Suggestion for Myth Misses Event

Nonya

Just wanted to say I think the art for the Myth Misses Event is pretty exceptional to the point that it would be a shame to never make use of the characters.

These girls are mythic girls.  I think it's a lost opportunity to keep them at 3 stars.  I'd suggest at least 5, maybe even the full 6 stars while keeping most of them epic.  That results in several benefits to the game: 

1.)  Introduces several more usable epic rarity girls providing for more diverse teams and experiences.  Useful epics are in short supply so introducing a few 5's or 6's would freshen up the gameplay experience.  If they were given 6 stars that would shake up quite a few lineups resulting in us having to think a little and reassess where resources are going.  

2.) Gives us an opportunity to see them once in a while as opposed to them being completely forgotten resulting in the work that went into creating them being almost entirely wasted.

3.) Gives us a stronger incentive to go after them all by the usual methods.  Meaning more Kobans/purchases for you.

Bottomline:  I hope a few changes are made so that the quality new "mythic" additions are able to live up to their mythic standards so they aren't relegated to the basement never to be seen/used again.

• Like 1
  • Hug 1

5 hours ago, Nonya said:

I'd suggest at least 5, maybe even the full 6 stars

You forget that behind the Stars you still need to make the appropriate number of poses of the girl and scenes, and these are pictures and meaningful texts that must match the characters of the girls.

• Like 1

They are too cheap to obtain. You can collect one by natural combativity regen, and one from tickets, so both for free.

If you do the math by comparing a Mythic resources cost and bundles, you'll see KK think a Mythic should cost hundreds of dollars. They will not give away something so valuable for free (and technically to everyone just logged in).

To consider "people should think a bit more" is equal "more complex metagame" and except me, you, and probably a bunch of others, the base is made of no brainer, clicker players that doesn't want to think much about. They already think a lot how to beat competitors in Leagues and how to max out every single event within months.

If the game was different, like a deck making game with active gameplay, you could use cheapest cards in combo to surprise the opponents. Here is more like trump cards: the stronger win. What you'll do by adding "variations" is only to replicate the same model - at a given point in time, Anniversary Bunna will be the stronger card and you'll use it. If not, you will not use it. Nothing that increase gameplay at all.

If you think the art is exceptional, use one as waifu: you'll see her much more than actual gameplay. Think my poor Luxuria, she'll never enter a proper team T_T.

Edited by lepidocter
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Master-17 said:

You forget that behind the Stars you still need to make the appropriate number of poses of the girl and scenes, and these are pictures and meaningful texts that must match the characters of the girls.

It wouldn't be the first time they updated characters.  Every epic, rare and common 5-star in the game was initially 3-stars.  Perhaps you forgot.

7 hours ago, lepidocter said:

They are too cheap to obtain. You can collect one by natural combativity regen, and one from tickets, so both for free.

If you do the math by comparing a Mythic resources cost and bundles, you'll see KK think a Mythic should cost hundreds of dollars. They will not give away something so valuable for free (and technically to everyone just logged in).

To consider "people should think a bit more" is equal "more complex metagame" and except me, you, and probably a bunch of others, the base is made of no brainer, clicker players that doesn't want to think much about. They already think a lot how to beat competitors in Leagues and how to max out every single event within months.

If the game was different, like a deck making game with active gameplay, you could use cheapest cards in combo to surprise the opponents. Here is more like trump cards: the stronger win. What you'll do by adding "variations" is only to replicate the same model - at a given point in time, Anniversary Bunna will be the stronger card and you'll use it. If not, you will not use it. Nothing that increase gameplay at all.

If you think the art is exceptional, use one as waifu: you'll see her much more than actual gameplay. Think my poor Luxuria, she'll never enter a proper team T_T.

Keeping in mind that they should retain their classification and not be officially bumped up to mythic, the previously mentioned 5 star epic/rare/commons were given away in the same manner.  So they were collected just as cheaply or cheaper in the case of the starting girls.

The strategy coming into play would be requiring players to question whether another 5/6 star non-legendary/mythic is worth collecting or building?  Obviously, for those that whale the question is irrelevant, but such is always the case in these games.

I feel a larger library of functionally playable epic characters would benefit the game.  If others still disagree, so be it.

