7:48 PM, Dondarian said:

I don't know if it's just me, but I just got to Chapter 5 in the story "The Spy Who Came Inside me" and immediately I went "what in the hell did they do to the character models?!"  It used to actually feel a bit like a comic book, which is blatantly the point, but now it looks like they decided to waste those budget dollars of half-assed renderings with no depth at all.  

I think they look absolutely horrid!  They really REALLY took a huge step back in the quality of the art.  They made Wildman look like a caricature of his previous self, and the women look like they've been designed by someone who just graduated from using MS Paint.  The art of the story is a gigantic part of the value of the game for me, and I'm seriously considering never playing again.  

I've attached to screenshots to show the drastic difference between the art styles.  The first one is the new art style that makes the characters look like the Android from Harem Hotel, and the second is WAY better, and is from Begin City.  

Anyone else feeling this way?

<snip>

The art just got awful in chapter 5.
I really regret having spent money to get to this point and not having decent content anymore. I wonder if all the other chapters have this terrible artistic direction

The 8th and especially the 9th story has some great art and funny story.

The 7th story was pretty okay art-wise and very funny too.

Overall, I think that this game is treading in a positive way. I agree that the first 5 stories are rather boring.

Edited by OmerB

On 9/8/2023 at 3:04 PM, OmerB said:

The 8th and especially the 9th story has some great art and funny story.

The 7th story was pretty okay art-wise and very funny too.

Overall, I think that this game is treading in a positive way. I agree that the first 5 stories are rather boring.

Do 7, 8 and 9 follow the artistic pattern of the initial sagas?

• 1 month later...

This isn't so much about the art in the story line, or "quests" (but it is still involving the art in the game), but rather in the scenes concerning the upgrades. It really looks like pretty much all of the artists "coming up" with the ideas on what to have for these upgrade scenes, are very heavily into anal, as pretty much almost every new girl I've gotten in the past 4  to 5 months, is pretty much ALL anal sex scenes, with a few oral ones thrown in.

I don't have anything against anal, only that I think it would be kind of nice, to having more scenes involving vaginal sex, rather than it being 95% anal, and 5% oral.        LOL

Edited by HornyCat
  • Like 2