Please stop with all the donation contests at the start of the month

Gotaku

Please keep doing donation contests. I seldom go above the minimum donation now and when I don't make any donations the "random prize" has been way better than I could have hoped for. :)

Edited by Pelinor
clarified my position on one of the worst contests (imho)
  • Haha 1

If you don’t invest constantly, but endure up to 2-5 minutes before the end of the day, you can easily get into the top-4, or even 1st place, without spending a lot of money. The more you invest during the day to rise "to the top", the more you need to invest in the end to win.

That's true, but the last few minutes of such contests are more often than not a bloodbath anyway, and there's no way to ensure a safe win or top 4 without overspending, lest you get sniped. Honestly, it's not even sniping for these, it's just a bonafide OK Corral every time.

Ymens are much slower to replenish than they used to be. I still skip these.

6 hours ago, Master-17 said:

If you don’t invest constantly, but endure up to 2-5 minutes before the end of the day, you can easily get into the top-4, or even 1st place, without spending a lot of money. The more you invest during the day to rise "to the top", the more you need to invest in the end to win.

I don't know your brackets, but in mine, the last three days you needed 150-200k points for first (375-400M ymens) and 60-100k points for 4th (150-200M ymens). This is anything else but cheap. I guess even for older players, who had/have billions this is not sustainable.

• Like 3

I needed for the last three : 230.000 points (2nd ca 20.000 points less), 142.000 points (2nd ca 25.000 points less), 69.000 points (2nd ca. 12.000 points less). I started with 2B and I think the Kobans are worth the Ymen, so it was ok and cheaper as expected.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 430i said:

I don't know your brackets, but in mine, the last three days you needed 150-200k points for first (375-400M ymens) and 60-100k points for 4th (150-200M ymens). This is anything else but cheap. I guess even for older players, who had/have billions this is not sustainable.

May be. I currently have about 3.5G ymens and thousands of unsold gear in inventory. In most cases, 0.1-0.2G is enough to get into the top-4, which are then quickly restored by selling unnecessary junk during the corresponding contests. Therefore, the average amount of money left per month does not change for me. Top-1 is not so big that you have to get there at any cost, but it is also quite achievable without incredible costs. Although I have enough Kobans for the top-15 in the D3 league, so as not to bother with such trifles.