Omer B's Questions (League & General Game Approach)

OmerB

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

Stop double posting. I told you already: it's spammy. When the latest post in the thread is yours and you want to add something, EDIT your post instead of making a new one.

But if I'll edit my last post, how will anyone notice and answer me? Do you get notifications everytime that someone is editing their posts?

I think that I asked some good questions in my last post, so I'll appreciate it very much if an experienced player will answer them. I was eagerly waiting to read your answers to it, and was disappointed to see your reply 😢 I thought that I have shown that I'm slowly starting to get a grasp on this game mechanism, but there are things that I don't know (so I've asked).

Edited by OmerB
  • Thinking 1

33 minutes ago, OmerB said:

But if I'll edit my last post, how will anyone notice and answer me?

For starters, I (and all the other mods) get a notification every time YOU in particular do ANYTHING on this forum, because I've locked your content so it doesn't appear until approved by a mod after reading your first two posts (and that was definitely the right call).

Also, people in this community are grown-ups. They don't ask toddler-level questions like that. Could you please confirm you are indeed over 18 years of age? I'm starting to seriously suspect it might not be the case.

And yeah, everybody and their cousin notices you, don't worry about that. :D 

I'm done answering your questions for now. I told you that. You don't know enough to even understand the answers, so it's a waste of my time. And time is everything in this game. It's a game that's played over YEARS. So stop trying to get everything TODAY, okay? Cheers.

• Thinking 1

3 hours ago, OmerB said:

When are you playing Epic and Mythic Pachinko?

Depends on your situation at which point it's useful to play Pachinko. In general play Epic only with matching Daily or Legendary contest until you cleared the pool. Mythic Pachinko is mostly worth to play in Cumback Contest and if a 5* is avalaible.

3 hours ago, OmerB said:

Is there a reason to delay collecting my prizes from the daily contest (i.e. 27.4k ymens and 10 gems)?

No good reason I can see. Exception could be to save contests were you end 26th+ to use the 1 combativity later, but it's a really small bonus and in my eyes not worth to do so.

3 hours ago, OmerB said:

And when do you collect the ymens from your girls?

5/6* at 3-5 times a day, rest never. As fully f2p with more than 1100 Girls not worth. The income is to low for the work. Another thing for card holders.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2022 at 9:56 PM, Julius Fox said:

You should definitely upgrade PoP, not as much for the girls but for the orbs. Upgrading each to at least Level 4 should be done ASAP. From there the next big increase in orbs is Level 9, so you should do that when you have the kobans.

You have a ways to go in upgrading your stats (and the amount you can upgrade increases each time you level up). The good  news is that the increase in GPx10 orbs you will get from leveling PoP will give you more items to sell for Ymen. I'd recommend focusing on your main stat for a while since Attack Power is more important than Defense or Harmony. Eventually you will reach a point where the stat is maxed and you'll have to wait until your next level up to increase it any more.

I'm having them on 4th grade. So, if I understand you, is it better to upgrade one PoP from 4th to 9th grade, than upgrading three to grade 5-6?

About the hero's stats (in the market), is there a table or a formula that shows how many ymens are needed to upgrade the stats to Max for each level (let's say for 50 levels increaments, like for level 200, 250, 300, 400... 500)? I would like to know how much ymens will it cost in general. And how will I see the affect of the increaments on my stats? Do they affect the champions fight?

And last, is it worth it for me to pay kobans for the extra prizes column in the PoV?

Edited by OmerB

2 hours ago, OmerB said:

I'm having them on 4th grade. So, if I understand you, is it better to upgrade one PoP from 4th to 9th grade, than upgrading three to grade 5-6?

The three permanent PoPs should be at lvl9 at least (3 tickets/Orbs, lvl10 is one ticket more and no changing in Orbs). To do this as fast as possible - power if girl wise, not Koban - is the best you can do with Koban because with ther Orbs you are able to win contests so you will get the Koban back.

