[Community script] Harem++: Remove the spinning carrot ​🥕

Liliat

4 hours ago, jopp said:

I might be missing it, but is there a way to sort by class specialty? (Hardcore, Charm, Know-how)

2 hours ago, Liliat said:

No. Since girl classes are barely relevant anymore, this didn't seem too useful to add. Is that something you need?

I know, that girl classes are barely relevant.
But I still have a look at how many girls of my class are in my team - maybe 3 would mostly be best, if possible - as they improve my attack more - and girls of the other classes (preferably 2 of each) improve my defense and harmony - in case I understood correctly. (Edit: I did not!)
Of course blessings and levels and stats are more important, but when I can choose between two girls with equal stats, then class might be important for me as well.

If it's not too complicated to implement, then it would be nice to be able to filter by class or to see the distribution of classes in the summary.
But maybe that's just a somehow nostalgic concern of mine. 😊

Edit: My previous assumption about classes is not true! It seems, that I mixed up some things. Sorry for the confusion! 

Edited by Mighty Thor
  • Thinking 1

il y a 3 minutes, Mighty Thor a dit :

I know, that girl classes are barely relevant.
But I still have a look at how many girls of my class are in my team - maybe 3 would mostly be best, if possible - as they improve my attack more - and girls of the other classes (preferably 2 of each) improve my defense and harmony - in case I understood correctly.
Of course blessings and levels and stats are more important, but when I can choose between two girls with equal stats, then class might be important for me as well.

That's... Not how it works.

Girl classes are 100% irrelevant for PvP, since the introduction of B.D.S.M. battle system, 1.5 years ago. What defines the girl's contribution to your team is the sum of her stats (and her element). Replacing a Charm Green girl with 25 base stats with a Knowhow Green girl with 25 base stats is strictly equivalent.

The only case where girl classes matter is against Champions (Only the girl's main stat is taken into account) and Places of Power (Only the girl's stat corresponding to the selected PoP is taken into account).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Hearts 1

1 hour ago, Liliat said:

That's... Not how it works.

Girl classes are 100% irrelevant for PvP, since the introduction of B.D.S.M. battle system, 1.5 years ago. What defines the girl's contribution to your team is the sum of her stats (and her element). Replacing a Charm Green girl with 25 base stats with a Knowhow Green girl with 25 base stats is strictly equivalent.

The only case where girl classes matter is against Champions (Only the girl's main stat is taken into account) and Places of Power (Only the girl's stat corresponding to the selected PoP is taken into account).

Thanks for clarifying this!

It seems, that I had mixed something up in my mind or maybe thought about the prior formulas for attack.

• Like 1

With today's patch, there is a bug in the harem script: it can't find the amount of money the player currently owns, and will thus refuse to upgrade any girl (Because it assumes you have 0 cash, I suppose).

I will fix it ASAP (In the evening at best, or maybe tomorrow). In the meantime, you can easily work around this issue by either:

- Using the original harem (There's a link when you select any girl), or

- Use Ctrl + Click on the upgrade button or give gifts button to open the link in a new page. This will lead you to the original girl's page, where you can spend gift and upgrade.

Unfortunately, none of these workarounds will work on Nutaku, because Nutaku Frames mess up the "Open in new tab" behavior. I think the only solution there is to uninstall the script to upgrade the girls.

• Thanks 1

il y a 58 minutes, Tohru - Kinkoid a dit :

@Liliat I've raised the question with the team and will keep you informed when I get more info 🌻

Thanks!

Il y a 2 heures, Liliat a dit :

With today's patch, there is a bug in the harem script: it can't find the amount of money the player currently owns, and will thus refuse to upgrade any girl (Because it assumes you have 0 cash, I suppose).

This is now fixed in 0.11.0:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/LiliatHH/haremplusplus/main/release/haremplusplus.user.js

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Liliat said:

No. Since girl classes are barely relevant anymore, this didn't seem too useful to add. Is that something you need?

Thanks for the reply and info, I actually didn't know classes don't have an affect in PVP game modes. 
Keep up the good work! 

EDIT: I was putting together a new PVP team when I remembered that I had leveled up and equipped multiple mythic equipment which specifically boost the stats of girls with the Charm class. 
 Sorting by class would be nice to have, but isn't necessary now that I know about the PVP thing. I'll just build other mythic equipment to match my best units and their respective classes.

