This Champions change is awful

czaz

There is now an "impact display" which displays the hero's + the girl's impact for each slot.

image.png.eaabe16a9473ce9e990ec0a4b76eee99.png

The problem is that we don't know relative impact between two girls in the same sex position unless we move the girl over to that slot. Check out the girls in the 4th and 5th slot here. Same position. Which one is better in that slot? No idea until I move Girl #5 into one of those positions. So every time I hit New Draft I have to hit confirm when I see a girl in that position and manually move her over to that slot to see which one would be better.

I appreciate the desire to communicate that girls in the appropriate slots will perform better, but this change has made it so that Champions is more of a chore than it's worth. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This game is math.  I can tell you what girl, will have what power, at what level, w/ which blessing, during which week of the year, and how much that'll affect your attack, b/c it's all math.

Complaining about X*2 is a little juvenile.  You swap the girls around all the time anyway.

Also, there'll probably be some script fix for it.  This is the first day of the patch.

• Like 2

il y a 17 minutes, Ravi-Sama a dit :

Also, there'll probably be some script fix for it.  This is the first day of the patch.

The script also does exactly the same as today's patch, without applying the x2. So it's a matter of preference: with the script, you have to do x2 to figure the real attack; or without the script, you have to /2 to compare one girls with the right pose and one without (Hot math tip: you can also do x2 on the white girl, that's the same as doing /2 on the green one)

Edited by Liliat
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, czaz said:

The problem is that we don't know relative impact between two girls in the same sex position unless we move the girl over to that slot. Check out the girls in the 4th and 5th slot here. Same position. Which one is better in that slot? No idea until I move Girl #5 into one of those positions.

I agree with you.  Previously we could simply look at some numbers and pick the highest number, that was the more intuitive approach.

• Like 3

I don't totally disagree and it was a bit confusing at first (again, this game don't count any ergonomy principle... Green is the color of Blessing!).

Anyway, if you do the math, the change in score is very slightly relevant. Techically, you can switch those two girls and your performance will not change.

Ideally, you proceed this way: reroll until at least five L5/M are sorted > place them > lock them > try sort others > try match the positions of sorted girls > start to kick ass.

In such instance, you already know your best girls. It's more a logical arrangement than a math one. Not that this excuse the problems of this system, but in the end you're not called to use it *for real*.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, lepidocter said:

Anyway, if you do the math, the change in score is very slightly relevant. Techically, you can switch those two girls and your performance will not change.

Ideally, you proceed this way: reroll until at least five L5/M are sorted > place them > lock them > try sort others > try match the positions of sorted girls > start to kick ass.

The following scheme is much more convenient: "reroll until there are 6 girls left with suitable poses for first 6 places and a power level above a certain value and then redistribute them in places", than "reroll, resort, and then reroll again. Repeat N times". These are a few unnecessary actions and clicks, which means MUCH more time required to select a team.
So, if some of the girls fall into their places, then their strength in the new system will be immediately doubled, and in this case, how can they be quickly compared with those who are not in their place with the same pose, which means their value not doubled?

22 hours ago, lepidocter said:

Green is the color of Blessing

By the way, green is not the color of blessing. The blessing color is golden. And green is the color of increased attributes.

1.jpg.4ebae489c3bc30f6fcf4a3479092e40a.jpg

Edited by Master-17
tediousness
  • Like 1

Use HH++ 😁

There the doubeling at matching pose will not be shown and they have an aditional sign if a girl has a potential matching pose even she is not at the right place.

grafik.png.3a498d03fa152d6433e7f75d80d93b16.png    grafik.png.6a4e917c34f97b07f14c1ed72e80cb3f.png

For example.

I'm with you that they had a solid idea but a bad implementation. Showing that a girl has a matching pose at a postition is positiv, but they had done only half of the work. Again the script is the helper in the need.

Edited by bolitho76
  • Like 7