Another version of favourite girls

OmerB

The term typically used for what you're talking about is "variant" in the context of this game. We say each new collectible girl who is another take of an already established HH character is "a new variant" of that character. This might sounds like nitpicking, but it's hard enough to make sure we're talking about the same things when making suggestions or sometimes reporting issues to the devs. Some terms we players use routinely are too meta for them to be familiar with, other terms have been used by them for one specific thing for so long, it's a big plus to use those rather than any equivalent.

To be fair, though...

7 hours ago, OmerB said:

Do the developers and creative team get the suggestions from here and reflect upon them?

No, not really. At least definitely not directly and never with single threads with one player's specific wishes without much if any support from the community. Like this one (and countless others).

Suggestions that make it to Content (the team that would be the most relevant one on this topic, I think) or other specific teams within Kinkoid like Writers, Devs, etc. more typically go through Discord slash through prominent community members directly in touch with Kinkoid folks. In this sub-forum's case, as in most of what's posted on the forum in general, the most likely route is through one of us forum mods, another "connected" community member, or sometimes a Kinkoid Community Manager like Noacc or Tohru directly, liking a particular idea enough to forward it relevant KK staff.

TL;DR: It's not a lost cause to raise stuff on the forum, but if you expect the big cheese from Kinkoid to read your posts ever, you're in for a disappointment. Ideas that make it through to them are generally stuff that a lot of the community feels strongly about and for which there's at least a semblance of consensus between us. And even then, suggestions that are properly brought up to their attention don't all have an impact. They may not agree, have different plans, etc. They call the shots. But feedback and suggestions have had a positive influence in many instances in the past (not always directly, but still).

As for your specific suggestion. Well, I agree on principle, but not on the specific picks. And it will probably be the same with any two or more players discussing this. In my case, I was pleased to have half of the Tech Divas line-up get new variants recently through PoV, but equally disappointed that it didn't include my absolute favorite, Grace. I'm sure this rings as many bells for you as your picks did for me. ^^

Cheers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe there can be a poll from time to time (once in two-four months?) on which girls the players want more versions (variants) of... then it would be a majority decision of many players.

Of course, KK can decide that they didn't like the majority's vote (because it has too many variants already or some other reason) and bring whichever girls they want, but making a poll which girl to bring back in every three months might be a good suggestion. What do you think?

They can put 5-6 girls that have only a few variants in a poll, and let us select from them which one do we want to get another variant from.

Edited by OmerB
  • Like 1

Well, they're doing this already, not exactly, but close enough. There's the monthly art survey for one thing, even though I dislike the format they use to collect data from such polls, as it doesn't allow to differentiate opinions on the character itself, the specific variant, and the quality of the artwork, most notably.

They also run special extra surveys every now and then, as they did a few months back when they asked the larger community to vote on which permanent Story Mode girls they would most like to see a Mythic variant of. Unfortunately, that system wasn't ideal either, as we had to vote for girls from each World separately, instead of global picks. So you couldn't skip a World for which you're not fond of most characters, or vote for multiple girls you particularly like if they're from the same World on the adventure map.

But still, it's not nothing either. These surveys' results get mixed in with other sources of feedback and suggestions, and have an influence on who they end up making another variant for.

• Like 1