New Feature: Path of Glory (PoG) live on Test Server!

Guest Tohru - Kinkoid

13 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

I think 6k kobans is ridiculous, but it has to be more than 3.6k kobans, if that's what an L3 PoV girl costs.  I honestly don't think that there should be a "premium" section for this, b/c it makes half of the girls harder to get, when they were all equally difficult to get.  Should just have a single girl.  That way the supply of girls for the PoG would last longer.  A premium set of rewards would only fool newer players who don't know that L5 girls are common.  There's 64 sets of rewards, 30 gems for each premium reward, 1920 total gems, or 240 of each gem type.   I wouldn't spend 6k kobans just for the gems and common resources.  Glad I have all of the LC girls.  I'll keep my 6k kobans to waste on Mythic Girls.

Making it 3.6k kobans isn`t that ridiculous, considering PoV girls are brand new, that no one owns, while PoG girls are re-released girls, that most older players own and won`t even consider buying, so lowering it will give newer players a bigger incentive to buy them.

• Like 7

Others have pointed this out already, and I know this is the key mechanic that allows KK to monetise the feature, but there's simply no way I'm laying out 1/6k Koban to pick-up an old LC girl.

There was a point in time when these grils were important, but there's been such an increase in the number of L5*s that are being released that market saturation has totally devalued them. When I can pick-up an L5* for free from the Leagues, the LC, BB, CC, how does LD or indeed the paid path for PoG reconcile with the cost? I'm getting 3-4 of these girls free every month! And that doesn't consider the impact that the swelling ranks of Mythics have on the value of L5*s. 1k Kobans is ~2/3s of a Mythic!!

I'm not criticising the feature overall - I think it looks great and provides more free resources :) But I do think there's a stark disparity developing in how KK are approaching L5 girls. You can't give so many of them away for free then expect players to want to lay out significant amounts of (in game) currency to pick-up others. There would need to be some in game mechanic to make these girls specifically desirable before this starts to look worthwhile. I have something in mind, but I don't want to say it because it'd be bad for players overall lol.

Edited by JustVisitingReborn
  • Like 7

15 hours ago, redx3 said:

Making it 3.6k kobans isn`t that ridiculous, considering PoV girls are brand new, that no one owns, while PoG girls are re-released girls, that most older players own and won`t even consider buying, so lowering it will give newer players a bigger incentive to buy them.

The thing is people have shards already for these old girls so having them behind a koban wall is very bad and you could get them for free during legendary contests if you were prepared as well.
It would have made more sense for the old legendary contest girls to be available in the cumback contests due to some people that missed out the first time actually having shards already and for the old season/poa girls to be in this event.

I already have all the legendary contest girls so the paid path is even worse value for kobans for people like me as well.

Edited by natstar
  • Like 2

I wrote this in the patch notes thread too :

PoG:

+: Using the points from Daily goals for PoG too and Revivin LC girls for all who had missed them.

-: A paid path with XP and a barrier of 6000 Koban. The rewards are not worth the Koban and again a great Koban-sink without an improvement in Koban income. A solution could be to remove minor rewards - like energy - from the paid path and change the last 6 rewards (4750-5250) to 1000 Koban. If a player buy the path and will do all daily goals in the 5 weeks he had to strugle enough to legitimate the payback of 6k Koban.

An other idea to improve the feature is to change the unlocking of the paid path from all or nothing to partially unlocking in 5 parts for 1200 Koban per part (1st part: goes to 650 points, 2nd to 1250, 3rd to 1950, 4th to 2750 and the 5th is after 2750 until the max). Players who have some shards of the girl will have the chance to only buy enough parts to get the girl and didn't need to spend the whoole 6000 in one step. With this the path could be more interesting to a lot of players.

Edited by bolitho76
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, bolitho76 said:

An other idea to improve the feature is to change the unlocking of the paid path from all or nothing to partially unlocking in 5 parts for 1200 Koban per part (1st part: goes to 650 points, 2nd to 1250, 3rd to 1950, 4th to 2750 and the 5th is after 2750 until the max). Players who have some shards of the girl will have the chance to only buy enough parts to get the girl and didn't need to spend the whoole 6000 in one step. With this the path could be more interesting to a lot of players.

I actually love this idea. Although in most cases players would either have a full LC girl or 0% of her. But some might have barely missed and ended up with 50 or even 75% by failing on the last contest, and this would be a fair compromise for them. In some rare cases, maybe a partial buy even if you already have the girl might be worth it for the XP alone, with gradual unlocks like that.

• Like 8

Is there anyone who, for love of knowledge, spent those 6000 kobans while already having Bellona, that can confirm what the alternative reward is?

Is it the same as the one in the free path (1 epic orb instead of 20x shards) or is it something else (more epic orbs, or a different type of orbs)?

On 5/26/2022 at 5:53 PM, Antimon said:

Is there anyone who, for love of knowledge, spent those 6000 kobans while already having Bellona, that can confirm what the alternative reward is?

