POV rewards could not be claimed before end of day (buttons not responding)

Yoshie

I submitted this in game as well (ID 16355). While trying to claim the POV rewards before the end of the contest, none of the Claim buttons were responding to clicks. I took a screen recording of the process, including opening chat and showing that there's an active network connection, reloading the page, and switching to POG to claim a reward to show that that was working correctly.

This is a unique issue compared to the past, but I have lost out on claiming rewards two times prior to this due to other bugs where I was never given support due to lack of a screen recording. Per admin request in the last case, I now have said evidence uploaded here: https://imgur.com/a/NjMnl1S

It's frustrating since this also messed up my plans for the Legendary Contests, but I'm not looking to receive anything other than the direct rewards from POV I was unable to claim at this point.

Sorry about that, I've never hopped on the forums before and completely missed that this was in the wrong section. I can re-make the post in the correct location if need be.

It's on HH and using the .com site. Thank you both for your responses.

So I'm a bit lost here. I've followed the instructions provided in the support ticket and am still having the same issue with this month's POV rewards as well using Chrome on an M1 Mac. I provided the version of Chrome to them, which is up to date, and informed them of the compatibility bug that HH is having with it, but I'm still being told I "had enough time to claim the rewards" and won't be granted them despite it being an issue with the game. This is the third time I've lost out on rewards where I've paid KB for the additional benefits and the third time I've been completely denied by the staff. And this time with irrefutable proof in the video.

Is this honestly the normal experience everyone has with bugs here? If they genuinely can't figure out how to fix the missing rewards then they should at least be able to return the KB spent when they were unclaimed in the event of a bug.

Full exchange:

Yoshie
3d 19h 23m ago
I have run into similar problems twice in the past, and neither time I was able to get support for this. This bug is slightly different where the "Claim" buttons would not respond prior to the end of the day. I ran a screen recording as soon as I noticed the issue so I can actually get the rewards I lost out on. You can see in the recordings in the Imgur link attached that I attempted to claim each button without it reacting, while still being able to claim a POG reward when I switched over, as well as being able to send and receive messages in the chat. This was not a connection issue on my end.

https://imgur.com/a/NjMnl1S

mimir
0d 23h 44m ago
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Kinkoid Customer Support.

We would like to inform you that we have tried to replicate your issue and we were not successful. We kindly ask you to press Ctrl+F5 while on the game page. In case the issue persists, clear your browser\'s cache/history and cookies and make sure that the third-party cookies are allowed. Afterward, restart the browser and then try to open the page again. Alternatively, you can also try through a different browser like Chrome, Mozilla, Safari or Edge and make sure that you are using the latest available software version.

Please be advised that we do not recommend using Opera and windows 7 to play our games.

If you are using the app version, please clear the app data and cache and then uninstall and install the app again.

Have a lovely day!

Best Regards,
Kinkoid Team

Yoshie
0d 8h 36m ago
I already am using Chrome on an M1 Mac. Cookies are allowd, cache was reset, and I even tried it on another profile on Chrome signing into another HH account and I still cannot claim this season's POV rewards on either account. I signed in to this account on Safari and was able to claim one, so it looks like there might be a bug with your game using the current version of Chrome on Mac? Current Chrome version is: Version 109.0.5414.87 (Official Build) (arm64)

I would also like an update about getting credited for the rewards that were missed since this appears to be a compatibility bug on the game's side.

mimir
0d 0h 11m ago
Hello,

Thank you for your response.

We kindly ask you to please clear the App data and cache.

For Safari you can use the following solutions:
Settings > Safari> Privacy & Security > Prevent Cross-Site Tracking > Disabled
Settings > Safari > Privacy & Security > Block All Cookies > Disabled

For Chrome and Mozilla:
Settings > Firefox/Chrome > Allow Cross-Website Tracking > Enabled

Due to iOS\'s last update, they have set some changes regarding tracking data and cookies. You can do this on all of your browsers and devices.

For browser version: If you encounter the issue on the website, please press Ctrl+F5 while on the page.

In case it persists, clear your browser\'s cache and cookies and make sure that the third-party cookies are allowed. Afterward, restart the browser and then try to open the page again. Please keep in mind we are working on improvements.

With that being said, we would like to kindly inform you that we will not be able to provide you with the girls/rewards you have not collected. We did send an in-game message as a reminder to warn players therefore no exception will be made in that case. Please keep in mind that they are unlocked once you achieve the step and can be collected anytime from then until the event end. We strongly advise you to collect your rewards once you unlock them.

If you have an active monthly card during the event month and the following month, you can collect the rewards from PoA, Seasons, PoV and PoG events from the previous month. Please have in mind that you will only receive rewards until the tier you have unlocked and have not claimed.