• Like 2
  • Surprised :O 1

2 hours ago, Nonya said:

It wouldn't be the first time they updated characters.  Every epic, rare and common [A number of Common and Rare] 5-star in the game was initially 3-stars.  Perhaps you forgot.

No, but it would be the first time in years. They used to have plans to upgrade most if not all Starters, and a lot of Commons and Rares (the permanent ones from Adventure Mode) to 5 stars. But that plan was scrapped along the way, and just like Tier 2 and 3 beyond Pandora Witch, there's no sign that this will be resumed eventually or not. Most likely not, given how much the game has changed and Kinkoid's focus has switched to more and more events and limited slash exclusive girls since the last time a former 3-star girl was upgraded into a 5-star girl (and all the girls that have had this honor at the time were free, permanent girls back then). That was about 3 years ago, I remember I had not been playing for long when the last few upgrades of this type were released (the last batch included Rin, Cunegonde and Zoe, IIRC).

Since then (circa World 12: Splatters Archipelago), they just switched to making every free main Adventure girl for each world and the (Tier 1) Alpha of each world's villain 5-star girls right away, and the rest have been destined to be 3-stars permanently.

In terms of non-legendary event girls getting 5 stars, that's even less likely to ever return. We only ever got 4 of these, 2 Rares and 2 Epics, and they were ALL released in the same 4-month window, all the way back to 5 years ago:

2017 5-star Event Girls Fad.png

It seems very clear that it's something they tried out and decided to discontinue, never to be seen or heard of again (not even to make one 5-star Epic of each Rarity Class; at least many further 5-star Rares came from World map and villains later on, but no other Epic ever).

Please understand what people actually tell you. It's not about agreeing with you or not. It's about explaining you that this suggestion is highly unlikely to happen anytime soon, if ever. The old non-Legendary 5-stars are relics from the past and don't fit in Kinkoid's current plans. Just so you don't get your hopes up for nothing. I'd love to get more 5-star Epics in particular, but that's simply not going to happen (unless they eventually move up from Rare to Epic for the default couple of free 5-stars per World, as they moved from Common to Rare for World 10, a million years ago or so).

So yeah, you're good at listing what would be in it for you. Problem is there's nothing in it for Kinkoid, on the contrary. They're already complaining about how much all the monthly art commissions cost them, and that's for events that cost kobans, and now even real-money with the current Golden Anniversary scheme. So for girls they virtually give away for free or for very little? I can't see that happening... Can you?

EDIT: 

2 hours ago, Nonya said:

Every epic, rare and common 5-star in the game was initially 3-stars.

Actually, no, you're plain wrong in this assumption. Most of the old 5-star Starters and Commons started out as 3-Stars and were later upgraded to 5-Stars (often with very noticeable changes in style and theme for the two added scenes and poses). Both of the only 5-Star Epics that exist in the game were released as such right away (see above), however, and so were most 5-Star Rares. From World 12 onwards, all 5-star girls were released as such, no further upgrade from 3 to 5 happened again.

So yeah, this circles back to "please listen and be a bit more humble". You're not as much of an expert on this game as you seem to think, and you're missing key info and understanding of the current context and business strategy of Kinkoid to even notice just how naive your suggestion really is.

Of course, you're free to suggest whatever. But when it's completely unrealistic in every aspect, don't be surprised if knowledgeable players tell you so and provide you with the context to hopefully see why and how it's not going to happen.

And that's not even addressing your casual 6-star suggestion, which seems so ignorant of the meta game as to actually just come across as cute (Mythics are nothing but overpriced Legendaries with a 6th Star tacked on, FYI. In terms or stats and battle power, a Mythic is exactly like a Legendary until you purchase that 6th star). A 6-star Epic would be QUITE the powerhouse, even unblessed, probably at least on par with a 5-star Legendary if not stronger. So if such format was to appear, it would not be a small change. And definitely not for cheap regular event girls.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

A 6-star Epic would be QUITE the powerhouse, even unblessed, probably at least on par with a 5-star Legendary if not stronger. So if such format was to appear, it would not be a small change. And definitely not for cheap regular event girls.

That'd be the point, my fine fellow.  Change is good.  Also, may convert some folks into spenders out of the deal. 

Likelihood, of the suggestion actually occurring is unimportant.

Edited by Nonya
  • Haha 1