**Market Rework now LIVE**

holymolly

30 minutes ago, Dudegrey said:

The max out/buy all features are nice, but sifting through hundreds of girls to find the one I'm leveling via the harem page is ass.

Wasn't better with the old market to click hundreds of time to reach the girl you want's to level up. Now you can use filters in the Harem to select all girls which are in a level range or not at a cap, so less to do.

• Like 1

I would rather click once to get to the newest girl in one page then go to a different page to do what could have been done in one step in three steps.

Needing multiple filters for things is its own problem 'cause there should never be a need for over a dozen different filters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bolitho76 said:

Wasn't better with the old market to click hundreds of time to reach the girl you want's to level up. Now you can use filters in the Harem to select all girls which are in a level range or not at a cap, so less to do.

Even if for some people using Harem is better than old Market with scripts it doesn't change the fact that they could've simply give us options. I'm glad you're liking the update but the bad thing here is that we could have both, the functionality was there already and they removed it for no reason.

Having options > not having options

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dudegrey said:

Needing multiple filters for things is its own problem 'cause there should never be a need for over a dozen different filters.

To me not all filters needed, but I knew some clubmates that use filters I never use. Which filters are helpfull to you is so different from player to player that you can add 100 filters and some would whish for one more while they never use 98 of the other filters. So to have so much filters give you chances to sort the girls in a way you need now.

13 minutes ago, garadron said:

I'm glad you're liking the update but the bad thing here is that we could have both, the functionality was there already and they removed it for no reason.

I don't know ift they changed it with no reason or with.

One annoying thing in the old market was the "forbidden" error and with the new design it seems he is no more active so it could be that they need to remove the updating girls from the market to clear this bug. One other thing that could be a reason is that they plan to add girls equipment and crafting equipment how you perhaps remind from the last future features surveys. It can be that they needed to make place in the market for theese features.

In the first time after they added the market rework on test server I was very sceptical about the updating girls thing too, but after some time to deal with the new market/Harem and the adding the filters in the Harem it starts to be mostly the same like the old market to me.

• Like 1

• DvDivXXX changed the title to **Market Rework now LIVE**
1 hour ago, Dudegrey said:

I would rather click once to get to the newest girl in one page then go to a different page to do what could have been done in one step in three steps.

It is new to harem, you can sort by new, too. And it saves the last filters position. And from harem page, I had no more Forbidden pages loading  as it was by market place in the last time.

• Like 1

@El Daro

*Go to Harem* —> *Wait till tomorrow* —> *Scroll/Change filters/Whatever* —> *Choose the girl* —> *Click '+'* —> *Give books* —> *Curse the devs for the gems* —> *Click 'X'* —> *Wait once again till the next morning* —> *Choose another girl* —> *Repeat*

I hadn't to wait longer than 3-5 sec until Harem opens if I open the Harem from Homescreen and only in rare cases when the server is heavy working (most at reset or in the first h of Boss Bang) some seconds longer. With the new rework of Harem/Market I have until now only one second to go back to the Harempage from upgrading.

I fail to see how that is simpler than just:
*Go to Market* —> *Click on the book tab* —> *Scroll right or left without waiting till tomorrow* —> *Give books* —> *Curse the devs for the gems* —> *Click left/right* —> *Repeat*

You forgot to add: *Scroll right of left without waiting but slowly to avoid temp ban for to fast clicking and do it some hundred times until you reach the girl you want* -> Give books one after another because no "max out button" ->

Or, if you want, you could:

*Go to Harem* —> *Wait till tomorrow* —> *Scroll/Change filters/Whatever* —> *Choose the girl* —> *Click '+'* —> *Give books* —> *Curse the devs for the gems* —> *Click left/right* —> *Repeat*

Both ways are valid, and both of them are easier than what we have now.

Also  a Problem here. You must indentify the girls you want to update. If you have a really great Harem you have go over hundreds of girls to reach the one you need to give XP for the next blessing. They wasn't easy to find in the long line of girls in the market.