Is it the same as the one in the free path (1 epic orb instead of 20x shards) or is it something else (more epic orbs, or a different type of orbs)?

haven´t confirmed it myself but it should be 1 2x EpP orbs. Bunny said

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 7:48 PM, DvDivXXX said:

I actually love this idea. Although in most cases players would either have a full LC girl or 0% of her. But some might have barely missed and ended up with 50 or even 75% by failing on the last contest, and this would be a fair compromise for them. In some rare cases, maybe a partial buy even if you already have the girl might be worth it for the XP alone, with gradual unlocks like that.

You might also have people who forgot to claim the legendary contest reward to get all the girl shards as well i remember seeing a few of them on the forum at least when they changed contests not sure if they wrote a ticket to support to get the girl.
because they are deleted when not claimed in time so you have people that should have the girl that did not finish her due to old contests being deleted instead of auto claimed.

• Like 1

Good point. And support typically says no to this type of request. There's always the real-money catch-up mechanic of buying a monthly card after the fact in those cases, which works retroactively, but of course that requires real money to spend.

• Like 1

il y a 2 minutes, DvDivXXX a dit :

There's always the real-money catch-up mechanic of buying a monthly card after the fact in those cases, which works retroactively, but of course that requires real money to spend.

Does that work for LC and Daily Contest rewards as well?

• Like 1
  • Surprised :O 1

13 minutes ago, Liliat said:

Does that work for LC and Daily Contest rewards as well?

Damn, I was half-sure I heard someone test it and it worked, but now reading the recently updated description including PoV and even PoG but not LC, I'm not so sure anymore... Maybe not.

• Like 1

Just now, DvDivXXX said:

Damn, I was half-sure I heard someone test it and it worked, but now reading the recently updated description including PoV and even PoG but not LC, I'm not so sure anymore... Maybe not.

Just means it must be deleted if they do not let monthly card claim contest rewards that expire so even paying players can be stung by not claiming contest rewards.

• Like 2

Can confirm that having a monthly card (silver & plat) does not autoclaim LCs after all twenty-one days have passed. LC goes straight into the void.

While the early ones give 1 ep orb in place of x20 shards, or 2 ep orbs on the paid path, wonder if that's consistent or the reward scales higher at the very end like more singles or even a x10 or draft as a surprise especially on the paid path. That's perhaps wishful thinking to at least take some sting out of the 6K koban price tag.

• Thanks 2

To those who have complained about the cost of the paid objective, this is par for the course for HH and has been a trend for some time in an insatiable quest to derive us, the long-suffering players, of our kobans.

This part of the game seems a mere extension of the Daily Goals.  The only time this bugs me is when the legendary option for Daily Goals is getting a new girl.  Except for this time around I've always got my timing wrong.  I believe we are given enough time to complete the tasks, so that is a good thing.  We also have to balance the requirement for PoA for tasks in the right order with completing the daily goals.  Most of the time, both can be accommodated within the day needed to complete the goals, but the task that always slows me down is the champion performances.  Because I'm perennially short of kobans I need to let natural recharges to take their course and that comes with an elapsed time penalty.

On a more positive note, in the test server I managed to obtain Filya since she was already on 50 shards at the start.  Oh man, she is my honey - imo the most natural beauty presented on HH: a natural redhead (that HH says is orange - in correct anime terminology I guess), alabaster pale skin with a flush of red (either from blushing or maybe a little sunburn) even freckles in the right places on the face and shoulders.  Green eyes that many of the most beautiful redheads have.  Her breasts are also natural (if large) by the way they profile without the 'buoyancy' of silicone.  I feel I could reach in and kiss her!

She also has a feminine body to die for.  I always wanted to get her but I wised up to what was then a new contest rather too late and didn't make the effort needed to get her.  The 50 shards I got on my test account was a complete fluke.  Thank you, HH, for giving members another (and realistic) chance to obtain her.

• Like 2

13 ore fa, Harelielle ha scritto:

While the early ones give 1 ep orb in place of x20 shards, or 2 ep orbs on the paid path, wonder if that's consistent or the reward scales higher at the very end like more singles or even a x10 or draft as a surprise especially on the paid path. That's perhaps wishful thinking to at least take some sting out of the 6K koban price tag.

Is this a fact or just wishful thinking as for the epx10 orb?

Edited by Antimon

By inertia, I immediately paid 1000 kobans (Nutaku), without first looking at the value of the awards. Was greatly disappointed by their scarcity. In PoV, they are much more valuable. So next time I will not buy a paid route, especially since I already have all the girls from the Legendary contests.
1 epic orb (2 for a paid path?) instead of 20 shards of an existing girl, in my opinion, is not a very adequate replacement. It would be better if just shards were given, which would be replaced with gifts for girls according to the standard scheme. In the current PoV, this would be relevant :). Or there would be a more suitable by value replacement.

Edited by Master-17

22 hours ago, Harelielle said:

"in the koban path the replacement rewards are 2 x Epic Orbs so a total of 10 (in the free path are x1)" - Head of game design

Very wishful thinking, I'm afraid.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Let us be happy, as otherwise usual to get flowers for shards...So EO is better when you have the girl. But what if i have 75 shards for a girl, then i need 1x 20 and then 5 shards. Do I then get the rest 15 as flowers? So we have a lot of questions for the future.

