40 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Esme La Fay

• Faptabulous!
    • Faptastic!
    • Yummy
    • Meh
    • Yucky

5 minutes ago, EpicBacon said:

After seeing all these spreadsheets and graphs, i just have one question for you Ravi,
Do you play Eve online?

Nope.  Looks cool though.  I played a Space MMO similar to it, but w/ worse graphics called Dark Orbit.  Also enjoyed playing No Man's Sky for a while, but it was more of a solitary space exploration game.  Didn't play it online.

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, jelom said:

@DvDivXXX I love your passion when speaking about art. You are really a connoisseur. I wonder if you have drawn some art yourself that you could show to us.

Thanks, man, I appreciate it. It's been one of my biggest passion along with music since forever. Unfortunately, no, I haven't drawn anything myself in over two decades. Long story short, I studied in an Art school specially with the goal of working in comics (back in the previous century ^^). Once I was there however, I started hanging out with a bunch of excellent artists (a few of whom eventually made it as professionals in the field). At that point I realized three things: that I was an average penciller compared  to them; that I was more interested in writing comics than drawing them; and that I was pretty much the only writer they had around. So I switched to working with artists from there on. ^^ I never had my breakthrough in the business, unfortunately, and I had to give up on that after a few years for another career, but I still remember those years fondly. I'm still a major art fan, though (especially comics and well, a lot of the art in this very game ^^).

-------------

OT: I forgot to mention I've spent a bit over 7k kos (and 5 SPs) to get Esme. Spent a tidbit more on affection items in the market to fully upgrade her right away (I couldn't wait). While this isn't her best work, it's definitely a great series from Venus. And I had been Venus-deprived for two months, so yeah. Pretty glad. ^^

I really hope Kinkoid will fix her stats. I doubt it was anything more than a typo, honestly. Deliberately balancing her double dual attributes by weakening her base stats sounds a bit too complicated to be a plausible explanation (especially since as others mentioned they pretty much never did that kind of tweaking). I'm glad she has extra reasons to be special on top of being made by my favorite artist in the game, but I'll still be okay with her having the same amount of stats as her fellow Mythics for gameplay purposes. ^^ (I wouldn't want her to have more either, not in a hurry to up the ante on the power creep yet again).

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, Ravi-Sama said:

Nope.  Looks cool though.  I played a Space MMO similar to it, but w/ worse graphics called Dark Orbit.  Also enjoyed playing No Man's Sky for a while, but it was more of a solitary space exploration game.  Didn't play it online.

just seemed like your thing, its basically a spreadsheet simulator if you go hard into trading :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, bolitho76 said:

image.png.cddde4ffb569517df8f06e14d2d3f434.png

Who's ready for her MDR on March 23rd w/ the new regular stats? 🙃

I left a comment on the wiki, to get it updated.

I checked my in-game stats, and it seems legit.  Did the math to reverse a lvl 38 1-star back to 0-stars and lvl 1.  The 0-star lvl 1 base stat sum is now correctly 10.2, instead of 10.

Lvl 38 w/ 1 star
HC 272 / 1.3 = 209.2 / 38 = 5.5
CH 149 / 1.3 = 114.6 / 38 = 3
KH 84 / 1.3 = 64.6 / 38 = 1.7

5.5+3+1.7=10.2

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Waited till the end to milk every sweet drop of natural regen. Ended up getting her with a total of 791 fights, 311 "free" (natural regen, pantheon, seasons) and 480 from koban refills. 5 SP as usual. On the more expensive end for my Mythics, but still not bad - and I really can't complain after getting Lovebot Norou for less than 600 fights. 😊

ScreenShot2023-03-06at12_21_31AM.thumb.png.b0e011e56da74a284653f4049c82db7e.png

She is my 18th Mythic overall, and second Playful🟡. Like @Ravi-Sama, I now have at least 2 of every element. It will take me a while to max her, however, as I'm always low on yellow gems and just spent most of the ones I had to unlock 750 for Magical Noemy. I haven't unlocked 750 for any of my Playful L5s yet, so I have to decide where to prioritize my precious yellow gems. I'll probably focus on Esme unless one of the L5s happens to be highly blessed on a certain week. Poor Sugarmama Lupa's Mom is going to have wait a loooong time to see any gems, but I don't feel too bad for her since I spent so much energy getting her Golden variant from that first SE, whenever that was.

• Like 5
  • Hearts 3

10 hours ago, Ravi-Sama said:

it seems legit.

In case this helps, she's at 6 stars but still level 1 on my account (might be simpler to double-check from that):

image.png

• Battle-Stats @ 0 Star = [Base battle-stats]
  • Battle-Stats @ 1 Star = [Base battle-stats] x 1.3
  • Battle-Stats @ 2 Stars = [Base battle-stats] x 1.6
  • Battle-Stats @ 3 Stars = [Base battle-stats] x 1.9
  • Battle-Stats @ 4 Stars = [Base battle-stats] x 2.2
  • Battle-Stats @ 5 Stars = [Base battle-stats] x 2.5
  • Battle-Stats @ N Stars = [Base battle-stats] x (1 + 0.3 x N)

So x 2.8 for 6 stars according to the wiki formula. It fits, with the KH stat getting rounded up from 4.76 to 4.8 apparently, compared to what her wiki page says now (and the result the formula gives). Nice B|🚬

• Like 5

Hopefully not. If they blame it on the stats rather than on the art this time around, they can have their cake (redundant MDR) without forcing me to eat it (leave Venus' art well enough alone). Fingers crossed, at least.

• Like 5

à l’instant, DvDivXXX a dit :

Hopefully not. If they blame it on the stats rather than on the art this time around, they can have their cake (redundant MDR) without forcing me to eat it (leave Venus' art well enough alone). Fingers crossed, at least.

same thing . i dont like changes. especially if they obliges me to something i dont like.

it was mentionned earlier in this topic as a joke that they may revive her soon and it seems that is real not a joke.

i hope they dont do the same thing like Santa Claudia.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They pointed exactly on the low stats, not at the art. Sure, there were some guys at discord who mentioned that they aren't fans of the style of Esme but not near the complaints about Santa Claudias style. And remember: Esme wasn't a great failure shardwise. She is far away from the 100.000 shards left at .com and so I can't imagine that KK think that she was so bad that a rework would be needed.

So we have a high possibility that we know which girl will be the second MDR while the (expected) Easter-SB last.

• Like 5

• Ravi-Sama changed the title to [ 03-Mar-23 ] Mythic Days #28 - Discussion - Esme La Fay ​🟡​
  • Ravi-Sama changed the title to [ March 3rd, 2023 ] Mythic Days #28 - Esme La Fay ​🟡​