**Market Rework now LIVE**

holymolly

4 hours ago, Zteev said:

I'm not on the test server, but this seems like an update that is half-baked where the promise in all of what it could be is yet very much unrealized. Therefore, it should eb tweaked and tested on the test server ( as one would expect, as it's literally the purpose of having a test server) to get it 95+ working as wanted.

Yeah right.. knowing kinkoid its coming live on wednesday

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 3

47 minutes ago, 45026831 said:

I've had a promise that it'll be on test for another week as there's loads of in-flight bug-fixes still coming, expect it to go live on Oct 5th

Please no. This new system is so not convenient that it hurts. Why not leave the old one, just add some QoL improvements like buy all?

• Like 1
  • Hug 1

7 ore fa, Zteev ha scritto:

I'm not on the test server, but this seems like an update that is half-baked where the promise in all of what it could be is yet very much unrealized. Therefore, it should eb tweaked and tested on the test server ( as one would expect, as it's literally the purpose of having a test server) to get it 95+ working as wanted.

"Is that what the test servers are for?!?"

- some big shots at KK's HQ after reading this comment

• Haha 5

I guess KK just likes to set things in motion with no breaks? CC girl on wrong champion? yeah, whatever, players will wait for 2 months before they'll see her. Reviewing a feature from the test server? yeah, hopefully before it releases because they have ZERO control on the release date lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrXY said:

"Hopefully before it goes on prod"?

Is there a time running which makes this release urgent? Take your time to publish it in a state, where it does not have this big downsides for players. Why rush things?

Because they have shitty to non-existing development processes

• Like 3

There's certainly a vibe in how and when things get done, especially new things added versus existing things fixed or improved upon, which.... Well, kind of evokes the mindset some huge companies' boards are in in front of their shareholders. It's like, for some unknown reason (at least unknown to me, and hard to guess, honestly)... only releasing new stuff, even if it's not ready, scores someone in charge "points" in... some kind of abstract contest (at least abstract to me). Whereas fixing or improving the existing stuff seems to score slim to none in terms of said "points" in comparison.

Those points are certainly not scored with the player base or community, and I can't really imagine what entity on the business side would both want these and also have enough impact on Kinkoid for them to warp their schedule around this seemingly absurd requirement. Maybe they're secretly a much bigger company (or owned by a bigger company) than meets the eye, and the big cheese in their HQ only gives them their quarterly bonus based on how many new things got released, not registering improvements at all or barely. Maybe they make the lion share of their benefits off of their presence on Nutaku and the big cheese at Nutaku want new things to announce on their front page, or will only feature them on the front page when new things are announced.... Maybe it's just a backwards perception that this is how businesses are successfully managed. Who knows.

But yeah, from outside looking in, it feels like some kind of invisible force is screwing them over in terms of priorities for their development resources. Oh well.

Anyways. Fingers crossed, then. :ph34r:🚬

• Like 3

grafik.thumb.png.ea007ce7b43d1bb46b508ab6ea031519.png

Is there some reason this must go live without having known issues and bugs being solved? Or is it that you are so confident in your ability to fix these issues that October 5th is more than sufficient time to get things working as they should? Please stop the amatuer hour developement. You have been in business for over five years now, releases and comments (like the one mentioned above) should be way beneath you. BTW, you seem to love surveys yet I don't recall ever being asked about what I would like to see in revamping the Market Place, did I miss it?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

...you seem to love surveys yet I don't recall ever being asked about what I would like to see in revamping the Market Place, did I miss it?

These are some images from the survey last December 13, 2021.  I remember a market question about a buy all button, and upgrade all, asking for advice about how it'd be implemented.  I was most excited about the re-worked harem.  Having 6 columns would mean less scrolling (but sorting in reverse is better).  You can also see theoretical girl equipment.

308359908_Screenshot2021-12-15at10_01_48.png.65b8c958f7974bafe5787171c68e00ef.png1534689866_Screenshot2021-12-13at17_08_49.png.9c9674d481107203d8980803045ca8eb.png1163658126_Screenshot2021-12-13at17_07_00.png.2aeb1ae9d067f152cf4a30f64b1415dc.png1576427863_Screenshot2021-12-13at17_04_51.thumb.png.11dd80b4af85e54251a2d4152e803dd2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Il y a 8 heures, EpicBacon a dit :

I just hope we can upgrade girls from the marked screen, going to the harem screen is... undesired

Alternatively, they could also fix the 6+ seconds server delay that happens every time you try to reach the harem... It's clearly a bug, and not just a small performance issue related to the large number of girls, since similar delay happens on the various game reskins with low girls count.

Players shouldn't be scared of accidentally going back to the harem.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Liliat said:

Alternatively, they could also fix the 6+ seconds server delay that happens every time you try to reach the harem... It's clearly a bug, and not just a small performance issue related to the large number of girls, since similar delay happens on the various game reskins with low girls count.

Players shouldn't be scared of accidentally going back to the harem.

I mean they did fix it at some point, then they must have unfixed it.
I remember back in the day, when I had to look at Skytte not being in my harem each time i opened the harem screen

Hard to quote images, but let's try:

Citation

Fixes

Great! All small issues have been covered. This is a lot better now!

Citation

After a girl upgrade quest is completed, you will now be redirected to the girl upgrade page

This doesn't sound like much, but it's actually AWESOME. The alternative was to go to the girl's tile in the Harem page, and as we all know, this takes AGES. Now it goes back to the much quicker girl upgrade, so you can keep upgrading the girl, and you don't have to wait for that!

Citation

Additional filters

The new filter to see only 5* girls is almost ideal. We just need one extra value for "5 + 6 Stars", to see both Mythic and Legendary girls at the same time, and I could see this becoming my new default filter (It doesn't make harem loading any faster though, since the real issue is that the server takes a long time to send the harem data).

Great improvements indeed! The only thing I'm really missing now is a "Girls" tab in the Market directly, like we have on Live.

• Like 4

I'm glad they've finally added more filters to the Harem page, but the design itself is what needs tweaking. They've added complexity and taken away the ability to move between functions quickly. Bulk upgrades for events will be impossible, unless they're depending on script writers to continue to save them.

Wow, thanks!  All I wanted was a reverse date recruited order, which was saved, and got it.  No more scrolling! 

The filter by stars is a great addition too.  It's something I've thought about, but didn't think to ask for. 

The level range is great for GXP contests. 

Level cap is useful for choosing how to spend gems on awakenings for CbCs. 

The game might be unplayable w/o the script at this point.

Here, behold my weak sauce 5 stars, on the test server, lol!

2022-09-28_11-25-42.thumb.png.15c8f83a11dd96671ea1ad1d1fd388f6.png

• Like 2

• DvDivXXX changed the title to **Market Rework now LIVE**