Or the same for the affection levels:

*Go to Harem* —> *Wait till tomorrow* —> *Scroll/Change filters/Whatever* —> *Choose the girl* —> *Click '+'* —> *Give gifts* —> *Upgrade* —> *Repeat N times* —> *Click 'X'* —> *Wait once again till the next morning* —> *Choose another girl* —> *Repeat*

Instead of:
*Go to Market* —> *Click on the gift tab* —> *Scroll right or left without waiting till tomorrow* —> *Give gifts* —> *Click mouse wheel* —> *Click left/right* —> *Repeat for the number of girls you need* —> *Ctrl+PgDn through the browser tabs* —> *Upgrade each* —> *Reload the Market page* —> *Repeat till you're done*

It seems you hadn't to wait to avoid the "forbidden" error in the old market. Fine to you but I had to wait every time I gave gifts to my girls some seconds and after this waiting I could activate the star. After star activation I was back in the Harem and had to go to Market again, gave books and again waiting some seconds for the activation of the new star. Since the change I didn't heared a complaint of a "forbidden" error.

Yes, the latter scheme wasn't perfect, but it was 10x times faster than what you are suggesting. Not even mentioning the separation of "Buying/Using" and these godawful 5-column tabs.
I hope you're not a Kinkoid dev in disguise just trolling us again.

Only a f2p player since 2018. And how I described I can't confirm that the old market was faster. My experience with a Harem of 1100+ girls and with the first 10 girls at lvl750.

I can't say that I'm a fan of the 3/5 column design, but it's not such a bad thing to me how it seems to you. In this case I'm neutral. I think they separated the buying/using because they will add the crafting equiptmen and/or girls equipment in the next year an will locate it in the market.

• Like 1

There's no sugarcoating it, in terms of interface, we went from a compact, maximally efficient design to a whole lot of redundant, misleading and, above all, EMPTY pages.

The entire "My Hero" concept is unnecessary and confusing (until we get the "Hero's Journey" feature, maybe, but even then, it could be its own thing in a separate tab). There is absolutely zero need for the MC's picture and a bunch of redundant tabs for Market stuff like Equipment and Boosters taking up all this space, and "Stats Upgrade" doesn't need its own giant empty page at all, let alone the default option when you open the Market (which should be about items first and foremost, and also when you're Level 500 this page is literally useless clutter).

Okay, I get it, the Market was one of the very last parts of the game with the legacy white-background interface of the old days, and it needed to join the burgundy-background newer theme. It didn't need to show off its new background color in so many near-blank pages, though.

This new design is so impractical it strongly suggests no one actually familiar with how the game is played was involved in its making. We want the Inventory, the options to Sell, Buy AND Equip stuff all on the same page, for each type of items. ONE Equipment tab with all these options. ONE Booster tab with all these options (in passing the "remember to have boosters equipped at all times" tooltip is hilariously out of place and kinda cute). ONE for Books and ONE for Gifts.

The process of upgrading of girls was improved. The process of leveling up girls was made insanely more difficult and impractical. The Buy All (thankfully excluding the koban-priced items) and Max Out buttons are long overdue and much welcomed improvements. The loss of our total girl count (aside from our Profile page, now, until this gets a makeover too since it's the last of the white-background designs still standing), the loss of our ability to have a count (yes with actual numbers) of how many girls of this or that criterion we have, the loss of our ability to make level-ups in bulk and, above all, the loss of our ability to customize our stats and set-up in one place (without moving back and forth between giant near-blank pages) are all HUGE detriments to regular play and competitive play especially.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Numbers' upcoming updates to the community HH++ script being able to make this usable. But I really, REALLY shouldn't have to rely entirely on a fellow player who happens to have a huge talent for coding, a big heart, and a ton of time and dedication to make the game playable. That's true of the game in general but even more so right after the official game's development team spent an ungodly amount of time "reworking" one of the most efficient and compact core features of the game only to release what looks like a first-year project in design school.