2 hours ago, OmerB said:

About the hero's stats (in the market), is there a table or a formula that shows how many ymens are needed to upgrade the stats to Max for each level (let's say for 50 levels increaments, like for level 200, 250, 300, 400... 500)? I would like to know how much ymens will it cost in general. And how will I see the affect of the increaments on my stats? Do they affect the champions fight?

My Know How stats at lvl500 (avalaible data with HH++)

grafik.png.670d7dd52a198d27273ba9b45edb1e0b.png

Because of this Bonus grafik.png.bf1443c758be56b30c0120b00e52dc76.png for example it will surely effect all fights. Main stat gives Endurance and attack, the other defense and harmony.

2 hours ago, OmerB said:

And last, is it worth it for me to pay kobans for the extra prizes column in the PoV?

Depends on you. I know players who say that Bonus Path is not worth, I think it's worth but this depends on playstyle, game goals, situation in game and avalaible Koban and all parts are different for each player. So no yes or no.

29 minutes ago, aike said:

Old threat I found when searching for this.

A little bit outdated at the first glimpse. They changed some things so the fromulas from theese days are not more relevant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

For the first time, I saw maxed on one of my stats in the market :)

I was basically playing handicapped until now, because I didn't know the importance of the MC stats (a screenshot from few days ago, now it's even higher). I still won't try to fight in D3, at least for a few weeks (or more), but I'm gaining girls at a good rate. I want to get my first Mythic in two months (at least).

About using all of my CP and kisses each day (and in the last day of the season), first, I didn't know any better, but second, it's a type of OCD. I'm also having hard time seeing girls that I didn't collect ymens from, so I'm spending many hours collecting them one by one, even the smallest amounts, unless I'm having at least a Silver Card, So I *need* the Silver card to save me lots of time. I read in a few posts that there are few forum members who are dealing with various disturbances, so I hope that you understand me. It's not that bad (not as Chuck Nuts), but as I'm seeing it, we're all having some. It's not zero or one, but shades of grey, but I'm having some hard time seeing uncollected stuff.

I got all of the combativity and the kisses from the PoV, and I'm contemplating now what I should be doing with them and when, because in the mean time, I'm not getting gems and shards from fighting the enemies.

Now, @DvDivXXX, we're playing a very different game, as you are years ahead of me. You're fighting for top pisition in D3, while I'm trying not to promote, still upgrading my PoP and MC stats, and getting as much girls as I can (without using too many kobans).

And last, about the thread you locked in this sub-forum, HH++ and succesful fight percentages: 

I tought that it could be very helpful for beginners, and also it could become an interesting discussion of old-timers and veteran players, about the game engine. First, I read carefully the two threads that you put there, and didn't find an answer. Can you calculate the percentages yourslef without using the script? It's like using training wheels. Secondly, I think that experienced players, like @Liliat or @Ravi-Sana for example, could have made some interesting, helpful and wise remarks about this issue, but you locked it immediately, without giving anyone a chance to respond.

I'm sorry if I'm making a fuss about it, it's not my intention. I just want an answer, and I was surprised that you locked it immediately. I trying to adjust to this forum, I didn't write anything not politely, so I don't think that I should be treated harshly. All the locking and banning don't give a very warm welcoming feeling. I'm just trying to get along, but also to contribute. Would you want this to become only six old-time members forum, posting league screenshots once a week? Or do you want it to be a lively forum, where new and mid-term players can write? As I wrote, I'm playing a very different game than you, we're not competing, because I can't compete with someone who's playing a few years more than me.

Thanks for the tips about the stats (in the market), the league and the PoP, I'm implementing it.

•  

Market stats 22.9.22 2.jpg

Edited by OmerB
correcting mistakes

7 hours ago, OmerB said:

I played very chill on D2, without many boosters, and I still finished 7th :(

Travelling between divisions like this costs you ~1k kobans every time.

