New player feedback.

TaironLocke

I think the biggest thing for me as a new player was that it was very difficult to figure out what was best to do for my playstyle. I think that happens with all games but certain things like 5 Star being the standard for power and everything else is garbage would have been really helpful to know. I had assumed, silly me, that rarer girls would be more powerful than there more common counterparts. Very unintuitive. 

I recently hit a wall in season and, funnily enough, it wasn't until I did that I realized you lose Mojo for a loss. That is a major bummer and I would well prefer if, even though bottle necked a bit by increasing power, I could still grind out progress down the rewards some. I think rewards should be reasonably available to those willing to grind. 

On that note, like many players I was dismayed when I did some quick mental math and realized the anniversary stuff was out of whack. Really displeased that even if I tried my hardest and bought the biggest card I am only getting like 2 girls tops. Does not seem balanced well. Since I am not doing that, despite optimizing play every day I will be lucky to get one girl. 

Lastly, I wish that there was not SOOO MANY really really powerful people in the lower leagues. It cost me a first place. Idk what you would do about it and I understand why it happens in games, but its still a bummer. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TaironLocke said:

I had assumed, silly me, that rarer girls would be more powerful than there more common counterparts. Very unintuitive. 

Yup, it's been mentioned a lot that it's really unintuitive that stars matter more than rarity.

19 minutes ago, TaironLocke said:

On that note, like many players I was dismayed when I did some quick mental math and realized the anniversary stuff was out of whack.

The developers have a really hard time with the balance of their game, but this particular event is quite egregious. We've really never seen anything like it.

25 minutes ago, TaironLocke said:

Lastly, I wish that there was not SOOO MANY really really powerful people in the lower leagues. It cost me a first place. Idk what you would do about it and I understand why it happens in games, but its still a bummer. 

Don't bother going for 1st place, you're wasting your time. I'm level 487 and I have literally never taken 1st place in any league, never gotten close. Sure, I could demote down to Dicktator 2 and compete for 1st place, but why would I waste a week demoting when I could just compete for 4th place in Dicktator 3 and get a higher reward if I succeed? 

No matter what league you're in, there's always going to be at least one one over-levelled player who is going to beat you. You're way better off just promoting to the next league up than trying to compete with these bullies. You'll get more rewards, and you'll be able to get them consistently. 

• Like 6

Il y a 2 heures, Attirm a dit :

No matter what league you're in, there's always going to be at least one one over-levelled player who is going to beat you. You're way better off just promoting to the next league up than trying to compete with these bullies. You'll get more rewards, and you'll be able to get them consistently. 

Just don't promote too far, as the difficulty from one league to the next may increase significantly (At low level, it's not a big deal, before you progress so quickly, you'll soon be able to beat a league even if you're initially stuck in it). The problem is that reaching 60+ in a higher league provides much lower rewards than 16-30 in a lower league; so promoting isn't always good.

But as I said, at lower level, even if you're stuck, you won't be stuck for long.

Il y a 3 heures, TaironLocke a dit :

I recently hit a wall in season and, funnily enough, it wasn't until I did that I realized you lose Mojo for a loss. That is a major bummer and I would well prefer if, even though bottle necked a bit by increasing power, I could still grind out progress down the rewards some. I think rewards should be reasonably available to those willing to grind. 

Seasons are difficult for the first... 2 or 3 months? Then everyone can reach the second girl. Don't rush it: the faster you go, the harder it gets and the less point you earn/the more you lose.

It's not great to be stuck in Seasons with the Anniversary event, as it gives a decent number of points if you can win all your fights, but that's IMO more an issue of the event than an issue with the seasons (Some events ask you to "participate" in the season, no matter if you lose. This one asks you to "win", which sucks for an anniversary event. It should be a lot more friendly to all players, regardless of their current progression...)

You'll quickly realize that some regular events can't be completed by lower-level players, but as you get closer to lvl 280-350, everything should become achievable.

