Sultry Mysteries

FinderKeeper

On 12/18/2022 at 8:20 PM, Julius Fox said:

I've decided to save my "Sultry Coins" (SCs?) exclusively for L5s when they appear in the shop, specifically ones that I can't get through other means. I don't have that many L5s with partial shards, and a few are CC girls (who I will get eventually anyway) and LD girls (who I can get either through Mythic Pachinko or (hopefully) a future LD revival).

That leaves a couple of the early Boss Bang girls, from before the forum enlightened me on proper strategy:

309546834_ScreenShot2022-12-17at11_13_27PM.png.26db375b7394e8f60fafef583981f4ca.png

...and a couple of Leagues girls from when I was in lower leagues and couldn't get enough shards to finish them:

193066623_ScreenShot2022-12-17at11_15_09PM.png.5fddd5c8b7036dec424dc31621e4e7f3.png

I'm close to having enough SCs for one of the first three should they appear, but Madame Invanka will take a bit more saving:

1600731089_ScreenShot2022-12-17at11_17_52PM.png.94ac8529ca0022de4fbf91e82f5322e4.png

Oh God, the all-time dilemma for you!  They're all one hellava line up.  I did get Madame Ivanka in the previous Sultry Mysteries.  She's HUGE when seen alongside little Noelle, sort of like Queen Ant.  Treasure Flynn is really gorgeous, too, and she's well drawn.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, OmerB said:

Sould I be buying her shards? I don't think so 🤔

Not unless there is an additional benefit.

I had my 2 last shards for Nesola on offer and I did end up buying them because I had a "new girl" daily, and also because it was fun to get my 1000th girl within minutes after hitting level 500.

• Like 4

I've finally been able to spend my first coins:

dolly.png.21abd620077911719bd5f16575131a50.png

I still have 47 girls eligible for SM, but only one that matters:

sm-shop.png.764a383ee24e3cebe8b15dda11a02ae6.png

(I will obviously not be spending coins on Livia, since she'll join my team next week no matter what :) ).

I now have 30+ extra shards available (And 212 reserved for Hilda); I guess I'll save them and start relying on SM to get some LD girls. Maybe. I only have 2 girls with 90+ shards, so I probably won't use coins for them. All the girls I have at 70/100 (from OD/CE Champions) or 55+ (From KC) are too expensive to get in the Shop (Pretty much all legendary, so over 120 Coins for each, or 90+ for the few Epic ones)

• Like 6
  • Hearts 1

Manually checked my SM pool.  There's 64 girls in it.  It would cost me 9,426 SC to get every girl.  I made some progress getting 5 of the girls by other means, but some new girls took their place.  KC girls are a plague.  8 girls are L5s, and 7 of them are from LDs.  Obviously, ignore Livia from Leagues.  I ranked the L5s.  LXIX is still at the top, b/c of her dual hair colors.  Ranked the rest based on elements.  I have 170 SC atm, so I can't afford any of them yet.  Meaning, I don't have to be too diligent about resetting the SM shop on time.  Once I get 200-240 SC, then I'll have to reset the shop regularly.

One thing to keep in mind, is that the SM ends a day before the OD ends.

image.thumb.png.c7be6d4dc7de8d18d4cc33c3ad0b39af.png

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 3

Sultry Mysteries #4

I mentioned LXIX being at the top of my list, and then she appeared in my last market refresh, daring me to get her.  I had 65 girls in the SM pool at that point, so I figured it was lucky.

image.png.76830167f7978b0f0ed6a6e08dde9190.png image.png.0dad71b0c82c85ade3f565db59220957.png

I had 187 SC, and needed 37 SC more for 224 SC, to get her 56 missing shards.  I gained 62 SC (125 SC -> 187 SC) in the past 4 days just using free CP regen, so I figured I'd need to buy less than 216 CP to get her.  Expected to spend 1-2k kos.  Forgot that the first 15 keys were free.

Ended up spending 321 CP (66 CP from seasons, and 248.7 CP bought w/ 2,686 kos) for 29 keys, which earned me 42 SC.  My method was getting at least the 3-10 SC rewards, and then resetting the grid.  I think I went through at least 2 grids.

Recruited LXIX, plus two OD girls, Lovestruck Andromeda, and Belinda in the process.

Had a 9.03% key drop rate, (29 keys / 321 CP).  Which is a little better than the 8% I expected from previously tallying everyone's drop rates.

image.png.aa669287fb72d631ca225ea5992de5fd.png image.gif.3eede20aeb73508c9e8b4003e89844a3.gif

She's my first L5 girl from the SM, and the only one I really wanted, b/c of her dual hair color blessing potential.  I think I used free CP regen w/o SP, last June 10th, during her first LD, for the initial 44 shards, so her total cost of 2,686 kos is acceptable to me.  At least it's cheaper than PoV.  Have 8k kos and 7 SP leftover, so I think I can still safely get Lovebot Norou later from her MDR.  The league week ends on the 23rd, at the start of the MDR.

