[Community script] Harem++: Remove the spinning carrot ​🥕

Liliat

Hey,

Are you tired of seeing this whenever you want to go visit your harem?

spinning-carrot.gif.e0730ca812e48b967435a725bdb7ec6e.gif

If so, let me shamelessly advertise a new script: Harem++ (Temp.)* This script updates the harem page, with a strong focus on performances (A bit less on styling at the moment - sorry about that :) It may take a bit of time getting used to the different layout and behavior).

harem.thumb.png.bef0e8c133cbfd3e662e99d3036ee757.png

Main features:

- Harem data is cached locally, so you don't have to wait X seconds to bring up the harem. Fresh data will be loaded in the background.

- Navigation, display, filters, actions ... are a lot more reactive.

- You can give books/gifts, awaken and upgrade your girls directly from the harem - no need to load a separate page (Similar to how the old market worked - including the carousel!)

gift-aff.thumb.png.8f1e15a2305c79682b000228d81616eb.png*

Filters:

filter2.thumb.png.9b7e8807c546dfe7f6a8cd5663876927.png

The most confusing part for new users: the summary shows a giant overview of blessing-related information - no drop-down menus, so there's a lot of information at once. The summary can either match your current filters (e.g. to only show girls with >= 5 stars), or show all girls in your harem:

summary4.thumb.png.a47459633c470566c9565ea772890f7a.png

Each item in the summary can be toggled to activate the corresponding filter in the harem (Here, filtering for "Epic" rarity):

summary3.thumb.png.216a0b1fa8e5308a08f4948893a10f78.png

With the introduction of girls equipment, the harem script also helps you managing your entire inventory and equip a team with a single screen:

image.thumb.png.698b4372855fd33258d3e1f0c4060ad7.png

Now, some important notes and  ⚠️      warnings ⚠️ about this script:

- I've started developing and using it a few months ago. I haven't been banned yet, but because this is a new script, it is not "officially" accepted by KK yet (Unlike other well-known community scripts)

[EDIT 2023/02/02: Kinkoid has looked into it, and the general idea is still the same: they won't ban you just for using the script, but use at your own risk. I've added Kinkoid's official response at the end of this post]

- Since the game data is scattered all over the place, this script relies on additional network requests, which community script developers try to avoid as much as possible. This means it might show "unusual traffic" from the game server's point of view. I'm not aware of anyone getting in trouble because of this so far, but... use at your own risk!

- This script doesn't only modify the display, it also allows player to directly trigger some in-game actions (Such as Use book/gift, Awaken, Collect money, etc.). I did my best to keep these actions consistent with what the game natively does; however bugs might exist. If such bugs occur, they shouldn't be game-breaking, but might cause the harem to display information that are slightly inaccurate (Especially since it relies on a local cache of the data, that may be outdated). So far, I haven't heard any complaints, and I obviously do my best to avoid releasing new versions with such errors.

- The script only works on hh.com and test.hh.com. Sorry Nutaku users; once again, you are left out :) Nutaku support might come later.

[EDIT 2023/01/20: Nutaku is now partially supported. Firefox has cache issues on Nutaku, but other browsers should work fine]

- The script does not support sibling games (GH, PSH, CxH, ...), nor do I ever intend to support them. I don't play these games and am not interested in them.

- The script uses English texts, but shows data in your current game language. This may result in a mix of English and whatever-your-game-language is. Translation isn't supported at the moment (Maybe later, but that's very low on my list of priorities).

- The script is a beta, and is not officially supported/authorized by KK. Use at your own risks.

[EDIT 2023/02/02: Kinkoid has stated that they wouldn't "support" or "promote" the script, but won't forbid it either. If you experience bugs in the game while the script is installed, try disabling the script before reporting any bugs to the support - the script may cause issues that don't exist with the base game, especially after patches or updates].

- The script removes some of the features that exist in the original harem page, such as "Collect all" button (Still available from the home page), or "Total Harem Level" + Ego bonus. The original harem is still available via a link from the script harem, so you can still indirectly find this information - it's just a lot less prominent.

- I don't recommend new players to use this script, because of the point above: it may hide information that new players will not be aware of. This shouldn't be an issue for veterans; I'm sure you'll quickly realize if something is missing :D .

- If you're using HH++, both scripts work well together. However, HH++ additions to the Harem (Harem Stats) will not work with the Harem++ page. Some of these stats are also available in Harem++ (in a different form), but not everything is there.

