Worst movies to ever exist

pooplool

On 08/08/2017 at 9:51 PM, Sinner said:

Ghost in the Shell (2017)

Harsh for all its problems hardly the worst movie ever made I'd rate it over Mother and that's not worst movie fodder I'm of the opinion Professor Hackenstien has the title though as I vet older it edges closer to so bad its good territory

• Like 1

Basically every modern movie which was based on an anime or cartoon from the late 90's seems pretty bad to me.

Sure, they can provide good entertainment, but most don't follow the original storylines and established concepts at all, making it a major disappointment for most fans. I saw parts of the Transformers movie (the live-action rip offs, not the real animated movie from 87) and I was glad that never went to see those in the cinemas (I got most of the animated series on DVD).

The problem is that these days the drive is mostly money. But back in the days it was mostly about making an awesome film which could tell the story (if it existed, like a book or such) as best as possible.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2017 at 10:11 PM, ZenMaster said:

The problem is that these days the drive is mostly money. But back in the days it was mostly about making an awesome film which could tell the story (if it existed, like a book or such) as best as possible.

Yeah, right, you might want to reevaluate this position. Just compare those old Disney movies to the original books. They all fucked them up badly.

3 hours ago, Sinner said:

Yeah, right, you might want to reevaluate this position. Just compare those old Disney movies to the original books. They all fucked them up badly.

Having actually read Junglebook (from Kipling) I'm well aware. But that's Disney for you: make a ton of money with freely available material, and when fans use your stuff a little too much to your liking you immediately sue them.

One of the reasons I'm not really a Disney fan :P

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Menace 2 Society. Not much plot. It wasn't a bad movie, but since it's always hailed as a classic 90s hip-hop gangster movie, I thought it would be like New Jack City. Nope. It was just more a generic a-day-in-the-life of a high school dropout living in a Californian suburban ghetto  who  makes drugs to sell. The ending is sad though. 

The Avengers. All it was is just Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Nick Fury, etc throwing hissy fits with each other. Loki has some sort of existential crisis and goes rogue. 

Battleship. That movie was a disappointment. All it was is aliens come down to Earth but don't invade. All they do is lumber around looking scary while getting blasted away by battalion. Not much action.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...