Collect all Mythics for later or Progress in the game now?

9 hours ago, Redbeard said:

only the top players really need to get each and every Mythic and, even they don't need everyone.

I agree with everything else you've said, but not this.

We're nearing the end of the transistion phase of the BDSM system, that being where a lot of the top players tried to race to 500/750 to have dominance over those that didn't progress as quickly. As more players reach 500/750, the field gets levelled again. Once parity is acheived the differential between the top players will be skill (choosing appropriate teams for appropriate situations and identifying players when they are unboosted) and blessings. Having the Mythics that hits a blessing in a week is likely to be a significant advantage when compeating for those coveted top positions. Mythics hit the blessings FAR more often than L5s. Even the worst Mythic lands in the top 7 twice as often as the best L5*.

And the problem with Mythics is that they come around so infrequently. So if you missed Magical Noemy this month, it'll be the end of June next year before you get another chance to pick her up. That's ~12 weeks over the next year where you won't have one of the blessed Mythics and other top players will. Add to this that you're likely to find yourself in the same position next year - finding resources to pick-up both the MD and MR in a month is TOUGH - and missing Mythics starts to look like a debt you'll never pay back....

Add to this that the more Mythics that are release, the more they come to dominate the top 7. Right now the worst Mythic has a ~22% of being in the top 7. There are 20 Mythics. If they each have a one in five chance of being in the top 7, on average 4 of them are going to be there every week. A year from now there will be 32 Mythics. Let's assume that the worst Mythic's chance of being in the top 7 drops to 15% (imo unlikely to fall this far). That's almost 5 Mythics on average every week. If it only drops to 18% that's nearly 6 Mythics/week. The more Mythics that are release the more redundant L5*s become, slowly being relegated to the same position as 3* where they only become useful if they hit a double blessing. Already we have 7 (!!) blue eyed Mythics. This effectively makes any 'Week of Blue Eyes' a 'Week of Mythic' and means that L5*s are only going to be useful these weeks where they are either double blessed, or hit a significantly stronger blessing (i.e. 20% blue eyes, 40% another blessing).

My suspicion would be that many of the top players are ensuring that they have every Mythic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

For now, only whales and a dwindling portion of the remaining pre-nerf veteran D3 winners with legacy koban stashes are at or really near this point. Most of us good players competing at the top can't afford to level up everyone to 750 quite yet, let alone do that and also grab every Mythic under the sun, and still not miss out on other regular events.

As we get closer to the end of this transition phase, it will be important again not to use the term "top players" willy-nilly. Players competing for the top of D3, players with the top team, and players at the top of their game are all different things, even though there's a lot of overlap between the three.

You're also reading "being in the top 7" incorrectly imho. Mythics in general have an overinflated "chance to be in top 7" in zoo's spreadsheet not because they are more likely to be blessed, but because they're the default stronger girls in the absence of strong blessings.

Case in point, next week on .com:

image.png

This is about as close as it gets to a no-blessing week. Those 4 legendaries will be a tiny bit stronger than Mythics if and only if one happens to have them at lvl 750. Which is madness and firmly into whale territory, especially for Jessie and Lotti who are super recent for that, and considering how many other random "L5 of the week" players competing at the top had to level up on a whim or take the loss over the past several weeks prior to this.

In my case, I'll be using the one I happen to have at max level already, and my best 6  unblessed Mythics.  Many of my regular competitors are likely to just go with their 7 best Mythics, and even the top whales will have to run at least 3. Guess who won't make the cut in anyone's list? (Among those who are also top players in the game and meta game knowledge, and strategy skills sense of the term, at least). That's right, any Yellow, Purple or White Mythic. And for those who have enough Dark and Blue ones to make up most of their team, then Green, Red and even Orange Mythics won't see much play either.

Obviously for every week that Bunna or Moe Bunny or Nike or now Magical Noemy gets a +70% or more, those who can afford to have all of them and all fully upgraded and leveled up will run them and get a big advantage. But unless they happen to be whaling it up in general, thus also having the top team in your average week in terms of blessing, which makes the point moot, then top players in terms of skill will surpass them most weeks despite taking a hit when bad Mythics get double-blessed.

TL;DR: Nothing that non-whales can do to ensure victory against the type of big spenders who casually have the top team at max level every damn week, even though they often started much later and are still (a bit) behind on player level (though that's definitely whale-friendly too now more than ever with PoG).

Case in point, my current nail-biting next hour wondering if I will indeed win the weakest league I've ever faced at my current power level or not, despite bringing my A+ game, investing a ton and breaking all my personal records. Because of this guy:

image.png

image.pngimage.png

All maxed out, of course. And yeah, he doesn't have Himari, had to settle for Layla instead (who is barely a few points below this week), but you get the point.

So no, I don't think it's a good long-term strategy to sacrifice two thirds or more of my monthly resources into ever diminishing return on investment Z-tier Mythics. First and foremost because it's a losing short and mid term strategy, and I'll be far better off a year from now by having invested in stuff that actually improves my results along the way rather than stuff that technically improves my hypothetical distant future results only.

• Like 3
  • Surprised :O 1

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

Most of us good players competing at the top can't afford to level up everyone to 750 quite yet,

Agreed, though I don't consider myself part of that category just yet, but we're in the twilight now. I'd estimate I'll cross the 750 Awakening late October/early November and that will be with 18-19 Mythics at level 700. By the end of the year I'd project all of them being level 750. And I started a lot further back than many of the players I'd consider to be at the 'top'

Players competing for the top of D3, players with the top team, and players at the top of their game are all different things, even though there's a lot of overlap between the three.

