**Market Rework now LIVE**

holymolly

Neutral

- general UI design: it fits better to some other stuff, but the shop before was ok for me. Maybe it is only because I'm not familiar with it, but was not really necessary in my opinion. Nevertheless I guess this is something I'm getting used to with play time

Negative

- (---) removal of girl selection for upgrading is a no go for me. Finding suitable girls in harem is at the moment a tedious thing. Ok...that is also the case for the current market without a helping user script (!), but at least the selection before was even in the basic game form useful. It's not possible to test this with my newbie test account, but I expect that upgrading in future with this change will be more annoying than it is at the moment, even with some useful magic buttons

Positive

- (+) "Buy All" button, especially if it is really for free. Yes it is handy, but not really a big deal for me. A few clicks on PC do not hurt that much. Things change if you are playing on your mobile phone, here it is more useful

- (+) "Upgrade Buttons"

- (++) More items which can be bought. We need more resources, so that makes totally sense

Things I miss

- (--) Gem overview (important for upgrade plans). I really don't understand why such an overview was not added from the beginning on when gems started. At least we got this with a user script, but it was another chance to finally add this somewhere

- (---) better management of items is still missing

My conclusion is that I see no real progress here. Only a few buttons are added and that is not a big thing for me. A lot has changed (navigation/design), but more the "look" and not the "feel" or "usability" which is still bad in my opinion. With my newbie test account I cannot rate how it really effects my gameplay (or how the performance is if you have several thousand items), but from what I see I expect a step back (which is quite an achievement, but definitly not a good one ;)). I don't expect that Kinkoid will throw it away, so we will see it on live server in some weeks and have to live with it. My only hope, which I'm not able to evaluate, is that the code base/structure for the shop was a mess and it was necessary to do it new and we can benefit of this change in the future. That is the only justification adding this new shop with the downsides it will provide for us players. Otherwise the good things here are only small improvements and could have easily been done in the current shop without a complete new design.

• Like 11

I imagined a scenario where I had to level up common 1-star girls quickly in the last few min, like I did yesterday, to get a top 10 spot in yesterday's LC.

In the market, w/ the script's help, I sorted by level 1-249, common rarity, no level cap, and then quickly moved left and right, checking which girls needed more GXP than I had available.

I don't think I'd be able to that w/ the new setup, w/o better filtering in the harem, akin to the HH++ script, like in the market.

• Like 3

Was expecting a functionally rework, but it is now more or less just a change of UI. IMO, in some ways it's more convenience, but in other ways it's more annoying, like some posts have mentioned above;

Then, According to patch note #3:

On 11/25/2020 at 4:34 AM, Noacc said:

Market Improvements

• After the massive reaction of players to our last surveys on the topic, we will be implementing changes in the Market.
  • Allowing players to acquire from the Market more of the useful items of the game (such as shards, gems, orbs, tickets, etc).
  • "Auto Buy" the items of the shop would include only cash-paid items or also Kobans-paid ones.

And some other improvements that have been requested by the community.

third improvement - Auto Buy/Max out button - is implemented, but not the second expectation. Seems like they know players want to buy other useful items from market as well, but somehow decided not to implement it? (or maybe just in progress?). 

And then I also dont think the UI style is any better than before. The style they recently made on different features(such as side-quests, PoP, etc) contain less illustrations, but more list or menu stuffs. It's meant to be more organized and convenience, but in fact it's less amusing, and actually not that convenience either. The four illustrations on the left-side of market we're having right now though dont seem that important, they make this feature really look like a 'Market'; (same like the Champion, it makes you feel those characters are some kind of great champions, so that you have to fight step by step to achieve their approval.). But now you can't feel anything any more, which is exactly the same I feel to the side-quest and PoP - black background, plain text and a button to access, ordering in a list/menu, it's hard to make you feel these features are actually an adventure.  I mean, so stuffy and boring. feels like a office software, rather than a game now. Wish they can think more and do more about the design.

• Like 4

Il y a 3 heures, Lumpi46 a dit :

Selling several items is rather inconvenient with the new design: After you scroll down the list & sell one, the next selected item is always the first in your inventory -- even if that's not visible on the screen.

Oh wow, I missed that. That's a HUGE drawback indeed.

• Thanks 3

I clicked Equip button twice to use 2 Legendary Cordyceps, but 1 Legendary Cordyceps and 1 Epic Chlorella were used.
Each time you use one selected booster, the cursor moves to the first booster in your inventory.
I'm sure a lot of people would be upset if that happened on the main server.

new_inventory.png.29cb5261a74fe5e56c45fcb901b4bf56.png

Edited by renalove
  • Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Hug 1
  • Surprised :O 1

My comments on the new market design:

It has improved some aspects, but is a step back in some others.

Positive

- One slot more, good. 5-10k more in XP and 3-6k more in affection daily.
- Buy all button, excellent
- Max Out button for girls, excellent

Negative

- You cannot drag the items with mouse anymore, bad.
- Selection changes to the first item everytime you use or boy an item. bad, very dangerous when using boosters.
- Stats buttons disable when you upgrade one of them, bad.
- Separate screens for market and girls upgrading. bad. You have to pass through the harem to give books or gifts to the girls, very bad.
- Now is harder to navigate through the items you own to sell them. Bad
- Buying and equipping in different tabs, more clicks are always bad.

