Leagues advancement/demotion formula

ChuckL68

What is the formula for advancement or demotion between tiers in the leagues?  I’ve risen to the highest tier where I’m now significantly weaker than most of the other players.  Last time I ended up ranked in the 90s, (near the bottom of the pack), but I just stayed in the highest tier.  Will I eventually get demoted to a lower tier if I place even lower?  What happens to the players at the top of the rankings of the top tier?  Do we ever just go back to the bottom tier and start over with the whole process?

• Like 1

To promote you need to be in the top 15, to demote you need to be in the bottom 15 or have 0 points. If you want to 100% guarantee demotion completely ignore league for the week and you'll drop down 1 tier.  Aiming to stay in the bottom 15 with points is risky for 2 reasons. If more than 15 people stay at 0 points everyone with 0 points will demote but none with any points. The other issue is people who haven't played in awhile get removed from leagues and when they come back in the middle of the week and join leagues again they could end up in your bracket and push you out of the bottom 15. This shouldn't happen in D3 because returning players should return with 1 tier demotion but it's something you should be aware of if you ever want to demote in other tiers later on.

• Like 1