I was using the term to mean 'players who can routinely compete for the top 4 (if not top) spot.

You're also reading "being in the top 7" incorrectly imho. Mythics in general have an overinflated "chance to be in top 7" in zoo's spreadsheet not because they are more likely to be blessed, but because they're the default stronger girls in the absence of strong blessings.

You're not wrong that there is an inflation there - though how significant is in question - but I would point out that there are two other factors that influence the accuracy of the 'top 7' categorisation:

i) L5*s also suffer from the same malody. Nutaku next week:

image.thumb.png.22c736bf9077546a0f8d4edc8aa61f10.png

Admittedly this is to a lesser degree because L5s have to hit a blessing to begin with to overtake Mythics in the first place, but blessings on common attributes do regularly result in a tail of L5s over the bottom or the top 7. This partially offsets the Mythic tail, but obviously far from completely. The more important factor is.....

ii) Not all top 7 spots are equal. It's easy to conflagate the top 7 and take for granted in this type of discussion that all top 7 spots imbue the same advantage. They don't. Take the above example. Mythic Nomey is over 14% stronger than Alluza, Imogen and LXIX.

Nutaku this week:

image.thumb.png.ffbee5219f313ba4e9b893feb4d69cb9.png

Again, 3 Mythics at the top, again over 14% stronger than the four L5s.

HH this week:

image.thumb.png.921a6234512fbad4893edfc968a3c740.png

Mythics occuply spots 1, 4 and 5 as there are a couple of double blessed L5s. #1 is over 50% stronger than #7. In fact, it's over 14% stronger than #2!!

Yes, I agree that the 'Mythic tail' phenomenom is inflating the chances of a Mythic being in the top 7. But by it's very nature the 'top 7' is a misnomer that misleads players into thinking that all 7 are equal. The above example aren't proof - the sample is too small - but common sense dictates that Mythics are going to be at the at the top of the top 7 more frequently as well.

2 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

This is about as close as it gets to a no-blessing week.

I absolutely align with your strategy given this particular set of blessings. But the point would be that this near non-blessing is an outlying result, not a good example of what we're seeing week-to-week.

The point I'm making was not that Playful, Voyeur, Submissive Mythics were equally strong to the rest when there is no blessing at play. Obviously you're going to choose the stronger colours. But just looking at the other 3 examples on the current run of the spreadsheet, there's a Playful and a Voyeur in the top spots and another Voyeur legitimately in the top 7. Again this doesn't prove anything as on other weeks this is unlikely to happen happen, but any time a Mythic catches a blessing it is effectively certain to be in the top 7 and most of the time will be further up the rankings than #7.

2 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Obviously for every week that Bunna or Moe Bunny or Nike or now Magical Noemy gets a +70% or more, those who can afford to have all of them and all fully upgraded and leveled up will run them and get a big advantage.

And that's my point. By the end of this year I'll be past the final Awakening and likely have all (barring the first 5) Mythics upgraded to 750. I'm 100% f2p so certainly not whaling. I can't believe I'll be the only player in this position. But, where you miss Mythics in lieu of trying to push for 750 quicker, catching those Mythics later will, with certainty, take a long time.

Btw - with regard to your final example, I could field (admittedly only at level 650) all 4 of the Voyeurs, because there's f.a. else to spend purple gems on, and Himari. It would be New Year Estelle that I'd feel the sting of - the Mythic lol. I hope the league ended favourably for you and you didn't get done out of 1st by someone who simply bought the win :)

I feel a thread break coming on.......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That's why I put all my resources on Mythic, and leftovers on L5. The only L5 I skip are LD girls, but that's only because I have to focus on revived MD and LC girls first. Once this is over, M6 + L5 all the way. Who cares about L3 anyway? :) (PoV is only good for the XP and books it provides :) )

The important thing for B.D.S.M. is to have a wide pool of girls to choose from. The first year after Awakening (right now), we need to focus our resources on a limited number of girls to reach lvl 750, but once this is over, we'll have enough resources to include all the M6 and L5 girls we need - so I see no reason to hold back on Mythic girls, no matter which element.

Of course, I'm only saying this from a PvP perspective (as in: I get girls to get better places in leagues). Looking from a harem point of view (as in: I get better places in leagues to get more girls), we get the opposite results: Extra mythic girls won't pay for themselves any time soon. By the time they do, we'll see M7 girls anyway. If you can get 5-6 girls for the cost of 1 Mythic girl, and you want as many girls as possible, then there's a point where getting more Mythic girls just doesn't make sense (Although it's really hard to formally say where this point is).

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, JustVisitingReborn said:

I feel a thread break coming on.......

Yes you do. ^^

I've split this here in QA so we don't have any pressure or time constraint. It's a very interesting if niche strategy topic and it's not our first tango tackling it, so this feels right. If I didn't have one of my big fat migraines right now I'd elaborate much more, but key points will have to do for now.

I hope the league ended favourably for you and you didn't get done out of 1st by someone who simply bought the win :)

Thanks. Yes, but barely. In a league that was otherwise so weak for D3 that aside from the first two spots the top 15 legit looks like D2. Details posted in the LAA thread as usual.

By the end of this year I'll be past the final Awakening and likely have all (barring the first 5) Mythics upgraded to 750.

Yes. Meanwhile, I already have 11 Mythics at level 750 (well I've just spent a lot of kobans leveling one yesterday and I still need about a million GXP by next week to do the same with the last two who are still awake but not fully leveled up). Along with a dozen or so strong L5s. I've just won D3 for the fourth time and I more or less routinely can aim for top 4 by now, in large part thanks to all this. Which is only possible because I'm skipping some MDs. When you finally catch up on girl level in six months or more (don't underestimate how huge the difference is between awakening a girl and actually getting her to 750), you'll have more Mythics than I do, but you'll still be insanely late to the party and I'll have the upper hand in every way, including on my ability to catch up on missing Mythics from MDRs later on.

