Market Bugs (Mobile-Specific Issues)

Antimon

Hmm, the market bug (or bugs? maybe there is more than one) just got even more annoying for me.

I found out that the ''cursor jumps back to the first item'' problem usually happens to me when the market screen hasn't fully loaded. So the easy fix was to wait a few seconds longer before I did anything.

But two days ago I noticed a new quirk. When I go to the boosters tab and try to equip a booster, the cursor sometimes seems to jump back (or probably still is there) to the first equipment item in my inventory and I equip it. Unknowingly. Because there is no visual cue. Probably also works with the books/gifts tabs.

The first time this happened, I thought I've made an error I just can't remember. But today it was very clear that it wasn't just a funny misclick. I was puzzled as to why my character stats weren't as high as they used to be and tried to find out if something was wrong with one of the boosters. Until I saw that I've accidentally equipped weak clothing stuff again.

Edited by Moonlynx
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Surprised :O 1

57 minutes ago, Moonlynx said:

Until I saw that I've accidentally equipped weak clothing stuff again.

Ahh this explains what happened to me the other day. I was in Leagues and all the sudden I noticed my stats had gone down and I couldn't figure out why. My team hadn't changed, my same boosters were still active, etc. I was starting to think I was just losing my mind a little bit and then I went to the market and noticed that I had some random ass "epic" piece of clothing equipped that I definitely hadn't knowingly equipped. It must have been the same thing you described. 😞

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Il 17/7/2022 in 20:21 , jpanda ha scritto:

I don't know if this helps anyone (maybe KK is watching?) but I noticed that I can reproduce this behavior reliably (on a PC, no scripts) if I drag the item e.g. move it slightly same as if moving  buy to sell but that's not the intent (vs just selecting the item where it doesn't occur).  Hopefully that makes sense, it's sort of hard to describe without a video.  In my mind this would explain why more people see it on mobile maybe every time (expecting mobile devices are more sensitive to dragging).

If you pay attention that you accidentally "dragged" something, you can just click (not drag) again and for me that then works without issue.  Unfortunately going slow in this manner is almost the same speed as reselecting the item available to buy (at least on PC) additionally requiring you to remember this bug and pay attention.

I've also noticed that for this behavior if you select for example a legendary book or gift, _don't spend it_, then select "drag" another (e.g. epic) book or gift, it will not go to the common item as stated, it'll go to the item you first selected (the legendary one in my example above).  I noticed this after realizing the legendary was more than I needed, "drag" clicking (inadvertantly), then having it "reset" to legendary again.  Sadly I accidentally spent the legendary because of this behavior.  Luckily it was not maxxed affection so not a total waste but worth caution.
The "common" scenario described is more common probably because of clicking what is need vs comparing (at least for me anyway).
After understanding how this is broken, I suspect it goes to the small book because it's the first on your list (e.g. you hadn't selected anything else first) which is where the selector is when you first load the market.

There may be other ways to get this to occur but thought I might share my findings which should be reproducable, or at least are for me.

If they disabled the drag, IMO, that'd be a fine "fix" for me, as I've never used it (maybe mobile users do=)).  I spent some time mulling why it was even enabled before I realized you could drag from buy to owned (and vice versa).

I'm afraid the phone browser issue is something different. I noticed, too, that by doing something on pc sometimes I would get a similar problem of the dissappearing cursor, but I wasn't meticolous enough to discover/understand that it was due to an accidental dragging action.

That said, I do not use the drag feature voluntarily on phone (and again, I played on my phone browser several other times, before starting to encouter these series of extremely annoying issues, that were a novelty, hence my post here in the bug report section). I tried to repeat this drag feat on my phone to try and use to my advantage (having the reselection shifted to the book I really want to use in bulk and not the little common one would be a great improvement), but it ended with no result: it let me use one book, and then it shifts back to the 4xp point one.

It is kind of exhausting, I must say

5 ore fa, Moonlynx ha scritto:

Hmm, the market bug (or bugs? maybe there is more than one) just got even more annoying for me.

I found out that the ''cursor jumps back to the first item'' problem usually happens to me when the market screen hasn't fully loaded. So the easy fix was to wait a few seconds longer before I did anything.

But two days ago I noticed a new quirk. When I go to the boosters tab and try to equip a booster, the cursor sometimes seems to jump back (or probably still is there) to the first equipment item in my inventory and I equip it. Unknowingly. Because there is no visual cue. Probably also works with the books/gifts tabs.

The first time this happened, I thought I've made an error I just can't remember. But today it was very clear that it wasn't just a funny misclick. I was puzzled as to why my character stats weren't as high as they used to be and tried to find out if something was wrong with one of the boosters. Until I saw that I've accidentally equipped weak clothing stuff again.

