[ March 10th, 2023 ] Legendary Days - Zorani & Lapis

Ravi-Sama

Spirimon Science  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Zorani

2. 2. Rate Lapis

3. 3. What's your goal(s)? (multiple choice)

• Zorani to 100%
    • Zorani to 40%
    • Lapis to 100%
    • Lapis to 40%
    • Neither
    • I'll just use free regen CP, and w/e happens, happens...
  4. 4. Did you already have Lapis?

image.thumb.jpeg.3f8c949becd5cc4f0db8d008d995462f.jpeg

Legendary Days

Spirimon Science
My legendary hero,

You’ll have until the 14th of March to get not one, but two legendary recruits in your Harem - the spirimon researcher Zorani and the returning babe - Lapis.

Let's do this for research purposes, shall we?

Boss Girls

affstar_S.pngaffstar_S.pngaffstar_S.pngaffstar_S.pngaffstar_S.png

image.thumb.png.6fa0fa338fffd2c16b91c3b6db8e15f6.png     

Zorani 🔴
Silvanus

affstar_S.pngaffstar_S.pngaffstar_S.pngaffstar_S.pngaffstar_S.png

image.thumb.png.05b210fe536dedefd4a3fe5672efb204.png     

Lapis 
Karole

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Thanks 6
  • Hearts 1

I had Lapis at 36%, so it took a handful of CP at the start to get her above 40%.

I'll focus on Zorani for the rest of the LD, and try to at least get her above 40%.  It's obvious she's a Pokémon parody (Professor Sada), but I haven't played Scarlet, so don't have nostalgia for it.  I think she looks cute.  She has 2 eye colors (purple and green).  If I got her, she'd be my 10th eccentric L5.  4 are maxed.

I think an SE is probably gonna occur around Easter, so it makes sense to me to save for that, and S Lupa's Mom's MDR instead.  I'm a sucker for dual attributes, and regretted not getting LXIX initially, but got her from the SM later.  If it looks like it won't cost much to get her near the end, I might invest kobans.

image.thumb.jpeg.d6b9f2c0d1daaccc8e796777c5fc2f2f.jpeg image.thumb.jpeg.6643e91feb4b4fe2b7aaed8b02417449.jpeg
Art by Araneesama & Raiya Atelier.

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Hearts 2

I will definitely go For Zorani. She looks very hot.

it s been a long time since i did not participate in LD. I will try to get her by day 4 to reduce the cost.

Lapis is so cute but she is with Karole. i have only 1 shard .may be i will target 40 shards but i am not sure ; it depends on whether i spend a lot or not for Zorani.

Good luck for everyone.

• Like 2

A two-in-one Toon Dude special. I already have Lapis (which is one of his finest series, although my absolute favorites are still Stellaluna and Avaritia), but I'm definitely going for the new one.

Gotta be careful and play with my kobans close to the chest, as I'm determined to go for all MDs, MDRs, LDs and LDRs moving forward, and now that they've FINALLY resumed reviving old LD girls that had yet to be revived, and in chronological order too, I have quite a bit to grab in the next few months.

• Like 6

Lapis revival finally! Finally I'll manage to get those 20 shards I couldn't buy with dating tokens back in the day 😭

Yes I know I could leave her there for sultry mysteryes but still, I'd rather complete her now, after all this time 😅🤣

About Zorani.... It's not that I do not like her, but there's something in her poses that I don't particularly like, either, even though I don't know exactly where the problem lies. I'll try to get her to 40+ shards, but that is probably the max I'll do

• Like 7

I was about to creat a topic when I stumbled across this @Ravi-Sama thanks :D

..well since I´ll catch them all I´ll obviously get Zorani too but man.. I find her to be an incredibly underwhelming parody of professor sada... don´t wanna shit on anyone who likes her ofc.. I hope everyone who likes her will get some good rng.. mine´s definitely not the greatest thus far :D

• Like 8
  • Hearts 1

Tough choice. Eccentric and Submissive are the two elements of which I have the least L5s (and consistently have the most gems), but Submissive is the more pressing need. I only have 6 and all are at level 700, whereas I have 8 Eccentric now including Livia (who is unlevelled). And i"m currently trying to clear Karole's Tier 1 anyway. Maybe I'll complete Lapis and then see if I can get Zorani to 40 shards without it being too expensive. I still have some fights I can pick up from Pantheon before I hit wall 1700.