I don't think you fully appreciate the difference it makes that I'm getting more kobans, XP, and everything else that comes with being stronger NOW than I would if I was sabotaging every other aspect of my game progress just to collect empty Mythics for a distant future as you seem to think is the better long-term strategy. And the more time passes, the bigger the difference. By the end of the year, it will almost certainly be much more manageable for me to invest in missing past Mythics when they come back if and only if they're still relevant by then, precisely because of all the strength, resources, investments and game progress I'm making already and will keep making until that point, thanks to skipping non-essential MDs and MDRs.

It's not quite the same thing in practice, but in spirit it totally is, so I'll mention the fear that many players have of moving up to D3 (or even D2 depending on where they're at). I've moved to D3 a fair bit earlier than was typically advised at the time, and I struggled like crazy for a long long time, but it was the right move. Many players will tell you that they'll try D3 when they're capable of winning D2, or when they feel they're strong enough or whatever. It's all wrong. Every week you're not in D3 you're slowing down your own progress. I never won D1 or D2 by the way. And I never will. ^^

image.png

1 hour ago, Liliat said:

Of course, I'm only saying this from a PvP perspective (as in: I get girls to get better places in leagues). Looking from a harem point of view (as in: I get better places in leagues to get more girls), we get the opposite results

No we don't. This game is utterly and completely wrapped around PvP (except for whales). That is, especially for low-budget or F2P players, the best and shortest route to ANY goal you might have in ANY part of the game is to get rocking as soon, as hard, as long and as consistently as you possibly can in PvP. And accumulating empty Mythics beyond the strictly necessary to start and keep rocking in PvP is a losing strategy as F2P in particular.

So yeah, guys, agree to disagree if you're still not convinced. Unless you have better points to add to the equation, because so far all I see from JVR in particular are wild speculations and very theoretical projections in a hypothetical distant future success rather than practical and rational strategies for ASAP and moving forward beyond ASAP.

Edit: "key points" lol ^^ I should know myself better by now...

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Yes, but barely.

Congratulations! Glad things held together for you :)

If I didn't have one of my big fat migraines right now I'd elaborate much more, but key points will have to do for now.

Sorry to hear that - my wife suffers terribly with them.

I don't think you fully appreciate the difference it makes that I'm getting more kobans, XP, and everything else that comes with being stronger NOW than I would if I was sabotaging every other aspect of my game progress just to collect empty Mythics for a distant future as you seem to think is the better long-term strategy. And the more time passes, the bigger the difference. By the end of the year, it will almost certainly be much more manageable for me to invest in missing past Mythics when they come back if and only if they're still relevant by then, precisely because of all the strength, resources, investments and game progress I'm making already and will keep making until that point, thanks to skipping non-essential MDs and MDRs.

Now we're hitting the key differential between our strategies. Starting position.

When the BDSM system came into place you were already FAR further down the road than me. There was the potential for you to outpace enough players to make a significant gain by taking 1st-4ths if you were quick enough. It's not that I don't understand the potential benefits of additional Kobans from those positions. It's simply that in this race I started far enough behind (~level 360) that I would have been engaging in a race that I couldn't win. Trying to push for 750 would have been the worst of both worlds - not gaining (enough) additional Kobans AND missing out on these girls that are becoming more and more central to success at the top end. 

It's not quite the same thing in practice, but in spirit it totally is, so I'll mention the fear that many players have of moving up to D3 (or even D2 depending on where they're at). I've moved to D3 a fair bit earlier than was typically advised at the time, and I struggled like crazy for a long long time, but it was the right move. Many players will tell you that they'll try D3 when they're capable of winning D2, or when they feel they're strong enough or whatever. It's all wrong. Every week you're not in D3 you're slowing down your own progress. I never won D1 or D2 by the way. And I never will. ^^

We took the same path on this and I completely agree. I started my first week in D3 at level 363 and it was very tough. But that first week was the only week I didn't make the top 45, earning more Koban than D2 16-30. Well worth moving up. Forced me to become a far better player and gained more resources.

This is the principal difference - if pushing for 750 could have gained me the extra ~300 Koban/week from hitting 4th rather than being in the top 15, that would have been a worthwhile strategy. But the reality is that this strategy - at best - would have been the difference between top 30 and top 15 (~100 Koban). I was too far behind the players like yourself who were going to quickly take the top 4 by the scruff of the neck. You may not be common, but there are enough of you that I could not have outpaced you regardless of the approach taken.

And that would be the discussion point - are the upcoming players more similar in their position to you or me? Encouraging these players to spend their Koban buying GXP to push for 750 isn't likely to see them outpace enough players to make the big resource gains that you comfortably are. So is missing out of the strongest girls worth it for them to gain the extra levels quicker? My opinion would be no. I understand you see things differently.

So yeah, guys, agree to disagree if you're still not convinced. Unless you have better points to add to the equation, because so far all I see from JVR in particular are wild speculations and very theoretical projections in a hypothetical distant future success rather than practical and rational strategies for ASAP and moving forward beyond ASAP.

DvDivXXX - I'll chalk the above up to your migraine. It is certainly an overly harsh summation that skates the edges of condescending! We're discussing theories and opinions here, not proven results. The same comments could equally be applied to your responses today, but I prefer to think of it as alternative view points from a seriously good player who has a differing set of base criteria to play with ;) 

Edited by JustVisitingReborn
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, sorry about that at the end, it came across a lot harsher than I intended (even unfair) :$ thanks a lot for your understanding and compassion. ❤️

You're absolutely right about you and I being in different timelines and it makes perfect sense that my strategy wouldn't have worked for you and vice versa. It was a weird mix from me to phrase a number of things as though we were in similar situations, just with different approaches. I did mean to compare our respective strategies for the same given player (having primarily myself in mind).

