Market Bugs (Mobile-Specific Issues)

Antimon

Hey there.

Since yesterday patch (wednesday 16th of June), I'm having some issues using the market on my phone browser (I wasn't able to test if the problem exists in pc browser or in app, too).

The problem is: every time I complete an action, I have to "reposition the selection" in order to complete the very same action again.

I'll elaborate better by telling you exactly what I observed:

- after buying one xp book or one gift, the selection on the purchasable articles dissappears, and the "buy" button becomes inactive and gray. In order to buy the next available article, I have to reselect it every time

- after giving a book or a gift to a girl, the selection pass to the very first type of books/gifts (I mean, I select the legendary book that gives 2500xp point to the girl and press the offer button, it gives her the 2500xp points and that's ok. Then, If I press offer again without reselecting the legendary book, it will use the little common book that gives 4xp points. The same happens with gifts)

- after equipping a booster, by pressing equip again, it does not equip the same booster I firstly selected, but it equips the first piece of equipment in my inventory (I equipped one legendary ginseng root and press equip again in order to activate a second one, but instead of activating a second ginseng root, pressing again equip button in the booster menu without reselecting the booster would change my rainbow-stat head equipment with my mono-hardcore-stat one, and contuing in pressing the equip button would only mean continuing switching those two pieces of equipment)

Edited by DvDivXXX
Mod edit: added information
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just tried on my pc browser and there's no problem there. Checked back again on the phone browser, and there the buying and offering issues still remains (couldn't test the booster part, since I already activated three)

Sounds annoying. I experienced basically the same issue on my PC at least a couple of times over the years (I think I was using FF back then). It went away on its own each time, and I always assumed it was isolated since there were no waves of complaints about it.

I'm taking you've already tried the usual empty cache, delete cookies, change browser etc.? You could try the mobile app and/or sending a support ticket.

• Like 1

53 minuti fa, DvDivXXX ha scritto:

Sounds annoying. I experienced basically the same issue on my PC at least a couple of times over the years (I think I was using FF back then). It went away on its own each time, and I always assumed it was isolated since there were no waves of complaints about it.

I'm taking you've already tried the usual empty cache, delete cookies, change browser etc.? You could try the mobile app and/or sending a support ticket.

Yep, already done all of that, minus the support ticket, which I'll send right away.

In the meanwhile I asked a couple of my clubmates to double check as well, too, and their results were the same as mine: no problem on the pc browser, same problems I had on the phone browser (no one checked the app, though).

It's not a major issue that makes the game unplayable, it's just really annoying (even more considering that I use my phone to play only when I cannot use my computer)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Antimon said:

no one checked the app, though).

Someone summoned me ? 

I can tell that on the app (i just checked) I'm having the same issue: i have to reselect everytime plus the list of my equipments goes back to the beginning every item sold. To resume in 3 word: a true hell. I'll ping you too @DvDivXXX, since you wanted to know about the app. Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If my experence serves you, when playing in firefox in PC when I load the market if I go to the books or gifts section and try to select inmediately any book to buy, it usually don't work and most times it loses the focus until I wait some seconds to allow the window to finish charging all elements in the background and allows me to select it again.

I think that is related to the section showing the girls icons that needs some seconds to parse through the 1100+ girls images. After 5-10 seconds, all elements are downloaded and charged in the browser window, ant it works smoothly as expected.

Also don't neglect the influence of the HH+ script in increasing the page charging time.

• Like 1

Okay, so basically... Something in the latest patch must have made the game load in a weirder and somewhat slower way for a number of things, but on mobile devices specifically. And so specifically mobile devices that it has the same effect on those using the actual mobile app and those playing the game on their phone using a web browser.

Well, sounds worth escalating. @Noacc? I'll check on Discord tomorrow. Thanks for the info, and compassion for the inconvenience, folks.

• Like 1
  • Hearts 3

8 ore fa, Xemnas ha scritto:

Someone summoned me ? 

I can tell that on the app (i just checked) I'm having the same issue: i have to reselect everytime plus the list of my equipments goes back to the beginning every item sold. To resume in 3 word: a true hell. I'll ping you too @DvDivXXX, since you wanted to know about the app. Cheers

Yep I totally forgot about the selling issues you're reporting, but yeah, been there, felt that, what a joy. Thank you for checking on the app, too.

5 ore fa, jelom ha scritto:

If my experence serves you, when playing in firefox in PC when I load the market if I go to the books or gifts section and try to select inmediately any book to buy, it usually don't work and most times it loses the focus until I wait some seconds to allow the window to finish charging all elements in the background and allows me to select it again.

I think that is related to the section showing the girls icons that needs some seconds to parse through the 1100+ girls images. After 5-10 seconds, all elements are downloaded and charged in the browser window, ant it works smoothly as expected.

Also don't neglect the influence of the HH+ script in increasing the page charging time.

The point is, I don't think I'm using firefox (I mean, I'm using my phone browser, firefox is another app), I do not have the HH+ script, I'm not doing anything different from what I did the other past times I had to use my phone browser, and I'm afraid that waiting doesn't anything to solve the problem, but I'll try that right away.

EDIT: aaaand waiting changes nothing

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 3

Sorry for the double post, but while I was refreshing my boosters I encounterd a "new" issue. I mean, it probably is the same, but it is different: instead of switching the first equipment in my inventory list (like it did yesterday), it kept popping up the awakening menu for Bunny. 

Right before refreshing my boosters I bought the xp books, so the new redirection to the awakening menu as if I offered books to my currently level-capped Bunny felt... suspicious...? Right now I do not know how to explain myself better. I should probably go to sleep 😅

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

That's not the case for me and I haven't seen any other mention of this specific bug anywhere else.

