[Lag] Search Function - Please let us type THEN search (Pressing ENTER)

DvDivXXX

Hey, folks.

Small suggestion that I've been meaning to make for awhile. Could we please get a search feature that works like most search features anywhere instead of the laggy and impractical one we currently have? One simple change would go a long way.

image.png

In its current form, this feature is loading and lagging as you type and, if you make one typo and remove the extra letter, that's a lot of extra load we could easily avoid. Just make the little icon on the right clickable, and change it so that the feature only starts searching once we tell it to (by clicking the icon or typing ENTER for instance).

Now: I type "bunny". The feature starts loading every girl with a b, then every girl with "bu", then every girl with "bun", then every girl with "bunB" because I accidentally pressed B instead of N, then it searches for every girl with "bun" AGAIN as I tediously fight the constant lag to remove the typo, and so on...

With my suggestion: I type "bunny". Nothing happens, no lag, no hassle. I made a typo? I can fix it as easily as if I was typing anywhere in a chat or forum, without launching a whole new and utterly unnecessary search every time I change one letter. When I'm done typing what I actually want to search for, I press Enter (or click on the magnifying glass icon) once. ONE search occurs, the one I wanted to make.

Cheers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Hearts 2

Alternatively, add a debounce delay so that a search doesn't happen until a user has stopped typing for, say, 200ms (normal user typing speed) so that it still feels quick and intuitive but isn't doing a ton of unnecessary searches.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It always felt to me that the harem part always seemed to be made bad on purpose just to get people to buy monthly card in order not to go there i would like them to make a new one with your ideas 

a second server separate from the main server for harem searches should be linked to it to make it lag free as well to many events and new game features makes the server lag as well.

Edited by natstar
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, natstar said:

It always felt to me that the harem part always seemed to be made bad on purpose just to get people to buy monthly card in order not to go there

Nah, they just made it quick and dirty from the start, stopping at a bare minimum of "it technically works". And they never spent the time and efforts needed to really rethink it and rework it from the ground up with ease of use and enjoyability in mind. Of course it's still a chore to go through, even with the reduced base lag for just loading the page and with the laggy filter they've added. But I'm willing to bet a MAJORITY of players would like or even love to visit it, maybe even fairly frequently, if it worked smoothly and intuitively (with "watching the pretty pictures I want to watch" in mind, rather than "let's scroll up and down and tediously search and go back and forth between different menus with tons of lag"). I for one definitely would visit it more if it wasn't still such a messy feature.

What really sucks is that since all the other Kinkoid games at this time (not counting the abandoned HCL or other scrapped projects) are mechanically reskins of HH (most of them only partial and not yet functional, maybe never for stuff like HoH), they all share at least the very very basic features, including the Harem and Market. So taking the time and resources to rebuild an actually useful and enjoyable Harem section (along with simplifying processes like Upgrading a girl, removing the tedious back and forth between boring clicks and accountant work at the Market and supposed sexy fun time at the Harem) would benefit not one, not two, but at the very least their FOUR main actively updated games (HH, GH, CxH and now PSH). So to say it would be worth doing (the right way) would be quite an understatement.

• Like 3

And I would also suggest (in order not to create a separate topic) the possibility of sorting not only in descending order, but also in ascending order for levels, grades, etc. It is sometimes convenient to start from low levels right away in order to know what will be more useful in leveling contests.

• Like 5