I might have misread you earlier on, but I was under the impression that you more or less consider my skipping some MDs a mistake. That's mostly why I was elaborating on why I think it's the right call in my situation.

For you, being destined to arrive after the bulk of the girl level race anyway, I can totally see how having a wider collection of the best girls could help make up for that when you do arrive, and I agree rushing wouldn't make sense.

For brand-new players, well it's something else entirely (and the new player experience has changed and keeps on changing immensely over time especially since the game-shaking patches we've had over the past year or so). I would definitely recommend them to skip MDs entirely for the first year or so and focus on Player XP first and foremost, and Girl XP and other things as they go along. When they reach a point where they can afford one MD, it should definitely be saved up for a top-tier girl, only Dark or Blue (definitely not Yellow as the poor chap who posted in both the LAA and the latest MD thread and ended up still going for Noemy as his first Mythic despite having received tips and tricks to avoid that mistake). From there, I think it's a slow-burn process once again, although much more flexible and allowing for more valid options than it used to in the old days.

Except for new whales who can basically purchase a transformation of their brand-new account into a late-game one, effectively. But those don't need strategies. ^^

• Like 3
  • Hearts 1

Il y a 20 heures, DvDivXXX a dit :

No we don't. This game is utterly and completely wrapped around PvP (except for whales). That is, especially for low-budget or F2P players, the best and shortest route to ANY goal you might have in ANY part of the game is to get rocking as soon, as hard, as long and as consistently as you possibly can in PvP. And accumulating empty Mythics beyond the strictly necessary to start and keep rocking in PvP is a losing strategy as F2P in particular.

Yes, no question about that: PvP is key. Still, there's a point where additional investment in PvP doesn't provide that much value. The cost between a Top 1 and a cheap Top 4 is approximately equivalent to what you earn in Place 1. Between Top 15 and Top 4, the difference is very significant. Between Top 4 and Top 1, it's even more significant - but also more expensive. Is it worth it? I'm not quite sure. Maybe.

So once you reach a stable point in PvP (High D3), any investment you do for PvP (e.g. obtaining and leveling more Mythic girls) at the detriment of your harem (e.g. getting 6 girls in OD) becomes questionable. Mythic girls are the best from a PvP perspective, but the return on investment is not so obvious (Except for the first 7 or 14 or 21 or whatever - I don't know where the sweet spot is).

But if you look at the game from a PvP perspective, rather than harem perspective, the return on investment doesn't matter. I'm really close to D3 Top 15, and I can already afford all the PvP girls the game has to offer (The only reason I don't get all of them is because I have a longer backlog of revival than most older players. Having to buy 2 Mythic girls a month, plus the 5400 PoG, leaves me with very little kobans for other aspects of the game).

Once I reach D3 Top 15 and am done with MDR/LC revivals, I will have 20 000 Kobans per month. With that, I can buy:

- 1 Mythic girl: 8000 Kobans

- 1 LD girl every other month: 5400 Kobans

- LC: Free

- BB: Free

- League: Free

- CC: Free

And I get some spare kobans for CE, OD and PoV. So I can be 100% competitive if I want to, without getting anywhere near D3 Top 4 (Well, actually: I probably can't afford perma-cordy and AM. And of course, I'm still 60 player levels behind, and only lvl 700 harem.  Oh, and I'm 250 girls behind on passive bonuses. So you won't see me in the Top 4 anytime soon :D ).

Point is: obtaining all PvP girls doesn't require that much investment. It's perfectly doable as a F2P player (The main difficulty being the huge backlog when we're trying to catch up). After the first year of awakening, we also earn enough XP, Gems and Affection to level up all new girls (Again, backlog is an issue, but once you reach lvl 750, you can cherry pick each week).

If you prioritize your harem ("Use PvP to get Kobans to get random girls", as opposed to "Get girls for PvP to get Kobans to get more girls for PvP"), however, different story. If you focus on CE/OD/PoV/PoA, there might not be enough kobans left for Mythic girls.

That being said, I fully agree: if you 100% ignore PvP and try to get the largest possible harem, it's a dead end. PvP provides approximately 50% of my kobans income at D3/30, and it will be even more at D3/15.

Edited by Liliat
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

thanks a lot for your understanding and compassion. ❤️

Let thou who has never unfairly crabbed at their other half because they've been tired/hungry/sore judge. The rest of us should remember our own foibles 😛

And as I seem to recall you looked to diffuse a similar misunderstanding between myself and @Incubys recently when I was having a bad morning and could mayhaps have worded my responses a little more carefully/gently, or indeed simply have properly read Incub's posts.

4 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I might have misread you earlier on, but I was under the impression that you more or less consider my skipping some MDs a mistake. That's mostly why I was elaborating on why I think it's the right call in my situation.

Not at all. Racing to 750 was a gamble on being both fast and good. I started out knowing that I couldn't be fast enough. I later figured out I also wasn't good enough lol. Improving certainly, but not ready to take on the big guns. So I never even considered taking this approach. If I'd been 70-80 levels higher (as I am now) I would likely have given it serious consideration. You were already good enough to compete on a level field with the top players, and the gap between you and them in other respects was small enough that aggressively pursuing the strategy would allow you to overcome the disadvantage. You made the right call and are reaping the rewards!