Artwise I'm not the biggest fan of this artist ("Toon Dude" in Div's parlance). Something about Zorani's face creeps me out. The dual eye color is handy though.

Edited by Julius Fox
  • Like 8

Is anyone else getting an absolute shit drop rate for shards on Zorani?  I have spent over 150 fight tokens on her since the event started and only got 2 shards for my effort.  I do understand there is a randomness to it sure but I get better results pulling on Mythics then I do here and that says something...

• Like 1
  • Hug 1

The problem is the variance in rng systems. With a chance of a drop of 10% you will have in a very long run one drop out of 10 trys in average. But the very long run includes millions of trys. The possibility to get no drop out of 75 trys is low, yes, but not such low that it wouldn't happen sometimes when for an event hundreds of combativity from each player will be spent. On the other hand you have also the chance that you can get some drops (nearly) in a row so the rng system will balance the things out with the time.

In Mythic Days it's more frequent to have bad runs with only 1 drop out of 100 combativity, but because you invest more combativity to get the girl the rng can balance a little bit out. If you have a look in the various MD/MDR threads here in the forum you can see that results in MD reach from 3-8,5% droprate and that sometimes long bad streaks are reported with more than 100 trys without a drop.

There is also an interesting thread in Feedback where some helpfull guys report their drop rates. I have a look at my dropresults since the introduction of the shard system too, and until now I'm not far away from average droprates in all events: in some I'm a little bit better than the expected average, in some a little bit under-average, but in all eventfomats I had times were the droprates was horrible. Sometimes I had a very good streak, but mostly it was the "hidden balancing" where you need only a small amount of combativity less than expected so you doesn't recognize this result as "better than average".

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, lostboy79 said:

150 fight tokens

that says something...

No. It doesn't.

I do understand there is a randomness to it

I don't think you do. If you understood how odds-based mechanics work and should be approached rationally, you wouldn't have made that post. If it's just an oversight or a lack of info on your end, then Bolitho's post can help open your eyes if you want to. If it's the much more common case and you didn't or cannot make the effort most of us humans need to do to fight our very wrong instincts when it comes to probabilities and actually look at the big picture, then you're just going to have this type of overreaction to statistically insignificant variations over tiny samples for as long as you play this (or any other chance-based)  game.

Note that the first scenario is kind of okay (although it would be more fitting in your own QA thread than in an event-specific thread). The second one is not.

• Like 2
  • Hug 1

I had a pretty bad luck compared to previous months with Zorani, I've spent 645 nubans on refills with 3 perfumes to get her.

I'm now trying to get Lapis to at least 40 from 0 with natural regen + perfumes and will eventually put some extra refills on the last day if needed.

• Like 3

You know I do sometimes wonder about why some mods have such... "great" attitudes sometimes.  I posted it because the drop rate was in my experience of playing and even being a 'not FTP' person for oh, I don't know nearly since the game launched many, many, many years ago not as good as I have seen from experience in other Legendary Days events as a daily player who has been here since the beginning.  I didn't ask my question in any entitled or douchey way.  But, I did in the reading of the reply (not bolitho76s') a fairly d*****y (in my opinion) response.  If the drop rate is 10% sure fine I am more then happy to coincide to the fact that I just had a long round of rotten luck that's fine and I can accept that.  It really boggles the mind when people react like that with no good reason.  As to why a simple question about seemingly low drop rates on a Legendary Days event was posted in the Legendary Days event thread I don't know, I'm obviously not a super genius when it comes to innocuous things like that, if you're reading sarcasm here well you must be very astute! 

DvDivXXX qouting me in your reply doesn't really help your case, if bolitho76 is correct (no reason to doubt him) and the drop rate for shards in the event is 10% and I used 150 fight tokens then the average for that amount would be around 15 shards give or take.  Sure chance based rng can sometimes go very badly but what I saw for my rolls was a 2% literally 1/5th the drop rate for the event.  Is it really that shocking to wonder why the results are that bad publicly in a help forum of all places?

In conclusion it really isn't hard to respond in a decent manner after all bolitho76 you managed to do that quite well and I thank you for your kind response.  DiDivXXX you were neither helpful nor courteous in the least (the very antithesis to what a good mod should be) any attitude you receive here in this reply is in return for your own bad attitude.  Please do better...

