Test Mythic Equipment!

Guest Tohru - Kinkoid

Guest Tohru - Kinkoid
1 minute ago, lepidocter said:

I have some strange feeling about retroactivity for Seasons... I suppose KK will be smart enough to not change the Season on the fly (it last just a week again, we can wait for next one).

@lepidocter I've added some details to the article about the equipment. I'll share the part of the article about rewards and when they'll start appearing for you: 

Seasons (starting in December): 

• Included in the rewards on Tiers 39 and 63 as both free and pass rewards.
  • The reward on Tier 34 is now boosted with the tickets that were on tier 39.

Hope this helps 🌻

4 hours ago, Yamiray said:

I also think this may be a longer then normal outage and that would effect CC for those doing those last minute pushes

Hmm... I'd rather penalize snipers in a one-day contest than PvP competitors in a one-week League?

1 minute ago, DvDivXXX said:

Hmm... I'd rather penalize snipers in a one-day contest than PvP competitors in a one-week League?

well I agree with the sniper part but the last day of CC is very active to stay on top unless you want to pay the extra for it and may only need to make sure there in the 16-30th to finish off there girl and if they miss that who knows how long you'll have to wait for your next chance. where as League in most cases I don't think people would move in place all that much the last few hours. 9 times out of 10 I have no fights left by that window.

• Thinking 1

8 hours ago, Tohru - Kinkoid said:

Seasons (starting in December): 

• Included in the rewards on Tiers 39 and 63 as both free and pass rewards.
  • The reward on Tier 34 is now boosted with the tickets that were on tier 39.

Not quite clear. So there will be no changes this season and new rewards will appear only next season? Or did I not quite understand what was written?

1 minute ago, Master-17 said:

Not quite clear. So there will be no changes this season and new rewards will appear only next season? Or did I not quite understand what was written?

well.. I´d say it´s pretty clear: no mythic equips in season rewards this month (-> starting december) and they´ll be on tier 39 and 63 (so 2 free 2 from the paid path)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Yamiray said:

well I agree with the sniper part but the last day of CC is very active to stay on top unless you want to pay the extra for it and may only need to make sure there in the 16-30th to finish off there girl and if they miss that who knows how long you'll have to wait for your next chance. where as League in most cases I don't think people would move in place all that much the last few hours. 9 times out of 10 I have no fights left by that window.

Okay, I might have been looking at it primarily from a veteran perspective rather than thinking of the player base as a whole. Casuals and newer players who play in lower league divisions won't be impacted as much if at all by this change in PvP power, and they're also more likely to be missing the PoA and Season girls in CbC, you're not wrong. Even then... for the potential negative impact on them you're worrying about to be a risk (and again we don't know that for sure, because the patch is meant to be deployed after reset time, not before)... They would also on top of that need to be the kind of folks who play it risky when they do have a girl to grab from CbC and rely on the final day to complete her. I think by this point, we're no longer speaking about a group of players large enough to compare with D3 competitors, or serious enough about the game to really care all that much if they have to wait for next month's SM event to finish this CbC girl with coins.

I can guarantee you that most players in the upper half of D3 would have been greatly impacted by this huge power-up being released 24 hours before the end of a league. 10 times out of 10, rankings change A LOT in top 15 on the last day as it is. With some players suddenly getting much stronger items before their opponents have a chance to catch up, this would definitely have had a negative impact especially on the smaller budgets and F2P players who are dedicated to PvP in this game.

TL;DR: I hear you, but even then, the two potential inconveniences don't even begin to compare. And the one you're worried about isn't even likely to occur, whereas the one we asked Kinkoid to delay this release for was a 100% sure thing. Better safe than sorry.

24 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

I can guarantee you that most players in the upper half of D3 would have been greatly impacted by this huge power-up being released 24 hours before the end of a league.

Doubt.

It might influence a top4 here and there, but I dont see it influencing the top15 bracket much or even at all. And I am not even mentioning top30 or top45, which are also considered the upper half of D3.

Lets be honest, the release was pushed back due to a handful overzealous and loud people on Discord. In fairness, for 99.9% of the player base it wont matter whether the release was yesterday, today or tomorrow, but lets call the spade a spade.

• Like 3
  • Hug 1

3 minutes ago, 430i said:

Doubt.

Shrug.

Aside from being fairly insulting towards serious PvP competitors (and showing you're not much aware of their meta game), what's even the point of this nitpick over my kind explanation to Yami's nitpick? ¬¬

Anyway. Cool story, bro.