The Orbs Strategy

lepidocter

I had to say that I didn't figured out yet how to face some of the game events.

What I'm supposed to do when 20+ girls are marked as available on the Pachinko? Roll so much to drop them all?

My Epic Pachinko already host dozens of girls.

And, if you can manage to roll the Pachinko *so much*, where all those orbs come from? I collect everything but they get spent in other events (LC one of it). PoP already maxed, Season Pass active - i collect the things so... what am I missing?

So, practically the question is about the whole strategy on pachinko (I never dare to ask before).

• Like 2

I think there is not one "the one and only correct strategy" for Pachinko, only the strategy that fit for someone himself. So I will tell you my sight:

Befor you haven't cleared the EpP Pool there is no serious participation for the Pachinko girls in OD and CE. In the last months we had a aditional permanent EpP Pool Girl every month (The new Pachinko only Girl in OD) and on top the new Brand Ambassadors, so you can expect aditional 14-16 Girls per year in EpP. At the moment we have 211 girls in the pool.

With the droprate from EpP you can expect that you need 25-30 Orbs per drop. It's a long journey to clear the pool with EpP Orbs, but with a little luck you can gain some EpP-Pool girls from MyP too. I can confirm that you can get 70+ EpPx1 Orbs every month if you can run the PoPs three time a day and get 3 EpP Orbs per drop. So you can expect 3 girls from EpP every month and perhaps some aditional from MyP. With the rare EpPx10 and Draft Orbs you can get in events you can expect to get 60 girls per anno from Epic Pachinko, 72 if you can afford the Bonus Path of PoA.

Until you have less than 10 permanent EpP Girls in the Pool my recommendation is to spend EpPx1 Orbs in LC and Daily Contests to lower the amount of remainig permanent pool girls. After this you can think about to ignore Daily Contest and Focus on CE as first target for the EpPx1. So you lower the amount of possible OD Girls and with the help from MyP you can clear OD so you don't need much Orbs here. I personally (cleared EpP Pool) spend EpPx1 Orbs at the moment on CE, some lesser amount on OD and on LC. My gaining in the last months was 120+ EpPx1 Orbs but this is a result of a very active player with the max of 4 EpPx1 Orbs per PoP-drop and regulary top4 in D3 (16 Orbs per month)

• Like 8

I think there are mainly 2 strategies:

- Strategy 1: Spend tons of $€£ and use Kobans to roll pachinko (In that case, it's better to go for the EPx10 at 5400 Kobans)

- Strategy 2: Spend tons of years and slowly grind the girls in Orgy Days. Eventually your Pachinko Pool will become smaller, and then you can focus some EP orbs on the Pachinko girls for Classic/OD

I haven't tried either of these 2 strategies, so that's all I can say about it.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 3

2 hours ago, lepidocter said:

So, practically the question is about the whole strategy on pachinko (I never dare to ask before).

That's a fair question any dedicated player must ask themselves at some point. Leaving aside the whaling it out "solution" (more of a cheat code, really, no strategy involved when you can bulldoze everything with real-life cash ^^ but thanks to them for supporting this game we love)...

Time. Time is the most crucial factor, and then there are of course a number of choices you can make both to form a long-term cohesive plan to reach the goal of emptying your EP pool, and short-term to stick to it and work towards this goal the best you can. All in all, it takes about two years, give or take, to empty your EP pool as a F2P or small budget player if you have a clear strategy for it and you consistently stick to it.

There are different ways to go about this, but no, none of them involves actually brute-forcing your way through the pool with an army of EP orbs, at least until you are already very close to emptying the pool, and most definitely NEVER during an event that adds temporary girls to your EP pool.

Here are the main guidelines:

1. Never ever use EP orbs during any event that adds event girls to the EP pool (CE and OD, primarily).

2. Regularly use your EP orbs outside of events, while only the permanent EP pachinko girls are available.

3. Whenever possible, prioritize permanent EP girls in MP rotations. Save your MP orbs for them as priorities. Skip event girls from MP entirely.

4. Play your OD events diligently, but skip the part about pachinko entirely. Always make sure to catch the new girl introduced on a villain! She's a new permanent EP girl; you don't want her to be added to your EP pool when you can instead grab her on the cheap during the event.

