Nerd things

Haile

If you're reading this,. then in all probability you self-identify as a nerd.  What other nerd things do you enjoy?  I'll lead.

-Magic: the Gathering
-Super Metroid, Pokemon R/B, FF6, Morrowind, OoT, Golden Sun, FF:TA, and other such games
-Minecraft, particularly my experience moderating a server
-liberalism
-significant legal cases
-the Marquis de Sade

Let's unite and possibly make some friends with the nerd things we have in common.

mmmm 

Advanced dungeons and dragons edition 2.0 and other roleplayer older games

super hero and fantasy comics 

like physics and technological advances

read books and novels for pleasure

and the most freak: use the mobile only for calls (no games, no social networks, no whassap, no take pictures)

On 4/16/2018 at 12:54 PM, Chthugha said:

YuGiOh! TCG

You will not blaspheme!
(I won't go into a long rant as to why Yu-Gi-Oh! is just the worst)
Chess is pretty cool though.  I'm an assassin with my queen.  Also exoplanets are pretty damn cool and we're at a fortunate point in human history to have discovered them, along with black holes.

On 4/17/2018 at 5:35 AM, saberbholt said:

mmmm 

Advanced dungeons and dragons edition 2.0 and other roleplayer older games

super hero and fantasy comics 

like physics and technological advances

read books and novels for pleasure

and the most freak: use the mobile only for calls (no games, no social networks, no whassap, no take pictures)

D&D and anime are the two nerd things I won't touch, simply because I know I'll spend all of the money on it if I got started.  Hell, I had to get out of paper Magic because the mana base for Legacy alone costs about as much as a new car.  You seem like the kind of nerd who's gonna be ready for the future of technology and science sooner than the rest of us.

20 minutes ago, Haile said:

You will not blaspheme!
(I won't go into a long rant as to why Yu-Gi-Oh! is just the worst)
Chess is pretty cool though.  I'm an assassin with my queen.  Also exoplanets are pretty damn cool and we're at a fortunate point in human history to have discovered them, along with black holes.

D&D and anime are the two nerd things I won't touch, simply because I know I'll spend all of the money on it if I got started.  Hell, I had to get out of paper Magic because the mana base for Legacy alone costs about as much as a new car.  You seem like the kind of nerd who's gonna be ready for the future of technology and science sooner than the rest of us.

oh I know, but I saw your MTG, so I wanted to poke you a bit.

1 hour ago, Haile said:

You seem like the kind of nerd who's gonna be ready for the future of technology and science sooner than the rest of us.

only when it is at the level of understanding why carbon nanotubes work and their applications, or how a quantum computer works:P

socially many advances that end up being used for superfluous things, such as internet that had the function of being the largest library of knowledge and ended up being for movies, social networks and trying to have appointments from home.

Future always scary me for the use who makes people of tecnology

Edited by saberbholt

saberbholt, I do appreciate the irony of the Internet being the greatest repository of knowledge in all of human history, and yet we use it to look at cats.
(Firefox fuckery made these edits way longer than they should've been)

Edited by Haile

like Magic the gathering until version 5, you know: mox, black lotus, mirror universe and mana burts , landins double... My deck was white/black/blue (sengir vampire's, demonic tutor, archangels, and dispells) later was the game a lot of changes and new mecanics not like  xD  

Edited by saberbholt

I think you'd like the Legacy format.  It pretty much takes the 1% of good cards from each set in an eternal perspective (which is still a rather large card pool, the game's been around since 1993), and games tend not to last past turn four unless someone is playing heavy control.

Fun personal story: I was playing against a cheating piece of shit online who always pulled god hands and draws, he was running ANT, and he rage-quit because he didn't know Storm (the win condition) was a triggered ability that I just countered.  I don't like to rules-lawyer but he had it coming.

Edited by Haile

in my epoc i see a loot of partys with damage for no cards in the deck xD Was other time, with circle of protection agaist (color), and a lot of cards for destroy/dispell  then wizard of the coast make the 6th and ecco & a lot of cards go out of the game .

All more or less.

-I'm certified lvl 2 Judge in Magic the Gathering, and registred TO. I own roughly 25000 cards and have owned essentially every card worth owning in the game. Came fifth in the Vintage nationals in my country a couple of years back.

-I'm project leader (and the founder) in the development and execution of a semi-large gaming convention, since five years back. 

-I'm a board-, card- and roleplaying game developer, from concept, design, art, mechanics and everything included. 

-I used to be a video games reviewer.

-I own several bookshelves of board games. And card games. And roleplaying games. And dice. Sooo many dice.

-I own every major console released since this millenia, and an Amiga 500. More games than I can count, I have.

Gaming is sort of my life.