Understanding game's mechanics

Kenrae

23 hours ago, Ryu_D_sama said:

One of my main concerns, being FTP, and no Mythicals, is that due to small harem size my harmony stat is too low and with lose out with the critical hit RNG.

You should worry a lot more about other things than your harmony stat, which depends more on your player level than anything else anyway and it's not that important.

That small harem size means you'll have less passive blessings, so less healing on every hit from your blue girls, less damage from your dark girls, less crit% from your orange girls, less crit damage increase from your red girls, ... harmony increase from you purple girls is the least of your concerns, really.

I say this because, if you want to compete, it's important to understand the game's mechanics and which girls are better on your ever-changing situation. Have you read this topic?

P.S: I first answered this to @Ryu_D_sama on the league anonymous topic, but I shouldn't derail that thread so I moved it to Q&A.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Another thing to consider in D2 is how many players compete for the 16-30 bracket. While it's not necessarily difficult to reach Top 30 at lvl 392, it's a lot tougher to shoot precisely for 16-30. The points difference between 16th and 30th is often way less than 100 points (as many players try to maximize their income without promoting to D3).

This means that, if you can't snipe the league at reset time, taking 16-30th is a lot harder than in any other league (Too many points and you overshoot, promoting to D3. Not enough, and you end up 31st+).

D2 is also more expensive in terms of boosters: you need to be perma-boosted (Although not necessarily with Cordyceps; better save these for D3).

I joined D2 around lvl 365-375 (I did several attempts before that but it didn't end well :D ). However, I had a better harem and was closer to the maximum awakening (relative to other players at the time). At lvl 392, I'd say it's worth a try *if* you can be present at reset time to maintain your position. Otherwise, D1 is significantly easier.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Kenrae Thanks, this was helpful for filling in some missing info I didn't quite get. Majority I had figured out after playing for a while, but now I have a better understand of the Critical Hit mechanics, and the role passive blessings play. Still just means I need to grow the harem, which I was aware of.

@Liliat That's certainly something I will keep in mind when it comes to the 16-30 bracket. I'll be taking my first real swing at D2 after the next reset, currently holding the rank 1 position in D1, although that could change in the next 2+ days. But the plan now is to get a jump start with the amount of shards/koban I get this week in case I decide to drop back down. When I get to D2 I'll first see how well I'm able to compete or not, if I can maintain at minimum the 31-45 bracket, and what it cost to stay in that league.

• Like 1