Where we maybe disagree is on newer players skipping Mythics. But that position is heavily caveated for me. Obviously any new player HAS to skip MD altogether until they can actually gather enough Kobans to make a successful run for one. Alongside that, if you're scrimping and saving to get one, you need to pick the right one - like you said - not a weak colour. But as soon as you can get yourself to a position where you can start to pick Mythics up regularly, imo it's worth slowing down your PLevel and GLevel a little and missing out on some other events not to miss them, for no other reason than they come around so infrequently and really strain the resources to collect two in a month that they're going to become a complete pita to backfill later on.

Well, I say that, but actually there is another reason. Being lower in player level, and harem size, and girl level I'm consistently playing against players that effectively outclass me in every respect. I'm still consistently in the bottom 15% of every D3 bracket I'm in on PLevel. The weeks that I do well and hit the top 15 are the weeks I have really strong teams. The weeks where the blessings hit the Mythics I have and miss the ones I don't. The more Mythics I have, or conversely the fewer Mythics I'm missing, the more of those weeks there are :) So I'd personally encourage newer players to start grabbing Mythics as soon as they can. While I know the Plevel progression is slow it's a LOT faster than it used to be with all the PoV and PoG PXP that you can pick-up for free every month and the Mythics in my experience make a significant practical difference when you're playing against lower skilled player who have stronger everything else.

I'll break 700 either next week or the week after. At that point my expectation would be to step up a class and start consistently and comfortably taking top 15 and look to cherry pick the weeks that I think I can take a stab at top 4. Looking forward to it :)

Edited by JustVisitingReborn
  • Like 4
  • Hearts 1

I thought I'd throw my circumstances into the ring as another comparison point.

I am (and have been for nearly a year) a Patreon member, I pay £27.00pm which gets me a "free" Season Pass, a Platinum Card and a few bonus fights / kisses at the start of each month. The way I see it is I'm spending less then £1.00 a day on a game I enjoy and want to continue for the foreseeable future.

I am currently PL 458 / GL 700. My harem is 698 girls, which includes 11 Mythics.

In hindsight I stayed in D2 far too long trying to hit the 15-30 bracket each week to maximize koban earn which meant I was leaving a number of fights unfought, missing out on PxP (don't tell @DvDivXXXabout this!). I did try D3 couple times but struggled to make top 45 so immediately dropped back to D2. I eventually took the plunge about 10 weeks ago, since when I have been top 15 every week apart from 2 when blessings where against me.

My koban earnings each month include 10,800 (Platinum Card) / 11,544 leagues (if I can maintain Top 15) / 4,500 (Completing Missions Bonus) for 26,844 which I understand puts me in a privileged position. This allows me to take every PoV paid route (for the extra PxP / GxP / SL) and PoA. I don't need the paid route of PoG as I now have all LC girls.

I am still a long way off GL 750 (approx 10 mill GxP) and gems (haven't bothered to work out quite how many). If I can keep getting high placings in CbC contests I might break 750 in a few months.

My idea with regard to Mythics is to get as many as possible as cheaply as possible. With combativity from Seasons / PoA / PoV / re-gen I can usually make 500 free fights each month and depending on how well they go I can "usually" pick up a Mythic for about 5k kobans (Neomy being a notable exception!). Currently I am far nearer to @JustVisitingRebornthen @DvDivXXXat this stage of the game, and whilst I have a core of 5 Mythics (3 dark 2 blue) I want as many extra options for top girls as possible. This will become less import in December when I pick up Lenalle and have a core of 6. hopefully at 750 by then. I also want to collect as many girls as possible as that was one of the core objectives when I started playing.

So ongoing - maintain top 15 in D3 if possible (even though I've never been a fan of PvP content in any game I've played lol) whilst picking up as many trash girls as possible (focusing on dark / blue) for the passive bonus. Get to PL 500 as soon as possible (these last levels take soooo long to grind). Open up GL 750 in next few (2 ?) months then push core girls (5 mythics plus couple newer dark / blue L5 girls) to GL750. By which time KK will have worked out Mythics are not a big enough cash cow and will be releasing Ultra Girls (Mythic Plus Girls ?) and everyone will have to fight for the new top tier girls ....

18 hours ago, JustVisitingReborn said:

I'll break 700 either next week or the week after. At that point my expectation would be to step up a class and start consistently and comfortably taking top 15 and look to cherry pick the weeks that I think I can take a stab at top 4. Looking forward to it :)

GL 700 certainly helped me to Top 15 results in D3 so I'm confident you will do very well when you get there

Edited by Incubys
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm going to throw my thoughts & experiences in here, which are, I think, different than many.

I'm player level 500, completely free-to-play, and most definitely not a contender for top 4 in D3 in a normal week. I did get there exactly once to prove that I could, but most weeks the time and effort is a bit more than I can give. That said, I'm generally a top 15 lock. I am also a veteran player, so I have a reasonable amount of Kobans at my disposal.

I also realized that I couldn't be fast to 750, but I could be efficient in getting there and working to make sure I did get there in reasonable time, and with a very flexible team to deal with blessings along the way. I've got half of what I need to breach the 700 barrier: I'm good on XP books. I am short some gems, but not many.

I find that completely ignoring new Mythics is bad. If you're planning for a revival, any shard you get the first time around helps. You're using free combativity to get some of the scarcest shards in the game,so do that. I was doing this very early on, but have since stopped since I'm going after every new Mythic. I'm now at the point where there's only one revival I need, and that's because the girl was so popular the first time around, my schedule didn't jive.