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,
Kinkoid Team

There's obviously an issue that still needs to be resolved game wise, but I'm also just concerned by the lack of actual care for the user's experience when something like this happens and what they've lost is dismissed. Trying to upsell on the monthly card at the end, especially knowing that it won't affect me even if I bought one right now, is definitely poorly timed here too.

Let me know if there is anyone other than mimir who can look at this.

• Like 1

@Zamioc Yuki Just out of curiosity, did they say anything about it when you shared it with the support team? Because the issue is currently unresolved, though I can use a different browser, it's not ideal. This is a separate issue than my rant above where the support for losing out on this due to the bug is lackluster.

Updated support transcript, new screen recording reproducing the issue for them, and console logs as they noted they could not look into anything without them.

Yoshie
3d 23h 24m ago
I have run into similar problems twice in the past, and neither time I was able to get support for this. This bug is slightly different where the "Claim" buttons would not respond prior to the end of the day. I ran a screen recording as soon as I noticed the issue so I can actually get the rewards I lost out on. You can see in the recordings in the Imgur link attached that I attempted to claim each button without it reacting, while still being able to claim a POG reward when I switched over, as well as being able to send and receive messages in the chat. This was not a connection issue on my end.

https://imgur.com/a/NjMnl1S

mimir
1d 3h 45m ago
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Kinkoid Customer Support.

We would like to inform you that we have tried to replicate your issue and we were not successful. We kindly ask you to press Ctrl+F5 while on the game page. In case the issue persists, clear your browser\'s cache/history and cookies and make sure that the third-party cookies are allowed. Afterward, restart the browser and then try to open the page again. Alternatively, you can also try through a different browser like Chrome, Mozilla, Safari or Edge and make sure that you are using the latest available software version.

Please be advised that we do not recommend using Opera and windows 7 to play our games.

If you are using the app version, please clear the app data and cache and then uninstall and install the app again.

Have a lovely day!

Best Regards,
Kinkoid Team

Yoshie
0d 12h 37m ago
I already am using Chrome on an M1 Mac. Cookies are allowd, cache was reset, and I even tried it on another profile on Chrome signing into another HH account and I still cannot claim this season's POV rewards on either account. I signed in to this account on Safari and was able to claim one, so it looks like there might be a bug with your game using the current version of Chrome on Mac? Current Chrome version is: Version 109.0.5414.87 (Official Build) (arm64)

I would also like an update about getting credited for the rewards that were missed since this appears to be a compatibility bug on the game's side.

mimir
0d 4h 12m ago
Hello,

We kindly ask you to please clear the App data and cache.

For Safari you can use the following solutions:
Settings > Safari> Privacy & Security > Prevent Cross-Site Tracking > Disabled
Settings > Safari > Privacy & Security > Block All Cookies > Disabled

For Chrome and Mozilla:
Settings > Firefox/Chrome > Allow Cross-Website Tracking > Enabled

Due to iOS\'s last update, they have set some changes regarding tracking data and cookies. You can do this on all of your browsers and devices.

For browser version: If you encounter the issue on the website, please press Ctrl+F5 while on the page.

In case it persists, clear your browser\'s cache and cookies and make sure that the third-party cookies are allowed. Afterward, restart the browser and then try to open the page again. Please keep in mind we are working on improvements.

With that being said, we would like to kindly inform you that we will not be able to provide you with the girls/rewards you have not collected. We did send an in-game message as a reminder to warn players therefore no exception will be made in that case. Please keep in mind that they are unlocked once you achieve the step and can be collected anytime from then until the event end. We strongly advise you to collect your rewards once you unlock them.

If you have an active monthly card during the event month and the following month, you can collect the rewards from PoA, Seasons, PoV and PoG events from the previous month. Please have in mind that you will only receive rewards until the tier you have unlocked and have not claimed.

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,
Kinkoid Team

Yoshie
0d 3h 47m ago
I've updated the thread on the forum with this communication. I've been very clear that I've tried the troubleshooting methods you've noted and pointed out that the problem persists. I did not "miss" redeeming the rewards, the game obviously had a compatibility issue with the browser. If you can't return the rewards that were not redeemed, then the 3600 Kobans wasted on it should be the bare minimum.

https://forum.kinkoid.com/index.php?/topic/28452-pov-rewards-could-not-be-claimed-before-end-of-day-buttons-not-responding/

If you still feel you can't do this, then I would like a different staff member to review the case because this is turning into a situation where I really feel like the case is currently not being treated with any level of actual personal care.