• Like 2

And to add this: lvl280 is reachable in ca 3 months if you play smart and use all the sources of XP, so it's not a very long time until you can reach reagions where the lack of all change to a lack of some rare, specific ressources. 😎

I have been playing for just a few days, and have had 1st in several contests, monitoring it all day, and playing constantly.  To lose it through a huge jump in the last 15 minutes.  Today I hit a wall that isn't only pay-to-win, but pay-to-progress.

No thanks.  Yes, I can wait hours and move on, but why?

I also placed 1st last night.  The multi game orbs I "collected" are not in the game.  I would rather pay for a game with a level field than this.  Pay-to-win isn't gaming. 

Best wishes to those who enjoy this sort of thing.  Nice artwork isn't worth the aggravation.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Fuqmi said:

Today I hit a wall that isn't only pay-to-win, but pay-to-progress.

In which part of the game? There are many parts which are very hard to beginners but if you have some progress in leveling up your own level and the level of your girls you can do them later easily. If the wall is contest wise: The contests are groupe so that only players with nearly levels are competiting. The brackets are lvl1-40, 41-80, 81-120 and so on until you reach lvl400. After this frontier all players are in one group.

9 minutes ago, Fuqmi said:

The multi game orbs I "collected" are not in the game.

If you speak of theese Gem Symbol: grafik.png.1cb57d3cd692957daa78e6bca072eabb.png

The Rainbow Gem Symbol means, that you get the shown amount of gems from all colours. Also if you get 250 Rainbow gems than you get 8x250 gems.

3 hours ago, Fuqmi said:

I have been playing for just a few days, and have had 1st in several contests, monitoring it all day, and playing constantly.  To lose it through a huge jump in the last 15 minutes.  Today I hit a wall that isn't only pay-to-win, but pay-to-progress.

No thanks.  Yes, I can wait hours and move on, but why?

I also placed 1st last night.  The multi game orbs I "collected" are not in the game.  I would rather pay for a game with a level field than this.  Pay-to-win isn't gaming.

Hi, this game become very addictive after a while, so just a bunch of days isn't enough to judge it entirely. As you seems interested in the theme, and considering to me there's nothing as good in the market, I want for you to consider a couple of things.

You cannot (and you don't need to) win the whole time. You should consider that while you do efforts, all other *real players* devise strategies. And when you win, other lose. Sometime you win, sometime you find people that kick your ass. Computing when you can "lose" to spare resources is part of the strategy. I'll end #10 in Legendary Contest today and everyione think is a good rank.

You fell in what's called 'sniping', a strategy that include observing opponents actions, and spend all the resources last minute. So #1 don't have time to reply. Probably you spent a lot of points early, and the sniper computed that you cannot have much more left to spend. There are smart people out there, that do a lot of math - is *not* the game when you're in PvP, it's people behaviours.

As you don't forcily have to win "everything" to progress, I don't see exactly what you're quoting as "pay to progress". There are events that aren't for newbies. Surely they aren't. Part of a good strategy in this game is to recognize where to invest and when not. You cannot win the first Season, for example.  Hopefully you're not quoting the Chat XD. That's a joke, it's a freebie extra feature they added, not the real game.

You've started since just some day, you seems unaware of the most basic mechanics, and you don't meet the core of the game so far (PoP, Champions, Club, High Leagues, and much more). And you also missed the real deal here: you win by *patiently* enlarge and max out your Harem, not by Contests...

• Like 2
  • Hearts 1

On 7/22/2022 at 12:38 AM, Liliat said:

Just don't promote too far, as the difficulty from one league to the next may increase significantly (At low level, it's not a big deal, before you progress so quickly, you'll soon be able to beat a league even if you're initially stuck in it). The problem is that reaching 60+ in a higher league provides much lower rewards than 16-30 in a lower league; so promoting isn't always good.

If you can only manage 60th place in a higher league, then you aren't strong enough to take 1st place in the league below anyways.

The point is that you'll be strong enough to promote to a higher league and thrive there long before you're strong enough to compete for 1st place in your current league.