Introducing "gem mines" + use for 1-star guys.

Eckos

Having recently run into quite a shortage of some gems despite multiple possible sources to gain some I got an idea on how players could aim to somewhat "farm" gems of a certain element they need while at the same time making the 1-star guys somewhat useful.

Similar to Places of Power there could be a "gem mine" with a slot to place an 1-star guy into. Depending on the element of said guy you get a certain amount of gems in the corresponding color every 12 or 24 hours.

By paying kobans and/or possibly fulfilling tasks or conditions more mines/slots can be unlocked up to a maximum of 8 so that in theory every gem type could be farmed or more of specific elements if you place multiple guys with the same element.

Depending on balance questions then the additional gem prizes from Places of Power could be removed (perhaps to increase the chance to get other PoP prizes).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Hearts 3

• 1 month later...

I totally agree. I have a ton of 1-star guys, who I don't really use for anything, because they don't have high enough stats to be useful aside from my boosting my Harem's overall score and adding to my overall number of Harem members.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2022 at 6:41 PM, RyanLee said:

I have a ton of 1-star guys, who I don't really use for anything, because they don't have high enough stats to be useful aside from my boosting my Harem's overall score and adding to my overall number of Harem members.

Yeah, really the only use for 1-stars is to pad out your count of maxed-out characters, when you're trying to move up to the next level tier. (Which is getting harder and harder, since gems are so hard to come by. At one point I had like 6000 red gems built up (where all the others were in the 0-200 range), but I even burned through all of those bringing the red-gem characters to level 600.)

That reminds me: A lot of weeks ago, near the start of the year, the devs posted this image in one of the Patch Notes blog entries about upcoming features, showing the addition of a Gems store to the Market:

image11-2.png.d72a1a54bef86fe7c2eadc4d60b5cc28.png

But despite Market improvements reportedly being the #1 most requested change, it's half a year later and so far nothing has come of it.

• Hearts 1