Freya
0d 1h 23m ago
Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

With regard to the previous responses you have received, they are accurate. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide compensation in the amount of 3600 kobans. It is important to note that it is not advisable to wait until the final moments of the event to claim your rewards. Additionally, the videos you have submitted do not provide us with a clear view of the console log detailing the actions taken and any errors that may have occurred. Due to the limitations imposed by Apple on various devices and browsers, we recommend attempting to claim your rewards using different combinations. We have been informed that you were able to successfully claim a reward using Safari. If you come across such an issue again be sure to record the console logs. Please be advised that we have upcoming improvements scheduled for release in the upcoming months. It should be noted that creating a ticket or posting in the forum will not expedite the response or resolution of your case.

We value your feedback and will use it to improve the game experience in the future.

Have a lovely day!

Best Regards,
Kinkoid Team

Yoshie
0d 0h 8m ago
https://ticketing.kinkoid.com/1/16355/c25d0c838cdd95422da91ba3f124c466.txt
Yoshie
0d 0h 7m ago
I appreciate the response, but I will still be arguing for corrective action here since I am not at fault regardless. Since I have noted multiple times that this issue is still present, I went ahead and captured the console logs as well as a screen recording during the process for you, on a fresh Chrome profile with zero add ons or extensions installed. I will also continue to provide updates on the forum because I feel that providing users with zero resolution when they are not at fault is not good customer service and should be available to everyone to see so they can make their own judgement of the issue as well.

At this point, it is a matter of principle and my only viable paths here are to have the issue resolved by returning the Kobans that were wasted/granting the missing rewards, or I will end up quitting after 3+ years based on said principles.

Here is the screen recording of reproducing the issue: https://imgur.com/a/1RwsXR6

And attached are the console logs.

Again, I am very dissatisfied that the "resolution" to the issue is to suggest I use different products due to staff acknowledged "limitations imposed by Apple on various devices and browsers" when playing. If there are known issues, then the staff should inform players ahead of time so this does not become an issue. Any issue that is not on the player but is instead on the game code itself, regardless of the cause, should be given corrective action by the staff. I think I am being more than fair in only asking for a reimbursement of the 3600 Kobans spent for the event.

As I said in the ticket, ignoring the issue and leaving it as is does not come off as a caring support system for the playerbase, and this is the sort of interaction that is making me feel like that my options are either to push until the reimbursement occurs, or quit if it does not. At no point have I not been forthcoming with details, including providing a way of reproducing the issue, and at no point have I been rude. I am not asking for anything more than what was lost/wasted when the bug occurred. I am happy to actively help you resolve the bug with whatever testing is required, as you have seen. So why is it so difficult to reimburse something clearly due to the game having an issue when presented with clear evidence?

Screen recording of the issue being reproduced on a clean Chrome profile with no add ons or extensions: https://imgur.com/a/1RwsXR6

Console logs attached here as well, same as the ones attached in the ticket.

www.hentaiheroes.com-1674560045477.txt

• Like 2

Update:

mimir
0d 0h 26m ago
Hello,

We would like to inform you that your inquiry has been reviewed by a superior and you have been provided with an answer (our previous one) as per your request. Please be advised that we will not discuss the subject any further and that if you continue to open tickets on the subject or create forum threats, we will be forced to take actions towards your account.

Have a lovely day!

Best Regards,
Kinkoid Team

Yoshie
0d 0h 0m ago
Please read the last response I sent. I provided console logs which were inquired about by Freya so that this can continue to be investigated as an open issue. I would appreciate staff members not threatening my own account due to their misinterpretation of what was being discussed, and would prefer Freya continue to handle the case regarding investigating the bug as the last response by mimir is highly unprofessional.

Thank you, and please review the console logs and let me know if anything else is needed for further bug investigation.

I absolutely find this kind of response from mimir unprofessional, especially after I was following up with the note by Freya for the console logs and continuing to note my displeasure with the lack of support here. Claiming "threats" on my end when I am stating the obvious end result if they continue to treat the case like this and using that to justify their own threat against my account is ridiculous at this point.

@Zamioc Yuki and @Oliver66 this is likely beyond your pay grade at this point, but if you're aware of any staff members who actually interface with the community and can understand the questionable handling of the above case, I would greatly appreciate assistance with an audience. If not, then I'm going to imagine that my response to this again will just cause retaliation against my account regardless.

Thanks for your time either way.

It is a pity that nobody from the Kinkoid Team has been good enough to engage with this on an open forum as I would like to take issue with their response. Reacting to Support Tickets raised after a player lost out due to what appears to be a bug with flagrant misrepresentation of the player's actions - in particular the utterly ridiculous if not downright offensive accusation of "creating forum threats" - & then banning the player for spamming is wholly unacceptable. If Kinkoid genuinely believe that such patently egregious treatment of their players is acceptable then I shall have to review my Patreon subscription. 