If you want to stay in D2, cut the boosters. Also, you can score 3p losses by fielding a weak team and/or using worse equipment. This might become handy when trying to juggle between 16th and 30th positions. I've had a league where gap was just ~30p. Once you're close to D3 caliber you might need to leave some challenges unused.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex_i said:

Also, you can score 3p losses by fielding a weak team and/or using worse equipment. This might become handy when trying to juggle between 16th and 30th positions.

Already told him all that and more as you can see in this QA thread just for him and his billion questions he never seems to read, understand or remember the answers for. Moved your post there too. Don't troll the feed. ;) 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OmerB said:

Now, @DvDivXXX, we're playing a very different game, as you are years ahead of me. You're fighting for top pisition in D3, while I'm trying not to promote, still upgrading my PoP and MC stats, and getting as much girls as I can (without using too many kobans).

Yes, but just because I'm playing the at the top-end of the late game, doesn't mean I don't understand, remember or think about players in every other points of their in-game journey. You seem to assume I'm giving advice based on how things would work for me now, which is not the case at all. I always put myself in the shoes of those I try to advise, and find ideas that could work in their situation. I also tend to read and chat and share with a ton of players, as you can imagine from this forum alone (but also beyond).

I know you're not at all at the same stage in this game as I am, that's why I provided you with a ton of info, tips and tricks on what you should or shouldn't be doing in your situation, not as if you were in mine. For starters, I wouldn't have told you to demote to D1 or D2 if that were the case.

2 hours ago, OmerB said:

about the thread you locked in this sub-forum, HH++ and succesful fight percentages, I tought that it could be very helpful for beginners, and also it could become an interesting discussion of old-timers and veteran players, about the game engine (...) but you locked it immediately, without giving anyone a chance to respond.

Agree to disagree. That thread was biting way more than you can chew for one, and it would have lead to a lot of redundant exchanges we already had in other threads and don't particularly need to have again for your amusement. It's my call, so you're gonna have to accept it.

2 hours ago, OmerB said:

I trying to adjust to this forum, I didn't write anything not politely, so I don't think that I should be treated harshly. All the locking and banning don't give a very warm welcoming feeling. I'm just trying to get along, but to also contribute. 

My problem with you is that you're trying to do way too much way too soon, and all over the place. You got as warm of a welcome as anyone else, but you quickly started jumping up and down seemingly for attention and asking all of the questions you could think of, including on things you shouldn't worry about until you get to at least an intermediate level of playing and knowledge of this game, and even stuff that only late-game hardcore players need to take into consideration. All without even taking the time to properly understand or digest the answers, feedback and advice you received for the very basics of the early game, which you clearly got wrong until now (as I'm glad to find out you're slowly starting to realize, finally).

As I told you a few days back: read more, post less. That's not a catchphrase, you know, I mean it. Take your time. Don't try going from beginner to expert instantly, that's not going to happen and it will only distract you from the good practice you need to get into if you want to progress in this game, but also if you truly want to fit in on this forum.

This forum community is pretty diverse, active and lively, thanks a lot, dude. You're an exception in how massively you started posting and bombarding us with tons of questions and bad assumptions all at once. And on top of that, although I sense a really nice vibe on a personal level from you (the way you react to things, including criticism and even warnings, the way you don't take offense or try picking fights with me or others even if you did get a lot of shrugs and facepalms, even if it was for good reason from where I stand)... I also kind of feel like in terms of actual gameplay advice and info, you have a certain level of stubbornness and contradicting spirit by default, which is the worst kind of attitude for both yourself (assuming you're really interested in progressing thanks to the community's help) and to those of us who make the effort to try and guide you. Most of the time when I teach you something, you either ignore it altogether or you respond with some completely out-of-left-field reason why you should keep making poor plays instead. That's super tiresome and frustrating, you know?