To do:

- There is space below the gifts button for two more buttons. In the future they could add sections to buy different items: tickets, gems, ... (let me dream of also orbs or even dating tokens again)

In conclussion, even if they solve the obvious bugs, the improvements don't compensate the steps back in usability in some important aspects.

• Like 13

il y a 10 minutes, F-L-K a dit :

does item inventory still load only 100?

Yes

il y a 10 minutes, F-L-K a dit :

does it say how much total we have?

No

Except for the 2 new actions (Buy all / Max out) and the extra slot, the changes are really just cosmetic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

ERGONOMY AND SCALABILITY AT LAST!

This way of managing the thing is *waaaaay* more logical, ergonomic and scalable at will. It's colder (some decor somewhere?) but is smarter.
Click on HERO, manage the HERO. Easy. Each part of the HERO his own section.
Now, if you want a new class of upgrades, just add the tab.
The previous hardcoded interface made any future change unbearable.

You have gifts and books for girls. Now you can easily add Skills or whatever else without adding another main core section.
The feature lack the waited shard/gem shop. But this GUI allow the implementation quickly in the future.
It's a smarter framework.

The sorting of girls in the harem is still messy. But is logical that you don't have redundancy.

BUY ALL and MAX OUT are nice additions, while BUY ALL it's a bit trivial... 8 clicks aren't so much time spared. It look to me like a spending incentivizer more than an a very usefull tool.
Max out is instead very very very welcome, so I can finally use those 800+ Epic gifts by type.

Now, I don't want that those positive words will hint KK that the thing is good.

"Look, they are giving overall 50% good feedbacks, quest completed!"
Contrary to that, I totally hate it.

Where is my SELL ALL button?

Wanna feedback? Add another tab, where you can pick a rarity of items, and sell 1, 25, 100, 500, ALL of it.
This will speed up the game, make it more pleasant to play with no strings attached.

Instead you made the selling even worst: click one, and you go back to the first. Have you any idea of what mean to sell 2000 items this way for the contests?

So to me, as long there's no such feature, any change you'll do is wasted time and meaningless. It's a failure.
Selling items is the slower thing in the game, the most annoying, unusefull, illogical thing. It paired up with the old Avatar management, forcing you to scroll 1000 avatars to remove the notify.
You did good with that.
Do good with this one too.
Add a SELL ALL button, with granularity to feed ones that want it.

So,  my overall feedback is truly negative. You cannot cuddle me and then shoot me in the heart, it's not a fair math.

Edited by lepidocter
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Il y a 15 heures, MrXY a dit :

Negative

- (---) removal of girl selection for upgrading is a no go for me. Finding suitable girls in harem is at the moment a tedious thing. Ok...that is also the case for the current market without a helping user script (!), but at least the selection before was even in the basic game form useful. It's not possible to test this with my newbie test account, but I expect that upgrading in future with this change will be more annoying than it is at the moment, even with some useful magic buttons

Completely agree, and it just shows how ill thought this new interface design is 🙄. Think it twice and go back to the drawing board 😲

Edited by Blabla07

12 hours ago, Lumpi46 said:

Selling several items is rather inconvenient with the new design: After you scroll down the list & sell one, the next selected item is always the first in your inventory -- even if that's not visible on the screen.

This is a massive, massive problem for sell days and more. Many (most) of us don't just want to randomly sell whatever is in our inventory, things are ordered and left in there for various contest optimisation reasons (weaker stat items, skipping legendaries items, for example). I hope @Tohru - Kinkoid is reading along this thread, because this auto-reset item selection thing is a major inconvenience.

• Like 4

Il 24/9/2022 in 00:47 , Lumpi46 ha scritto:

Oh. That is what we've been dealing with on phone browser since... june, I think? (And same goes with the booster equipping issue noted by @renalove, that is one of the "variant" of the market bug involving the booster page on phone browser)

So instead of fixing that problem, they decided it was a must have feature for everyone? Great

(Sorry @Rylarth, I didn't notice you already said the same thing)

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Most of the points I would have made were already made. Max out and Buy all buttons are so important, I cannot stress enough how big of an improvement adding them is (and honestly it's insane to me that we're only now getting such options in the game's sixth year of existence, this is basic stuff and always should have been there imho, but better late than never).

I actually expected the Mythic equipment crafting system to be a part of this package, but it's probably for the best that we get a total rework of the interface first, and time and opportunity for devs to iron out the few things that need ironing out before adding new features to the Market.

