Max level 500

JonJ

Hi so i have reached the vaulted heights of 500, which I am gathering is as far as it goes, doesn't this make earning XP points kinda meaningless now? Cant upgrade Hardcore Charm etc in the market and the XP rewards for Leagues and Story aren't worth anything??

Well, that's the definition of a "Max level", isn't it? :)

XP is still useful for contests. Also, I believe you keep accumulating XP, so if/when level 600 is released, you'll immediately gain additional levels.

• Like 1

I understand "max level" but as so many rewards are tied to XP, even without a new "max" I would have thought some way of rewarding continued XP growth would be possible, also as I could find no discussions about this on the forum, by raising it, I was seeing the amount of interest and possibly a nudge to kinkoid to change the policy. 😉

And how do I increase my other stats, Hardcore, Charm Attack Power, Ego etc? I am stuck on the Pantheon's Stairway at Temple 1400?? Because the Temple is way above me across the board?

Edited by JonJ

1 hour ago, JonJ said:

I could find no discussions about this on the forum, by raising it, I was seeing the amount of interest and possibly a nudge to kinkoid to change the policy.

We did discuss it on the forum over two years ago when a player reached 499. Some were for raising the cap and some were against. Ultimately, KK decided to kick the bucket down the road. With so many players at 500 now, I think KK will raise the cap in near future. I just hope that I can get there before they do.

1 hour ago, JonJ said:

I would have thought some way of rewarding continued XP growth would be possible

As @Liliat said, you are not losing the XP rewards, you just won't see it until they move the cap.

1 hour ago, JonJ said:

And how do I increase my other stats, Hardcore, Charm Attack Power, Ego etc? I am stuck on the Pantheon's Stairway at Temple 1400?? Because the Temple is way above me across the board?

Player stat is only one part of the equation. A strong team can get you through Pantheon at least for temple 1400. I got through it with a team of 650 when I was under 470 with no mythic booster.

Edit: found the link

Edited by Methos2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JonJ said:

OK, yes I realise the team also contributes, thanks

There's a lot more than that to XP even once you're reached the Max Level (and I for one really hope they don't make the same mistake again now that all the XP rewards they've added finally make up for the one they did years ago by raising the max player level so high to begin with).

An upcoming feature that's been previewed and voted in a relatively recent survey will be entirely based on earning XP to get points for a brand-new and additional skill tree, basically. I'd rather not say too much just in case, so I'll stick to common knowledge, but from what I've gathered behind the scenes, even though we'll get points retroactively for all the XP we accumulated in the past, even for a (Edit: recent) Level 500 player that won't be nearly enough to unlock all the skills (people who have been level 500 for a year or more will have a head start in that next race). So that's yet another direct benefit from still gathering XP for your hero.

And the team doesn't "also contribute", girl level is more impactful than player level now. They rise all the way to level 750, while your hero stops at 500 (which is a good thing for how PvP was designed in this game). So no, you won't keep raising your hero's base stats. They're insanely high as they are. And you won't get higher level equipment either (wink wink rarity on the other hand...). Tons of other things already improve your overall power far beyond just what your hero provides, and more things will keep being added in that direction. There are also weekly blessings that can dramatically change what's powerful and how powerful it is on a weekly basis. The playing field is more diverse now and more things need to be taken into account in your strategy. They've slowly but surely moved away from the atrocious "older account wins" system they had for the first 3-4 years (even if P2W reared its ugly head in the process, but no power is actually locked for F2P, it's just harder and takes longer, as it should).

As for Pantheon, there's a dedicated thread to that. It's an extremely hard challenge and you need a hell of a lot more than just max player level to break through each wall past 1200 or so. Only a handful of players have even reached the final stage yet. I've been stuck at 1700 for a couple of months myself.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1