TLDR: 2686 kos -> 321 CP -> 29 Keys -> 42 SC -> 56 shards for LXIX.

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 6
  • Hearts 1

Just felt like chaining together our comments on Lisa, for no reason in particular... 😇

On 11/2/2022 at 8:58 AM, Ravi-Sama said:

...I think this girl is Lisa from Genshin Impact (although I never played that game 👀).

368972019_lisagenshinimpact.thumb.png.928f4e2f52140bff3f3d4325946ae918.png
Art by ivenglynn & piukute062.

On 11/2/2022 at 9:15 AM, Antimon said:

Yes, she is.

Now the real question. Why is she, an unreleased (?) girl (and a too-well-done-from-the-very-beginning one for her to be a possible future girl in a future cameo 4 event, I must add), the face of this new feature? If there was a chance for her shards to appear under those random boxes in some far far away grid, they would have told us, right? 

On 11/2/2022 at 12:46 PM, Ravi-Sama said:

1903666292_lisaasscaptchasultrymysteries2.thumb.png.7bd9283433da9384e8cc7e0ef87aa6c9.png

On 11/2/2022 at 2:13 PM, OmerB said:

Who is Lisa?

On 11/2/2022 at 2:22 PM, Antimon said:

The character the girl in this new event page is a parody of, Lisa from Genshin Impact (parody that I was eagerly looking forward to, I must say)

On 12/14/2022 at 7:48 AM, garadron said:

Btw, I'm surprised we still didn't see her in any event:

On 12/14/2022 at 10:20 AM, DvDivXXX said:

Let's just say that many of us also appreciated this accompanying illustration for SM (and its GH counterpart proved popular as well) and asked where slash when the character as a whole would be available. Rightfully so, as it's a gorgeous piece by Venus.

Don't hold your breath, but... time will tell. ;) 

Now if only we could raise awareness about poor Siave and free her from Matsuda...

On 12/17/2022 at 2:33 PM, Ravi-Sama said:

Lisa was definitely drawn by "Venus" imo.  I never thought otherwise.  Here's some similarities I noticed, w/ some of her other girls.  Looking forward to getting her one day.  hollymolly is probably trolling, but this was fun to investigate anyway.

462124085_genshinimpactlisadrawnbyvenussultrymysteriesshop.thumb.png.4a2daf24af5e1a079cc9d1a60add031f.png

On 12/17/2022 at 5:15 PM, DvDivXXX said:

I already know for sure it's by Venus, which I also heard through the grapevine (although just like Ravi I could just tell thanks to my trained eye and how big of a fan of her style I am ^^). It was also during the process of lobbying for her to be made into a real girl.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1
  • Hearts 3

20 ore fa, Ravi-Sama ha scritto:

Just felt like chaining together our comments on Lisa, for no reason in particular... 😇

And yesterday I started crying looking at my 6,3k kobans + 1 SP + my accidental promotion in DIII this week in which I'll be lucky if I'll manage to stay in the 61-75 bracket of rewards... also for no reason in particular☠️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

I love the fact that during last month's session of sultry mysteries I got available in the market my very first 5* (Rachael, which I bought, of course), and during this time's shop resets I got available in the shop ONLY 5* I miss shards for, while having 50 sultry coins and the worst luck ever in opening the locked squares (I'm o the third grid, and in both of the first two I found the 3 keys and the 5/7/10 SC in the last 6 boxes of the grid left to be opened)...

I know it is pure rng, but it truly feels like they're mocking me 😅 

Edited by Antimon
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 3

I forget all the time to refresh this Sultry Mysteries shop to have a shot on another girl. It would be a great improvement in the community script if there is some kind of reminder. A timer on the home screen? Or a symbol like the one we have in the market if no boosters are active? I don't know if it easy or not, I just expect it is not that hard to add. Thanks if you as a script developer is considering adding this ;) 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, MrXY said:

I forget all the time to refresh this Sultry Mysteries shop to have a shot on another girl. It would be a great improvement in the community script if there is some kind of reminder. A timer on the home screen? Or a symbol like the one we have in the market if no boosters are active? I don't know if it easy or not, I just expect it is not that hard to add. Thanks if you as a script developer is considering adding this ;) 

Oh right, forgot about the whole shop thing.

• Haha 1

Il y a 7 heures, MrXY a dit :

Something like that?

Hentai_Heroes_-_2023-03-18_01_36_11.png.a96e3574cb2542532bd66f437e42d01e.png

A timer is possible too. I don't know what would be the best solution.

• Like 3
  • Hearts 1

Il y a 5 heures, Tom208 a dit :

Something like that?