- The script does not work well on Firefox in Private Navigation Mode (Because local cache is not supported). It was successfully tested on Firefox (non-Private Navigation) and Chrome (Private or Non-private navigation). Mobile and other small-screen devices are not really supported yet (feel free to try it, but expect layout issues). Anything bigger than a tablet (1280x720 and above) should work fine

- The script probably doesn't work on older browsers, as I used a significant amount of modern APIs. Only up-to-date versions of Firefox and Chrome (or some Chromium-based variants) have been tested.

If you feel that something important is missing, please let me know! I'll keep updating the script, feedback is important! :)

So, what's missing? A link maybe? Here you go:

- Home page: https://github.com/LiliatHH/haremplusplus

- Direct link to the script: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/LiliatHH/haremplusplus/main/release/haremplusplus.user.js ⚠️ Use at your own risk! ⚠️

Update 2023/02/02: You can read Kinkoid's official position regarding this script here:

* As the suffix suggests, this boring script name is temporary. Despite all the crazy people in our club, we didn't manage to find a good, interesting name for it. But I'm still hopeful: I'm sure someone on this forum will come up with a much better name. Please suggest your script name ideas below! :)

Edited by Liliat
Added girls equipment/inventory
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Surprised :O 4
  • Hearts 7

Thank you very much for this contribution! The script is impressive and seems to be immensely helpful. The detailed stats overviews (including blessings management), the features reminiscent of the old market, the multiple filters etc. - I am sure I will find a wide use for the script.

And now I come and complain about little things:

• The script interfers with the legacy screen layout in HH++, it forces the harem back into its default location. The layout is quite important for me, as I can find my way around it blindly. Is it too bold too ask if you could solve this?
  • The Epic Pachinko count shown is by 2 girls too high (I have 40 left, the script shows 42). The following 2 girls are picked by the Epic Pachinko filter, although they are not in the pool: Galina, Sasha.

By the way: It works for me in Firefox private windows. From time to time it relaods the harem (short term caching seems to works), but the loading time is short.

Edited by Bobick
  • Like 1

il y a 2 minutes, Bobick a dit :

The script interfers with the legacy screen layout in HH++, it forces the harem back into its default location. The layout is quite importaqnt for me, as I can find my way around it blindly. Is it too bold too ask if you could solve this?

Thanks for reporting this! I disabled this option from HH++, so I didn't notice it. I'll fix that :)

il y a 2 minutes, Bobick a dit :

The Epic Pachinko count shown is by 2 girls too high (I have 40 left, the script shows 42). The following 2 girls are picked by the Epic Pachinko filter, although they are not in the pool: Galina, Sasha.

Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to reliably (and automatically) determine which girls are in the Pachinko Pools. The in-game data is inconsistent about this.

For these 2 girls specifically: the game data indicates "Get me in (Epic) Pachinko" and they are present in both Pachinko pools. I don't know why they don't show up for you. Any info related to Pachinko Pools need to be taken with a grain of salt - and that's not specific to this script :)

pachinko-pool.png.bafe14bbc4685b9f9b2f781107bdcd81.png

• Like 1

il y a 36 minutes, 45026831 a dit :

When you say it gets the data in the background, are you doing the girl dictionary updates yourself? Or are you loading harem.html in a hidden iframe to have it run as normal?

A bit of both: I load harem.html in a frame, load the data, convert it to a more usable format, and then store this in cache.

I like the idea and most of the implementation. It only lacks some ways to tweak it, some configuration, like the other scripts do. I think it would be cool to add your config options as another page in the HH++ config screen if that's easy:

image.png

At least it should have the option to decide not to use it on the main page, but still have it on the harem page.

Great work so far.

How do you do the ordering when it's the same value? I've noticed it works differently than the base game's. I usually have the girls ordered by grade as my default and the secondary field seems to be date recruited or id in the game (which is great because I have the starter girls just after the mythics - good for collecting cash). But you're doing it differently.

Le 23/12/2022 à 23:23, Kenrae a dit :

I like the idea and most of the implementation. It only lacks some ways to tweak it, some configuration, like the other scripts do. I think it would be cool to add your config options as another page in the HH++ config screen if that's easy:

I should add options, but I'm not sure about adding them to HH++. Even though most players installing the harem script would also use HH++, I don't want to create a dependency between the scripts. I'll have a look at HH++ to see if I can hook into this easily, or if I should add my own settings.

At least it should have the option to decide not to use it on the main page, but still have it on the harem page.

What do you mean? To go to the original harem, and then from there, open the harem script? That's a bit of a weird case IMO, the whole point being to bypass the original harem completely 😛 I'll consider it, but I'm not really convinced about the use case. If (important) things are missing from the harem script, I'd rather add them there.