That said, making your first Mythic a color that you have a ton of gems for (looks at Purple and White) is not a bad idea, as it will at least get you the ability to get that girl up in power pretty quickly.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I remember reading the first few of these comments in the MD thread, and enjoying them, but they disappeared.  Glad I found it again later.  This is interesting.

I'm a lvl 455 F2P player on HH, w/ 696 girls.  Highest rank in DIII is 6th.  I started Jan 2018, played 3 months, stopped, and started again from June 2020.  I played ~2.4 years total.  Girl level cap is at 700.  All 100 girls are awakened, to be able to unlock the lvl 750 cap, so I no longer need gems for that.  I'm just waiting to store enough GXP.  I have 44 commons, and 1 rare left to max out to 700, which would cost ~3.5 mil GXP, but I have 669k GXP atm, so I really just need ~2.8 mil GXP.  I think I can get that within a month, before August 22nd, in time for the 4th day of that LC, w/o spending a single koban on market refreshes.

My first mythic girl was Undercover Valentina from Nov 3rd, 2021.  I saved up ~20k kos in advance, but I only used 2 SP, so I ended up over-spending w/ 13.8k kos to get her, and spent almost all of the rest of my koban stash, just on market refreshes, to max her out immediately.  Since, I didn't know what I was doing.  I loved getting her anyway, since I've always liked her FF VII parody Tifa, and I liked the idea of the physical element, boosting my crit chance, since I'd probably use her more often.  I didn't attempt obtaining another mythic girl until May 3rd, 2022, ~5 months later.

I was in DII for most of last year.  Finished 8th on Oct 21st 2021, to advance to DIII.  I was level 379, w/ just a 94k total power team, and couldn't finish in the top 45, to get enough shards weekly to recruit Dolly, the first league girl.  I demoted on purpose, back to DII ranking 89th, on Nov 4th, 2011, so I'd definitely recruit Dolly.   I hated having to "sandbag" in DII, not being able to try my best, or I'd promote.  After obtaining Dolly, I entered DIII again, by finishing 5th in DII, on Dec 30th, 2022, at the start of the new year. 

I've been in DIII since then, ranking in at least the top 45 each week for the first 4 months, where I wasn't really competing.  I was just getting by, in the top 45, w/ the goal of obtaining each new L5 girl.  Sometimes, I didn't even finish all of the possible fights.  I didn't care about my score average.  I didn't use a script to help predict fight outcomes.  I even wasted 8k kos & 5 SP in Feb 2022, on getting the 2 LD girls Hilda and Amaya.  I like them, but I've had no use for them, so I regret it.  If I didn't do that, I would've had enough for Matcha's revival on Feb 23rd, but I only learned that in hindsight.  At the time, I didn't realize that I could've obtained a mythic w/ those resources, b/c I mismanaged my kobans and SP, on U. Valentina, 3 months earlier.

Recently, I've been ranking in the top 15-30 for the past 3 months.  I've ranked in the top 15, 7 times so far.  I've been challenging myself to limit the amount of cordyceps, refills, and AME I use.  Partly due to @DvDivXXX's advice.  I still gain about ~2k kobans of profit each week from it, after deducting refills, or AMEs.  Which is a lot more than I used to earn, from DII ranks 16-30th (1356 kos).  I don't buy cordyceps, I just get them from the pachinko, so it's not a koban expense.  Ultimately, as long as I profit more in the end, I don't mind having to use an AME, to finish in the top 15.  It's when I'd earn less in the top 15, than I'd get in the top 30, that I've entered "Pyrrhic Victory" territory.  It's the extra kobans from DIII in Leagues that enables me to save up ~10k kos quicker, and to purchase 5 SP, in advance of a mythic days.  Otherwise, I'd probably only have enough resources for an MD every other month, and definitely couldn't pursue any MDRs.  After awakening level 750, and having 7 mythic girls by this August, I'd aim to finish in the top 4 of DIII, but I'm not quite there yet.  I'd settle for lazy top 15 victories.  That'd be ideal.

Since May 3rd, 2022, I've been able to afford 3 new MD girls, and 1 MDR girl.  I'm gonna take a break from Golden Lupa's MDR this month, and save instead for next month's 2 mythics, since I have 24 shards for High Mage Arcana already, and they're both exhibitionists.  I don't have the gems atm to max both, and I like Arcana's parody more.  Now, I have 5 mythic girls.  I'm getting close to maxing the recent 2 to my level cap.  Next month, I'll have 7 of them.  I know for sure, that I'll be missing a submissive and a sensual mythic, so I have future plans to obtain Alt. Finalmecia (Nov 23rd), and Angelic Lenaelle (Dec 23rd).  Possibly Royal Housemaid (Sept 23rd) as well, since dominatrix is considered top tier, and she'd become my 2nd one.

My goal atm is to get at least 1 of each mythic element.  I'll definitely accomplish that by then end of this year.  I'm just missing 3 of them.  I'm not elitist or biased against playful, submissive, and voyeur girls.  They all have their uses, as counters, and will help regardless of blessings.  I also, I think collecting 3 dominatrix and sensual mythic elements makes sense, since people consider them top tier.  I think the diminishing returns, that @Liliat mentions, would occur after getting 3 of each element.  You only really ever need 3 of any element.  After getting 24, I could see myself skipping mythic girls I just don't need.  I'd prioritize the ones that have multiple eye/hair colors, for greater blessing opportunities.  That's why I'm not 100% sure that I'd pursue Royal Housemaid.  She has "unknown" hair color...wtf?  I could see players collecting 7 dominatrix and/or 7 sensual mythic girls, and justifying it somehow, but that's way in the future.  No one has that many gems.  After keeping track of gems earned for 5 weeks, I averaged that I earn about ~1200 of each gem type per week.  It would take me ~2 months to earn enough gems (9.4k) to max a mythic girl from lvl 250 to 750 immediately.  ~6 months of gem saving, for maxing 3 mythic girls of the same element, to lvl 750.

