New player feedback...part 1?

TaironLocke

Hello again friendly people! Wanted to give my feedback and thoughts on the game to date. I am some 5-6 weeks in and am level 250 for context. 

1. I do appreciate how quickly new players seem to be brought along and am satisfied with my power growth. However, I feel like there should have been some sort of catch up mechanic for Pantheon. It has, to date, been nothing more than a boring slog with decent rewards few and far between. I suggest lowering the refill timer until a certain level. 

2. Champions should reset on the day and not be locked to my specific attempt. That way I am not always chasing myself and inevitably losing days on them.

3. There should be a highly descriptive in game calendar. For a game that centers itself around events this is a no brainer. I cant even see what an upcoming event will be and do until it is upon me. 

4. Imo, the gold monthly card could use a boost. Otherwise imma just stick with the silver guy. 

5. The season system is ridiculous (though I do like playing it, and the rewards are great). You have built a system here that punishes you for refilling or gaining extra kisses. There is literally no benefit to getting ahead. I have been battling the same six guys the whole season. I would like to see this system reworked so you can progress through it at a higher rate without being punished severely for it.

6. I just need more information all over the place. I have heard people talking about using scripts for this stuff but my policy with games is even everyone is using an addon, just add it to the game. 

7. Everything in the market that costs Kobans costs too much. And don't get me started on using Kobans for upgrades, is that some kind of joke? Y'all just have thousands and thousands of kobans lying around but no Ymen? Makes no sense to me. 

8. More on teh market, I wanna know why at level 250 the equipment store is still a worthless pile of garbage. I don't think an entire section of the store should be completely outside my consideration. I am getting best items offered everywhere but here, why is that? 

9. Finally, I would like better passive income. I know people have been telling me that EVENTUALLY I will be super rich but for now and as a new player this was really disappointing. At first you get those three really powerful money earners and you expect that that is how its gonna go. I will get girls, upgrade them and snowball it into huge income. Instead, everything outside those girls has been near worthless since.

Ty for your time and responses. Hopefully can get good a decent discussion going down below!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TaironLocke said:

However, I feel like there should have been some sort of catch up mechanic for Pantheon. It has, to date, been nothing more than a boring slog with decent rewards few and far between. I suggest lowering the refill timer until a certain level. 

You will fast enough reach a wall in Pantheon. The first 500 steps are mostly easy, but most new players has problems at least at lvl800. Pantheon is not a speed up race.

There should be a highly descriptive in game calendar. For a game that centers itself around events this is a no brainer. I cant even see what an upcoming event will be and do until it is upon me. 

Kinkoid (or at least the one that decide it) think that is thrilling and more enjoyable to have the calender in that way. Here you can have some informations from events to identify new ones: https://harem-battle.club/wiki/Harem-Heroes

5. The season system is ridiculous (though I do like playing it, and the rewards are great). You have built a system here that punishes you for refilling or gaining extra kisses. There is literally no benefit to getting ahead. I have been battling the same six guys the whole season. I would like to see this system reworked so you can progress through it at a higher rate without being punished severely for it.

If you progress (not in mojo, in lvl) the pool of possible opponents will increase. Most newer had issues to get to 11.500 Mojo and in the first time it's impossible. But this will change with higher levels. A lot of high level player use only parts of the natural regen for kisses to get the second girl.

3 hours ago, TaironLocke said:

6. I just need more information all over the place. I have heard people talking about using scripts for this stuff but my policy with games is even everyone is using an addon, just add it to the game. 

There was a poll some months ago and in this Kinkoid asked if some specific features from the HH++ script should be included in the core game. Sadly until now we don't know how the player voted and which features will be added...

3 hours ago, TaironLocke said:

9. Finally, I would like better passive income. I know people have been telling me that EVENTUALLY I will be super rich but for now and as a new player this was really disappointing. At first you get those three really powerful money earners and you expect that that is how its gonna go. I will get girls, upgrade them and snowball it into huge income. Instead, everything outside those girls has been near worthless since.

They had rebalanced the income from selling equipment some months ago. They nerfed the income very drastically and decided to boost the first three starter from normal girl income to the now extrem high values. Best income in early game are Champions and after you are able to run PoPs with full speed (min 7h) and has upgraded the first 3 PoPs you will earn enough Great Pachinko x10 to get enough equipment to sell. In my Harem are more than 1000 girls and If I would collect every day one time I would get ca. 8.000.000, selling one epic item is more than 1.100.000. 9 GPx10 per day is normal with 3 permanent PoPs at max and so selling equipment is the best Ymen generator.

