New 'incredible' rewards in PoA

BoyTopper

If you're below lvl 200 and don't buy the premium, you stop at step 20 for the second character if you want him. There is no reason to go higher.

If you're above 200, get step 21 and stop there.

If you buy the premium, use your rewards to get to the draft orb

4 hours ago, BoyTopper said:

So there is no reason to go over Tier 20. As for me, over tier 10 too.

There would be a whole lot of reasons to go over player level 200 after playing this game for a lot longer than the few weeks of daily play that takes, though. But you do you, boo. ^^ Just, remember you're stuck in the tutorial phase before assuming there's a bug when you see something that looks weird, would be my advice. :ph34r:💨

25 minutes ago, BoyTopper said:

I'm playing daily for almost 2 years 😆 and would get nothing except competition problems from higher levels. Nothing at all.

So you actively work hard to avoid XP, then? You're basically the GH version of Chuck Nutz? Someone who enjoys the early game experience so much, they want it to last forever... Interesting. If that's what you like, then great. Enjoy. As long as you're aware that the main game in which you've set up your own personal mini-game is almost the opposite in terms of design.

The main game is all about consistent progress over time in many different areas. Your mini-game necessarily excludes PvP entirely, along with daily goal and many other rewards that give XP and so on. And your harem must be something like a tenth of what it would be if you had been playing the main game instead for all this time.

The good thing is that it's much easier for you to start over on a fresh account if you ever claim some XP accidentally and cross over to the main game, than it would be for you to catch up over multiple years if you ever got tempted by what the main game has to offer that your permanent tutorial doesn't. :)

As I said to your like-minded HH player Chuck a couple years ago, as long as you're having fun, that's cool. I just hope you won't come crashing down in a few years as he did when he suddenly noticed PvP looked like fun to him but it took him much longer to realize he had locked himself out of the pathways leading to being able to compete in PvP.

At any rate, this explains a lot. Thanks. Have fun!

12 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

As long as you're aware that the main game in which you've set up your own personal mini-game is almost the opposite in terms of design.

As for me, there is a flaw in game design that not stimulate me to gain XP and climbing by the levels. I got (or can get with some extra efforts) everything on my current level.

And your harem must be something like a tenth of what it would be if you had been playing the main game instead for all this time.

AFAIK the full harem is slightly over 1k guys, so there is no way for me to get 5k guys harem now 😆

Your mini-game necessarily excludes PvP entirely, along with daily goal and many other rewards that give XP and so on.

Yes, but what is the problem? Nobody needs XP just for getting XP, me too. Exiting PvP battles, in GH/HH, really? They may excite me when I really oppose human opponent and his/her intellect, not some PC algorithm with quetioned RND factor. Tower and Seasons isn't PvP in fact.

3 hours ago, BoyTopper said:

I got (or can get with some extra efforts) everything on my current level.

I highly doubt that. Not unless "everything" has a very different meaning in your own self-restricted version of the game than it does in the full game it's built upon. Because the best, most efficient, most cost-effective and most reliable way to get fairly much everything in the main game is by playing the PvP parts of the game as well, as regularly and as high as you possibly can. Among other things, but that's an absolute must.

I actually had that talk with many low-level players over the years.
Player: "nah I don't play PvP, all I'm interested in is collecting guys/girls".
Me: "Maybe so, but getting good and steady results from PvP actually leads to collecting a lot more guys/girls, a lot faster, and at a much more sustainable cost than skipping PvP. So even if you only care about the collection side of things, PvP is a must.
Player: "really? but I have a huge collection! I've been playing for 4 years and I already have over 500 guys/girls!
Me: "Exactly. (flexes 1200+ members harem farmed in large part thanks to being serious about PvP)"
Player: ... (sobs in denial)

There's no hack or flaw or magic mushroom that can make this not true, it's just how the game is designed and how the metagame works.

3 hours ago, BoyTopper said:

Tower and Seasons isn't PvP in fact.

Yeah, technically that's pseudo-PvP. As is the case for most idle slash browser games, including many that are a lot more robust in terms of code and servers, like smash hits on Steam and such. It just takes a whole other order of magnitude in terms of servers and coding power to pull off something like real-time actual player versus player battles in this type of games. "PvP" is thus an acceptable and widely used shorthand for "PvE but against a team put together by another player rather than the AI" in such games.

Again, I understand where you're coming from. And that's perfectly fine. Play the game in the way that you enjoy the most, obviously. But no, it's not anywhere near valid for any other player unless they have the exact same preferences as you. And it isn't an efficient or even remotely valid way to play the main game either. If you keep telling yourself otherwise, you're delusional (which is also absolutely fine as long as you never change your preferences and pick up an interest for one or more of the aspects of the main game you've cut yourself off of).

In any case, telling anyone else that, let alone a veteran player who knows and understands the main game just as well as you've mastered your own mini-game within it... Well, please don't do that. You're never going to convince me or anyone else who knows what they're doing that your mini-game is a good way to play the main game, because it objectively is a terrible way to play the main game (except for exactly you and a few other casuals who don't care for the main game).

Cheers. Good luck have fun.

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 1