How do you do the ordering when it's the same value? I've noticed it works differently than the base game's. I usually have the girls ordered by grade as my default and the secondary field seems to be date recruited or id in the game (which is great because I have the starter girls just after the mythics - good for collecting cash). But you're doing it differently.

The game does it quite inconsistently: it takes the previous order as the base, then sorts it again. So if you first sort by recruited date, then grade, you'll get different results than if you sort by level, then grade. And then, if you quit the harem and reopen it, it will fall back to grade, then recruited date (which is the default I think?).

I always use several criteria for sorting; starting with the selected one, then adding grade, rarity, level, and then ID when everything else is equal (so results are always stable). Recruitment date is not taken into account.

(I just use sort by salary when I want to collect cash 😛 )

• Like 1

On 12/25/2022 at 10:42 AM, Liliat said:

What do you mean? To go to the original harem, and then from there, open the harem script? That's a bit of a weird case IMO, the whole point being to bypass the original harem completely 😛 I'll consider it, but I'm not really convinced about the use case. If (important) things are missing from the harem script, I'd rather add them there.

Later I noticed this is like an overlay in the main page, not a page on its own, so moot point ;).

On 12/25/2022 at 10:42 AM, Liliat said:

(I just use sort by salary when I want to collect cash 😛 )

Me too, after noticing the option :D. It's my default currently.

After using it some more, the only thing I really miss is having the elements as filters. I use that a lot on Tuesdays.
Also, a small issue, you're putting it over the game's menu so you block it.

Overall, good job.

• Like 2

Il y a 1 heure, Kenrae a dit :

After using it some more, the only thing I really miss is having the elements as filters. I use that a lot on Tuesdays.

Yeah, that's the confusing part I was mentioning 😛 All blessing-related filters are in the "Summary" page because I didn't want page-long drop down menus. There, you can click on any element (or color, zodiac, pose...) to filter.

Il y a 2 heures, Kenrae a dit :

Also, a small issue, you're putting it over the game's menu so you block it.

Unfortunately, I haven't found a proper way to avoid this issue just yet. Because the game uses automatic zoom to scale the entire page, I had to break out of it completely, so I draw on top of everything else (Except for the chat that is in a separate layer on top). It's definitely annoying.

Le 22/12/2022 à 14:36, Bobick a dit :

The script interfers with the legacy screen layout in HH++, it forces the harem back into its default location. The layout is quite important for me, as I can find my way around it blindly. Is it too bold too ask if you could solve this?

After testing this again, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. The harem is properly reordered with HH++ layout when the option is enabled. Still, I changed the way I update the harem link in the latest version (0.10.8), so it might work more reliably now. Can you try it again?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Liliat said:

Yeah, that's the confusing part I was mentioning 😛 All blessing-related filters are in the "Summary" page because I didn't want page-long drop down menus. There, you can click on any element (or color, zodiac, pose...) to filter.

Wow, so you can filter clicking in the elements there. I didn't notice. Cool.

9 hours ago, Liliat said:

After testing this again, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. The harem is properly reordered with HH++ layout when the option is enabled. Still, I changed the way I update the harem link in the latest version (0.10.8), so it might work more reliably now. Can you try it again?

I can tell you I had the issue and I don't have it now 👍

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

A new version is available, with minor changes. Most notably, it introduces partial support for the game on Nutaku.

Unfortunately, Nutaku is a bit of a mess. For security reasons, Firefox will not allow using cache on Nutaku (The Harem script heavily relies on the cache feature). So, using Firefox on Nutaku will cause the same issues as using Firefox in private mode (No cache: harem data will have to be (slowly) reloaded every time you switch to a different page then come back; preferences will not be persisted). Chrome (and, I assume, Chromium-based browsers) seems to work fine.

Harem++ 0.10.10: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/LiliatHH/haremplusplus/main/release/haremplusplus.user.js

• Like 2

• Liliat changed the title to [New community script - Beta] Harem++: Remove the spinning carrot ​🥕
Il y a 1 heure, MrXY a dit :

Is Kinkoid somehow informed about the script, so we get an answer if it is ok to use it? I'm waiting for an official "Ok" before using it.

I'm not in contact with Kinkoid, so they probably aren't informed. I can try pinging @Tohru - Kinkoid and see what happens 😛 Or invoke our fellow mods @FinderKeeper and @holymolly and see if they can get some intel.

Le 22/12/2022 à 14:36, Bobick a dit :

The Epic Pachinko count shown is by 2 girls too high (I have 40 left, the script shows 42). The following 2 girls are picked by the Epic Pachinko filter, although they are not in the pool: Galina, Sasha.