Slowly but surely, you will take girls out of your permanent EP pool, hopefully a bit faster than they get added (currently only two a month are added consistently, during OD, one of which you can catch before she gets your EP pool growing, as mentioned above). Occasionally, they'll add a handful of new ones outside of OD, but that hasn't happened in many months. Fingers crossed.

Eventually, you'll get less and less past event girls available in MP rotations and more and more permanent EP girls, and any you catch this way is way cheaper and benefits you more in the long run than getting her from EP orbs or using your MP orbs for past event girls. It's not very intuitive, but very efficient and a tried and true system to do this, over a fairly long time. Time. That's still the main factor.

Good luck have fun. Don't hesitate if you have any followup questions (before "okay, I've emptied the pool, now what?" which should inevitably come in a year or two ^^).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

My strategy during my first 2,5 years was (F2P Player):

My general target: having "all" girls, but with a long term strategy. That means getting less girls in the beginning to spend resources on more important stuff which can speed up the process later. In my perspective I was pretty successful with it. For pachinko that means:

Phase 1 (Epic pachinko is full of girls):

- at the beginning of my player career I kept most of my Epic Pachinko Orbs and rarely spend them. I wanted to keep them for the post lvl 300 era

-- to be honest, I'm not totally sure what my idea was. Even that is a long time ago^^

-- I think I thought it would be good idea, because of more valuable equippement you can get from pachinko and the levelling is slower. Money was a problem until ~ lvl 300

- only spend Epic Pachinko Orbs during a suitable contest. Usually the best one is where you get 50k for a girl. Pachinko Contest is also ok. That did not change and I follow this rule until phase 2

- this helped me also after the BDSM change, because I had a good stack of pachinko orbs which provided me with a nice amount of gems. but that was just lucky.

- Mythic Pachinko orbs are also stacked until 

-- a suitable contest pops up and girls were available

-- a 5 star legendary was available

-- later also when a girl was available which was part of epic pachinko (to help empty the pool there)

-- even when girls are available for me, I usually keep my orbs for a better situation

-- they are a good resource to spend on the CbC (when girls are available), which is way more important than usual contests.

Phase 2 (Epic pachinko is cleared)

- that state is pretty new to me. I achieved this during last classic contest. So I'm not that experienced here

- my plan is to do it more or less than before, but try to spend more during classic event to get all girls there and getting the chest

Edited by MrXY
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Liliat said:

- Strategy 2: Spend tons of years and slowly grind the girls in Orgy Days. Eventually your Pachinko Pool will become smaller, and then you can focus some EP orbs on the Pachinko girls for Classic/OD

Not really. It might just be your phrasing, but this sounds incorrect to me. The only pool you're reducing in OD is your MP pool, not your EP pool (you can only prevent it from getting one new girl added, out of two, since the second one is always pachinko only).

You can focus EP orbs for CE, OD and other girls temporary appearing in EP once you have your permanent EP pool empty, yes. But knowing this doesn't help getting there either.

To empty the permanent EP pool, you need to focus on catching the permanent EP pool girls, until you have them all (of course even after that, whenever new ones get added, they need top priority to keep your EP pool empty). OD doesn't help for that (it only help slowing down the growth of the permanent EP pool, by +1 girl a month down from +2).

What helps is shifting focus to permanent EP girls in MP rotations, and spending EP orbs when only permanent EP girls are available. There's no magic trick beyond these two practices. And for sure, it's a grind, but it's best to simply implement it as part of one's routine until the goal is reached rather than worrying about it and eagerly counting the girls and the months/years along the way. ^^

10 minutes ago, Julius Fox said:

@DvDivXXX What's the easiest way to tell if a girl in the MP rotation is from the permanent EP pool?

You check her wiki page and when you see exactly this, it's a permanent EP girl:
image.png

That's the case for all 3 girls in today's MP rotation on .com, incidentally.

Otherwise, the wiki will always specify the girl's original event, event type, and more, like this for instance:image.png

Or that for exactly the 14 oldest LD girls who are in the MP pool as remnants of more generous days:image.png

Of course, you're already familiar with the thread dedicated to MP rotations (on .com at least).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

21 minutes ago, MrXY said:

Phase 2 (Epic pachinko is cleared)

- that state is pretty new to me. I achieved this during last classic contest. So I'm not that experienced here

- my plan is to do it more or less than before, but try to spend more during classic event to get all girls there and getting the chest

Welcome to the club. ❤️ The chest should be icing on the cake, at least until you're secure enough in your EP pool staying empty (you should always keep a bunch of EP orbs stashed for newcomers). But yeah, that's one of the main advantages of having grabbed all the permanent EP girls: your EP pachinko essentially becomes a much better version of what Event Pachinko could have been if it wasn't a noob trap.