Cheers. :ph34r:🚬

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Hearts 2

Ok, having tried it out live now, I have comments:

CON: Splitting out the "buy", "use" and "sell" options for everything to their own pages is a step backwards.
The old market worked well. You could easily flick back and forth between the main sections.
If we can't go back to that, then some changes:

• Put a "Buy and Equip" button along with the "Buy" button on the "Equipment" and "Boosters" tabs.
  • Put an "Unequip and Sell" and an "Equip and Sell Existing Item" button against the Hero.

CON: Separating the girls from the Books and Gifts is a step backwards.
It used to be easy to Filter (using script) all of the girls, flip between the sub-set and allocate resources.
It was fast. It was efficient.
Now you buy resources in a whole different section to the area where you upgrade them (Harem).
And the Harem does not have the functionality of the old market.
Plus is slow to open.

• Bring something like "the old marketplace" and "the userscript/s" in as a feature we can see and filter all of the girls, apply gifts and books easily, and buy gifts and books, in the one location.
    Marketing slogan "The old market place, but better."
  • If can't do above in a timely manner, bring back the old market place. If it ain't broke, eh?

PRO: The "Buy All" button for Books and Gifts.
This is an appreciated  small time saver.
Could of had it on the old market place though. Just add two buttons there.

CON: A loss of aesthetic.
The new market place is sterile. There is no character to it at all.
I didn't know that I would miss the old layout, with the shops, characters, and even the white space background as much as I do.

• If we can't go back, add in new shop backgrounds and vendor characters to the new market place.

FEATURE REQUEST: Add in protected "loadouts" for the Hero.
I want to be able to have at least three loadout slots.

• My current, active, loadout
  • A custom loadout eg maxed single type equipment for Pantheon
  • A custom loadout 2 eg really cheap junky gear to switch into for Leagues

Any items in a loadout would be protected, and unable to be sold.

FEATURE REQUEST: Add a "Sell All" button with Filters in Equipment.
I want to be able to:

• Filter on gear.
  • Hit "Sell All" for all gear meeting that Filter.
  • Without having to "page down" through hundreds of items.
  • Any gear in loadouts would be protected.

Thanks.

EDIT. Dang it. Ninjad by DvDivXXX again.

Edited by Bob_Down
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

@El Daro

You fail to understand that we are discussing the Market changes, not the Harem. Those are different things. And these filters could've been easily coded, tested and implemented in a single day. It's literally just a single SQL query, nothing fancy.

You posted in response to Lepidocter's point (that was "go to check the 400th in the old market. Ah, so good 400 clicks. Try to sort out in the old market the 35 Girls with less rarity than legendary you need to max out... you couldn't in the old market"), and my answer to that meme was that with the introduction of new harem filters that is now possible and easy, "but you could say that it is not something you're doing in the new market".

So, my point (that I failed to convey, apparently) was that while I agree with Lepidocter in finding great the new filters that let us sort out girls randomly positioned in our harem lists in a better and easier way that wasn't available before, I also agree with you, 'cause this is actually not a market page upgrade, but an Harem page's one.

I never said that I'm an absolute fan of this patch and that I find flawless the new market. On the contrary, I very much agree with every single point of @DvDivXXX and @Bob_Down's posts (to which I'd add that, while I love the max out option, I find it quite "comical" that after using it the game lags tremendously and some time even sort of crush to the point I have to reopen the game in a new tab)

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bolitho76 said:

I hadn't to wait longer than 3-5 sec until Harem opens if I open the Harem from Homescreen

You're lucky. Takes me at least 6 seconds in best scenarios to load the Harem page (up to 15 secs in a much smaller Comix Harem for some unexplainable reasons), then 4 more seconds to open the upgrade page. 10 seconds in total and then it's 12 seconds (even longer) to switch to a different girl. That's, of course, assuming they are going one after another and you don't need to scroll the Harem page to find the next one you need (Oh, and did I mention that any scrolling can unpredictably launch you a few dozens or even hundreds positions away in the Harem page? The meme partial loading...). If you have to deal with batch upgrades, you're gonna spend minutes just waiting. Minutes of waiting and dozens of clicks for... what? How is that a good thing?