I can now see my complete EP List in-game (previously, I had too many girls). I have 3 girls that are listed as EP girls by the harem/script, but don't actually appear in the EP Pool in-game (Galina, Sasha, Jyna, and there are probably others). Since they all are new girls that only appeared in their original event (no OD yet), it's hard to say whether they are special in some way, or if it's just a bug with the game data (they were EP girls in their respective event). Galina appeared in MP already, so for sure she's there. Jyna and Sasha haven't returned yet (at least not on HH.com).

For now I've leave them as they are. As I said, it's very hard to know for sure which girls are part of each Pachinko pool, and I don't want to manually tweak the data. So I'll just trust whatever the game tells me :)

• Like 1

Il y a 3 heures, MrXY a dit :

Is Kinkoid somehow informed about the script, so we get an answer if it is ok to use it? I'm waiting for an official "Ok" before using it. However, thanks for your work!

What you have to know about any script is that they are authorized as long as they don't play for you.

• Like 1

Il y a 1 heure, Tom208 a dit :

What you have to know about any script is that they are authorized as long as they don't play for you.

Yeah, the script is doing nothing of the sort. However, it may send "unusual" requests/network traffic that someone might consider suspicious (Since, unlike HH++, this script actually runs a bunch of requests in the background, to pull relevant information that isn't necessarily available directly). I've done my best to avoid anything fishy, but ultimately, it's not my call :)

Il y a 2 heures, FinderKeeper a dit :

Request sent ^_^

Thanks!

Il y a 10 heures, Tom208 a dit :

Problems mainly come with "POST" requests.

The harem script supports all harem actions, as well as "girl" page actions: collect salary, give XP/Affection, Awaken, ...

None of this is automated (player still has to click for each action, as usual), but these are definitely POST actions :) And because it's all done in a single page, this might show as unusual traffic from the server's point of view: we can upgrade/level up 10 different girls without ever going back and forth between Harem and Girl page (Harem is loaded once, Girl page never).

• Like 1

Ok. Good to know. 

But as you said, it's not automated, it's still the player who do these "POST" actions through the script interface. That's the very important point.

For sure, if we can have Kinkoid validation it's better, but from my point of view, there are no problem here. 

• Like 1

Thanks @Liliat, this is great.

In addition to all the excellent new features, it fixes 2 of the top annoyances with the original harem page:

- No more popover when you hit the element indicator while collecting cash.
- And the list scrolls normally. This was my #1 annoyance with the original harem page, trying to scroll it to a given position was almost impossible.
   (this may have been better on a windows browser, but on a mac it was a nightmare)

• Like 1

I installed your script yesterday and tried it out. It's awesome and very helpful. Thanks a lot, @Liliat! 🌺😊

Such a great difference to the game's harem page!

My old laptop often freezes and has to be restarted again. This happened a lot when I scrolled through the harem page and collected money.
Now it's so much better!

And all the filters are great - I like especially filtering by salary.

As my laptop screen is not very big (1366x768), I also use my TV screen as second monitor.
So I can take full advantage of being shown 30 profile pics on one screen.

And on my laptop screen it's nearly impossible to give books to girls, because for the books there are only some millimeters left.
But on my TV screen it's great to level up and max out girls now with your script.

Also the summary is great - with the additional filtering possiblities and all that.

Thanks again very much, this helps so much for a more enjoyable gaming experience!

Edit: Concerning the script name - maybe something like "speed hareming" (similar to speed dating) or "harem++minuscarrot"?
(Hard to find a name with my poor English.) 😉

Edited by Mighty Thor
  • Like 3

il y a 18 minutes, Mighty Thor a dit :

And on my laptop screen it's nearly impossible to give books to girls, because for the books there are only some millimeters left.

Hmmm. I tried to add some breakpoints to move the Market to full screen for smaller screens, but there are still some issues for some specific resolutions (Not big enough to render the small popup, but too large to go full screen).

I'll see if I can make it more reliable.

In the meantime, you can use Ctrl + Click on "Give gifts/Give books", to open the link in a new tab. This will actually open the original girl page, which should work just fine.

• Thanks 1

il y a une heure, jopp a dit :

I might be missing it, but is there a way to sort by class specialty? (Hardcore, Charm, Know-how)

No. Since girl classes are barely relevant anymore, this didn't seem too useful to add. Is that something you need?

• Like 2

• Liliat changed the title to [Community script] Harem++: Remove the spinning carrot ​🥕
  • Ravi-Sama featured this topic