Blessings working both ways

So, #TIL that not only are our guys affected by the weekly "Blessing" buffs, but our opponents are as well. Not just the PvP matchups, but even the Pantheon battles as well.

I'm currently stuck @ floor 1000, and generally not even bothering to try at the moment because the stats disparity is laughably huge. But, since it counts for one of today's contests, I went in and blew through my 10 chances despite knowing there was no chance of me winning.

Well, if I'd thought that before, it was doubly true after I discovered that ALL SEVEN of the guys on the opposing side currently have green stats, meaning what I'm facing up against is THIS:

image.thumb.png.0a7ed99edb06dba29932e5a3059289ea.png

A couple of days ago, those stats were something like 95K / 460K / 45K / 65K. (And I had no chance of beating them then, with a best-stats team that comes in around 57K / 405K / 26K / 50K.)

I think it's safe to say I can sit this out for another month or three.

Edited by NYPup2Train
Add link to prior pantheon discussion

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2022 at 10:25 PM, Oliver66 said:

this should be fixed tomorrow after the update is added.

No doubt it was, but currently — at least for floor 1000 — it's true again, but organically. One of the current blessings is to Mythic rarity, and all of the floor 1000 guys are Mythic.

• 9 months later...
On 9/30/2022 at 3:23 AM, Eckos said:

Floor 1000 is more or less a milestone anyways. I'm Level 416 currently with three fully upgraded Mythics and one half upgraded one and I still fail to get past 1000.

By now I am stuck for three months at this level. 😜

I made it off just a few days ago, when I finally made my peace with the simple reality of the situation: Players get to sit on floor 1000 for as long as it takes them to accept that the only way to win, is by plonking down the necessary Bonbons Kobans to purchase and equip one of these:

image.png.52493b5d65c3b1d488c7a3bf99e05ed0.png

So last week (after more than a full year stuck on floor 1000), I finally did that. And as expected, easily breezed through the battle. And so I'm now (rapidly!) wasting the remaining 199 charges of that booster on piddly main-campaign villain fights and in-betweeney Pantheon floors where I could just as easily win without the boost.

(Which means, of course, that by the time I reach the next floor that will require boosted stats in order to win, those 200 charges will all have been spent, and the only choice will be to purchase another. I knew right up front that I was really buying it for just a single use. Nobody ever accused Kinkoid of failing to cleverly engineer their currency vacuum for maximum possible suction.)

Edited by NYPup2Train

From my experience with pantheon I'd recommend to anyone to not bother using any mythic boosters for it until at least floor 1700. All the floors beforehand can be won without the booster and realistically won't have much hope of beating 1700, 1800, 1900 and especially 2000 until you're capable of beating 1600 without a booster. Because of how the headband booster is setup, yeah, you'll need to buy a new one every 100 levels and at floors 1900 and 2000 you might even have a few failed attempts before you finally do it. It's a terrible feature with terrible balancing.

• Thinking 1