Edited by jopp

il y a une heure, jopp a dit :

EDIT: I was putting together a new PVP team when I remembered that I had leveled up and equipped multiple mythic equipment which specifically boost the stats of girls with the Charm class. 

Mythic Equipment is not related to girls class; it is related to your own player class (visible on your profile). Choosing an equipment of a different class will not affect your stats, even if it matches some of your girls' stats class.

Edited by Liliat
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Liliat said:

Mythic Equipment is not related to girls class; it is related to your own player class (visible on your profile). Choosing an equipment of a different class will not affect your stats, even if it matches some of your girls' stats.

I see, thanks for letting me know!

Guest Tohru - Kinkoid

@Liliat Heya 🌻

I have an update about your script! Our teams have looked into it.

Please take note of the following points:

• We (Kinkoid) will not be supporting or promoting the script.
  • We do not greenlight anything that we don't support. This means that as long as the script does not infringe our ToS - it is tolerated.
    • However, as soon as the script no longer follows the ToS (for whatever reason), any of it's users are susceptible of being banned. If a player using your script gets flagged by our cheater detection system because they are using a script, note that we won't be managing false positive unban requests. This means that anyone using the script is using it at their own risk.
  • We are not responsible if any of our releases or updates break anything within the script.
  • Should players using the script report problems related to the script or report problems without testing the problem after disabling the script (example: not seeing an updated version of the girl, etc.), they risk wasting our time and we will be upset about it. Please make sure that players using your script are aware of this before reporting any issues.
  • Resource collection is fine as long as it's using the game functionality. Automation of resource collection is considered against ToS and will be flagged by our cheat detection.

Some additional personal notes from 🏜️ Sandman for players using this script:

• "The script is tailored for desktop users with big screens and good internet connections, so probably not a great idea to use it on mobile (doubly so if people are worried about mobile data as he is running requests that are already being run in the background to "speed" things up)."

il y a 13 minutes, Tohru - Kinkoid a dit :

I have an update about your script! Our teams have looked into it.

Thanks for the update and clarification, and for taking the time to look into it! 🤩

So, not much changed. The key takeaway:

il y a 13 minutes, Tohru - Kinkoid a dit :

anyone using the script is using it at their own risk.

Some additional comments for anyone interested:

Citation

"The script is tailored for desktop users with big screens

Yes; absolutely. Minimum tested resolution is 1280x720, recommended is 1920x1080 or higher. Mobile screens are typically much smaller and won't work well at the moment. I do some improvements here and there, so it might improve in the future, but mobile devices are not supported at the moment.

Citation

and good internet connections [...] (doubly so if people are worried about mobile data as he is running requests that are already being run in the background to "speed" things up)."

While I didn't pay any specific attention to data consumption, I'm pretty sure the data usage is lower or equivalent to the base game (especially for spending resources on girls, as this doesn't require reloading the girls page for each individual girl, or going back and forth with the harem page). Loading the harem itself is strictly equivalent to the base game, since the harem page will be loaded in the background.

(On this note: If Kinkoid ever adds Ajax APIs to query harem or market data from the game, I'll be more than happy to use them and reduce the data consumption even further :D )

Citation

Resource collection is fine as long as it's using the game functionality. Automation of resource collection is considered against ToS and will be flagged by our cheat detection.

Makes sense. As a reminder, for anyone confused: the Harem++ script doesn't include any automation feature (For resource collection or anything else), so this should be fine. However, since we don't really know how the cheat detection works, I'll insist on this point again: anyone using the script is using it at their own risk.

Citation
  • We are not responsible if any of our releases or updates break anything within the script.
  • Should players using the script report problems related to the script or report problems without testing the problem after disabling the script (example: not seeing an updated version of the girl, etc.), they risk wasting our time and we will be upset about it. Please make sure that players using your script are aware of this before reporting any issues.

That's fair. When/if new patches break the script, I'll do my best to report here and fix it ASAP, so players don't get confused. I'll add a note in the opening thread to make this clear.

• Like 5

Speaking of bugs with the harem script:

Following yesterday's patch (2023/02/01), the scene pictures have changed (moved to a different folder, maybe basic changes as well? I'm not too sure). The harem script hasn't picked up this change just yet. As a result, it may display low-resolution images (800x450) instead of high-resolution ones (1600x900), when viewing unlocked scenes, or unlocking new scenes.