I'm kind of in the middle of @JustVisitingReborn and DvDivXXX's strategies.  I see the value in every mythic girl, regardless of element, but there's a limit, where I don't want, or expect to collect more than 24 of them.  I don't want to rush to level 750, but I'm also closer to it than JustVisitingReborn.  I unlocked level 700 about ~3 months ago, and I'm a month away from level 750.

That's my contribution to this thread.  Look!  No charts, not much color, no emojis ☺️.  Should be easy to read.  I'm proud of myself.

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Hearts 1

3 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

Recently, I've been ranking in the top 15-30 for the past 3 months.  I've ranked in the top 15, 7 times so far.  I've been challenging myself to limit the amount of cordyceps, refills, and AME I use.  Partly due to @DvDivXXX's advice.  I still gain about ~2k kobans of profit each week from it, after deducting refills, or AMEs.  Which is a lot more than I used to earn, from DII ranks 16-30th (1356 kos).  I don't buy cordyceps, I just get them from the pachinko, so it's not a koban expense.  Ultimately, as long as I profit more in the end, I don't mind having to use an AME, to finish in the top 15.  It's when I'd earn less in the top 15, than I'd get in the top 30, that I've entered "Pyrrhic Victory" territory.  It's the extra kobans from DIII in Leagues that enables me to save up ~10k kos quicker, and to purchase 5 SP, in advance of a mythic days.  Otherwise, I'd probably only have enough resources for an MD every other month, and definitely couldn't pursue any MDRs.  After awakening level 750, and having 7 mythic girls by this August, I'd aim to finish in the top 4 of DIII, but I'm not quite there yet.  I'd settle for lazy top 15 victories.  That'd be ideal.

I've more recently unlocked 700, and still need 9.6mill GxP to open 750 (have 3.2 mill saved for day 4 of this LC). So I was surprised when you mentioned using AME to achieve top 15 in DIII. I use 2xGin & 1xCord to gain (almost every week) a top 15. I do have more Mythics but wouldn't have thought it would have made that much difference. 

• Like 4

Thank you both for reviving this thread. I think this one can be evergreen, as it's a central part of dedicated players' various possible approaches to the game over time.

About unlocking Girl Level 750, don't underestimate just how much it costs in GXP to get any girl to the max (obviously tons of gems too, but GXP has been my main bottleneck since the unlock). Just one Mythic costs 440k GXP to get from 700 to 750 (after spending the 2.5k gems to awaken her). L5 are more affordable with around 180k GXP (but still 2k gems apiece). So yeah, rushing that unlock makes no sense unless you're willing to go all-in and have a ton of gems and books to spend for both the unlock itself, and then for it to start making a difference in your actual PvP team(s).

I've only recently got the last of my 11 Mythics maxed out, despite unlocking 750 what feels like months ago (I'd need to check my archives). And I still have a LOT of L5s at exactly 701 (just simpler to identify them, even though the script has a "capped/uncapped" filter).  Not to mention tons more of L5s anywhere from Lvl 1 to 651/700. As of this writing, I'm in the process of spending tons of books on a couple of them who will be in my top team next week due to Blessings. There's also another one (Hazel) still capped at 700 but I don't have the 2k Dark gems to do her today (getting close, over 1.6k already).

Which highlights another routine type of tough choice to make: "do I spend those gems now for CbC Day 2, even on girls I won't be able to use in battle for months?... or do I save them up for specific girls I know I'll need sooner and/or I've already invested much more in?". I always lean towards the latter, even though it can get pretty frustrating when the contest doesn't exactly line up with my 2k minimum gem dump requirement. There's a lot of chance involved short to mid term. But long term I think it's worth prioritizing and really committing to specific girls until they reach their full potential, or at least ideally keeping this pattern as a goal. With everything else being equal, having 10 girls at 650 won't pay off as much or as soon as just one at 750.

Of course, sometimes it sucks, like a few months back when I had to choose between Sofia and Lavender as my next target for Blue gems, and just after I started committing on Lavender, it's Sofia who got blessed for multiple weeks. ^^ But in the long run, this evens out. Guess who's more than fine with his Sofia still at lvl 550 vs his lvl 750 Lavender right now:

image.png

It's important, as F2P and small budget players, to resist the impulse to invest like crazy in brand-new acquisitions just because "random is random", but random loves to Bless the hell out of girls who just entered the game. Maybe random likes to push whales a bit. ^^ But random loses out to consistency over time.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 2
  • Hearts 1

8 hours ago, Incubys said:

I've more recently unlocked 700, and still need 9.6mill GxP to open 750 (have 3.2 mill saved for day 4 of this LC). So I was surprised when you mentioned using AME to achieve top 15 in DIII. I use 2xGin & 1xCord to gain (almost every week) a top 15. I do have more Mythics but wouldn't have thought it would have made that much difference. 

That's akin to saying "I have the best girls, and you don't.  How come you have to try harder, and I get by w/ using the bare minimum boosters?"

I can finish top 15 w/ constant 2 gin + 1 cord.  I did it 4 weeks ago, but I also used 1 AME, for the last 100 fights.  That was enough for 13th place, and I got 2.4k kos of profit, b/c I didn't use refills.  After that, I was advised by DvDivXXX, to use cordyceps opportunistically, and to substitute an AME w/ using strategic refills.  That worked once, to get to top 15 as well, but I ended up using 4 refills per week for 2 weeks, making my profits 2.1k & 1.4k, for 14th & 18th place.  Blessings play a big determining role in whether mythic girls are dominant that week, or not.  Since I had fewer mythics maxed (3), I had a weaker team that 2nd week, and decided to just use 3 ginseng all week, for 18th place.  I try a new experiment each week, to learn what works, or not, and to keep it fun and interesting.