If you start taking us seriously (when we're being serious, I mean, of course we also joke and have fun at times and you're welcome to participate to this too), things should take a turn for the better for you and us both. Trust me on this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Already told him... in this QA thread just for him and his billion questions... ;) 

I did naturally have many questions when I just got here for the first time... but I didn't have assumptions (or almost none). Edition: Ok, I might have had the assumption that using all of my resources (CP, kisses, etc) everyday was the best game plan ;)

I'm hoping that lots of players getting near level 200 will read this thread, it can help them a lot :)

P.S. Yes, I became a member, not Fresh meat anymore... 🙂

BTW 2, I like to call the feasts 'boxes' (from boxing), but I can see how it might be confusing to some... Anyways, I'm having more than 200 of those now.

Edited by OmerB
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, OmerB said:

Edition: Ok, I might have had the assumption that using all of my resources (CP, kisses, etc) everyday was the best game plan ;)

FYI, I use all my resources every day. 🤷‍♂️

I'm not just slamming you (or anyone); I just think this bespeaks to DvDivXXX's point.  There's dozens or 100s of ways to play the game, with no "right" one.  Just try some stuff.

I played very chill on D2, without many boosters, and I still finished 7th :(

Similar with this, if what you did got you 7th and you're unhappy do less (or more).

I will add for a while (pre 5* girl associated with League), I flipped back and forth between D2 and D3.  You get slightly less koban top 15 to 0 but it gives you alternating low stress weeks :P  Similar as above, many ways to play, to each their own.  I know at least a few people that would be "gasp, you are missing out on so much XP".  To me it was worth (now I'm 500, dang 5* girls otherwise would be even more worth:P).

Also grats on maxing your stats.  For me that was a game milestone.

• Like 3

Obviously, to each their own, @jpanda and I'm neither forcing anyone unto the path of the hardcore obsessive player I am, nor looking down on casuals or, contrary to once-popular belief (and smear campaigns, really), even less so on noobs.

To each their own goes both ways. You're much more casual than me and the LAA crowd, but you never barged in there to bombard us with requests to teach you how to get hardcore. You know you're casual, you're fine this way, so you don't bother hardcore players with questions you don't need the answers to for your own approach to the game, or ask for advice on how to stop being casual. And we interact and respect each other in other areas of the game and forum. Everything's great.

Omer doesn't seem to really get how casual he's been so far, or know whether he wants to become a very dedicated, competitive player, a relaxed and content casual, or anything in between. So he simultaneously asks us to train him for the hardcore approach, while hanging for dear life to his current casual approach. That's basically the crux of the issue, I think. And it's not really something you can decide after the fact.

Seriously, let me put it this way: if you're interested in maybe picking up the guitar, I can sure help you out. But if you're not sure that's for you, or if you're going to book lessons with me and then argue that maybe holding the neck this way is best practice for your wrist and back, but holding it like this guy you saw at a concert once looks cooler... I'm not going to teach you for five years and let you figure out only then if playing guitar is your thing or not. For one thing, you'd likely progress about as much in five years of reluctant lessons and self-conflicting practice as a motivated student would in one year. So... yeah, can't waste your time and the teacher's alike for too long. Make up your mind, and then we can pick up where we left off from there.

And of course there isn't one single guideline every good player has to follow. But all good players have a plan, and tend to stick to it long-term. Patience, planning and dedication. We all have at least these in common.

Anyways, I think your post put the finger on exactly what irks me with Omer's approach and hopefully this will be helpful for him and myself both. Thanks. ❤️

• Thanks 1

My main and foremost goal is having fun :)

After that, I want to advance in the game, to get as many girls as I can and to become as strong as I can, all while maintaining the fun part :)

I don't think that I'm just a casual player, as I'm putting a lot of time and effort in this game, but I'm not a Pro yet of course.

So yes, something in between, going forward while maintaining the fun is important (we saw players quit when the fun part is lost) :)

BTW, do you have to be obsessive in order to finish in the top 4 (or top 15) of D3?

Edited by OmerB
  • Like 2