I have until now only one second to go back to the Harempage from upgrading.

You are lucky indeed.

You forgot to add: *Scroll right of left without waiting but slowly to avoid temp ban for to fast clicking and do it some hundred times until you reach the girl you want

Nope, I didn't forget it. Could scroll a hundred in just about ~10 secs with the laptop touchpad. Never was a problem for me.

Give books one after another because no "max out button"

First of all, how is "Max out" button justifying the other changes made? You've read my post in the other thread, you know how I see it: a cherry in a pile of shit. Can we just get one small cherry without the shit all over it?
And second of all, it was never a problem to do a few clicks on purple/red items. If you have a thousand something girls in your harem, you most likely already know how much of different items you need to just blindly maximize it all without sacrificing more than 25 affection/level points overcapping, for which you probably don't even care anymore.

You must indentify the girls you want to update.

I see you too fail to understand that Harem filters are completely irrelevant here. It's a separate thing that could've been used with the old Market. The second option I described is the same scheme you're doing now, but with the old Market.

It seems you hadn't to wait to avoid the "forbidden" error in the old market.

It seems so. Because I only encountered the "forbidden" error when I was upgrading a few grades in short amount of time, and never in the Market. Just need about five seconds between the upgrades — enough to look at the picture.

Fine to you but I had to wait every time I gave gifts to my girls some seconds and after this waiting I could activate the star.

Seems like we got our luck in different spheres.

After star activation I was back in the Harem and had to go to Market again, gave books and again waiting some seconds for the activation of the new star.

But that's not the scheme I described. I would give the gifts, then press the mouse wheel to open the upgrade page in a different tab. Similar to this highlighted option:

2022-10-06_18-37-15.png.ced76cf9aad13fbf75d181a0c1302397.png

Open up N tabs for N girls I need to upgrade at the time, upgrade them one by one, then reload the Market (or rather come back to the first tab with upgraded girl with Harem finally loaded in, click '+' and then do the same in reverse order — this way is more reliable).
The waiting time in my case correlates with the number of upgrades I need (0-5), which is more or less mitigated by the number of girls I am upgrading in parallel (so I don't have to wait for the Harem page to load). The waiting time in your case correlates with the number of girls you want to upgrade (0-N). So unless you are upgrading only one or two at a time, you get much more waiting time now than before. Since you're playing for years, you probably leave enough girls without upgrades to go through them by the end of the month. Which only leads me to a conclusion that you, poor soul, was upgrading them consequently one-by-one before...

————————————————————————————————

@Antimon, what I'm saying is that implementation of Harem filters is a completely separate thing that can't be used to justify the changes made to the Market. This thing is entirely outweighed by the new upgrade system.

Edited by El Daro
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Errr. @El Daro, @bolitho76 and anyone else engaging in this quote war. Please stop. I cannot possibly express just how out of proportions this side shit has been blown (not just here but indeed in some of the now-closed dupe threads all over the place earlier on). Or how much it detracts from the main real discussion, here.

No one cares if you can make a thousand quotes and a thousand snarky redundant comments to propagate (not "prove") your agenda  "points". Especially not when it's about who speaks better English and has the best hairdo and no longer about the update at all, at this point.

Stop it now or I'll stop it for you. Thanks. ¬¬🚬

• Like 1
  • Hearts 1

30 minutes ago, spinnie said:

Any good reason why?

Because these are both precious and massive items that you can easily use manually and would typically want to use only on the biggest item sinks like Mythics?

I think it's actually a plus. I would be pretty annoyed if the system wanted to burn my Mythic items on any random 3-star girl I could easily max out using only mundane everyday items instead.