Edited by lostboy79
left stuff out
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lostboy79 said:

the drop rate for shards in the event is 10% and I used 150 fight tokens then the average for that amount would be around 15 shards give or take

The dropchance is 10%, the droprange is 1-3. So in an average drop are 2 shards in LD. The chance of a drop in events is the same, the droprange is different.

In your case, in an full average result you should have 15 drops from 150 combativity with in total 30 shards. Because of the two random generated variables (amount of drops and amount of shards in a drop) RNG has two possibilitys to kick your ass.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lostboy79 said:

left stuff out

Yeah, this isn't the place for that. And to be clear, the only part of my post that was an act of moderation was the last line:

18 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Note that the first scenario is kind of okay (although it would be more fitting in your own QA thread than in an event-specific thread). The second one is not.

For this and this alone, it's relevant that I'm a mod.

The rest of my post was me informing you, as a fellow player who also happens to be very experienced in dealing with both odds-based game mechanics AND players who can't deal with odds-based game mechanics (not just from this game). You made a whine post about having had bad luck over a small sample. That's typically a sign of someone who doesn't get what to expect or even how to approach their results with RNG. The good way is over time and including all of your results, not just separating small clusters that you like or dislike and reacting emotionally to them as if RNG was a person and they were being mean to you.

As for your nasty comments about my attitude, cut it out. I was not douche-y or insulting in the least in that post. You chose to read it that way. You're not the first, but that's thankfully a minority of people who apparently imagine a very mean tone when they read me. That's not my problem. ALSO, please note that mods are NOT supposed to behave this or that way according to you or any other random user's expectations. It's not your place to give me a lecture on how to talk, how to behave or who to be just because there's "Moderator" next to my name. Friendly warning.

/off-topic.

• Hug 3

I see, so you get this complaint often enough that you comment on the fact and at the same time in the same sentence you pretend that it is not in fact you it's them.  Sorry to say but in my opinion it is you.  You weren't informing anyone at least not in a meaningful way bolitho76 did that you were and are speaking condescendingly in both your first reply and the second.  I am really not interested in going back and forth here so let us just end it at that.  If you feel like you must get the last word in, please be my guest I don't really care to further respond.

• Like 1

I had pretty good drop rates on these LD (with Mythic boosters), got Lapis and 20 shards of Zorani so far! 😍

Now it remains to be seen if I will get to 40 shards of Zorani.

Edit: I didn't get many more shards of Zorani, although I like her appearance.

Edited by OmerB
  • Like 1

I ended up deciding to save my kobans for next month, since there will probably be a Seasonal Event and I will need to go after both LD girls to have any shot at the 3rd SE girl. Also, next month's LD revival girl should be Stacy, who is an orange-haired Eccentric🔴 like Zorani.

I was able to get exactly 40 shards of Lapis from natural regen, so at least I'll have the option of getting her from Sultry Mysteries at some point.

• Like 5

image.png.0ace7e7aec54b6b2e971ad95e81ada58.png

I spend 356 combativity (256 from natural regen and rewards, 2 x50 refills) and 2 Sandalwood so far for 22 drops. Now I have to decide to invest much more Koban (and a 3rd Sandalwood) or to wait for SM/the revival. Since I want to get the girl from MDR, I will safe my Koban.

Had Lapis from her first appearance.

• Like 6

I had 0 shard for each girl and wanted both, so I went heavy on refills (Well... Could have been worse :) )

Zorani cost me a little bit over 2 days of natural regen, 825 Kobans (77 Combativity) for refills, and gave up with a x100 drop.

I was able to bring Lapis to 19/100 with the remaining natural regen and a bunch of Pantheon fights (6 floors / 18 combativity, barely anything), then I heavily refilled to get her to 98/100 yesterday, and finished her with natural regen this morning.

She was a lot more expensive than Zorani, since these 79 refill-shards cost me 5349 Kobans / 496 Fights (That's almost the cost of a perfectly average 100 shards, for just 79 shards. Could have been worse, could have been better).

Total cost for both girls: 6174 Kobans and 6 Pantheon floors, 0 SP. Pretty happy with that overall :)

• Like 6
  • Surprised :O 1

• Ravi-Sama changed the title to [ March 10th, 2023 ] Legendary Days - Zorani & Lapis