I do have 5 mythic girls, but only 3 are maxed to 700.  I have 1 at 650, and the most recent at 600.  I'm learning that I should save up 6.8k to 9.4k gems in advance to make a new mythic girl immediately useful.  Which is easier to do, now that I no longer need spend gems to awaken 100 girls, for unlocking level 750.  After getting the 2 new August mythic girls, I should have them maxed to 750, by the end of September.  Only then, could I possibly have the luxury, of finishing in the top 15, w/o an AME, or spending 4 refills.

If I had a platinum card like you, then I'd have every mythic, and I'd only spend gems on them, and the commons needed to unlock level 750.  I'd probably lose interest in the game too, b/c I'd already have enough kobans to get the mythics, which is what I'm currently gleefully struggling towards.  If I just bought them, I'd lose some of my fun & motivation.

7 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Thank you both for reviving this thread. I think this one can be evergreen, as it's a central part of dedicated players' various possible approaches to the game over time.

About unlocking Girl Level 750, don't underestimate just how much it costs in GXP to get any girl to the max (obviously tons of gems too, but GXP has been my main bottleneck since the unlock). Just one Mythic costs 440k GXP to get from 700 to 750 (after spending the 2.5k gems to awaken her). L5 are more affordable with around 180k GXP (but still 2k gems apiece). So yeah, rushing that unlock makes no sense unless you're willing to go all-in and have a ton of gems and books to spend for both the unlock itself, and then for it to start making a difference in your actual PvP team(s).

It's important, as F2P and small budget players, to resist the impulse to invest like crazy in brand-new acquisitions just because "random is random", but random loves to Bless the hell out of girls who just entered the game. Maybe random likes to push whales a bit. ^^ But random loses out to consistency over time.

I like this thread.  It's about long term strategy vs. short term.  There's a similar one in the general discussion, about awakening level 700, but I passed that point 3 months ago, so this is more interesting.

There is a lot of GXP involved.  Knowing that I gain ~1 mil GXP per week, and ~1200 of each gem per week, is what helped me estimate for the future.  I can max out ~2 mythic girls from level 700 to 750 per week.  I already have enough gems for each of them, since I chose to first get just 1 mythic of each element.  It'd take ~2 months of saving ~8 mil GXP, to max out 8 mythic girls that were already level 700.  It would also take ~2 months to save up enough gems and GXP, to max out a new mythic girl from 250-750.

I have a similar dilemma this week.  I think Zazie makes more sense to max out in the long run, b/c of her dual purple/pink hair color, vs. Lavender.  Even though Lavender is 30% blessed this week.  I also don't have enough gems to get either of them to lvl 700.  I was thinking, it might make even more sense to build up a stash of 9.4k sensual gems, for whenever the next sensual mythic arrives.  Either a new one, or Angellic Lenaelle on Dec 23rd, and/or Lovebot Norou on Jan 23rd, 2023.  I don't have a sensual mythic at all atm.  I have 13 sensual L5s, but only Himari is maxed to 700.  Spent a lot of gems on 5 sensual R5s.  Getting 2 R5s to 700 costs the same gems as 1 L5.  That was my logic.

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

That's akin to saying "I have the best girls, and you don't.  How come you have to try harder, and I get by w/ using the bare minimum boosters?"

No it's not. I do not have all the Mythics, just a few more then you, and most weeks my 5* Leggos who are Blessed make the team rather then my Mythics. As you are closer to unlocking Level 750 it assumed it stood to reason that you have more girls at 700, giving you more chance at having Blessed girls, which is why I was surprised.

My comment wasn't an attack on you (or anyone else) and I'm sorry if you read it that way as it really wasn't my intention. I should have elaborated on why I was surprised, which I've done above.

Apologies to @Ravi-Sama

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Incubys said:

No it's not. I do not have all the Mythics, just a few more then you, and most weeks my 5* Leggos who are Blessed make the team rather then my Mythics. As you are closer to unlocking Level 750 it assumed it stood to reason that you have more girls at 700, giving you more chance at having Blessed girls, which is why I was surprised.

My comment wasn't an attack on you (or anyone else) and I'm sorry if you read it that way as it really wasn't my intention. I should have elaborated on why I was surprised, which I've done above.

Apologies to @Ravi-Sama

No worries.  I have just 18 L5s at level 700, since I tried to focus on common girls for ~66% of the girls I awakened, for unlocking lvl 750.  I took the cheaper route gem-wise.

489838463_unlockinglevel750.png.f0f24e3cd5cd7bd08de0e12756091c4c.png

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ravi-Sama said:

No worries.  I have just 18 L5s at level 700, since I tried to focus on common girls for ~66% of the girls I awakened, for unlocking lvl 750.  I took the cheaper route gem-wise.

That's 18 more then me ! lol I was initially pushing just Mythics & 5* Leggos but it was taking so long I started focusing on Common / Rare / Epic to speed to Level 700. My 5* Leggos are mainly 650, some 600 and they will be pushed after Common / Rare / Epics are 700. The problem with switch tactics mid game

• Like 1
  • Surprised :O 1

18 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Of course, sometimes it sucks, like a few months back when I had to choose between Sofia and Lavender as my next target for Blue gems, and just after I started committing on Lavender, it's Sofia who got blessed for multiple weeks. ^^

You too? 🤣

• Hearts 1