Now, of course, the back and forth between Market and Harem has always been a drag (and often a fair bit of lag) and it makes upgrading and leveling up girls clunky and a lot less enjoyable than it could and should be. No longer having to click a billion times myself and then count carefully when I'm getting close to the final star while I'm upgrading a girl is a blessing. Now, if only we could separate "Upgrade/Level up stuff" with "Enjoy/Watch stuff"... You know, I would probably enjoy it a lot more if I could upgrade a girl completely, especially with the Max out button now, and only after that, go to her harem page and discover the whole scene and pose series all at once, without back and forth to do maths and boring chores in between each pic. ^^

Also, native Harem filters in the game are nowhere near sufficient and we currently rely heavily (entirely, even) on the HH++ script's Market filters to do anything especially in bulk, which we often want to do (not just for contests, but yeah this too). That's another reason the whole new interface to upgrade and level up a girl should be fully integrated to the Market and leave the Harem alone, in my humble opinion (but of course, at least bring back the direct links between a given girl in the Market and her Harem page, that's bare minimum stuff and we'll be swimming in haystacks hoping to find a needle without them).

So, overall, largely positive change. But it needs to be adjusted and improved upon at least in the couple of key areas listed above before we can call this a win.

• Like 6

I think other comments have already covered good points and I'd echo those.

Adding in my list though so that the devs. have more feedback.

* WANT good filters like the third party scripts.
Example: Find me all 1 Star girls who are not level capped so that I can advance them for a daily contest.
Example: Find me all Legendary 5 Star girls who are capped for Red gems.
Better: Find me all girls of two or more gem types.

* WANT "Sell All" button (but with Filters).
Seriously, there are way too many mouse clicks to sell items for a contest.
Does it keep someone in the game? Yes. It is a good gameplay? No.
(That's a comment that could be leveled at the game in general. Looking at both Mythic and Boss Bang gameplay for pointless clicks.)

* LIKE "Buy All" button.
But that is not the big time sink (see above).

* MISS the store salespeople and backgrounds.
A game needs an environment.

* QUESTION splitting things out onto many tabs, rather than on one tab.
Looking at you, boosters.

* LIKE the safeguard to buy all, but not spend Kobans.

* QUESTION what benefit the current round brings.
It's a bit like removing the "Town" functionality all over again.
Sure, it may be neater or better for code implementation. But is it a game improvement?

* Did I mention better filters?
The third party scripts rule for filters.
Keep low level gear, sort out your purple gear by flavour and body part.
Sort out the girls.
Just bring as many good filters in as possible - ascending AND descending sort order choices, multiple selections (eg Red and Green gems), mulitple selections over categories, ALL the relevant categories etc.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Bob_Down said:

WANT good filters like the third party scripts.
Example: Find me all 1 Star girls who are not level capped so that I can advance them for a daily contest.
Example: Find me all Legendary 5 Star girls who are capped for Red gems.
Better: Find me all girls of two or more gem types.

In short, we need such filters for girls:

1.jpg.b0811181ee6772b4a4b146eaf5f29f60.jpg

And either you make a new harem that will not slow down as much as the existing one before you introduce a new store, or you make a separate tab in the store for upgrades and leveling of girls!

You'll be pleased to learn I have a direct line of communication with the Kinkoid dev lead. Those extra filters will be coming to the harem filter selection in-game soon. Most are straightforward and the hope is they'll come in either with the market rework or very shortly after, the team selection filter is a bit more complicated and will come later. Very much looking forward to deleting obsolete code from the script when I can.

My big concern is how to rework the equips filter. It needs to exist in 2 places in the market now (inventory for equipping and inventory for selling) and the 2 instances have to be linked for the favourites system to work as expected. I don't want to be supporting 2 very different versions of the filter in the interim, so I plan to not bring the filter across just yet and then do a full clean rewrite after the new market goes live (might take a week or so to rewrite due to IRL issues). 

• Thanks 14
  • Hearts 2

1 hour ago, 45026831 said:

Those extra filters will be coming to the harem filter selection in-game soon

It's not about adding them to the Harem menu, but about the fact that the harem itself takes an indecently long time to load. And therefore it is very problematic to manage the development of girls through it. Therefore, now all such manipulations are performed through the Market. If they want to remove this feature, it will hit the players very hard.

Edited by Master-17
  • Like 1

There is room in the new interface for the girls in the book and gift section with a slight rearrange, for example:

imagen.thumb.png.93eee8f7273c439cba2691481de19b16.png

or another way

imagen.thumb.png.e36325f8f41c07ca0ff03639adecb643.png

the only drawback would the that we would lose the now instant loading of the market window because of the background downloading of the girls.

Edited by jelom
  • Like 3

il y a 14 minutes, jelom a dit :

There is room in the new interface for the girls in the book and gift section with a slight rearrange, for example:

I think with the new UI, it would be more consistent to have a "Girls" tab on the left, below the hero.

There would still be a separation between "Buy/Sell" and "Use" (2 different screens), but it wouldn't be too bad I think.

• Like 1

I have just found that when I max one stat the other stats are locked as well. I had to close market and reopen it to max all of my stats.

Also if you if you raise the multiplier to where you go past your max, it locks up also in stead of allowing another click to reset to 1X. Closing and re-opening market resets to defaults.

• Sad 1
  • Surprised :O 1

I'm not on the test server, but this seems like an update that is half-baked where the promise in all of what it could be is yet very much unrealized. Therefore, it should eb tweaked and tested on the test server ( as one would expect, as it's literally the purpose of having a test server) to get it 95+ working as wanted.

• Like 5

• DvDivXXX changed the title to **Market Rework now LIVE**