Hentai_Heroes_-_2023-03-18_01_36_11.png.a96e3574cb2542532bd66f437e42d01e.png

Not a timer for the end of the event (although that's nice, too :) ); rather a timer for the 12 hours delay on the SM shop refresh. I keep missing it every single time as well.

Edit: oh, you meant the Hourglass icon, not the timer. Yeah, exactly that 😛

Edited by Liliat

• 1 month later...

Recruited Miley  yesterday for 136 SC.  She's my 2nd SM L5, after LXIX (224 SC).

It's not like I really wanted her, but she's a recent LD girl, and I only needed 34 more shards.  She was the first girl that appeared in the SM shop.  I spent 1-2 SP on her last month, so she was almost complete already at 66%.

I already had 100+ SC, so I bought the medium SE card to get 140 CP, and that was enough to get the keys and SC, before her 12 hr window expired.

image.gif.d43d3244ab4f4653b83c3ae700fa069d.gif

• Like 4
  • Hearts 1

Just noticed, the requiered Shards in SM are not updated, when receiving additional ones.

Had 68 Shards for a Villain Girl in CE (PsH) and got 10 more.
She is currently in the SM Shop, but is still displayed with 32 instead of the real acquired 22 Shards.
Even after several hours now it is not updated.
I'm not going to try buying her, cause I guess I'll get her anyways.

image.png.9a389374e9cd9f0828103b3eefe1d145.pngimage.png.b214acf145d6933f3ca33fa44af1121a.png

• Like 1

There's something not at all right about this event.  In every account, I have at least four 5 star legendaries sitting at 97 - 99 shards (including prized girls like Caroline or O'Malley).  Yet, none have shown up in the shop for me, except in the second of these events.  This time I managed to get Beauty only because I had 226 coins to spend in that account.  She was on just over 50 shards.

Every other account presented bloody also-rans, like Upgraded Hikea.  Even some of the unrecuited girls from Places of Power appeared and some of the yet-to-be recruited boss girls still stuck on villains.

When the dating tokens was dropped, Kinkoid made a big song and dance about 'rebalance' and making its replacement more 'exclusive'  Bull SHIT!  Apart from past events where I managed to get a few of my neglected legendaries languishing on the shelf at 90+ shards, these are very rare opportunities.

No, I think it's a con and it didn't end up as painted in the blurb.

Some much needed amendments to this event... First of all, exclude ordinary boss girls (we can get those just by trying for them in the normal way).  Second, exclude the PoP girls.  Same applies.  We will get them eventually, even if they are only at level 1.  And, most of all, don't include unrecruited girls from the current event.  I want to try for them the normal way, thank you very much!  I have faced all these scenarios so far in this event and it's only a few hours left.  It becomes a matter of saving the acquired coins for the next time.

How about raising the threshold from 40 shards to (at least) 60.  Otherwise it turns out to be just a damn koban grab.  What I have proposed is a better balance of opportunities  The only two ways of getting keys is by completing Daily Goals to the last reward chest, and by getting them by defeating villains (if we're lucky), or by random luck and unlocking them.  Then it's the luck of the draw whether we unlock more coins.  I'm not complaining about this because we all knew this is how it was set up.  It's the unwritten that is so galling.

It's meant to random, but I believe there is a drop hierarchy in this event where those unrecruited girls hovering around 40 or 50 shards drop far more frequently.  I'd love it if HH would just be honest and confirm my suspicions.

image.png.06240b0e8e51d1b4fb541b2a52ea307e.png

No one of my potential buyable 5* Girls reached the shop so I onyl increased the amount of coins I have to near 400 coins. A gaining of ca. 170 coins this SM thanks to MD and SB finishing. I have ca. 2/3 of the needed coins forall of  the 4 5* Girls I have at the moment at 40+ shards.

• Like 5

On 2/15/2023 at 10:23 PM, OmerB said:

Should I be buying her shards? I don't think so 🤔

Screenshot_20230215-230337_Kiwi Browser.jpg

I think its not worth it to buy troll girls at the SM shop. You can get them at any time fighting the troll boss. Better keep those coins for 5 star girls or 3 star girls that you really like and didn't manage to get.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

The grid rewards and shop are btw still exactly the same. Would be great if at least the common/tier 1 villain girls could be excluded, as wasting SC on them is just the possibly biggest mistake early/mid-game players can do, ESPECIALLY when there is are OD + DP + the 3rd RC day in parallel, increasing the benefit of challenging villains massively 😄.

6 hours ago, EpicBacon said:

ss rara.jpg

It's better to write the girl's name, because we might not all recognize them from the pictures.

Is that Sara Jay?

Ravi edit: yes, that's sponsor Sara Jay.

image.png

Edited by OmerB
Yay, I recognized her! :)
  • Like 1