• Like 4

It seems like any sort of transparency around how Kinkoid goes about handling support tickets is considered "threatening". Like I get working on software side. It's hard to deal with a bug that's not reproducible. And it's true that Yoshie could use a different browser to get to the rewards. But the sheer idea of banning someone for posting literal error screenshots and console logs (which is gold for troubleshooting) is, to quote Yoshie, absolutely ridiculous.  

• Like 4

Updated transcript since ban was lifted:

mimir
0d 23h 47m ago
Hello,

We would like to inform you that your account has been banned for spamming by the 26th of January. Please have in mind that if you continue to spam us, we will be forced to take more permanent actions.

Have a lovely day!

Best Regards,
Kinkoid Team

mimir
0d 23h 23m ago
Hello,

Thank you for your understanding

We would like to inform you that we have extended your ban with another 2 days, since you have continued to spam at the forum. The ban will be lifted on the 28th of January and if you continue to open tickets or spam the forum, your next ban will be permanent.

Have a lovely day!

Best Regards,
Kinkoid Team

mimir
0d 6h 55m ago
Hello,

Thank you for your understanding

We would like to inform you that we have lifted your ban and that we are investigating the issue.

Have a lovely day!

Best Regards,
Kinkoid Team

Missed some POG rewards during the ban but I really don't care anymore. Thanks Fran and Seth (and the folks talking in my club) regarding this. All I really wanted out of this was a simple acknowledgement of the issue and fixing what was lost (one way or another) due to the bug. So far, have just had the temporary ban lifted instead, so back to slightly less than square one.

Update with additional bug info:

Yoshie
0d 0h 1m ago
https://ticketing.kinkoid.com/1/16355/fbf3ad0b1d681a3dfabc287a4f26bc95.txt
Yoshie
0d 0h 0m ago
A couple updates with this case:

1. It still occurs with the latest Chrome update (Version 109.0.5414.119 (Official Build) (arm64))
2. A similar display/activation issue is occuring with the Lunar Passion event. (See Imgur link below for screen recording. Console logs are attached to the ticket.)

https://imgur.com/a/zvzJcDv

There appear to be no issues in other browsers, so it's likely related to the Chrome issue as well.

www.hentaiheroes.com-1674716838673.txt

Updating with more issues found when trying to use Safari instead of Chrome here that may be related to the Chrome communication issue.

Yoshie
0d 0h 0m ago
https://ticketing.kinkoid.com/1/16355/b38e9885f83b275182e47a89b9ad5d6d.txt
Yoshie
0d 0h 0m ago
More additional info, related to using Chrome vs Safari:

When trying to work on the Lunar Passion event, I noticed that my PVP results could not be claimed on Safari as it still showed 0 battles performed. In testing, I found that actions performed on Chrome were not updating on my account across other browsers until I performed the same action on the other browser (Safari) as well. Screen recordings in the Imgur link show the results. Unsure if this is related to the communication issue with Chrome but it is odd that it would not update the states, despite still saving the battle results/item sale results.

https://imgur.com/a/qU7Zsuw

Chrome and Safari console logs attached.

www.hentaiheroes.com-1674719235960 (chrome).txt Console (Safari at 2023-01-25 at 23.46.28).txt

Probably the last update, but just wanted to show the "good" ending here, granted it's still not great that it played out the way it did to begin with, at least they did what they could to make things right.

Freya
0d 0h 50m ago
Hello,

Thank you for the reply and the videos.

We have sent your case for investigation. In order to have full information, you would mind telling us if you have any Chrome extensions currently installed? For now, we will compensate you with a Silver Monthly card, however, until we know more or probably have a solution (we might not have a solution if the issue is coming from iOS compatibility) we advise you to use what is working for you to be able to collect the rewards.

Have a lovely day!

Best Regards,
Kinkoid Team

Yoshie
0d 0h 3m ago
First, I appreciate the POV rewards and the card as compensation. I honestly am fine without the card since I just wanted what was missed specifically, but I thank you for making this right regardless.

For the extensions, I have used a fresh Chrome profile with zero extensions or add-ons installed for testing. Only my original video sent was with my normal Chrome profile, all other testing has been performed on a clean version without anything additional. Additionally, this is on MacOS rather than iOS, just for clarification.

Understood that I may need to use another browser for the game while the issues are sorted out. If I find any new details like the notes I added above, I will add them to this case. Part of my job role at work is isolating bugs within our internal software so I do not mind helping provide details when I come across anything related to this issue.

Important to give visibility on the good as well as the bad here. So I appreciate Freya's work here, despite mimir's poor decisions earlier. Thanks again for making things right, and if I figure out anything else with the issue I'll update the ticket in game with what I find.

Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 03.00.25.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-26 at 03.01.00.png

• Like 6