What happened with Champions?

BoyTopper

As far as i understood they found a way how to show the exact total strengh of the guy to be realistic and notice which ones are potentially good ones. But then as you may see in the screenshot we could have end that even selecting a potentially good team it wasn't as good. Like in the screenshot the charm guy is stronger than hardcore guy.

So it's finally nice that they show which ones are having advantage but at the same time compare by real strength.

On 9/24/2022 at 9:23 AM, Grifs said:

So it's finally nice that they show which ones are having advantage but at the same time compare by real strength.

Could you please compare the strenght of guys 1, 7 and 8? Just at first sight, without calculations? I can't but could before this 'nice' update.

calcs.jpg

On 9/25/2022 at 5:37 PM, BoyTopper said:

Could you please compare the strenght of guys 1, 7 and 8? Just at first sight, without calculations? I can't but could before this 'nice' update.

calcs.jpg

I would say it's really streight forward. If before line 1 and line 2 might have seem similar now you may see that the green ones have advantage. Like 71.6 vs 36.3 or 47.1 to me seems like the guy 1 has double strength.

I may be wrong but this is how i see it now. Previously i guess they all would be around 36-47 but missing some advantage part so you might have chosen some thought to be strong guys while missing some really stong.

35 minutes ago, Grifs said:

Like 71.6 vs 36.3 or 47.1 to me seems like the guy 1 has double strength.

Yes, but Guy 8 at this position would have strenght of 94,2, so he is strongest among them all. But now you need to calculate the guys' strengt each time when one of them is on double strenght position.

55 minutes ago, BoyTopper said:

Yes, but Guy 8 at this position would have strenght of 94,2, so he is strongest among them all. But now you need to calculate the guys' strengt each time when one of them is on double strenght position.

Not sure what was the chempion setup so quite hard to analyze from my side, but i'm just wondering, might it be also because of the blessings?

1 hour ago, Grifs said:

might it be also because of the blessings

No, its old setup: if guy's and cell's poses matches, then guy's strenght doubled. Now the matched strenght colored in green and shows actual strenght value (i.e. x2 strenght). So there is two part of update:

1. Green colour indicates matched poses, and its not bad.

2. Recalculated (x2) value of actial strenght that bad while force the players to extra calculations during comparisions of different guys strenghts.

On 9/29/2022 at 12:02 PM, BoyTopper said:

But you could just move him to slot 6 (or even slot 1) to see what his strength would be with the bonus.

Honestly I think you're making this more difficult/confusing than it needs to be. The update is good (IMHO), there's no real reason to need to know the non-doubled strength of a doubled character. Any* doubled-stats character is going to be more advantageous in that position than a non-doubled one. And if you have more with that pose than you have slots for the pose, and you're curious which one(s) would be stronger in the position, just try them all there (either one-at-a-time or by stacking top-row/bottom-row) and compare the green numbers.

* ­— (Almost any, sometimes there are a few with such crappy stats that even a non-doubled character would beat their doubled stats. But that's REALLY obvious, because even if you have them in the green-stats position their numbers will clearly be lacking. And besides, assuming you're not going to roll the dice on a Change Draft and you're keeping the low-stats character in the lineup, it still makes more sense to put them in a green-stats position where they'll be boosted, vs. putting someone else there who'll have the exact same stats they'd have anywhere else. The only exception being, like I said, if you happen to have more characters with the pose than you have slots for that pose. But then it's a competition of green stats vs. other green stats, the stats of the non-doubled characters don't come into it.)

Edited by NYPup2Train
  • Thanks 1

On 9/29/2022 at 9:19 PM, BoyTopper said:

No, its old setup: if guy's and cell's poses matches, then guy's strenght doubled. Now the matched strenght colored in green and shows actual strenght value (i.e. x2 strenght). So there is two part of update:

1. Green colour indicates matched poses, and its not bad.

2. Recalculated (x2) value of actial strenght that bad while force the players to extra calculations during comparisions of different guys strenghts.

Yes. You are right, now it is a bit difficult to deal with champions. Of course just like NYPup2teain said you just need to out it in the correct sport, and it might be quite easy to multiply by 2, but in reality this is quite confusing and messy, that one need to switch to team selection and then go back to out them in the correct spot and if there is a new potentially advanced guy the same needs to be done again switching back and forth. So the idea is still good just the numbers could be shown for potentially blessed guys like in second row with smaller nunbers or somethibg si it's easier to compare.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2022 at 12:16 PM, Grifs said:

in reality this is quite confusing and messy, that one need to switch to team selection and then go back to out them in the correct spot

That is, I agree, quite frustrating. If we could somehow do away with the "mode-switching" involved in the Draft process, so that you aren't constantly cycling through:

Change Draft ➡️ select held characters ➡️ New Draft (1-n times, possibly with changes to held/unheld) ➡️ Confirm ➡️ rearrange lineup ➡️ Change Draft ➡️ select held characters ➡️ New Draft (1-n times, possibly with changes to held/unheld) ➡️ Confirm ➡️ rearrange lineup ➡️ Change Draft...

it would make things a lot more comfortable.

But that's a deficiency in the interaction, not the presentation, IMHO. (And it's one that's always existed. It's just more likely to be encountered by more players, and therefore will irritate more of us more often, in the wake of these display changes.)

First thing that comes to mind: Why is Held status a temporary flag that only exists while in Change Draft mode? Why couldn't we mark whatever characters we want to hold right from the standard interface, and have them retain that status until the stage is completed? If we could do that, there'd be no reason to have to activate "Change Draft", or "Confirm" exiting it when we're done. We could just click "New Draft" right from the normal lineup-management state, and the held set wouldn't have to be re-selected each time we begin another round of "New Draft" rolls.

"New Draft" would probably need a secondary confirmation ("Are you sure?") added, to protect against an accidental click destroying a great lineup... but even with an added prompt, it'd still be a lot less tedious than the current mode-switching nonsense.

Edited by NYPup2Train
Add perma-hold thought