Chat Server disconnection alert

JustVisitingReborn

For the love of whatever you believe in, can someone please do something about the Chat Server disconnection alert:

image.thumb.png.68bddf53e094e78bad0070efbb708ca1.png

Since the update on the 22/06 it is appearing every few seconds (literally) when I have the game open on my laptop and phone browser at the same time. Not only is this so irritating that if I wasn't so invested in this game already I'd stop playing, but it's entirely redundant as you can't access the chat from mobile browser anyway (I don't know about the app - I wouldn't have the Nutaku app on my phone tbh). On top of this, if you don't dismiss it immediately it locks in place and can't be dismissed by the 'x', forcing a complete reload of the page.

If we really have to retain this alert - which personally I really don't care about and I can't imagine is critical information to many players - can we pair it back to once an hour?

*rant over*

Edited by JustVisitingReborn
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, JustVisitingReborn said:

it is appearing every few seconds (literally) when I have the game open on my laptop and phone browser at the same time

Maybe you just shouldn't do it? And open the game on only one device at a time?

• Like 1
  • Hug 1

@JustVisitingReborn Jelom must have forgotten you play on Nutaku. This also means that this issue might be Nutaku specific.

I actually agree with M-17, here. What benefit do you get from opening the game on two devices instead of just using an extra tab in the same browser on one device? Seems like this would be impractical and slow even if you didn't get the chat popup.

19 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I actually agree with M-17, here. What benefit do you get from opening the game on two devices instead of just using an extra tab in the same browser on one device? Seems like this would be impractical and slow even if you didn't get the chat popup.

Work environment. I have a very flexible job where I am effectively my own boss, but move quickly between my laptop and mobile device for both practical work reasons and because, frankly, this game is not something that I would share with people who know me either personally or professionally. I realise some have a more enlightened attitudes today. I'm not there at this point. So I have the game open on my laptop effectively all of the time, just off on some tabs out of sight. And when I have to leave the laptop - or can't access the game on the laptop due to other people around me - but still have timings I have to hit, I use mobile which can be dealt with discretely without issue.

Besides this, closing down the browser window on each device after every use, only to reopen it shortly afterwards when I next need to use the device would be insanely annoying.

I do appreciate the suggestion, but I would also point out that KK are pushing for higher and higher levels of user engagement. To contend seriously you need to be able to check in frequently over the day. I would be very surprised if I'm the only one who switches between devices frequently for practical and discretionary reasons......

• Like 1

Try this:

- Right click anywhere

- This frame > Display this frame only

(Actual steps/phrasing might be slightly different based on browser/language, obviously :) )

The main page is the chat, and the actual game is displayed in a frame behind the chat. If you load the main game frame only, you won't have access to the chat - and you will skip this annoying warning (Which I also experienced on HH a few days ago, btw. Really annoying when you're playing on your phone and simply forgot to close the game on the computer).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JustVisitingReborn said:

You don't happen to know how to produce a similar result on an Android mobile do you?

On the mobile app itself, not a clue (I don't play on mobile at all). But if you play on your web browser using your mobile device as many players do, then the steps should be very similar if not identical (depending on which browser you use).

Nice tips and tricks, @jelom and @Liliat. I happen to have experienced this exact issue just last night when my wife opened the browser in which I have HH as a pinned tab on her computer while I was playing on my own computer (the chat popup I usually get exactly once when I open a second tab, but constantly). Of course just closing the tab on her computer was an even easier fix in my case, but it's good to know nonetheless even for me. And it should be very useful for players in a similar situation as JVR. Thank you both! 👍

• Like 1

Google is still your friend, you know. ^^ I just typed "how to right-click on Android" and got a bunch of consistent results in a second:

Step 1

Press your finger or stylus on the screen at the point where you want to right-click.

Step 2

Hold down your finger or stylus for about a second, or until a circle or square forms around the touch point.

Step 3

Lift your finger or stylus from the screen. The right-click menu will appear.

7 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Google is still your friend, you know. ^^ I just typed "how to right-click on Android" and got a bunch of consistent results in a second:

Tried that already ;) The right click menu isn't opening for the Nutaku page. They may have supressed it or there may be some other issue.

• Surprised :O 1