At that point, the MP focus switches completely, of course. When you're done catching all the permanent EP girls, you can finally start grabbing some of those past event girls without shooting yourself in the foot for the long-term EP pool strategy. ^^

-------
PS: Another thing that helped quite a bit in my time (and most of MrXY's and many others who have their EP pool empty now, no doubt) was Epic Days. Alas, that event format was discontinued and we now have monthly Legendary Days instead... But it should still be doable regardless. After all, when I started 3 years ago, there was ED every other month, but there were no orbs and so many other things that help more. But I still wanted to mention it for the sake of being honest and comprehensive. ED helped me take a couple of girls out of my EP pool per month, on average, even though for most of that era at least 2 but often up to 4 new girls were added to the pool every month... ^^

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

il y a une heure, DvDivXXX a dit :

Not really. It might just be your phrasing, but this sounds incorrect to me. The only pool you're reducing in OD is your MP pool, not your EP pool (you can only prevent it from getting one new girl added, out of two, since the second one is always pachinko only).

Joke aside, I don't even know where "Permanent EP girls" are coming from. I still have 400+ girls in MP and 100+ in EP, and so far, both pools keep increasing faster than I can reduce them (Although my recent semi-focus on CE/OD could make things a bit better in the next few months, maybe).

I haven't cleared the 14 old LD girls yet, so my MP orbs are solely focused on that (Plus some accidental grabs during CbC). And then I'll start working on the MP pool. Permanent EP Pool? I'll probably quit the game before I even get close to clearing it :)

So, yeah, don't take anything I say regarding Pachinko too seriously.

• Haha 1

@Liliat No worries. But just so you know, if/when you're interested in that: the permanent EP pool is something stable, specific, and very very small compared to the MP pool (for starters, the MP pool includes the entire EP pool, so... ^^). Most of the girls in there don't come from anywhere, that's the point: they were originally (and still kind of are, for the most part) exclusive to Epic Pachinko. A whole bunch of them were already in there when the game launched (all the old 3-star Epics, basically ^^). For years, there were new girls added to the EP regularly, it was a thing: as in, they don't exist, and then Patch Notes come out and they're directly added to EP.

Now, technically, many of them showed up in past events, the now defunct Epic Days primarily, but that's not their point of origin. Traditionally, back in the ED days, they would also add one or two brand-new permanent EP girls to be the star(s) of each ED event; but even those were still not event girls, they were simply Epic Pachniko girls that you had a chance to grab on a villain during one event after their release. Similarly, there's now a tradition of adding two permanent EP girls during each Orgy Days event; these are slightly different and easier to confuse with event girls, since they're specifically designed to each match the theme of one of the past events revived during the OD. They're still permanent EP girls from day one, though. And for the past year or so, they've been the only consistent source of new additions to the permanent EP pool (which used to grow much faster).

The MP pool is comprised of the entirety of the EP pool, plus the 14 old LD girls, plus every past CE girl ever (up to the most recent MP pool update). It's not only like 10 times bigger, it keeps growing at a rate of at least 8 girls per month (6 from CE and two from EP/OD). So it's actually the opposite of what you seem to think: clearing the MP pool is such a daunting task that only the biggest of whales and/or the oldest of active veterans are even close. Clearing the EP pool is a very reliably doable task in comparison, and dozens of forum regulars and hundreds of late game active players have done it (myself included).

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

The MP pool is comprised of the entirety of the EP pool, plus the 14 old LD girls, plus every past CE girl ever (up to the most recent MP pool update). It's not only like 10 times bigger, it keeps growing at a rate of at least 8 girls per month (6 from CE and two from EP/OD). So it's actually the opposite of what you seem to think: clearing the MP pool is such a daunting task that only the biggest of whales and/or the oldest of active veterans are even close. Clearing the EP pool is a very reliably doable task in comparison, and dozens of forum regulars and hundreds of late game active players have done it (myself included).

Sorry to go slightly off topic, but are the CE's the ones at the start of the month (so Roman Romance for Sept 2022) ? I'm contemplating compiling my own MP pool list. Ta