Unfortunately, this is something that it is there from the beginning of these phone market issue, as you can read in my opening:

Il 16/6/2022 in 10:09 , Antimon ha scritto:

- after equipping a booster, by pressing equip again, it does not equip the same booster I firstly selected, but it equips the first piece of equipment in my inventory (I equipped one legendary ginseng root and press equip again in order to activate a second one, but instead of activating a second ginseng root, pressing again equip button in the booster menu without reselecting the booster would change my rainbow-stat head equipment with my mono-hardcore-stat one, and contuing in pressing the equip button would only mean continuing switching those two pieces of equipment)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Antimon said:

Unfortunately, this is something that it is there from the beginning of these phone market issue, as you can read in my opening

Ah, sorry. I must have forgotten about this. Good to know that this isn't new. Strange that I have experienced this part of the market bug only now, though. 🤔

7 minuti fa, Moonlynx ha scritto:

Ah, sorry. I must have forgotten about this. Good to know that this isn't new. Strange that I have experienced this part of the market bug only now, though. 🤔

Maybe you have been lucky until now XD with the booster section other than this that switches my equipment I had another "bug variant", too, that instead of switching my equipments it would try to offer xp books to Bunny, ending in opening the awakening menu for her 😅

• Like 1

@jpanda, I think I must correct myself. The dragging is indeed great part of the problem.

The point is, selecting *anything* in the market on phone browser triggers an annoying and exaggerated dragging animation, that leads inevitably to the problems we've been having on phones for six weeks, now

I realized that 'cause today I was lucky enough to touch, while selecting xp book to buy, the exact single pixel that does NOT triggers the drag animation, and I was able to buy all seven the books without having to reselect any of them. I tried to repeat the feat on affection items, and I managed to achieve the result, but it took me way longer to find the sweet spot of "selection without drag action" than what it would take me to buy the 7 item reselecting them one by one.

After that I tried again on books, gifts, equipments and booster in my storage, But I do not know why, for items in storage is even more difficult to select them without causing an autonomous drag animation, I managed to do so only once, after 5 minutes of trying, and after that I wasn't able to repeat the feat no matter how hard I tried.

The most curious part remains the booster page bug, though. Using/selling equipments, books and gifts after a "drag selection" cause the redirection of the cursor to the very first item of the same menu (the first equip, the first xp book, the first affection gift you have in your inventory). With boosters the redirection goes to completely different menus (as I already said, I had a redirection to the equipment menu, that caused, by pressing the equip button in the booster page, to equip my first piece of equipment in inventory, and I had a redirection even to the xp books menu, that caused, by pressing the equip button in the booster page, to open the awakening menu for Bunny)

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 2

the exact single pixel that does NOT triggers the drag animation

Maybe it's specifically in your phone or browser, I do not exclude such a possibility, but most likely it's in your fingers, because I tried it on my smartphone and each click on the items led to a click, and not a "drag and drop" activation.

• Hug 1

7 ore fa, Master-17 ha scritto:

Maybe it's specifically in your phone or browser, I do not exclude such a possibility, but most likely it's in your fingers, because I tried it on my smartphone and each click on the items led to a click, and not a "drag and drop" activation.

I do not know what to say. I played on my phone severel other times before th 16th of June. I did not changed my phone, I did not changed the browser I use, and I did not changed the way I use the browser (or my fingers). This hell, on the contrary, is a novelty I'd have gladly avoided to meet, and that affects other people too, apparently, both on browser and on app.

The problem is not the my touch does not end up on a click, but that after the touch (and the drag and drop animation) I can buy the single item i selected (and not spamming the buy button), or use a single book/gift (and not in bulk of the same type). If this does never happen to you, would you share what phone browser do you use, or some other tips? I'm very open to suggestions

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Antimon said:

I'm very open to suggestions

Are you already using the script with Drag & Drop turned off? That fixes it, if only temporarily and by brute force.

It's clear that this is a bug for many mobile users who play the game as is, no question about that. But until Kinkoid actually fixes it, as always, the community script has your back. 

--------

15 hours ago, Master-17 said:

You must have been tired when writing this. "I don't have this issue so it doesn't exist" seems beneath you in terms of brain power.

45 minuti fa, DvDivXXX ha scritto:

Are you already using the script with Drag & Drop turned off? That fixes it, if only temporarily and by brute force.

Does the script works on phone, too? I honestly thought it was a computer thing only.

It should work on most browsers that support extensions. The script uses the same technology as the game itself, so it should be wildly compatible. And if you play with a browser (not with the game App), then extensions are likely supported as well.

• Thanks 2

Does the script works on phone, too? I honestly thought it was a computer thing only.

Yes, 100%. Can't guarantee it works with the mobile app proper, but every mobile player I've ever known who tried both prefers using a browser on their phone anyway. The script even has multiple mobile-specific options.

image.png

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I have tried that in mobile (Android with Kiwi browser and the script option of disabling drag and drop in market) and it has the same problem, even if it doesn't move when I select it, it doesn't keep the focus after I buy the item. A bit frustrating having to select items after each buy or sell, it is almost better dragging them around.

As Antimon said, perhaps you have to find the exact pixel that don't drag the item.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, jelom said:

Kiwi browser

That's not an officially supported browser for the game, so maybe with Chrome or Firefox it might work better? It's a long shot, though, and beyond that I'm out of workaround ideas. Thanks for sharing, sorry to hear that (most likely) won't work. (Still, just for due diligence, someone please try it with Chrome or a fully supported browser, you never know?).

I tried with firefox in mobile, and it seems it is not plagued with the market bug, but unfortunately firefox in android don't support actually any script manager extension, so not an option for now. Kiwi in the contrary fully support extensions and except for this problem is perfect to play the game.

• Like 2