10 hours ago, Madman65432 said:

But what if i have 75 shards for a girl, then i need 1x 20 and then 5 shards. Do I then get the rest 15 as flowers? So we have a lot of questions for the future.

I can't check this, because I have these girls, but according to the mechanics, as soon as you get a reward with shards, you get all 20 of them. If you do not have enough to 100 - you get 20 shards, if you have more than 100 (i.e. you have a girl) then you get epic orbs. And then the extra shards are converted into flowers.

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2022 at 3:52 AM, Liliat said:

Since we have 2 revivals per month and 1 new girl every month, it will take 18~20 months to complete a full cycle of revivals. I expect girls to be revived again at this point - hopefully with an alternating cycle; i.e. even girls on the free path and odd girls on the paid path. That's a very wild guess, but I'll take my chances :) So I'll just wait for their 2nd revival and then I'll decide if they're worth the high cost.

On 5/20/2022 at 8:40 AM, DvDivXXX said:

More than that I think. 2 revivals per 5 weeks. So a bit under 21 revivals per year, while we get 12 new LC girls.

I charted out the future of the PoG.  I noticed that the time gap is exactly 1 year between this next July 19th's LC 26 girl's appearance and reappearance.  If we continue getting an LC girl every 19th of the month, and a PoG occurs every 35 days, then by the time we get to LC 40, on 9/19/2023, her PoG will happen just 6 months later.  Then, LC 54's PoG would occur just ~1 day after the LC.   That should occur around Christmas 2024.  A PoG happening the day after that girl's LC is a little ridiculous, so maybe they'll change it up before then. They'd run out of LC girls to reuse & PoG would likely begin to repeat girls.  An alternating order would make sense.

PoG.png.c588f41afdd92ef7d09c8517f7359853.png1754279597_LCPoGTimeGap.thumb.png.bed39c12f930c208350c6af1d2596dd9.png

Edit: I added 7 hours to the LC dates, matching the PoG dates, so that the time gap (days) became whole numbers.

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ravi-Sama said:

They'd run out of LC girls to reuse & PoG would likely begin to repeat girls.  An alternating order would make sense.

Or they might just start pulling L5 girls from another area of the game, such as Leagues or Boss Bang. At that point there will be a number of newer players who don't have the earlier girls from those events, just like the newer players right now (🙋‍♂️) can use PoG to get the earlier LC girls they don't have. That would seem to make more sense than repeating the same girls, although I admittedly haven't been playing very long so I'm less familiar with how things have been done previously than longer term players.

• Like 3

They can also re-revive girls. The typical way is to bring back girls approximately once a year, but for MDR, CbC and PoG, since these are relatively recent revival events, we don't know how they will be handled yet.

I'm pretty sure even KK haven't completely figured it out, yet.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Julius Fox said:

Or they might just start pulling L5 girls from another area of the game, such as Leagues or Boss Bang.

Totally possible.  I'd prefer if they added non-LC girls, like from Legendary Days, which they admitted would no longer get added to the Mythic Pachinko.  That might be their plan for the LD girls already.  I have all of the LC girls, and don't think I would ever miss getting one, so atm PoG is just some extra free items, that I don't care about.

7 hours ago, Liliat said:

They can also re-revive girls.

I feel that reviving in alternating order makes sense, but is wishful thinking.  Since, there'd be the chance to get every LC girl from PoG for free, and newer players that paid the 5.4k-6k kos, for one of the earlier L5s, would feel cheated.  Not knowing their "premium" LC L5 girl was going to return for free again later.  If it repeats LC girls, I think the same premium girls, would still be premium. 

I have all of the LC girls, but I fully expect to eventually spend 5.4k kobans on some LD girls, just b/c I'm missing a few of them.  It would just be for collection's sake.  By then, I'd probably have 3 of each mythic element maxed out to lvl 750,... or 1000 😆, who knows?  They'd run out of LC girls ~2.37 years from now, (28 new mythic girls, 48 total).  If the LD girls after Sai aren't getting added to the MP, then PoG makes sense.

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 3

In any case, you won't see a girl getting a revival that shortly after her original event. It's very likely revivals will start a new cycle once they're done with the current batch, and one of the easy ways to do that is to start all over again and only reviving more recent girls at the end of the second cycle.

I won't cite any specific TV channel, but I'm fairly sure this must be a widespread pattern across the globe. You know, when a channel has the rights to (re-)run a show, but to make it last as long as humanly possible, they broadcast Season 1, then they start over and this time they give you Season 1 and 2, and so on. Back in the 90s and early 00s, some French channels routinely did that with a number of very old US shows (notably Little House on the Prairie) and some japanime series (like DBZ) to the point that I only got to see the final season of some many many years after losing interest in the show. But Season 1 of any of these? I never want to see any of those episodes ever again. ^^

• Haha 4