The bug affects Harem++ version 0.11.0 (and older). I've already fixed it in my local version, so expect a public patch shortly.

• Like 2

il y a 9 minutes, OmerB a dit :

I'm wondering whether they gave the same answer about the other scripts.

Other scripts don't send any kind of server requests (HH++ has one option that can send requests, but it is turned off by default, and Booster detector only recently introduced requests to check mythic gear), so they are unlikely to cause any kind of issue with the server (They only affect the player's client).

Harem++ works differently, because it triggers a bunch of requests: one on startup to update harem data (and blessing values after each blessing change), one for each scene you view, one for each game action (collecting cash, spending XP/Books, upgrading/awakening, ...), etc. Each of these requests could potentially be considered "suspicious" (The Error 500 protection is very sensitive, since it can trigger even when playing the game normally without any script, and nobody knows what the "Cheat detection" does - other than the fact it can ban players).

If I remember correctly, 18 months ago or so, there was a debate about whether HH++ was "legal", "illegal", or "grey zone". It was considered "grey zone" for a long time, and then Kinkoid had a look at it. They said it was fine (because it only changes the UI), and that they might take some ideas from the script to implement in the base game. But I don't know if they went as far as "Supporting" or "Promoting" it. HH++ also follows the same rules regarding bugs: HH updates may or may not break the script, and it's up to the script developers to fix them if anything goes wrong.

After that, a more general rule was published, along these lines: "if the script only changes the UI, it is tolerated. Automation of actions is prohibited". So I think we're in a similar situation here (But again: that's only my interpretation).

In any case, HH++ is pretty safe, because it has been around for so long, is used by many players, and Kinkoid devs are well aware about it. Can't say the same about Harem++ :) (I think it will need a few extra quality-of-life features and some time to mature, first :D )

• Like 3

Il y a 8 heures, Liliat a dit :

(On this note: If Kinkoid ever adds Ajax APIs to query harem or market data from the game, I'll be more than happy to use them

Good luck about that 😄

But I would be very happy if game API existed 😉

Edited by Tom208
  • Haha 2

The low-resolution scenes bug is fixed with version 0.11.1

I also added details tooltips on the missing XP and Affection stats for the girls (Similar to what was done for Gems recently). Negative values are not a bug, and indicate that I overspent XP, but haven't awakened the girl yet (Sitting at lvl 250/250):

missing-gxp-details.png.b441db7c9d989dc0497997a0a46c740a.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

A bug fix for the Search field in the harem has been published (Version 0.11.2). I actually fixed it shortly after release, but Github was having cache issues and I couldn't get the update to show up. It seems okay now:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/LiliatHH/haremplusplus/main/release/haremplusplus.user.js

The bug was caused by the new girl (Zima) not having proper attributes set (no image, full name, eye/hair color, description, etc.). She has been removed (hidden) from the game now, probably because she was accidentally released too early, so updating the script is not necessary. But at least it will avoid similar issues in the future (It's not the first time a girl is accidentally released with missing attributes).

This update also includes support for the new DP Event: Lora and Amelia are no longer shown with an "Unknown" source event.

• Thanks 2

Right on time for the Sultry Mystery event (... okay, 1 day late 😛 ), Harem++ now includes a shards filter for the 40~99 range (= girls that can appear in the SM Shop)

40shards.thumb.png.944c3ce0e05d92a686ff9630b70e51a5.png

(Yeah, my SM Shop is pretty sad... 😭 )

This patch also includes 2 minor fixes:

- Improve the upgrade (books/gifts) panel display, to support a wider range of screen sizes. @Mighty Thor Can you check if this solves your issue?

- Fix a "rare" issue where girls at the top of the list might not be immediately displayed (Depending on your current Filter/Sort settings, it might not be that rare :) ). Now, all the girls at the top of your list should always be immediately rendered, instead of sometimes appearing a second or two later.

These fixes are part of version 0.11.3: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/LiliatHH/haremplusplus/main/release/haremplusplus.user.js

Edited by Liliat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks a lot, @Liliat!

Yes, it's much better now - the harem list shows more girls than before, and - more important - upgrading and levelling up is now much better possible.
(To use "max out" was also possible before, but hardly to select single gifts or books.) Now everything can be seen on the upgrade page.