• Like 4

Il y a 5 heures, TaironLocke a dit :

1. I do appreciate how quickly new players seem to be brought along and am satisfied with my power growth. However, I feel like there should have been some sort of catch up mechanic for Pantheon. It has, to date, been nothing more than a boring slog with decent rewards few and far between. I suggest lowering the refill timer until a certain level. 

Pantheon is not a rush; it's a long term, slow grind feature. The first few months feel weird (Especially when the Pantheon was released, for veteran players who were able to blast through 1300-1400 floors without any difficulty; it took them 4-5 months to get there just because of the slow refill).

However, once you reach your first wall (Usually 700~900 for newer players), you'll find that refilling Pantheon is not the limiting factor anymore: your own power will be. You'll have to wait to get a better team, better players stats and/or better blessings.

2. Champions should reset on the day and not be locked to my specific attempt. That way I am not always chasing myself and inevitably losing days on them.

Not sure where you're going with that. Of course, there are many parts of the game that could be simplified/accelerated, but the game is a long term marathon, and planning your resources (including Champion timers) is a big part of it.

Of course, everyone can argue whether this is a good thing or not. I don't mind it.

3. There should be a highly descriptive in game calendar. For a game that centers itself around events this is a no brainer. I cant even see what an upcoming event will be and do until it is upon me. 

Yeah, that would be great. Fortunately, regular events are extremely predictable, since the same pattern repeats every month. Just look at last month's calendar, and you'll know this month's calendar*. New events/features are a bit less predictable (Sometimes they show up on the test server first), and special one-time events are almost impossible to predict (Which is super annoying).

* Not for July/August though, since this is the Anniversary period. Most of the usual events still take place, but some extra events might replace regular ones, and/or be added in parallel.

I agree that punishing players for rushing is a bit weird. I've gotten used to it, so like many players who like to plan their resources, I usually don't spend anything at the beginning of the month, until the first Kinky Cumpetition event (3~10 days into the month).

The script is more about "usability" than "more information". It makes existing information more prominent. I'm not sure which additional information you'd like, though.

7. Everything in the market that costs Kobans costs too much. And don't get me started on using Kobans for upgrades, is that some kind of joke? Y'all just have thousands and thousands of kobans lying around but no Ymen? Makes no sense to me. 

These prices have been defined probably 5-6 years ago, at the beginning of the game. The economy was very different back then. This is very frequent in this kind of game, with resource traps for careless (or mindless) players. Also, KK is not known for its great balancing capabilities :)

There are still a few good deals in the market, but most items are indeed not worth buying. And even though this was mentioned by the community on day 1 after e.g. Mythic Affection/XP items have been introduced, KK doesn't care. I guess there are enough players who buy them (Not realizing how much resources they lose in the process, or not caring). So, if these players are happy and KK is happy, and everyone else who can do basic math can just ignore these items, I guess it's fine?

It really makes no sense to me either, though. :)

8. More on teh market, I wanna know why at level 250 the equipment store is still a worthless pile of garbage. I don't think an entire section of the store should be completely outside my consideration. I am getting best items offered everywhere but here, why is that? 

Again, the market is a Day 1 feature; the huge pile of GPx10 we get from PoP (And other places of the game) are relatively new. So, it probably made sense at some point, and then became obsolete, like a few other things in the game.

KK wants to update the market, though, so this might be fixed/rebalanced eventually. But we've been waiting for at least a year, so I'm not sure when this is actually going to happen :) Or maybe they'll just update the UI and don't change any of the items. Who knows?

Il y a 6 heures, TaironLocke a dit :

At every stage of the game, some resources will cause bottlenecks. At the early stages, it's Ymen. Later on, it's XP and/or Gems. Or girls. Or player XP/Level.

Cash income for new players is a lot better than it was just 1 year ago, and level 350+ players still have unlimited cash; I doubt it will be changed again (At least not significantly).

These 3 girls are actually the "better passive income" that players have been asking for, and IMO the cash balance is fine now (You have to manage your cash, but you don't need to wait 3 months just to upgrade 1 L5 girl anymore). And the fact that early game Harem Income is focused on 3 girls makes it easier for F2P players, who can't really afford to collect cash from dozens/hundreds of girls every hour (Apparently you're using a Silver Card, so you don't have this issue :) )

• Like 4