Please send a ticket through Main Menu -> Settings -> Support -> Create a new ticket. Provide your screenshots and as many relevant details as needed to describe your issue: what happens, when, how, for how long or how often, etc.  (and also what device you play on, what browser etc.). Cheers.

• Like 2

• DvDivXXX changed the title to Bug in market (Isolated Case)

That is the same issue others have noticed since the phone market bug appeared this happens me to when playing on a phone works perfectly fine on the computor though it seems so far to only affect the game on phones

Edited by Rylarth
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2022 at 3:41 PM, Xemnas said:

Someone summoned me ? 

• Thanks 1

Same here for about a week maybe. I'm playing on a laptop btw.

I agree with Xemnas - it's quite unnerving and I had many misclicks due to this bug. But I've been too lazy to send a ticket, so I can't really complain. ;)
(I blame the weather; it's too hot to think straight here)

• Like 1

• DvDivXXX changed the title to Market Bugs (Mobile-Specific Issues)

Entering now the third week in which I have to play mostly on my phone while dealing with these market bugs, I feel I have to recant my previous statement

Il 16/6/2022 in 13:06 , Antimon ha scritto:

It's not a major issue that makes the game unplayable, it's just really annoying

and align more with what @Xemnas said: they make playing the game a hell of an experience. In order to preserve what remains of my sanity, In the past few days I have found myself in the position of preferring not to open the market at all 😅

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, Antimon said:

found myself in the position of preferring not to open the market at all

Maybe is because the market rework is "very close" that nothing is happening: Why do we waste time fixing something that is going to change soon? That could be a reason... At least is what (at this point) i prefer to think. 

Also because we need a better market very bad, imo. Something like: more items displayed, a dedicated kobans items place (like a "clone" market but only with kobans items and not everything togheter), a way to compare better our equip (maybe even a auto optimize in different ways (balanced,class...)), a filter..... and there would be many more things that i would love to see.

For now i'll bear this suffering and i'll try to do what i can with the things i have :)

P.s if is going to happen KK, please do not make our sellers retire like the judges: I kinda grew affection for them, i gave em names too (Cid, Chen, Jack and Susie) XD just give them a "new job"

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2022 at 10:12 AM, DvDivXXX said:

@Master-17 Is that also the case in grid view? (I haven't seen the line view being used in awhile).

Sorry. I don't understand what you mean

---

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this problem before or not, and if it's a problem for everyone playing on a mobile browser or just me. The problem is this: from time to time the lower part of the screen stops responding to clicks, despite the fact that it is quite working, as if it were closed by an invisible frame. In this case, it is enough to move the page up and return to the same place and all elements become clickable again. This has never happened with any other game or site. And as far as I remember - the same problem was with CxH (then I stopped playing it)

Edited by Master-17
Added a bug report

1 hour ago, Master-17 said:

Sorry. I don't understand what you mean

image.png

Your screenshot shows the Line view, which seldom anyone I know ever uses, so I'm asking if the issue you mentioned has to do with that or if you also get it with the Grid view most long-time players use.

51 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Your screenshot shows the Line view, which seldom anyone I know ever uses, so I'm asking if the issue you mentioned has to do with that or if you also get it with the Grid view most long-time players use.

OK, got it. With the Grid view the problem doesn't go away.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2022 at 4:09 AM, Antimon said:

- after buying one xp book or one gift, the selection on the purchasable articles dissappears, and the "buy" button becomes inactive and gray. In order to buy the next available article, I have to reselect it every time

I don't know if this helps anyone (maybe KK is watching?) but I noticed that I can reproduce this behavior reliably (on a PC, no scripts) if I drag the item e.g. move it slightly same as if moving  buy to sell but that's not the intent (vs just selecting the item where it doesn't occur).  Hopefully that makes sense, it's sort of hard to describe without a video.  In my mind this would explain why more people see it on mobile maybe every time (expecting mobile devices are more sensitive to dragging).

If you pay attention that you accidentally "dragged" something, you can just click (not drag) again and for me that then works without issue.  Unfortunately going slow in this manner is almost the same speed as reselecting the item available to buy (at least on PC) additionally requiring you to remember this bug and pay attention.

- after giving a book or a gift to a girl, the selection pass to the very first type of books/gifts (I mean, I select the legendary book that gives 2500xp point to the girl and press the offer button, it gives her the 2500xp points and that's ok. Then, If I press offer again without reselecting the legendary book, it will use the little common book that gives 4xp points. The same happens with gifts)

I've also noticed that for this behavior if you select for example a legendary book or gift, _don't spend it_, then select "drag" another (e.g. epic) book or gift, it will not go to the common item as stated, it'll go to the item you first selected (the legendary one in my example above).  I noticed this after realizing the legendary was more than I needed, "drag" clicking (inadvertantly), then having it "reset" to legendary again.  Sadly I accidentally spent the legendary because of this behavior.  Luckily it was not maxxed affection so not a total waste but worth caution.
The "common" scenario described is more common probably because of clicking what is need vs comparing (at least for me anyway).
After understanding how this is broken, I suspect it goes to the small book because it's the first on your list (e.g. you hadn't selected anything else first) which is where the selector is when you first load the market.

There may be other ways to get this to occur but thought I might share my findings which should be reproducable, or at least are for me.

If they disabled the drag, IMO, that'd be a fine "fix" for me, as I've never used it (maybe mobile users do=)).  I spent some time mulling why it was even enabled before I realized you could drag from buy to owned (and vice versa).

Edited by jpanda
clarified I'm using a PC & no scripts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1