Add a new way to order league opponents by total girls power

Kenrae

I try to order my opponents in a league by difficulty / how much should I take notice of their movements. I've usually used the order by level for that and it was good enough, but as more and more people is reaching level 500 that's becoming useless. Ordering by total girl power, on the other hand, is always useful. Of course I'd then need to take a closer look and not use it mindlessly but it would take out most of the "work" or daily routine.

I think it would be a useful addition, and easy to implement.

Of course, I'd settle for HH++ scripts to have it, I know that's far more expectable. :P 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I've been experiencing the same problem. The most annoying part for me is that it's unclear and unreliable how players of the same player level are sorted between themselves when you sort the list as a whole by player level (pretty sure it's by current rank, which is one of the least useful indicators). Lately I've worked around this by disabling the script option that hides fought opponents while I'm dealing with the many level 500 players, so I can at least figure out where I'm at after fighting one (it's much easier to remember "I've just fought the 491 dude, so the next one down the list will be the 490 one" rather than memorizing everyone's name, club name and favorite coffee brand).

I think we shouldn't fool ourselves and just ping the real recipient of this suggestion, though. Who knows the state the league will be in 5 years from now if we wait for the actual game to implement or improve functionality. ^^ @45026831

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Certainly thought about adding it to HH++, the problem is that team power is not present on the page until the player block is visible on the right, which is the same issue we have with team element, but at least that doesn't involve sorting.

So 1 option is to re-sort the table every time you click a player, caching the team power as you go as we do with team element. Rearranging the UI constantly like that is an anti-pattern at best, and the data will be stale until you click them again.

Another option is to, on page load, pre-load every single player block, running the risk of an error 500 IP ban.

There's no nice way of doing it from the script side as far as I can tell. Would love to be proven wrong though.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, 45026831 said:

Certainly thought about adding it to HH++, the problem is that team power is not present on the page until the player block is visible on the right, which is the same issue we have with team element, but at least that doesn't involve sorting.

So 1 option is to re-sort the table every time you click a player, caching the team power as you go as we do with team element. Rearranging the UI constantly like that is an anti-pattern at best, and the data will be stale until you click them again.

Another option is to, on page load, pre-load every single player block, running the risk of an error 500 IP ban.

There's no nice way of doing it from the script side as far as I can tell. Would love to be proven wrong though.

What about reordering them with the info we currently have? And use level for the players we don't have any info already because we haven't selected them (and put them after the rest). So, if we want to have all the info, we'd manually select each player in the league. I can see myself doing it once at the start of a league and go with the cached data afterwards, as it keeps updating when I select a player.

Also, no resorting every time we select a player, just cache the new data and use it next time we enter the league.

Of course I'd default something like that as disabled, if you don't know what you're doing it'll be puzzling. But I'd certainly use it.

That still sounds really messy and counter-intuitive as UX goes. "Here's a table that's sort of sorted how you want but not quite unless you click every single player and then immediately reload the league page". In addition, the team power would need to be added to the table to allow for changing the sort column, which is fine with the compact table tweak, but there's no room on the default table currently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 45026831 said:

Honestly I would be more than fine with this solution. The fact that my opponents' colors don't change after I fought them unless I manually click on them started out as an inconvenient but I've grown fond of it and completely integrated it in the way I read the list. It's actually even useful for me now.

Doing this for team power would be great. It should probably be disabled by default, as it's clearly something that only expert try-harding minmaxers like us will bother using, and even then it might not be everyone's cup of tea within that group. But I'd definitely use it, and I'm pretty sure it would help me read my league's evolution. I do click on most opponents most days anyway. :$

I'm definitely weary of the IP bans that could result in taking the second route, not to mention the lag and other potential issues.

• Like 1

I thought about it too, and Numbers already pointed out the limitations.

I was thinking about cleaner and safer alternatives. I'm a bit too lazy to try it myself atm, but sorting by this might be interesting:

playerLevel + (numberOfPlayers - playerRank)

(Or some other function of the two, if you'd want to play with values)

• Thinking 1

1 hour ago, FinderKeeper said:

playerLevel + (numberOfPlayers - playerRank)

(Or some other function of the two, if you'd want to play with values)

If we actually had the info, sorting players by average points would be close to ideal in most cases. But since we only have their current rank and total number of points, most of the time extrapolating how well that player is currently performing from that can be very misleading. There are weaker opponents who rush early on but don't finish in top 15, yet are temporarily shown really high during the week, and big sharks who lurk in the shadows until the last day sometimes.

So ranking during the league is rarely useful and I can't see how combining it with the number of players would make it a better indicator. It's also what the default system currently shows as much as it can anyway. Both for players who have the same player level when you sort by that, and for your remaining opponents regardless of their player level when you sort by "challenged".

Total girl power is a decent shortcut for how strong of an opponent you're dealing with (even if their team can change and they might show a weaker team for defense than they actually use to attack). So even if it would be trickier to implement, it seems worth it to me.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1