Here you see the harem list and girl detail on my laptop (1366x768):

2023-02-15-HaremlisteundDetailScriptLiliat-Laptop.thumb.JPG.5bd743ca7eb824e5bb75060410b27f85.JPG

and here the upgrade page for the girl on my laptop (1366x768):

2023-02-15-Upgrade-SeiteScriptLiliat-Laptop.thumb.JPG.ca14dcc509ddfab7fcbcce2da3d533af.JPG

I must admit, it wasn't such a big problem for me before.
As my laptop at home is always connected to my TV screen as second monitor, I'm used to dragging the browser window with the game to the TV screen and back, when it was more convenient to do things there. For instance when I take screenshots of larger tables or else. And also when collecting money from many girls in the harem.

But now it's also comfortable to do it on the laptop - and choosing books or gifts is now easy with everything shown on the page.
(And I could watch TV and play the game at the same time, if I wanted - and if my internet connection is merciful. 😉)

For comparison here the harem list and girl detail on my TV-screen (1920x1080):

2023-02-15-HaremlisteundDetailScriptLiliat-TV-Screen.thumb.JPG.2457b1b1b60941038ceaf0d6d23907e3.JPG

and here the harem list and upgrade page for the girl on my TV-screen (1920x1080):

2023-02-15-HaremlisteundUpgrade-SeiteScriptLiliat-TV-Screen.thumb.JPG.37891a4422a56f3b6352db0d8d0a2e98.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Surprised :O 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Liliat, I just wanted to tell you, that I use your script also on the phone.

When I can't use my laptop, I sometimes play on my phone (Android, Kiwi browser).

Maybe sometimes texts cannot be seen fully, maybe sometimes it's better to move the phone from landscape to portrait view or back to see more.

But every functionality is feasible!

Lately I was away from home and played on the phone and I even was able to  upgrade Livia fully with stars, awaken her and level her up with your harem script.

Well, collecting money from many girls is a bit tedious on the phone with only 2 or 4 girls visible on the page, but also this works, if you are a patient person.

Of course I also still use the original harem page for several things.

I tend to call it the "old harem page" in my thoughts whereas your script is the "new (improved) harem page" for me. 🌺😊

• Like 1
  • Hearts 1

Il y a 7 heures, Mighty Thor a dit :

When I can't use my laptop, I sometimes play on my phone (Android, Kiwi browser).

Maybe sometimes texts cannot be seen fully, maybe sometimes it's better to move the phone from landscape to portrait view or back to see more.

But every functionality is feasible!

Thanks for the feedback!

I'm trying to keep the harem script "not completely broken and unusable" on Phone, but it's really not my priority. These small screens are really a pain to work with and I'm not used to it :D I still plan to properly address this "at some point", but there are still a few features that are much higher on my priority list (Like being able to edit Teams directly from the harem).

I'm also dreading the rumored earthquake that will shatter all community scripts.

• Like 1

Il y a 7 heures, Liliat a dit :

I'm also dreading the rumored earthquake that will shatter all community scripts.

What is that? 😳

About your script, I fully agree with @Mighty Thor. Every feature is already usable on a phone in this version. So, you're right, it shouldn't be a priority to improve that part.😉

Edited by Tom208
  • Like 2

il y a 15 minutes, Tom208 a dit :

What is that? 😳

When Numbers quit the game, someone (can't remember who or where; I think it was a quote from Discord but I'm not there, so I don't know where this was coming from exactly) mentioned that Kinkoid was planning for a significant change in the client code. One of the consequences would be that all the variables would be properly scoped, making it a lot harder to read and manipulate the game data from the scripts.

Now I don't know what the impact will be, but when/if this happens, I reckon script developers might get a few headaches trying to update their code 😛

• Hug 1
  • Surprised :O 1

• 3 weeks later...

I often heard a complaint, since the introduction of B.D.S.M., that it's sometimes inconvenient to update teams, because we don't have access to all the nice filters from the harem when editing teams.

Well, starting with Harem++ 0.12.0, you can now edit your Teams directly from your Harem, and use all the relevant filters:

teams-editor1.thumb.png.ccb024facbea1fcc4588daaa7cb167b7.png

teams-editor2.thumb.png.e866b8b7c9140406d09f4eb39f6f20aa.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Surprised :O 2

• Liliat changed the title to [Community script] Harem++: Remove the spinning carrot ​🥕
  • Ravi-Sama featured this topic