contest bug

drwho8765

Daylight Savings in Europe always messes up the game/contests, sadly because it's Sunday I wouldn't expect it to be fixed but should right itself next reset. Yesterdays contests would've only had 23 hours to complete because of the hour skip. If you're from North America or somewhere that doesn't do DST then you might not have realized contests ended an hour earlier than normal.

Sadly like Oliver said I doubt that any of the devs is online so the issue won't be fixed and we have one day without any Daily Contest at hand.

It's certainly a bummer for the Path of Attraction tiers that have the "score points in contests" condition but none of us here in the forums has the power to fix the issue I'm afraid.

20 minutes ago, Eckos said:

adly like Oliver said I doubt that any of the devs is online

Doesn't matter, its well known Great Semi-Annual Daylight Savings Fuckup that Nobody Cares to Fix. But then:

With this update, the league rewards are being rebalanced: – Shards are decreased by 10%

Isn't it much better than fixing bugs? Aren't you happy?

Edited by BBBBBB-B

52 minutes ago, BBBBBB-B said:

With this update, the league rewards are being rebalanced: – Shards are decreased by 10%

If you only look at the -10% shard decrease, yeah it looks bad, but the other changes more than compensate for that. For starters league guys can no longer be missed, once you complete one you'll start getting shards for a different league guy until you have them all. Also league guys use to be added every 6 weeks, now it's every 10 so while most people will lose maybe 1-3 shards a week they'll have 4 extra weeks before a new one is added and to work on previously missed or incomplete guys. Losing 10% of shard drops feels like a very minor issue when looking at what was gained.

54 minutes ago, BBBBBB-B said:

Doesn't matter, its well known Great Semi-Annual Daylight Savings Fuckup that Nobody Cares to Fix. But then:

Isn't it much better than fixing bugs? Aren't you happy?

I agree that this issue is already known and could have been fixed already.

But League guys are now 10 weeks in the league instead of six, so the decrease of given shards per week is plausible and not really a nerf.

i highly disagree with the new update to the leagues, yes it is now ten weeks, but less shards given. most average players can get 2 and half guys if they are lucky. the only benefit is to the higher players who may get more guys than that. also loosing worship which is harder to regen  to get fists instead,which regen faster. so in my opion it is a def nerf

The majority of players find worship mostly useless, sure a very small amount probably prefer it but pantheon is a terrible feature that becomes impossible for 99% of players eventually. Before the league update you could only get 1 guy every 6 weeks and if you missed him you couldn't get him at all, until Sultry which if you managed 40 shards you could spend lots of coins for the guy. I largely disagree that this only benefits higher lv players because before this update I got the guy within 3 weeks and nothing, now I'll get the guy within 3-4 weeks and again nothing only now for up to 10 weeks instead of 6. For new players it use to be 6 weeks and if you fail you have to start working on the new guy with and miss out, now you can work on previously missed guys until caught up. Even on D3 10% shard loss meant losing only 5 shards a week for the 4-6 players who pull off 1st, the vast majority of players won't even lose 3 shards a week but will now be able to get missed guys.

Leagues have some guys with really wonderful art that players were heartbroken to miss, like Faustus. On other servers like Nutaku and Erogames it's only possible for about 5 or 7 players to have even completed 100 shards within 6 weeks because their leagues is stuck and sexpert 1 and wanker 2, now all players can eventually get the guys. For me it's not a great update, it means 1 guy every 10 weeks instead of 6, but I acknowledge it's a great update for the vast majority of the players.

• Like 2

Gotta agree with Oliver on this. The league guys are no longer missable, that is already a huge advantage. You can work towards all of them like with the guys from club champions or Places of Power.

Also Combativity is a much more valuable resource compared to Worship because it is required for many different events and tasks across the whole game.

Worship is really used only in the Pantheon itself and once you have the four guys available in it the Pantheon holds not that much value anymore. Not to mention the third and fourth guy are really hard to get for most average players.

The way it works now is similar to Place of Power, as soon as you have one it should move on to another guy you haven't completed yet. I'm not 100% sure how it works, someone who hasn't completed all the guys will have to confirm that, but I believe everyone stayed on the guy that was out when the update went live. Either we'll have to recruit the most recent and work our way back or collect the first guy released in leagues and work on the rest of the guys in order of release.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pelto said:

Am I the only one with no contest today? Seems like some unfortunate timing since we need contest points for the ultimate fucking games.

Merged your thread with the original one asking about the no contests, drwho8765's answer above is correct though, it should be back tomorrow with the new reset.