Missions: A rethink?

Gnome Saying

Hi...

Could we reconsider how daily missions work in HH, CH and PH?

In a regular MMO, dailies are a rotating sequence of achievements intended to push players to play the game, with a reward for doing so.

In HH/CH/PH, daily missions are... a preset block of time where you have to periodically connect to press a button to make sure that timers tick over sequentially, with a reward for doing so.  These aren't timers related to any game system other than themselves, so... the only way they push players to play the game more is essentially by sticking additional reminders in their day to be on the site. 

Today the RNGods have decide that in HH, for example, I should connect to the site at least 12 times over a total period of time amounting to no less than one hour, forty-something minutes, specifically doing so in predetermined allotted periods as set by said RNGods, or else my hentai parole officer will say I've violated the terms of my agreement and the hentai government will not grant me the 150 kobans I live off of.  UBI sucks for repeat offenders I guess?

So what exactly is the goal here?  'Cause the logic is weird, let's be real.  Keeping the tab open 24/7 is easy enough if that is the goal - just add random events.  But you've introduced daily goals already which do operate the way MMO dailies work, so what are missions for exactly?  (And if it's for delivering narrative, again... random events?)

Edited by Gnome Saying
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

Honestly I've complained about the way missions work as well.  In the past I though a system where you deploy girls, or you complete tasks would work better, but we have those now as well.  Missions are just a time sink, especially for when there's event missions.

• Like 1