It also uses common and rare items whenever it can to help reach the exact amount. I find this neat as well. It only failed once for me so far, where it apparently either messed up or didn't dare going over the top, and after I "maxed out" the girl actually still was 1 Affection point short of the next star. ^^ But I'd rather have it be too conservative than burning my most useful items willy-nilly, to be fair.

• Like 5

I don't go after mythic girls, at all. am 100% f2p and decided to just not bother with them. I tend to use my biggest items first, let it overflow and just fill it out with small stuff. Which I'll continue doing, so I guess max out isn't for me.

But I can see how your point makes sense for the bigger fish out there.

• Thinking 1

Being F2P and not going for Mythics have nothing to do with one another, but that's pretty irrelevant here to be honest. ^^

My point makes sense, period. No need to be a big fish to have a use for this system, and to appreciate it leaving our big red items well enough alone.

Everyone gets mythic items (from daily goals, if anything) and most people wouldn't want to burn them on girls that don't require big amounts, even if that's not your own personal approach. And even then, you could easily burn your mythic items manually in a couple of clicks and then use the Max Out button for higher stars or levels if that's how you roll.

If the system went your way by default, it would be a problem for most players, trust me. Whereas the way it actually works, if someone shares your preference for burning the biggest items first, it's much easier to do manually.

• Like 4

15k affection is 15k affection. Doesn't matter if it's 10x1500 (legendary) or 1x15k (mythic). Especially since you can't overspend with mythic items. So, it would make sense if they were included in "max out". But I don't really care if they aren't. It's not like we're floating hundreds of mythic items anyway (Unlike epic/rare ones), so manually clicking them, and then filling the rest with "max out" isn't such a pain (especially compared to the previous state).

• Like 2

Sure. The thing is, using big items on our own isn't the hassle that the new Max Out button spares us. It's when your 15k are made of a gazillion trillion little pieces of commons, rares, and epics that this system comes in the most handy anyway.

• Like 1

I'm actually amazed at how awful "max out" button is. Not only it goes the dumbest way possible and you can lose tiny bit of affection/xp, but it also overloads my browser, when I click it. I'm just trying to upgrade rare girl to 1 star from 0 starts, its not that difficult. Not surprised that its not optimized after seeing it being unable to max out affection without a loss
it might have something to do with my amount of gifts
image.png.754a3c64feffa9768f19e1c722bbec06.png
But if it is then its just another example of how poorly done this new market is

Edited by Joker555
  • Surprised :O 1

feels weird when they "protect" the players from spending mythics in the max out, even tho it has a confirmation pop up, while selling those mythic items has no confirmation & is actually the fastest response from the server (yes still upset I missed the MD cuz of that)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Max Out button

What I've noted with this button is it will pick a high aff item and use meny of it but after that it will only use 1 of all the other ones to finish out which can waist a few aff point. so if you needed 3006 point it should be 3x2,1500x2 but this button would do 7x1,1500x2 and waist 1 aff point

• Thanks 1

I love that "max out" doesn't use mythic items.  That was my one fear from the test server, that I couldn't "test."  Don't wanna accidentally waste a 40k GXP or 15k bracelet.

Regarding the market vs. harem convo hate fest,... we're getting filters added to both, so I'm carefree.

Cautionary Tale:

• A player sold all of their SP by accident yesterday.
  • Being careful before you get used to the new market, is a good idea.
  • I'm in favor of making boosters, books, and gifts un-sellable, since we only really need to sell equipment.  At least make the mythic ones un-sellable.  It'll avoid accidental losses like that.
Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Ravi-Sama said:

I'm in favor of making boosters, books, and gifts un-sellable, since we only really need to sell equipment.  At least make the mythic ones un-sellable.  It'll avoid accidental losses like that.

They should now make it possible to add a "favorite item" parameter to items so they can't be sold. How it was done in the script before the last update.

• Like 2